• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

Yura
4BCL7ge.jpg
yr28eiP.jpg
V6iCfDJ.jpg
zhhcYXh.jpg
T5sqXKW.jpg
sD35ZHT.jpg
zcG2yZH.jpg
suvmh5d.jpg
WVcWqeD.jpg
gwKO2mN.jpg
YdQl5NY.jpg
DUTNZ9k.jpg
S9g86QB.jpg

Seulgi

Broduce is so messy. I lost the ability to care for a lot of the dudes. It feels like a lot of the trainees lack a lot self-awareness. According to what I read on Reddit this season is more popular in Korea. Don't ask me why. Some of the top trainees are also very questionable
looking at guanlin
. I enjoy watching it because I enjoy messy reality TV, and I appreciate the trainees that actually seem to realize that it's a 'game' too and play it like one.
My fave at this point is Daehwi, he started out as a tryhard by dominating the first episodes and getting negative comments for that, so he went 'fuck it' and stayed in the background just do to his thing. It seems to be working for him looking at rankings.
Then you have mnet trying to force their narrative by actively not showing the most popular trainee for some reason..? The one that got into 1st place by winking. Just weird.

llehuty

I just catched up with all the Broduce 101 eps released (watched 3 in a row, lol). And yeah, it doesn't have the same vibes than the first season. Not sure if it's because of them being male or because they know what a big deal the group coming out of this is going to be, but between the cheating and the cockyness of some of them, is kind of of putting.

I'm quite happy with the current rankings overall, there is some fodder in the top, and some people that really deserve to make it, but I think is part of the "game". I'm a bit worried with the lack of diversity, with potentially
3 from Pledis making it and 4 of Brand New Music
in the top 11,
that's a lot of power, and a single company could easily screw the final group if they feel like it.
Still, some eliminations on this episode that sucked a bit
the FNC guy was solid,
no idea why he didn't get a strong fanbase.

As for some people not having screen time, I think they are just boring? The merit based or equitative screen time dream is dead since the first episode, so it doesn't even phase me seeing some high rank contestants completely gone from the edit.

The original songs they are getting seem really good this time around (the girls on the first season got some really bad songs to work with), so we will at least get something out of this. Overall, I'm enjoying how organic te rankings are in this, with people jumping 20 places in one week and everything, I don't think we got plenty of that in the first season. In any case, the group is going to be even more popuar than I.O.I, which is kind of scary.

The ones I'm rooting for now are Nu'est, because they do deserve a second chance, the guy that was at #95 at one point, the one that dances Krump, Woodam and Ong. I'm indiferent to some of the guys making it or not, but please, get that Samuel brat out of my screen, he is so annoying and entitled... ugh.

Right, one thing that's enjoyable this season is definitely the rankings because every time it's a completely different top 11. Will be interesting to see the final moments.

With the Nu'est members I can't believe how they showed Dongho getting super pissed at his teammates when they brought up stuff in front of judges that they didn't discuss beforehand. That was some good TV. Jonghyun doing so well is awesome to see. I didn't expect him to be the member that excelled but he deserves it.

And oh wow Samuel is annoying to me too like damn. His reactions are too much. I forget the names of others that I liked. Next time I'll take notes.

llehuty

With the Nu'est members I can't believe how they showed Dongho getting super pissed at his teammates when they brought up stuff in front of judges that they didn't discuss beforehand. That was some good TV.

Yeah lmao, he is like a gangster or something in the show, not surprised that everyone shits bricks in front of him. Surprised he is not getting more backlash, although most of the times, the things he says are justified.

And yeah, I can't get half of the names, the samey hair styles of half of them and the top 11 changing dramatically doesn't help either.

With the Nu'est members I can't believe how they showed Dongho getting super pissed at his teammates when they brought up stuff in front of judges that they didn't discuss beforehand. That was some good TV. Jonghyun doing so well is awesome to see. I didn't expect him to be the member that excelled but he deserves it.

And oh wow Samuel is annoying to me too like damn. His reactions are too much. I forget the names of others that I liked. Next time I'll take notes.
Hes like a man surrounded by kids, it was funny when he beat an entire team in arm wrestling.
I hate Samuel too, good thing hes out of top 11.

Boss Mog

ez1Zyrb.jpg

Chungha looking gorgeous. Can't wait for the album.

In other I.O.I related happenings, did you guys see Dodaeng congratulating Somi on her debut with Unnies. Good stuff. Yoojung is such a awesome person, I'm thankful to her for constantly restoring my faith in humanity.

US2njO7.gif

Hope you guys watched Dodaeng's Diary in LA. If not please do so:
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP01 | Let's go LA !
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP02 | I'm a girl
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP03 | DDL on that beat
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP04 | Thumbs Up!
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP05 | Night Better Than Day
Dodaeng's Diary in LA EP06 | Goodbye LA

Boss Mog

Suddenly heard Witcher 3 music during new Running Man lol. Was confused for a second thinking it was coming from an open tab.

Korean variety shows use so much random music and sound effects from movies and games. I wonder if they actually have the rights to do so or just do it regardless because nobody will care or say anything to them.

Boss Mog

Happy Yoona day
Still the prettiest girl alive

Even though I want to It's really hard to argue against that statement.
yoong10.jpg

Only two months til SNSD's new album. I hope they won't pull a Sistar and disband right after, though I do fear it could happen. 2nd gen girl groups are dropping like flies sadly. No recent group with a high member-count can hold a candle to SNSD in terms of talent and visuals except maybe I.O.I but they're gone now.

Hi guys. Where would someone purchase a Kpop album in America? Amazon seems to have basically nothing and even Amazon Japan isn't exactly filled to the brim (not to mention digital stuff is region locked out).

Boss Mog

Hi guys. Where would someone purchase a Kpop album in America? Amazon seems to have basically nothing and even Amazon Japan isn't exactly filled to the brim (not to mention digital stuff is region locked out).

YesAsia.com is reputable, I've ordered from them and was always satisfied. There's also a lot of good sellers on eBay.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;238616340 said:
Only two months til SNSD's new album. I hope they won't pull a Sistar and disband right after, though I do fear it could happen. 2nd gen girl groups are dropping like flies sadly. No recent group with a high member-count can hold a candle to SNSD in terms of talent and visuals except maybe I.O.I but they're gone now.
That's some A+ level bait, congrats.

But you are wrong

Boss Mog

That's some A+ level bait, congrats.

But you are wrong

I forgot to put versatility in there. SNSD can do all concept types. And also member recognition and popularity. Everybody knows all the members of SNSD and all are very popular in their own right.

Sure there are recent groups with 8+ members that have some talented members and some visuals but I mean there's always some nugus mixed in and a lot of times their concepts don't change much. I.O.I's members were all super popular, and although they didn't release that many title tracks, the ones they did release all had different concepts: fun (Dream Girls), sexy, cool (Whatta Man), cute (Very, Very, Very) and ballad (Downpour).

Yes TWICE are all popular and have good visuals but talent wise they're no where near SNSD and I think it's why they don't really change concepts. I mean I think you'd be hard-pressed to pick two TWICE members that could pull off something like this. In I.O.I you can though.

This is just my opinion though and of course everybody is free to think what they want.

Pendulum

KBS is planning an idol audition show - "The Final 99 Match"
* 250 males and 250 females enter
* 9 males and 9 females exit
* Final group could be co-ed or single gender (I assume they'd make 2 groups in this instance)
* Current trainees not allowed to join - this is for people who have debuted but have not met success.

Let me just say now #FuckOffChanmi

---

edit: Idol Drama Operation Team episode 2 is out

Uhyve

Right, one thing that's enjoyable this season is definitely the rankings because every time it's a completely different top 11. Will be interesting to see the final moments.

I've only watched a few episodes but I'm already routing for the Nu'est guys, even though I've never really heard of them before. Kinda seemed like they got a bit screwed over in the first rankings to get everyone nervous.

And Pledis aswell, man, poor guys. Even if they got successful, they might've just disappeared.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;238621398 said:
I forgot to put versatility in there. SNSD can do all concept types. And also member recognition and popularity. Everybody knows all the members of SNSD and all are very popular in their own right.

Sure there are recent groups with 8+ members that have some talented members and some visuals but I mean there's always some nugus mixed in and a lot of times their concepts don't change much. I.O.I's members were all super popular, and although they didn't release that many title tracks, the ones they did release all had different concepts: fun (Dream Girls), sexy, cool (Whatta Man), cute (Very, Very, Very) and ballad (Downpour).

Yes TWICE are all popular and have good visuals but talent wise they're no where near SNSD and I think it's why they don't really change concepts. I mean I think you'd be hard-pressed to pick two TWICE members that could pull off something like this. In I.O.I you can though.

This is just my opinion though and of course everybody is free to think what they want.
These comparissons are dumb. Twice have been activa only for a year and a half, there was no diversity on SNSD's releases on that same period, and I don't think individual memebers were that popular back then? At least, not at Sana levels, which is impressive considering how competitive the market is nowadays.

And for talented, I don't think I've ever seen, even Taeyeon avatars, claiming that SNSD are talented. Sure you have Taeyeon Seohyun and Sunny and some good dancers, but that's it. Seriously, I like SNSD, but not because of how talented they are. It's mainly their personalities and music. I would be looking somewhere else for talented groups.

And the IOI case was very particular, can't be compared to anything (super group build from the top memebers from different companies, and limited to one year of activities).

In any case, if you are so worried about talent and versatility, stan Pristin and Oh My Girl, and stop worrying about Twice.

No No Eul

Soyul Withdraws From Crayon Pop, Agency Gives Update On Group’s Future

UEE Leaves After School + Shares Handwritten Letter With Fans In Light Of Departure

YesAsia and ebay for me too (and iTunes for digital).

Also plz stream LOOΠΔ 1/3's Sonatine.

BlockBerry said they'll release the MV for Rain 51dB if Sonatine hits 300k views lol.

Too busy streaming Eclipse, sorry. :p

Boss Mog

Let me just say now #FuckOffChanmi
Man that was pretty much the first thing that came to mind when I heard about this show
htm_201602237331133579_99_20160223101030.jpg

-----

[MV] 씨스타(SISTAR) - LONELY
I really like the song but I do wish they had ended things with something more uptempo. It's really sad to see such a talented group go, I wish the members all the best in their individual future endeavors. Thankfully we still have Neo Sistar
aka post 2013 Girl's Day

Boss Mog

Sure you have Taeyeon Seohyun and Sunny

Wow, such a Tiffany diss... but I get what you're saying I.O.I was exceptional because of how it came together. As for SNSD early concepts I wouldn't say they were really all the same. You can't really say ITNW is a cute concept like Kissing You was, that's just my feelings. And I do like Pristin, the best "remnants of I.O.I" groups so far, we'll have to see what Fantagio builds around Dodaeng though.

[MV] 씨스타(SISTAR) - LONELY

Great music video and solid song to end a seven year long journey. Sistar started out great, then had a couple of supremely shitty (but successful) years, before ending it with a strong 3-song streak. Farewell Sistar.

And for talented, I don't think I've ever seen, even Taeyeon avatars, claiming that SNSD are talented. Sure you have Taeyeon Seohyun and Sunny and some good dancers, but that's it. Seriously, I like SNSD, but not because of how talented they are. It's mainly their personalities and music. I would be looking somewhere else for talented groups.

LOL

Pendulum

So Long SISTAR, and Thanks for All the GIFs

(Seriously though, as I said before, solid discography (from YES to yuck) and they'll be leaving a hole in the market. Relax In Peace)

---

Boss★Moogle;238595757 said:
There's another episode, that falls into order just before the last episode, which is not on that YouTube channel or K-Con page (despite the last episode being called Ep 7 there).
Dodaeng's Diary - DDL Episode 6 - Shall We Dance?

---

Special Clip] Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) 'Good Night' 안무 교차편집 VER.

llehuty

Pls Star Empire, Plsssssssssssss.

I do think they would have announced she wasn't part of the group months ago to avoid backlash now if Sungah wouldn't be part of it, but maybe is just wishful thinking on my end.

Fuck, apparently Star Empire has announced that Sungah has left the group, so there is no need of the A from the subunit.

FCK YOU STAR EMPIRE, FUCK YOU!

I need Sungah to get on some variety or something, I need to keep seeing her 😭

reddit translation summary said:
Nine Muses A will no longer be used as a team name and they will go with just Nine Muses, even though the 4 members that will promote were in Nine Muses A.
AKA Kyungri, Hyemi, Sojin, Keumjo
Sungah recently started to DJ and study music.
After discussions, Star Empire said they'll support her personal activities.
Star Empire says please support Sungah in her new challenge, they'll do their best to release good news about her asap.

End of an era.

llehuty

Like WHYYYY, WHY would they keep her there for 2 years doing nothing, like ughhhh. Star Empiere is a piece of shit. Kill the group already!

2017 worst year for K-Pop confirmed.

How many groups have disbanded so far and how many members are leaving their groups?

It's kinda amazing to watch tbh.

Boss Mog

Bowlie

Banned
With Hello Venus, Suzy, Zion. T, BTS, K.A.R.D, EXID, Twice, Pristin, Loona, Bewhy, Dreamcatcher, and others I forgot, this has been an amazing year so far.

Companies have to do much worse to make me look at 2017 in a different way *knocks on wood*

Boss Mog

With Hello Venus, Suzy, Zion. T, BTS, K.A.R.D, EXID, Twice, Pristin, Loona, Bewhy, Dreamcatcher, and others I forgot, this has been an amazing year so far.

Companies have to do much worse to make me look at 2017 in a different way *knocks on wood*

I don't think this year will be better than 2016 honestly. I mean I could be wrong and the 2nd half of the year could be completely amazing. I'm eagerly awaiting Blackpink this month and SNSD later on.

Top Bottom