• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
buhdeh said:
MBDTF was ok but I enjoyed CD and LR way more. Might get flamed for this but I consider those 2 albums classics (or at least College Dropout). I can listen to every track on that album and not feel the urge to skip a single one.

ALso, I absolutely hate Otis. What a horrid song to pick as a single

I consider College Dropout a classic. Late Registration is almost there, but still great. MBDTF was okay for what it was, but it doesn't even come close to being his best. I honestly rather listen to 808's than MBDTF.

nns3d

buhdeh said:
MBDTF was ok but I enjoyed CD and LR way more. Might get flamed for this but I consider those 2 albums classics (or at least College Dropout). I can listen to every track on that album and not feel the urge to skip a single one.

ALso, I absolutely hate Otis. What a horrid song to pick as a single

Nope not at all. There are people who consider Kanye's first 2 LP's classics (I do).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ReconYoda said:
I have already voiced my opinions on this, but ill try to keep it brief. It isnt me wanting the same content or subjects, its literally his sound i want back. That vibe he had back then. Where he could be funny without coming off really forced or cheesy. Plus his productions was so much better back then. I dont care what he wants to rap about.

just wait till he hits his midlife crisis...it'll be amazing.

ijAEzy.gif

kamspy

Tokubetsu said:
Pretty sure it's gonna be lift off. They were location scouting in NY like two weeks ago for it or so a bunch of sites were saying. Still don't understand the hate for Lift Off when New Day and Made In America are worse offenders.

It's gonna click one day.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rimfya said:
Need a gif of the dude in a suit doing the most awkward air guitar I've ever seen in a rap video.
I didn't see any air guitar, but i got this...

BobDylan said:
best part of otis video is 1:39 with RAAAAAAAANDY

ij5Bm2.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
hmm something ain't right about this album

Jay ain't been the same since Cam exposed him

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
cacophony said:
that mindset is so annoying. Artists change and evolve. No musician wants to do the same shit over and over.

Amen brother, give me something new and something great, WTT and MBDTF have produced that, Ye's evolving sorry he's not rehashing everything, haters gonna hate and daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn at that model pretty ace

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
Amen brother, give me something new and something great, WTT and MBDTF have produced that, Ye's evolving sorry he's not rehashing everything, haters gonna hate and daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn at that model pretty ace

You are thick in the skull.

Kaizer

Banned
Otis video is real dope, loving all the gifs on tumblr. I'm gonna have to no-sign on the model though, too thin for me.

So it's been almost about a week since WTT released, what's the main song that's sticking in everyone's minds? I personally can't get "Who's Gon Stop Me" out of my head.

Recon

Banned
Kaizer said:
Otis video is real dope, loving all the gifs on tumblr. I'm gonna have to no-sign on the model though, too thin for me.

So it's been almost about a week since WTT released, what's the main song that's sticking in everyone's minds? I personally can't get "Who's Gon Stop Me" out of my head.

Murder To Excellence is by far my favorite. That and Primetime.

nns3d

Kaizer said:

Murder to Excellence is the anthem.

I wasn't really planning on liking it (most mainstream rap music/videos turn me off).

But I actually really like the video for its simplicity. A definite old school vibe. It was nice not having "bling" or Vgirls thrown in my face every few second, which allows you to just focus on the actual artists. Looks like they had fun.

The song itself was solid albeit the lyrics were a bit tired. It's a definite improvement from the generic auto-tuned hiphop that's currently on the radio.

EDIT: Btw, the last few pages make Safari cry.

Recon

Banned
The Chosen One said:
I wasn't really planning on liking it (most mainstream rap music/videos turn me off).

But I actually really like the video for its simplicity. A definite old school vibe. It was nice not having "bling" or Vgirls thrown in my face every few second, which allows you to just focus on the actual artists. Looks like they had fun.

The song itself was solid albeit the lyrics were a bit tired. It's a definite improvement from the generic auto-tuned hiphop that's currently on the radio.

EDIT: Btw, the last few pages make Safari cry.

Agreed, i really need to switch to chrome.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ReconYoda said:
I am a very happy person with a low tolerance for idiots and bad music.

:lol :lol so thinking MBTWF and WTT are great albums makes you an idiot with bad music taste? So bitter, if you have friends they must think you're a pretentious prick.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
polyh3dron said:
what the hell is that

gah

she probably looks better with clothes on i guess
its like if you were stranded on a strange island with her, the first thing you would do is break her legs, then rub them together to start a fire.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wanda/Wander said:
?

Explain.

you don't remember the great Dipset vs. old NY rap war?

2001-2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdaEQpCjaVQ&t=2m27s

that's just a sample

Cam went at Jay-Z a few times

Jay-Z responded twice.

Repercussions: it basically broke up the Rocafella crew into 2 sides. Dame sided with Cam. Kanye was neutral doing beats for both sides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjVGft5wqSc
Dipset won the war but couldn't stay together enough to capitalize after Cam went after 50.

if you were referring to the album...It wasn't a track where Jay spazzed out. Until The Black Album, every album had a good intro track where Jay would black out on to set the mood of the album. This album has a bunch of singing shit. I don't hold it against Jay tho since technically this isn't an official Jay-Z album. I think of this as a Best Of Both Worlds part 2.

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
:lol :lol so thinking MBTWF and WTT are great albums makes you an idiot with bad music taste? So bitter, if you have friends they must think you're a pretentious prick.

My friends come to me for hip hop suggestions. Plus, its not pretentious to think that MBDTF is a overproduced mess that was wasn't even mixed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom