• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristam

Americans think that violence is acceptable and sex is evil.

But now you're left with no words to frame Koreans' views toward sex!

The first time I heard that on a Korean show I found it peculiar, but then since they mention it nearly every other time realized it was a Korean thing. It also explains why mangaka give their characters in manga blood types as part of their character profile in Japan. I guess it helps justify/round off their characters personalities for Japanese readers.

That's partly why Julian is cool on WGM. He thought it was weird too when he got asked his blood type in the first episode. He responded that the zodiac was used more for that compatibility stuff. But its all novelty either way.

BTW, 26 years and I still have no idea what my blood type is. lol Is it important to know your blood type for emergency reasons? As in if you were in an accident...?

There's a very funny monologue in My Scary Girl (달콤, 살벌한 연인) where the main character berates his girlfriend for believing in blood types.

Ashhong

soogood.gif

i5dvA5564ox9d.jpg

damn, I completely skipped over this picture. goddamn Fany is killing it these days with this hair

What's the deal with Crayon Pop? They get posted here a lot but their videos all seem to have crazy low views, like less than some stuff I've posted online. Even weirder is how even when I look explicitly for Korean videos of them many if not most of the comments are usually in English. Do they not have much of a following in their native country but somehow developed a cult following within the western K-Pop fandom?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's the deal with Crayon Pop? They get posted here a lot but their videos all seem to have crazy low views, like less than some stuff I've posted online. Even weirder is how even when I look explicitly for Korean videos of them many if not most of the comments are usually in English. Do they not have much of a following in their native country but somehow developed a cult following within the western K-Pop fandom?
Pretty much. They also seem to actually have some sort of following in Japan, as opposed to none at all in Korea.
I actually wonder if their first music video being filmed in Japan had a major negative affect on their reception in Korea.
I have no idea how anyone could miss or disregard their charm, but maybe that's just my American Spirit™ giving small upstarts a chance. One thing that is for sure is that they were not given a fair shot from music shows. Shit groups like She'z and Tahiti got a good amount of appearances and Crayon Pop barely got anything.

Ashhong

One thing that is for sure is that they were not given a fair shot from music shows. Shit groups like She'z and Tahiti got a good amount of appearances and Crayon Pop barely got anything.

I'm really curious whats the process behind the choosing the acts that get to perform on the music shows. It must involve some brown envelopes filled with cash.

Yeo Hee releases a great JP debut single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbz2mWu7Xk

Ah you should have said its the Apple girl. It's a better song than the korean one she debuted with.

FUCK

No reason to be like that. I'm not trying to put on a cool air, just stating a plain fact that sones are extremely numerous and utterly obsessed. You're truly wasting your time if you're going to the trouble of making gifs of non-rare SNSD things.

Ignore this guy. Not everyone uses tumblr and shit. I am wholly dependent on people in this thread either making gifs, or reposting from other sources.

Underrated in Korea, overrated on GAF and TL.

milkham

Milk, do you use a special theme on your iPhone ? It looks really pure, I'd love to have mine like that too.

yeah i was already jailbroken so I could have google voice integrated into the dialer and sms app, and i installed winterboard and downloaded a lockscreen theme called PlaneteTactile and then i edited the theme and changed the picture. It was kind of a pain. if you know anything about html you should be able to figure it out. I used a program called iFile from cydia to edit the theme. There's no iOS6 untethered jailbreak right now so i'm still on 5.1.1

if you look through this thread on the verge a guy there helped me out. pm me or find me on irc if you have trouble. I could just send you the file if you can't figure it out and don't mind it looking exactly like mine.

roaSone

yeah i was already jailbroken so I could have google voice integrated into the dialer and sms app, and i installed winterboard and downloaded a lockscreen theme called PlaneteTactile and then i edited the theme and changed the picture. It was kind of a pain. if you know anything about html you should be able to figure it out. I used a program called iFile from cydia to edit the theme. There's no iOS6 untethered jailbreak right now so i'm still on 5.1.1

if you look through this thread on the verge a guy there helped me out. pm me or find me on irc if you have trouble. I could just send you the file if you can't figure it out and don't mind it looking exactly like mine.

Eerh, as I thought it's impossible without jailbreaking.. I crashed my previous iPhone with that so I won't try on this one or maybe I'll try the day I'll change it. Anyways, thank you for your explanation Milk ;)

ryan-ts

No Managers On Set of WGM Ripoff
tvN‘s ‘The Romantic & Idol‘ has decided to ban manager access.

Representatives of the upcoming reality show stated, “Because it’s a ‘real date story’ program and we need to record idols on dates, we’ve made it so their managers and coordinators cannot interfere. [We're letting] the idols express their true feelings [without being concerned] because it’s not like variety programs; it’s a reality program.”

It’s reported that staff members on set were surprised by the idols’ public displays of affection.

‘The Romantic’, which featured non-celebrity bachelors and bachelorettes previously, has decided to air a spin-off, ‘The Romantic & Idol‘, for its third season. The eight idols to feature on the show-2PM‘s Jun.K, 4minute‘s Jihyun, MBLAQ‘s Mir, ZE:A‘s Hyungsik, JJ Project‘s JB, Rainbow‘s Seung Ah, FIESTAR‘s Jei, and AOA‘s Hyejeong - wrapped up filming in October on Jeju Island.

The premiere of ‘The Romantic & Idol’ will air on November 11 at 8:50PM KST.

Album of the motherfucking year.
I`m going to agree here. The whole album has a very funky sound and the collection of different singers & rappers definitely works in it`s favour. I think everyone should give it a listen when they get the chance.

Americans think that violence is acceptable and sex is evil.

It is all about how extreme it is. Violence or sexual situations/suggestion are kept in a range accessible by most or shown on TV. Long strings of cursewords, nudity, and extreme violence (yes including flying limbs and shooting people in the face) are relegated to adult territory. There are only a few exceptions and that normally deals with tone and intent.

Then again I was watching MBC's Air City and was wondering how violence is categorized in Korea as well.

Dice

It's cute how you describe them as though they are somehow on equal or sensible terms. Do you happen to work for a censorship board in the US?

Jesus fucking christ I've been getting into Crayon Pop so much this last week. They are so fucking good they have ridiculous amounts of aegyo.

You guys should post some Crayon Pop gifs for me because I'm awesome. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3wnue2ivNg
This is my least favorite song by them but I can't look away. lol, haven't had this feeling since I first got into kpop haha.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

roaSone

I'd like to know something guys, is it possible to avoid the unavailability of shows or dramas on Viki due to regional issues ??

If it's not possible, do you know where I could find Strong Hearts episodes with english subs?

BIGBANG: Special Final in Dome Memorial Collection. It's a Japanese album with solo songs in Japanese.
1. That XX (JP Version) - G-Dragon
2. Wedding Dress (ENG Version) - Taeyang
3. Wings (JP Version) - Daesung
4. What Can I Do (JP Version) - Seungri
5. High High (JP Version) - GD&TOP
Bonus Track: Fantastic Baby (JP Version) - BIGBANG

Tenck

BIGBANG: Special Final in Dome Memorial Collection. It's a Japanese album with solo songs in Japanese.
1. That XX (JP Version) - G-Dragon
2. Wedding Dress (ENG Version) - Taeyang
3. Wings (JP Version) - Daesung
4. What Can I Do (JP Version) - Seungri
5. High High (JP Version) - GD&TOP
Bonus Track: Fantastic Baby (JP Version) - BIGBANG

This is actually something I'm in need of. Want to practice my Japanese listening skills, and what better way than with Big Bang :)

Dice

I thought Viki was going to do her solo debut before Dal Shabet had another round. Is she going to delay to next year? December isn't really a good time to debut.

Dice

I think I am developing a mancrush on Zion.T

It's hard to explain. He doesn't come off like someone naturally of their own element, like André 3000 or something, but he makes what he does work anyway. He kind of seems like the type I'd normally criticize as having an utterly contrived style crafted to pander to girls, but it's like he contrives it and then simply chooses to make it real by power of his swagger. Whatever he's doing, the end result is I like it. I love all his contributions to this album, I love his single, and I love prior collaborations and performances of his that I have found. He is one cool cat.

It's cute how you describe them as though they are somehow on equal or sensible terms. Do you happen to work for a censorship board in the US?

Not sure what you mean by that. I am old enough to enjoy anything I want. I simply understand the distinctions and why they came about. Not that I have a high opinion of them.

And no... I don't believe in censorship. But the reason things are accepted and not accepted is simply a reflection of the history of the country/culture. You will see something similar no matter what country you analyze.

looooooool

2021106_inkigayo_bapeggsong.jpg

That took me a sec. Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom