• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

I don't get how TOP gets with some unknown trainee.

Like if I was in his position why the fuck would I be banging some no-name trainee?

Fuck that, I'd be like Tiger Woods sliding DM's to them Instagram models left and right(minus the drunk driving charge of course).

It absolutely makes no sense to me how he got involved with her.

On the other hand, I can't wait to read her tell-all book of the industry lol.

Not a fan, it sounds too derivative. I would probably had another opinion of it had it been their debut. (Or released one year earlier).

Derivative?

I disagree. In terms of music, the only other song I can kinda draw a similarity to it is IOI's Very Very Very with the drum n bass beat.

And right when it came out I don't really remember any major competition besides Dreamcatcher and Pristin(in terms of nugu releases at least coz Twice and Girls' Day comebacks happened in the same time frame).

Idk I guess lol. It's been a few months and A Girl Like Me is still a wildly enjoyable track imo, I wouldn't put it in the top 10 but definitely close to it.

I don't know if they're my absolute favorite songs of the year so far, but they're the two I'm always in the mood to hear when they show up on the radio or in a playlist.

Yeah, the whistling in Hwi Hwi is like a magical earworm while the consistent driving bass and high energy in AGLM just gets me hyped up lol.

It is her lol.

llehuty

Derivative?

I disagree. In terms of music, the only other song I can kinda draw a similarity to it is IOI's Very Very Very with the drum n bass beat.
I don't know, this quirky fast paced kpop has been there for a while, not only with IOI, Laboum's Shooting love, Unicorn's Blink Blink and to a certain extent, some Red Velvet singles and OMG Liar Liar (although these go normally more with brassy instrumentation rather than EDM, but I get similar vibes). I'm sure there is more from other nugus...

Maybe I just listen to too many nugus? I also think that Gugudan's is the worst of the bunch, the instrumental is exciting, but kind of one note? I think is the pre-chorus, that doesn't change the pace enough to make the chorus pop more, feels like another verse.

Loci

Like if I was in his position why the fuck would I be banging some no-name trainee?

Fuck that, I'd be like Tiger Woods sliding DM's to them Instagram models left and right(minus the drunk driving charge of course).

What has fame to do with quality of company? Nothing.
She's pretty enough for him to be 'banging her'

Pendulum

Dream concert is live now.
Is it streamed?
Yeah,got a youtube link, but it's down now. Search on twitter. (Not sure if it's still on)

This reddit thread is adding links to performances (not complete at this time)

---

청하(CHUNG HA) - 1st Mini Album [HANDS ON ME] Highlight Medley
[Special Clips] 청하 "HANDSOME" 예고편

---

Fantagio is confirming its new girl group members via V Live (they introduced 8 candidates a little while back and it seems like 1 of them didn't make the group and instead there's a different 8th trainee) . 4 members confirmed, with the other 4 tomorrow. Like Pristin, a bunch of stage names have been given out (Yoojung won't have one, and likely Doyeon won't either).
Yoojung - Yoojung
Seojung (forehead girl) - SAY (세이)
Sookyung - Lua (루아)
Haerim - Elly (엘리)
Fantagio also asked fans to submit group name ideas but c'mon this has to be an effort at fan engagement because how can you be debuting a group next month that includes 2 of the most popular trainees of the past 1.5 years and not be prepared enough to even get that far?
Right now M&H is giving me more confidence with Chungha than Fantagio who already have groups under their belt.

Loci

Sana
J1Bt8C5.jpg
21eqppm.jpg
nXufbO6.jpg

ztRoeuu.jpg
i65MUCP.jpg

m6a343r.jpg
OmjPi9V.jpg
nvm, Tzuyu:

I'm still kinda obsessed with Lovelyz' Now, We. I feel the promotions for this were really short, but the song is so good and it suits them so well. My favourite part is how after the first 30 seconds Kei steps into the center and stays there for the rest of the song.

Gintamen

Fantagio is confirming its new girl group members via V Live (they introduced 8 candidates a little while back and it seems like 1 of them didn't make the group and instead there's a different 8th trainee) . 4 members confirmed, with the other 4 tomorrow. Like Pristin, a bunch of stage names have been given out (Yoojung won't have one, and likely Doyeon won't either).
Yoojung - Yoojung
Sookyung - Lua (루아)
Haerim - Elly (엘리)
Fantagio also asked fans to submit group name ideas but c'mon this has to be an effort at fan engagement because how can you be debuting a group next month that includes 2 of the most popular trainees of the past 1.5 years and not be prepared enough to even get that far?
Right now M&H is giving me more confidence with Chungha than Fantagio who already have groups under their belt.
They could just be faking that to increase the fan involvement and create some buzz. Not like I care, just happy with the first couple members, let's see what tmr and the other 4 bring to light. Lua looks like Kim So-hye, especially during the group shots at the end.

Doul

Neo Member
Ok I caught up with produce 101 season and I have to say it's entertaining. I really root for Dong Ho since I liked him back when Nu'est debuted. Looks like he made it to top 11 if it stays that way until the end I'm going to have a party.

Also really hyped for WJSN comeback, sounds good!!

@Ilehuty I admire you for keeping up with Nine Muses, I used to stan them really hard back when Sera was still there. When she left I decided this group was dead to me and I thank myself for taking that decision everytime I hear about them (mostly from you). It looks like such a trainwreck nowadays. We agree on Sweet Rendez-Vous, it's one of the few physical albums I own.

broz0rs

21 year old, good looking, washed up trainee. that's a perfect type for getting booked by one of TOP's acquaintances. more points for her given that she smokes weed

No No Eul

[STATION] UV X 신동_Marry Man_Music Video

The song is whatever but I love the outfits, especially when they're doing that synchronized running thing.

And another.

WJSN (who have to make 2 rows)

Your faves could never be so numerous. Watch in amazement as they valmorphanize from one row to two.

Why do the stylists hate Mei Qi so much though? Everyone else looks pretty fantastic.

Pendulum

Yoojung - Yoojung
Sookyung - Lua (루아)
Haerim - Elly (엘리)

Remaining 4 members confirmed:
Doyeon - Doyeon
Hyojung - Lucy
Soeun - Lina/Rina
Sooyeon - Sooyeon (unrevealed trainee)

Boss Mog

Remaining 4 members confirmed:
Doyeon - Doyeon
Hyojung - Lucy
Soeun - Lina/Rina
Sooyeon - Sooyeon (unrevealed trainee)

Can't this be Yoojung's new full-time group instead?

Seriously though, she is such a good dancer and rapper. I hope she'll get to rap in this new fantagio group. I'm so afraid it'll end up like "Very, Very, Very" where there'll be members who can't sing and they'll have to do the rap instead of Yoojung. I can picture some god-awful Bora-style rapping, aka just talking. I just so want Yoojung to be happy in a good group that puts out quality music that showcases her talent. She deserves that much.

PS: I love Bora #ThankYouSistar

llehuty

T-ara - What's my name? (Teaser)
Meh, expected something punchier. These groups disbandments are being so predictable with the melancholic sound... At least this has EDM, but what's the point if it's going to have zero punch to it?

I wonder why they had all those fierce looks from the BTS.

Pendulum

Yes CCM, we know Soyeon and Boram didn't sign (pencils) the contracts (paper in bottles)

---

Black Pink filming MV this week (only 1?) and comeback could be as early as middle as this month (lol)

havokex

Hey KPOPGAF,

So I'm planning to make a stop in Seoul for a week after my trip to Japan (Sept 21 - 27). What's the best district that I should be looking for a place to stay in?

Would prefer something central-ish in Seoul so that I can get to other places fairly easily. Planning on just doing tourist things visit places, night market, a club and some bars at night.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Also, anyone interested in meeting up?

Loci

Hey KPOPGAF,

So I'm planning to make a stop in Seoul for a week after my trip to Japan (Sept 21 - 27). What's the best district that I should be looking for a place to stay in?

Would prefer something central-ish in Seoul so that I can get to other places fairly easily. Planning on just doing tourist things visit places, night market, a club and some bars at night.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Also, anyone interested in meeting up?

Check for places around Hongdae 홍대 or Sinchon 신촌. They have the 'hip' places with night life, even though only freshmen frequent there tbqh. It is really close to the Hapjeong/Mangwon area tho, which is actually the new 'hip' place to go and properly exactly what you're looking for. It's connected to Line 2 (green),too which is the most important subway line.
Another spot would be around Seoul Station. There are plenty of accommodations available and it's in the middle of the city.
If you have any questions hit me up

Peru

Lolz E-young of After School underutilization fame debuts as composer today with a OST song written for Raina. Nothing special I guess but not worse than your average OST ballad. Finally gets to do what she should have been doing though.

Doul

Neo Member
Idol Drama Operation Team 4-1 and 4-2

I'm a bit disappointed.
I hoped their story would be more of a down-to-earth drama about the struggles of idols, but instead it looks like they are going for a bunch of non-sensical love stories. And the characters they described seem generic and one-sided to me.
I'm still waiting to see how it will turn out but it doesn't look good so far in my opinion.

havokex

Check for places around Hongdae 홍대 or Sinchon 신촌. They have the 'hip' places with night life, even though only freshmen frequent there tbqh. It is really close to the Hapjeong/Mangwon area tho, which is actually the new 'hip' place to go and properly exactly what you're looking for. It's connected to Line 2 (green),too which is the most important subway line.
Another spot would be around Seoul Station. There are plenty of accommodations available and it's in the middle of the city.
If you have any questions hit me up

Awesome thanks. Will definitely hit you up later on as I start planning more of the Seoul leg of my trip!

Broank

I'm a bit disappointed.
I hoped their story would be more of a down-to-earth drama about the struggles of idols, but instead it looks like they are going for a bunch of non-sensical love stories. And the characters they described seem generic and one-sided to me.
I'm still waiting to see how it will turn out but it doesn't look good so far in my opinion.

I mean of course the drama will be bad. lol I'm just hoping for some good inter-group interactions and maybe a TV performance or two.

Here's a fancam of D.ana and YooA being cute backstage during Dream Concert.

Meh not surprised. All these scandals do it show us how normal people are lol. Would not doubt if there was a big sweeping "test everyone" drug month in Korea's media 80% of our idols would be charged haha.

Meh TOP was my favorite male idol, guess its time to start looking into... Chinese pop? haha nah

Loci

Yeah, TOP indeed is a pretty cool guy.
It's only weed, so in my book he's fine considering weed is already legal in some western countries. Korean law obviously sees this differently.
He must be under hella pressure tho, I hope he didn't try to kill himself with meds or some shit.

Chungha for new page.

Top Bottom