• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YG Family.
e1zoO.jpg

Fafnir

If you don't attend or perform at MAMA you have no chance of winning. Artist of the year is Big Bang? PSY should have swept it but Korean award shows always give everyone a prize.

Seohyun said:
Hello everyone in SONE JAPAN.
It's Seohyun~!

Last week we went to Singapore and Thailand for SMTOWN, but it rained even though we had long awaited outdoor stages... However, we created even more enjoyable memories!

Also, our new album has finally gone on sale~ (* ^_^*)
I'll be happy if receives lots of love from everyone ☆
I want to sing in front of SONE JAPAN soon~ ♪

jXcX6.png

luso

Still the awards, MAMA was more fun because of live commentary. A little bit like Mistery Science Theater 3000. Kitsch, sometimes unintentionally fun, over the top acts and awkward stages. And there were also awards!

giri

Okay, so I know nothing about K-pop in general, but I had an SNSD Christmas video in my youtube recommendations, so I watched it. And then I watched the next one. And the next one. Some great English language covers and a lot of Christmas songs.

Those little red outfits...

o_O

Check out the OP for the thread. There is a huge organised collection of MV's that will leave you hooked and unable to do anything for a week.

Then go watch Invincible Youth 1.

One of Us.
One of us.
One of Us.

There's nothing flawless about Taeyeon's Engrish. Let's not let the fanboyism get to our heads. Only ones I know for a fact that have perfect English are Tiffany and Sica, but that's because they've been speaking it for so long. Don't know about the rest.

Tenck
Banned

Tenck should know better than to slander taeyeon! (he's right, her english is far from flawless).

Just watched that BIGBANG performance and it was good. The thing that caught my eye was these people in the front row dressed in costumes from Batman. Bane and Joker... WAT.

giri

Just watched that BIGBANG performance and it was good. The thing that caught my eye was these people in the front row dressed in costumes from Batman. Bane and Joker... WAT.

Epik High put on an absolutely horrible performance that was entirely unforgettable because it was that bad.

RubyFaith

YG fam going more for theatrics than making sure they don't sound like scheiße.
SHINee was amazing.
The Hip Hop stage was cool for a moment but at the end it dragged.
Queen In Young's Engrish made me LOL but she looked great.
Kwill and Roy Kim's vocals were on point.
Leehom also gave a pretty good performance.
Krstyal's face still gives me laifu.
The possible wank between Exotics and Babies have died since MAMA gave them nugu awards. They could smell the fanwar from miles away. Smart but disappointing move.

Overall it sucked because the performances were lack luster and just downright awful.

I fucking died when that Chinese actor (I forget his name) announced Psy's win and no one knew wtf was happening. I laughed for at least five minutes.

Cuddler

The MAMA awards this year were good, especially, if not only (lol) because ShinDong was on camera a lot of times. I'm the only one who lost the part before SPY, with the presentation of every Super Junior member with ShinDong eating? It wasn't in my stream I guess, I don't know why. And someone said something about him on the bike, he's probably one of the few that knows how to drive one, the pink bike that was in one of the Girls Generation MV is its bike. The camera work on the performance was kinda terrible IMO, can't see anything from that distance, plus too much crowd reaction. I'm still concerned about the fact that he was missing from the first award that Super Junior recieved and that kinda weird position the next time is on camera again. There are some fancam after the end of the show and when Super Junior bow to the fans, is the only one that has only the head down. And in the conference after the show, he's basically not moving for the entire time and he's still not completely bowing to the journalists, plus fixed smile for 6 miutes... :( Maybe I'm overthinking as alwyas but I hope he doesn't have any problem with his back again (or even worse problems after the performance) and everything is ok.
@plz not Suju :(
k3cWC.jpg

Why the hate?

Well, that was a fun all nighter in the irc. Off to ktfo.....maybe

Well this year certainly had it's moments.. was a good night in irc regardless. Lost a couple to sleep and the production team gave us too many CUDDLER cuts
:p
but still, I'm looking forward to the year end shows (which I've usually preferred) in December

Stayed up all night to watch MAMA and it was worth it. bigbang, Psy, shinee, Exo, and Hyuna all had great performances!
Cuddler stole the show tho

Thanks kpopgaf, that was super fun
Yep, thank everyone on IRC, it was really fun, can't wait to see other big show with you guys. :)

Okay, so I know nothing about K-pop in general, but I had an SNSD Christmas video in my youtube recommendations, so I watched it. And then I watched the next one. And the next one. Some great English language covers and a lot of Christmas songs.

Those little red outfits...

o_O
Welcome!
Ah missed the MAMA's. Any performances I should look up?
The Super Junior performance was really awesome, especially the Mr Simple part between SPY and Sexy, Free & Single.
Just get the Cuddler cut, and scream a lot. it's about an hour long. That should pretty much cover / simulate the experience for you.

Cuddler cut?

People who fell asleep during the irc chat or wasn't there really missed out on the Cuddler meme :lol

It probably has something to do with SuJu's Shindong.
K-Pop GAF think of me every time they see ShinDong, lol.

Koenigg

Neo Member
I am pleasantly surprised by the song choices of the Kpop that they're playing on the IPL stream. Many more Kpop converts incoming methinks....

2San

I wonder if Amber had any say in the new direction or it was purely SME trying to feminize her more?
From what I've seen from her pre-debut pics she always had this boyish look going for her. Of course her own taste can change, so it's hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom