• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

I remember a little of Hyori's 10minutes and much more of Big Bang's Lies and then later Kara's Honey was stuck in my head, even if I knew Gee also (I was without internet for quite a while until then). I didn't really followed k-pop before but when I was starting to watch variety shows out of curiosity, especially with Kara - and then SNSD - I started to follow it more closely.

Alta1r

I heard Hyori's "Mr. Big" and SNSD's "SNSD" first, but didn't really start listening to kpop until almost two years later when I heard T-ara's "Wae Ireoni" and "TTL" for the first time.

Ym1r

quick drawing for art class, I'm about to ruin it to follow the guidelines for this assignment. crappy camera still /gg

drew it a junk piece of paper cause I ran out of good paper and I was too lazy to get more.

jt9Db.jpg

JKTrix

An ex of mine got deep into K-pop when she went to a private high school in Canada and met a bunch of Korean people. When we'd have webcam chats or whatever, she was always playing something in the background--now and then if I hear something from 7+ years ago I might remember the tune from back then. A lot of BoA.

The first video I saw was Hyori's U Go Girl, but at that point I was just amused. I saw Gee and several parodies/dance videos of it, but it wasn't until Genie that I started actively looking into the 'genre'. The combination of SNSD and a lot of free time due to quitting work and going to college is what really got me into it.

Tenck

What was the song that got you guys and gals into K-Pop? For me it was Big Bang - Tonight

SNSD Gee.

What got me hooked the most was T ara's Roly Poly though. Can't thank Chesskid enough for his awesome recommendation of the song, and also the introduction to T ara which instantly became my favorite group.

What was the song that got you guys and gals into K-Pop?

I've actually been listening in and out of K-Pop for the last 4 years or so. I was first introduced to it with Taeyang's Wedding Dress that for some reason took off within the Asian American communities, but I never really got hooked to it until I saw those 8 angels(Hyo doesn't count) showing their legs off while doing the hackey sack dance on the Genie mv. That was when I was completely fell for them and decided I would figure out who that smoking hot dark skinned girl was, it was of course Yuri. From there it just snowballed into an obsession then next thing you know, I was in too deep. It's kinda impossible to get out now lol.

Biscuits

What was the song that got you guys and gals into K-Pop? For me it was Big Bang - Tonight
lol this again. Well, kinda dabbled in Kpop when I discovered Epik High - One. Saw Gee when it came out and was turned off by it so I didn't bother looking further. Had an off period before a friend recommended Taeyang's Where U At. I thought the dance was so damn cool that I had to look for more stuff. This led to Genie amongst other things (Abracadabra was one of them), which brings me to today I guess. Phew!

Funny, I remember wondering who that cute girl was in PantherLotus' avatar before all of this.

jokkir

Other than BoA?

Probably Wonder Girls - Tell Me. Damn catchy song. That was 5 years ago .__.

Then I noticed everyone started liking it after SNSD's Gee.

Hey JoongKookie, whats the diff between the ATH-M50 and ATH-M50s ?

M50 is the coiled cable version and the M50s is the straight cable version. The coiled cable is a little fancier looking but the cord is obviously a little shorter than the straight and the straight cable is much cheaper for some reason. But, the crazier audiophiles argue that the straight cable is of a lower quality compared to the coiled version. So yeah lol. I honestly don't know if there's any difference between the two but that's that. All I know is, the straight cable sounds amazing so I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

giri

M50 is the coiled cable version and the M50s is the straight cable version. The coiled cable is a little fancier looking but the cord is obviously a little shorter than the straight and the straight cable is much cheaper for some reason. But, the crazier audiophiles argue that the straight cable is of a lower quality compared to the coiled version. So yeah lol. I honestly don't know if there's any difference between the two but that's that. All I know is, the straight cable sounds amazing so I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

prefer straight, coiled cables shit me.

if i was that worried about the cable quality i'd go out of my way and buy a new one.

Besides, being coiled like that would increase interference more likely.

W_Dreamer

<WGM> Kwanghee is some kind of goddamn comedy genius.

Sunhwa gets more charming with each episode too.

Its hard to believe her with the likes of T-ara's Hyomin were once bottom tier among the Invincible Youth cast.

But then again even HyunA was far from the most popular there.

giri

Sunhwa gets more charming with each episode too.

Its hard to believe her with the likes of T-ara's Hyomin were once bottom tier among the Invincible Youth cast.

But then again even HyunA was far from the most popular there.

Whiny Hyuna was awesome on IY1.

whatchoo on about.

neoism

I've actually been listening in and out of K-Pop for the last 4 years or so. I was first introduced to it with Taeyang's Wedding Dress that for some reason took off within the Asian American communities, but I never really got hooked to it until I saw those 8 angels(Hyo doesn't count) showing their legs off while doing the hackey sack dance on the Genie mv. That was when I was completely fell for them and decided I would figure out who that smoking hot dark skinned girl was, it was of course Yuri. From there it just snowballed into an obsession then next thing you know, I was in too deep. It's kinda impossible to get out now lol.

i know the feels...lol
I'm more of a closest fan really ... I dont really love any group but SNSD Secret is great but I only like Sunhwa and I prefer her acting then the group thing...and any other group doesn't really matter to me

<3

(._.)

Banned
I watched all the episodes of IY1 that Hyuna was in. Stopped when she had to leave around ep 35ish iirc :[

Watched 1st episode of IY2. show fucking sucked.

dokish

Banned
ibyu2AtZX0RX9a.jpg

Wow. I'm just a little more than one month away from my trip! I'm really excited and can't wait for it. The hardest part is definitely the waiting. I have to start on planning what I will bring and what I won't. Stuff to buy (awfully cold Dec-Jan), stuff to bring as gift, etc.

This is the biggest thing I have ever done with my life! I'm not a travel guy... and although I have been to Germany once, I wasn't THAT excited.

I really hope I can connect with the family and add something meaningful to their lives; I know they will add priceless stuff for me.

I hope they have 'regular shower' and not just the tub. Is gonna be really awkward bathing in another person's water. (This is how it works in Japan, right?)

I will try to photograph my daily routine and keep record of what I'm doing, giving impressions of the place, etc. (Although some people seems to hate me, I think some of you are interested? lol)

People that already have been there, any tips? Places to visit? Foods to try? I appreciate any help.
Are bus drivers bat shit insane as everyone says? They drive like NASCAR racers?

EDIT: Any useful iPad apps? Like, dictionary, translators, guides, photo album, photo editor, apps for taking notes in classes, etc.

BoA - Amazing Kiss.

Yep, centuries ago. I was blown away watching the MV.

W_Dreamer

IY1 was easily god-tier variety...Kim Tae Woo was the prefect MC for that show.

Flirting With Hyuna

I cant believe Hyuna was so coy back then...certainly no Bubble Pop or Trouble Maker, college dude had a chance I reckon if he was persistent enough.

vanty

Doesn't IY2 have even lower ratings than what IY1 ended with? I don't think IY3 would be any sort of certainty. Or did they pick up once Shinyoung joined and they changed stuff around? I only watched the first few episodes, and then a couple more months later but they were spending like half of both episodes on some stupid boring "guess the correct giant pot" game and I decided that even Jiyoung can't get me to keep watching that shit.

Yeah Tae Woo was great, a total natural. The guy they have on IY2 is fucking shit, and he's a professional MC.

giri

Flirting With Hyuna

Taewoo was amazingly brilliant.

Doesn't IY2 have even lower ratings than what IY1 ended with? I don't think IY3 would be any sort of certainty. Or did they pick up once Shinyoung joined and they changed stuff around? I only watched the first few episodes, and then a couple more months later but they were spending like half of both episodes on some stupid boring "guess the correct giant pot" game and I decided that even Jiyoung can't get me to keep watching that shit.

Yeah Tae Woo was great, a total natural. The guy they have on IY2 is fucking shit, and he's a professional MC.

The permanent male MC now is Boom. Boom does a good job. Not great.

I believe the show rates ok now. It's a far cry from IY1, and no where near as brilliant. But it seems to have recovered well enough. If you showed me an ep of IY1 and then IY2, i would never have picked them as the same show.

Its enjoyably watchable now. And actually got better once sunny left, as too many were trying to use her as a crutch.

But it's almost on like it's 50th ep now, so they'll have to be wrapping it up soon i figure.

... I just hope they get IY3 right, cause there hasn't been a better variety show than IY1.

prefer straight, coiled cables shit me.

if i was that worried about the cable quality i'd go out of my way and buy a new one.

Besides, being coiled like that would increase interference more likely.

Same. I like coiled cables but they're a bother to use, had a guy pull and almost drop the hear back box coz he was walking with his headphones on and didn't realize the cables wouldn't stretch that far. Good thing he managed to catch it before it fell.

Flirting With Hyuna

I cant believe Hyuna was so coy back then...certainly no Bubble Pop or Trouble Maker, college dude had a chance I reckon if he was persistent enough.

Yup. Bear-hyung was the saving grace of the show. Other than Sunny nobody really wanted to act like a fool on camera, but Taewoo managed to coax it out of them and then even Sunwha was mildly interesting despite her lack of skills to do anything.

i know the feels...lol
I'm more of a closest fan really ... I dont really love any group but SNSD Secret is great but I only like Sunhwa and I prefer her acting then the group thing...and any other group doesn't really matter to me

<3

Yep, besides Soshi and A-Pink I'm just a regular fan of the other groups, those two on the other hand I fanboy hard lol.

I gotta say though, looking over Girl's Day stuff, I'm starting to become a huge fan. I can't get over the fact that Minah is almost a carbon copy of my Eunji, but also why did Jihae have to leave? She rustled my jimmies in that Twinkle Twinkle and Hug Me Once MV, but now she's gone. It kinda seems like they're lacking in eye candy now lol.

Niks

yeh IY1 is sooogood.gif. Cast was godly.

Whats more, I think it should have a place in the OT. Everyone new to K-Pop should give it a watch imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom