• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

JKTrix

Is it simply coincidence that suzy just tweeted this?

XXH9fu8.jpg
Amazing coincidence, lol

Hellix

Too noob to go into either of the relevant threads but Attack on Titan - what's considered 'best' - the anime or the manga? Where should I start? Haven't watched an anime series in years and years, never mind reading manga.

The anime is pretty well done. The season finale is Saturday, so you can pretty much watch it all then. If you like it, you could always pick up the manga where the anime will finish (probably chapter 34). It could be a year or two until a second season.

Pendulum

It's Idol Dating Week.

allkpop said:
...a new rumor that INFINITE's L is dating ulzzang Kim Do Yeon who is known for her statement of eating 1.2 tons of chocolate over the past 6 years on tvN's 'Martian Virus'.

The ulzzang recently tweeted,

"Are you watching? You're no longer a midget! Even though you're no longer a nobody, I will always be by your side and as I'm not going to change, I will demand an explanation if you, innocent as usual, go to one of those clubs or parties you dislike and I will be jealous if you hang out with another friend. However, we will always be together until the end of our lives. Let's never fight like we did yesterday. I love you."

While there seems to be no obvious connection to L if you read the translated message in English, there's a different story in Korean:

ㄴ.ㅓ 보고있나 더 이상 난쟁이 아닌 애!
보잘 것 없어져도 언제나 네 옆에 있어 줄거
고 난 변하지 않을거니까 항상 순수한 너라
파티나 클럽 같은 데 싫어해서 갔다오면 해
명시키고 다른 친구랑 놀면 질투도 하지만
수명이 다 할 때까진 쭉 우린 이어져 있을거
야. 어제처럼 다신 싸우지 말자. 사랑해

"ㄴ 보고파 명수야"

The hidden message in her Tweet if you take the first character that starts each line reads, "ㄴ(L) 보고파 명수야" which means "L, I miss you, Myungsoo" (Myungsoo being his legal name). As her Tweet is receiving a lot of attention, Kim Do Yeon explained, "I'm speaking to a friend," and then went on to remove the entire message. However, the Tweet was saved via a screenshot and is of course going viral on the internet.

Unsurprisingly, netizens have discovered pictures to support the possibility that they may be involved in a relationship, such as one picture of them wearing the same T-shirt and brand name wristwatch. Also, in the INFINITE album 'Thanks To,' L included the name 'Do Yeon' in his list of people whom he wishes to thank.

Of course this is all speculation and the connections between the two could be merely coincidence. However, it appears the netizens are doing their research and won't stop until they figure out what's going on!

default.jpg

yoo-ji-ahn_1380236298_infinite_l1.jpg

ramyeon

Gotta say I laughed at the spoofs of Korean horror movie scenes/tropes.

Can't really blame them for trying to capitalise on their sudden fame either. Let's see how far they can take it.

dokish

Banned
It's just me or at the 0:10 mark on the Yoora video, someone says 씨발아? lol

Yoona must be pretty dumb to be a Dongguk Student.

I can't find the exact post to quote Dice, but anyway...

You can work (part-time) with a student visa. But there is something about Korea that foreigners usually have a really hard time to understand: Here is a lawless place for a lot of things.

Even for normal korean highschoolers and college students, if they wanna work somewhere, there's no contract, it's only a verbal agreement. Like, you tell when you can work, and thats it. In the end of the month you get your paycheck. Westerners will probably think this is a easy way to get screwed up by your boss, but this just happen in here. The manager or whatever of McDonalds, Burguer King, coscometics shops, restaurants, etc just doesn't want any trouble. Its so much easier to just fucking pay and avoid problems, so you don't have people having problems with their party time job. Thats pretty good IMO, since you can make easy bucks.

If you ask how many part time jobs korean students have done, they will say thousands, and most of them not for any longer than 4 to 6 months, because once they get their money or tired of it, they quit or change. Most o them work for like 4 months from my experience.

EDIT: That new Dancing Queen MV... Oh my gosh... Way is just PERFECTION!

After watching episode 5 of WIN: Who Is Next, I can tell Taeyang is a great teacher of all things. His style of teaching is so much better than G-Dragon's.

Eldren

Thanks for the K-indie links, people. Some great stuff! I think out of all the music I've been listening to the last few days, my favourites are probably Can't Go On My Own and Shadow by BEAST.

For some reason, a lot of pics here aren't showing up for me. It's been happening for a while and it's really annoying eg. half of Pendulum's pics just aren't there; the quote boxes are empty. Is it a Chrome problem? I don't really know what else would be causing it. Can anyone help?

Trix, thanks for the history lesson! There was a lot of stuff I missed out on.

Luso, bless you for those glorious Sunny gifs on Tumblr. It's nice to see Sunny getting some love and I'm so glad she's growing her hair out and dyeing it a nice colour.

iivI750EHuLAU.gif

(If this falls under DNROG I'll delete it.)

Iku-Turso

Hi K-Pop Gaf, looong time lurker,

I hesitated for a long time before posting here because I don't really have anything to contribute, this thread being my only source of anything K-Pop.

But I feel like the least I can do is to say hello to everyone, I got so much entertainment from your posts and discovered so many things, hell I discovered K-pop thanks to you.

Before anyone asks :

- Taeyeon
- Sunny
- Yoona
- Yuri
- Tiffany
- Jessica
- Sooyoung
- Seohyun
- Hyoyeon

Top Bottom