• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER IS DEAD |OT| LOVE AND KILL

Heh, yeah as soon as I beat it,
I played and played until I had enough money for Ulti-Mondo. Now after unlocking that, I'm up to 13 million and wondering if I should just buy the wire arm, or start saving the the ultra high end jazz.

Choices, choices...

heh, I know the feeling.
What's the best way to make money btw?

Episode 11 (?) nets you 1.5 million in about 2 minutes of gameplay on normal. As for crystal and blood grinding, I'm not too terribly sure.

Edit:

Im pretty sure it's 11. It's the one where you finally kill dream lady. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I just caused a glitch to happen.

So I played the mission with the headphones icon & beat it with only a second to spare, but then "restart mission" & "return to office" are on the screen while the results are tallying up. Then I hit B & then it's still there after telling me a new gift was unlocked. & now I think it's in an endless loading screen limbo.

Pressed the Xbox button & went to Home, then started the game again. Says I cleared the mission. Cool, but weird.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm LOATHING this maze in Episode 51.

Gun Animal

Story-wise, when should I play episode 51? does it matter?

The thing is that that's a good thing.
image.php

My man. I'd love to see a thread sometime specifically about games with elements of art-house/pure cinema.

Just purchased
Wire Arm. It reduces your rewards further. I'm willing to bet they stack.

Edit:

Only cosmetic difference is a blue aura that twists around musselback.

somato

Edit: Holy crap, I'm LOATHING this maze in Episode 51.

Yeah... definitely one of the very few things so far that I have not enjoyed. Also, the wine side mission takes place in the same maze. I think I was lost in there for at least a good 10 minutes. :(

Arklite

Do Sub missions and Scarlett's challenges remain unlocked after finishing or do they have to be unlocked again?

nOoblet16

Can someone explain this game to me? I find this to be the weirdest Suda game ever. Nothing in here makes sense and it seems like Suda incorporated every bit of random ideas he had to make a game. On the surface it's just an assassin carrying out hits, kind of like No More Heroes but then you have these women who pop up in missions and then you can go and meet them etc etc...I mean wtf is going on lol?

So far I'm up to chapter four and it doesn't seem as interesting as Killer7 nor is it funny like No More Heroes. The combat is good, I suppose. Furthermore hardly anything in the soundtrack sounds very memorable like Shadows of the Damned, but we'll see.

Astarte

Can someone explain this game to me? I find this to be the weirdest Suda game ever. Nothing in here makes sense and it seems like Suda incorporated every bit of random ideas he had to make a game. On the surface it's just an assassin carrying out hits, kind of like No More Heroes but then you have these women who pop up in missions and then you can go and meet them etc etc...I mean wtf is going on lol?

Definitely not Suda's weirdest game ever, not by a long shot. A lot of questions are explained at the end, with only a few tidbits left unexplained.

Gun Animal

Can someone explain this game to me?

It's mystical and esoteric, with an inherent selling point being it's indecipherability.

[/QUOTE]On the surface it's just an assassin carrying out hits, kind of like No More Heroes but then you have these women who pop up in missions and then you can go and meet them etc etc...I mean wtf is going on lol?[/QUOTE]

Is that really the weirdest part to you?

nOoblet16

Is that really the weirdest part to you?
No, what I wanted to sat was that everything in this game is so random and it feels like Suda had lots of ideas and used them all no matter how irrelevant/disjointed they are to each other. like
the story seems to be mainly about Moon River and David, but up until this point (ie. where I am right now) in the game it has barely been addressed after the moon mission was done.

Astarte

No, what I wanted to sat was that everything in this game is so random and it feels like Suda had lots of ideas and used them all no matter how irrelevant/disjointed they are to each other. like
the story seems to be mainly about Moon River and David, but up until this point (ie. where I am right now) in the game it has barely been addressed after the moon mission was done.

Play through the game, receive answers. Try to piece things together, like a tapestry.

Dereck

When you hold the RT for a kill, what is the purpose of holding the RT button down for longer instead of for a few seconds?

Andrew.

Banned
When you hold the RT for a kill, what is the purpose of holding the RT button down for longer instead of for a few seconds?

Well if you hold it down it gives you time to choose something specifically to target. It's good for weeding out enemies that can give you a hard time in a group. Thing is, it also drains BLOOD at the same time.

Maxing out your roses (A. Bursts) makes me look forward to every battle. 10 burst kills? Thats insane. They need a time attack mode for Episodes.

Andrew.

Banned
so i just fought
Alice....

Now id like to know what goes on in suda's mind to come up with this stuff.

That fight has some great music.

Also, Big Bo from Binary Domain plays Bryan. I knew I recognized that actors' voice, but damn at the character design similarity.

Andrew.

Banned
Earning money is not fun and it takes ages...
I just want to buy the costumes I unlocked but come on, 25.000.000 ?

Are you replaying on Very Hard? I just want the 25 mil for the Wire and Ulti and Im already at 14 on Ep. 9. If it takes me half of my Normal run to reach it (which I need for the trophy anyway) so be it.

Also Im betting Ep. 51 probably gives you bank on Very Hard considering I was making over a million on it on Hard.

Game is too awesome.

Are you replaying on Very Hard? I just want the 25 mil for the Wire and Ulti and Im already at 14 on Ep. 9. If it takes me half of my Normal run to reach it (which I need for the trophy anyway) so be it.

Also Im betting Ep. 51 probably gives you bank on Very Hard considering I was making over a million on it on Hard.

Game is too awesome.

Thanks, I'll try it on very hard then. I'm replaying on "hard" right now.

Andrew.

Banned
Thanks, I'll try it on very hard then. I'm replaying on "hard" right now.

How are you doing on maxing stuff out? Ive got everything complete except the Charge Beam and right now its looking to cost me over 1600 crystals. That will take longer than 25 million bucks.

Maxing out Spiral Finish is insane. You hold that square/B button down and the sword glows yellow, you leap into the air, everything goes black and white and then you slam down and shake the ground blowing away everyone around you.

Andrew.

Banned
OK thanks

Regenerating health is a huge blessing

Dude when healing is maxed to lvl3, you can lightly squeeze the trigger and youll gain back like 4 diamonds without even losing a rose. It helps immensley

"By the way, do you think this game is ethical?"

"It's none of my business. I just execute the jobs given to me."

=D

How are you doing on maxing stuff out? Ive got everything complete except the Charge Beam and right now its looking to cost me over 1600 crystals. That will take longer than 25 million bucks.

Maxing out Spiral Finish is insane. You hold that square/B button down and the sword glows yellow, you leap into the air, everything goes black and white and then you slam down and shake the ground blowing away everyone around you.

Really? That's funny because I have no problems maxing out my stuff ^^
I still need to upgrade my Charge Cannon, Neo Drill and Freeze Shooter Ultimate though.

Andrew.

Banned
Really? That's funny because I have no problems maxing out my stuff.

Oh neither do I. Im just saying that 1600+ for maxing the Charge shot is gonna take longer than collecting cash. I never use that weapon either =/

Everything else is maxed. Everything was maxed out after my first run thanks to Ep. 51

Oh neither do I. Im just saying that 1600+ for maxing the Charge shot is gonna take longer than collecting cash. I never use that weapon either =/

Everything else is maxed. Everything was maxed out after my first run thanks to Ep. 51

Ah, I see :)
I just found out how to get to the second Scarlet in Episode 3. This game is so much fun!

The challenges also really force you to explore the combat system. I'm more comfortable and better at the combat after I beat each challenge.

Also I've noticed I get Final Judgement prompts above level 30, could be 35. I'm playing on normal though.

Andrew.

Banned
Finally managed to bed Scarlett all the way through. You need three full syringes of 1000 guts to do it.

All ladies complete.

Sometimes I don't get it. I did everything required for AAA-Rank in Episode 7
Meet Scarlet 3 times; don't die
. At the end I got rank "B"
hmm..what?

Is anyone gonna start a story discussion thread? I wasn't pleased with it but I'd very much like to understand it. I have so many details in my head that I want to talk to people about.

Andrew.

Banned
Is anyone gonna start a story discussion thread? I wasn't pleased with it but I'd very much like to understand it. I have so many details in my head that I want to talk to people about.

I wanted to start a spoiler discussion thread because my head is so full of fuck, but if you wanna do it go for it brah.

My feelings on the story are gonna be one big rambling garbled mess at this point anyway.

From videos the PS3 version had eye rending screen tearing, is the 360 version any better?

There is screen tearing but I honestly don't have an issue with it. Framerate is solid, I haven't noticed any drops at all and I'm concentrating on the action that the tearing becomes irrelevant.

Andrew.

Banned
Did anyone else find Juliet in Episode 51? It's a nice, quick and cool little cameo but man I expected some sort of monetary bonus for finding her.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did anyone else find Juliet in Episode 51? It's a nice, quick and cool little cameo but man I expected some sort of monetary bonus for finding her.
So that's where she was? Damn, looks like I'll have to replay it to find her. Any tips on which section of the stage she was hidden?

Andrew.

Banned
So that's where she was? Damn, looks like I'll have to replay it to find her. Any tips on which section of the stage she was hidden?

You can find her after Bryan comes around to help you blast away the bats. Shes in a previous room that becomes unlocked not too far behind you.

Edit: Its only 1200 crystals to maximize the charge cannon. Both arms complete!

Top Bottom