• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

We are losing already Wonder Girls and T-ara this year, shouldn't those sacrifices be enough for the kpop gods?

Also, when is SM debuting a new girl group? Or are they expecting Red Velvet to cover all the bases?

With Hello Venus, Suzy, Zion. T, BTS, K.A.R.D, EXID, Twice, Pristin, Loona, Bewhy, Dreamcatcher, and others I forgot, this has been an amazing year so far.

Companies have to do much worse to make me look at 2017 in a different way *knocks on wood*

You're not wrong but it seems like a lot of groups/acts keep dying left and right.

Did everybody sign contracts in 2010 or something? That honestly is the only legitimate reason I can think of.

Have some Kim Lip

Not gonna lie, if Sistar died so we can have Kim Lip and Chungha, I'm all for it.

I like Sana but I just can't help but feel that she's now just acting as a living breathing anime character. Like I'm fine with it but at the same time I'm kinda iffy about it.

Pendulum

Chungha B-cuts
LOQje5T.jpg

No No Eul

Like WHYYYY, WHY would they keep her there for 2 years doing nothing, like ughhhh. Star Empiere is a piece of shit. Kill the group already!

You have to wonder how much longer Star Empire plans to keep the group going. Jewelry lasted 14 years...

More WJSN "Happy Moment" teasers

Exy, Seola, Bona, Xuan Yi, Soobin, Dawon, Luda, Cheng Xiao, Eunseo, Mei Qi, Yoreum, Yeonjung, Dayoung

Pendulum's Xuan Yi bias confirmed. RIP Soobin.

Ayeon said:
WIoeHVG.jpg

Hey guys~~ my youtube channel got over 100k subscriptions and youtube awarded me with the silverbutton all thanks to you guys!!!
It is much prettier in real sight.... I'm not a good enough photographer to capture its beauty 😭
Maybe one day i'll get to one million viewers if i work harder😝 The gold button is next~~
I will be updating with new media soon, see you guys soon♥️♥️

RIP in peace TOP.

======

Also yeah that Elris debut is garbage.

======

Same thing for Hyoyeon tbh.

Her nasally and whiny rap voice is one of the worst things to ever enter my ears.

No No Eul

Boss★Moogle;238781553 said:

The nasal tone of voice during the rap segments. The chorus from a completely different song. What the heck happened here?

[Teaser] WJSN (Cosmic Girls)(우주소녀) _ HAPPY
Concept looks cute, but I'm getting a bit bored of this quirky kpop sound every nugu has been doing lately.

I'm hoping this'll turn out to be out to be a Russian Roulette or Rookie-esque earworm. Keeping my fingers crossed.

[MV] ELRIS(엘리스) _ We, First(우리 처음)
This is so WJSN sounding. Cute, but a waste for Sohee. I can't believe she just debuted 2 weeks ago with that mature R&B jam to just put her now in this cutesy thing. It makes no sense.

llehutybro pls, WJSN would never release something this generic. I agree it's a total waste of Sohee's abilities though.

Bowlie

Banned
Those gestures are so generic. Spotlight fooled me into having expectations.

Sohee said:
"We've trained together for three years, and I feel sorry for debuting first. My members supported me so much."

"I am fortunate enough to get to be in a group and also be a solo. I liked being a solo, but promoting with my members brings me more strength and so I have no worries."

Don't apologize, pls.

---

You're not wrong but it seems like a lot of groups/acts keep dying left and right.

Oh yeah, let's see which ones I remember

Spica, Wonder Girls, Sistar, Leessang, Crayon Pop may as well be dead since the others won't be singing anymore, T-ara has a termination date, wa$$up was cut in half; and these are only groups.

Kuno

Eldren

The live version of Wannabe sounds much better. For some reason they pitched her voice up in the studio version which makes it sound weird. The chorus is one of my favourite things this year, I love it, but the rest of the song doesn't do as much for me. It's growing on me though so maybe I'll come around to it.

Overall I think I prefer Mystery but I'm really happy for her because she's getting to do exactly what she wants to do after years of being shit on by people who claim to be fans of SNSD.

llehuty

I'm happy for Hyoyeon, although the song is definitely not my cup of tea, what the hell are those verses? Not a fan of San E either, but I reckon he is the only chance this song has of charting semi decently.

llehutybro pls, WJSN would never release something this generic. I agree it's a total waste of Sohee's abilities though.
I'm talking about the sound landscape rather than the quality of the song.

Boss★Moogle;238617573 said:
YesAsia.com is reputable, I've ordered from them and was always satisfied. There's also a lot of good sellers on eBay.

Tried these and no go. I've also tried just about every single site I can find, from obscure, probably a scam rackets to no feedback ebay sellers to reputable stores. Nothing.

I'm looking for Wild by 9muses. It's out of print. Does anyone have any idea where I could find this that will ship to America?

broz0rs

I'm curious about how YG will handle TOP's situation when he comes back. Will they bury him in the basement like what they did to Bom or give him some slack because he makes too much money for the company.

llehuty

Tried these and no go. I've also tried just about every single site I can find, from obscure, probably a scam rackets to no feedback ebay sellers to reputable stores. Nothing.

I'm looking for Wild by 9muses. It's out of print. Does anyone have any idea where I could find this that will ship to America?
That sucks. Fantastic taste BTW, that's a really solid single (it's not Sweet Rendezvous, but a close second in their discography).

I'm curious about how YG will handle TOP's situation when he comes back. Will they bury him in the basement like what they did to Bom or give him some slack because he makes too much money for the company.

I mean he is out for two years right while he does service? It will be forgotten long before then

czTlefm.jpg

Looks like joining the Church of Kim Lip was the right decision after all...

======

Also, how come nobody here hyped Laboum's Hwi Hwi?

I finally got Apple Music and it played on the K-Pop radio earlier and shit is catchy as fnck, I like it lol.

Is there a primer for them btw?

Boss Mog

No No Eul

I finally got Apple Music and it played on the K-Pop radio earlier and shit is catchy as fnck, I like it lol.

Is there a primer for them btw?

The response from the thread was a bit mixed and/or muted but a few people liked the song. This is pretty much everything that was said about it at release. I didn't think much of it at the time but it's totally grown on me since.

I'm not familiar enough with the group to do a primer. Aalow Aalow is a fantastic tune though. Fresh Adventure is pretty solid too.

As for the members, I'm only really aware of Solbin and Yulhee (but definitely not for the reasons you're thinking of you pervs).

Edit:

Gmarket might be worth a shot. I've never used it myself so I'm not sure how easy it is to deal with but as far as I'm aware, it's a reputable site. Perhaps others here can advise.

llehuty

[MV] SURAN(수란) _ 1+1=0 (Feat. DEAN)
It's just there. Sounds like an acoustic version of a song that could be fun, but IMO the instrumental is to stripped down to match the powerful vocals.

If it weren't for the times you reply to me, I would think I'm your ignore list or something.

I like everything about Laboum's release. That chorus is so infectious, and the verses are good, I like those question/reply type of sections with 2 members. Good good. Who is producing their stuff? I've been liking almost all their title tracks so far. Bless makestar.

LABOUM(라붐)- "Hwi hwi(휘휘)" Performance ver. M/V
This song is so damn good. Everything works like clockwork. The choreo is a bit basic, but they are really hitting it hard in the live stages but it can barely be seen in this version (not a fan of this dance versions with close ups and so many cuts).

LABOUM with their first music show win!!!
Damn, Solbi breaking down HARD. I'm so happy for them.
I find it also weird, because they are quite hyped in asianjunkie.

And you can't go wrong with almost any of their singles. My less favourites are their 2015 tracks (Allow Allow and Sugar Sugar), which I guess are cute throwbacks in the line of Lion Heart and that stuff, so check them out if you are into that.

The rest of their single are really good and quite varied, with my favourites being What About You, Fresh Adventure and Shooting Love. Shooting Love is IMO the pinnacle of the quirky pop in the vein of Red Velvet Red releases.

I quite like that they switch it up frequently and don't stick to one sound.

I feel like you are going come here in a couple of months saying "woah guys, why has nobody told me about Dreamcatcher? They are really good." :p

Idk how people are sleeping on Gugudan's "A Girl Like Me" coz that shit is a legitimate banger. It's definitely one of my faves in 2017.

Thanks for the primer! Will take a look at it when I get home from work.

Lmao idk how Laboum slipped under my radar. I click almost every link that I see especially if it's nugus.

As for Dreamcatcher, I think that happened already when Good Night came out haha.

=======

As for Suran's release... I love it.

Suran kicking off the summer with a groovy banger... hopefully everyone steps up and drops the good shit since Sistar(RIP in peace) is dead.

llehuty

+ a big album with some really good behind the scene pics that look better than the mai promo pics.

They look great, even Qri looks good. Also, long hair Eunjung is GOAT. Can't figure out from the outfits if we are getting ballad, slow jam or banger.

Idk how people are sleeping on Gugudan's "A Girl Like Me" coz that shit is a legitimate banger. It's definitely one of my faves in 2017.

Not a fan, it sounds too derivative. I would probably had another opinion of it had it been their debut. (Or released one year earlier).

Edit: Monsta X doing a "tour" in Europe, for anyone interested.
August 9 - Paris (L’ OLYMPIA)
August 11 - Berlin (TEMPODROM)
August 13 - Moscow (STADIUM LIVE CLUB)

Even though I love Soyeon (and I guess Boram), T-ara actually looks really cohesive with these 4 members. It doesn't look like they're phoning it in for these last promos. Some of the outfits at least seem to hint that it's more than just a ballad.

flyover

Boss★Moogle;238910613 said:
I relistened to it recently too and it's a lot better than I remembered. The same with Gugudan's "A Girl Like Me".
I don't know if they're my absolute favorite songs of the year so far, but they're the two I'm always in the mood to hear when they show up on the radio or in a playlist.

llehuty

Today's Broduce 101 episode featured the concept performances (aka, the original songs). (Only spoilers are knowing the final lineup of each group after the cut and readjustments):

Never
Knock
Showtime
Oh little girl
I know you know

The standouts are Never and Knock.

Never is fantastic, how the hell did Hyuna pass on this? (I don't believe for a second that Triple H produced it for the show). It does help that the guys of this subunit brought their A game. The main vocalist is legit, and he is an independent trainee, will be interesting to see which big company ends up signing him.

Knock is also good, but sounds like something out of the latest Nu'est mini (reinforced by Dongh doing the main vocals).

The rest of the songs are decent, but not my cup of tea, "I know you know" is kind of a trainwreck with all the bottom tier rankings on it.

Even though I love Soyeon (and I guess Boram),
lmao

Today's Broduce 101 episode featured the concept performances (aka, the original songs). (Only spoilers are knowing the final lineup of each group after the cut and readjustments):

Never
Knock
Showtime
Oh little girl
I know you know

The standouts are Never and Knock.

Never is fantastic, how the hell did Hyuna pass on this? (I don't believe for a second that Triple H produced it for the show). It does help that the guys of this subunit brought their A game. The main vocalist is legit, and he is an independent trainee, will be interesting to see which big company ends up signing him.

Knock is also good, but sounds like something out of the latest Nu'est mini (reinforced by Dongh doing the main vocals).

The rest of the songs are decent, but not my cup of tea, "I know you know" is kind of a trainwreck with all the bottom tier rankings on it.

Never is amazinger. Absolutely the standout track. Minus the rappers (besides Jonghyun) it's also a pretty good group. God that one note the main vocal did is the Yeonjung moment of the season. So beautiful.

Knock is nice too. It's elevated by Dongho's voice, which does just make it sound like a Nu'est track from one of their albums last year. Bless Daniel on that stage though, he looks so good. Kenta too, but he was barely shown.

The other tracks are indeed meh. Not very memorable songs nor groups. Like last year we had a song like Fingertips at least elevated by some OP girls.

Poor little Moonbok, started out as the memeboi and now he's barely there. I kinda wanted them to play his storyline out a bit more, but it looks like they've given up in favor of others.

Kim Jaehwan (main vocal in Never), Kenta, Daehwi, Kim Yongguk (the sob-story in ep6 got me), Jung Sewoon (guitar kid) and then Nu'est guys Minhyun and Jonghyun are probably my faves that I would like to see in the final group.

havokex

They look great, even Qri looks good. Also, long hair Eunjung is GOAT. Can't figure out from the outfits if we are getting ballad, slow jam or banger.

I'm so glad they're letting her keep the long hair. Always liked her better with long hair than short.

Top Bottom