• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER IS DEAD |OT| LOVE AND KILL

Cheddahz

Banned
The launch edition details are included in the info for the PS3 version, but not the 360 version of the game on Amazon....maybe they don't have any more Launch Editions of the 360 version :/

dubq

I'm so glad to see so many people enjoying this game here after reading all of the game "journalists" shit all over it.

what's the point of the nurse missions and the "guts" she gives you?

Also, what should I be aiming to level up and what skills should I purchase/upgrade?

what's the point of the nurse missions and the "guts" she gives you?

Also, what should I be aiming to level up and what skills should I purchase/upgrade?

It's a gigolo mission :p

I would upgrade the sword, health regenreration and the normal gun (forgot the name) at first

edit: OMG I just realized that you can combine Ulti-Mondo with Dark booster ....I never thought about that

Gbraga

Is it really supposed to be easy on hard? It's not the hardest thing ever, but I'm at the chapter 3 boss fight and I think the game is pretty challenging.

It's a gigolo mission :p

I would upgrade the sword, health regenreration and the normal gun (forgot the name) at first

edit: OMG I just realized that you can combine Ulti-Mondo with Dark booster ....I never thought about that

So by that you mean you gotta just do all the mini-missions to "win her over" by accumulating guts or something to that effect?

Ok either this boss fight is really hard or I suck

Which one?

Edit:

Two posts up. -_- sorry about that!

Edit;

Always shoot when enemies are on the wall or ceiling. Always remember to save enough blood for Adreneline Rush (Hold R1 press Square) after you drain one of the 3 lifebars to end that segment of the fight. I feel safest with "1 flower of blood". Always kill the little bug dudes first. Also, dodge. Dodge like hell. And try to keep your combo high, you do more damage. You know you're doing well when your strikes start turning blue and eventually Mondo starts flipping around with blue fire trails coming from his sword.

So by that you mean you gotta just do all the mini-missions to "win her over" by accumulating guts or something to that effect?

Exactly. You have to earn 1000 "guts" to win her over. Three times to get the "complete scene" You also get
gigolo glasses

Ok either this boss fight is really hard or I suck

The boss in Episode 3 is the weakest of all bosses in KID imo :D
Maybe you should play on normal?^^
dodge move is important ;)

Gbraga

I'm dodging like crazy :(

I gave up and decided to look it up on youtube, and I found a guy playing on very hard and doing exactly the same thing as me, but actually getting hit more, and he managed to beat him. Maybe I should have spend money on health upgrades?

Or maybe I should use the revive thing, I just feel like shit using itens and continues in action games, I'd rather restart checkpoint >_>

I'm dodging like crazy :(

I gave up and decided to look it up on youtube, and I found a guy playing on very hard and doing exactly the same thing as me, but actually getting hit more, and he managed to beat him. Maybe I should have spend money on health upgrades?

Or maybe I should use the revive thing, I just feel like shit using itens and continues in action games, I'd rather restart checkpoint >_>

Are you sure he wasn't in Ng+? ;)

Health upgrades are essential but not in Episode 3 imo.
Do you use the normal block (without any direction) to avoid her attacks?

edit: Yeah you can use it. I always have three tickets and I don't know why, lol. I used three of them in mission 10 on very hard and suddenly I had three new tickets in Episode 11.
I don't get it ^^

Gbraga

Are you sure he wasn't in Ng+? ;)

Health upgrades are essential but not in Episode 3 imo.
Do you use the normal block (without any direction) to avoid her attacks?

edit: Yeah you can use it. I always have three tickets and I don't know why, lol. I used three of them in mission 10 on very hard and suddenly I had three new tickets in Episode 11.
I don't get it ^^

Oh, sorry, I'm in Episode 4, not 3

EDIT: Finally beat him!!! :DD

Oh, sorry, I'm in Episode 4, not 3

Ah, okay!
Yeah
David
is difficult to beat during the first playthrough. You can block and dodge most of his attacks though.
Strike him with your sword, dodge and run away.
That's what I did. ^^

edit: Yeah, congrats! And now there's Episode 5...haha :p You'll see...^^

Gbraga

Ah, okay!
Yeah
David
is difficult to beat during the first playthrough. You can block and dodge most of his attacks though.
Strike him with your sword, dodge and run away.
That's what I did. ^^

edit: Yeah, congrats! And now there's Episode 5...haha :p You'll see...^^

Will have to wait until tomorrow, but I'm already excited for it, I'm really liking this game so far, the combat is really fun, the game looks fantastic, loving the soundtrack, the overall crazyness is too good.

It must get really awful further on to justify some of the hate.

Will have to wait until tomorrow, but I'm already excited for it, I'm really liking this game so far, the combat is really fun, the game looks fantastic, loving the soundtrack, the overall crazyness is too good.

It must get really awful further on to justify some of the hate.

It only gets better.
Episode 5 is the worst of all though ^^

edit: It's not frustrating...just boring ^^

Mr. Desu

It kind of blows my mind that people will make games with Unreal and not export it for a PC sale. Pay a guy to come in and redo the controls and release it on Steam. If it sells a thousand copies then it pays off, people are happy and it's just more good word going around.

It kind of blows my mind that people will make games with Unreal and not export it for a PC sale. Pay a guy to come in and redo the controls and release it on Steam. If it sells a thousand copies then it pays off, people are happy and it's just more good word going around.

Wondered this myself. I wonder what it would take to get a Grasshopper collection on PC. :)))

Mr. Desu

Wondered this myself. I wonder what it would take to get a Grasshopper collection on PC. :)))

A petition, maybe? Show them there's enough interest. I'd easily buy some on Steam. XSEED knows that Steam works with Ys. Not the most popular or well known, but there are quite a few people on Steam who at least have interest, and them seeing it on Steam would totally make 'em go for it.

Gbraga

A petition, maybe? Show them there's enough interest. I'd easily buy some on Steam. XSEED knows that Steam works with Ys. Not the most popular or well known, but there are quite a few people on Steam who at least have interest, and them seeing it on Steam would totally make 'em go for it.

I'd double dip without thinking twice, just like Red Seeds Profile.

This game with a higher resolution and framerate would be killer

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Found Juliet &....that was kind of lack luster. Maybe if we get another DLC mission, Travis can be hiding as well. Oh well, time for Mission 7.

There a list up of the locations to find Scarlet's hiding places and the missions that're unlocked?

Astarte

Mission 1's great for getting ~600k, easy. Just avoid the bullets by standing behind those trash things and you're set for a AAA rank.

Anival

Banned
I've never really been on the fence for a game but I really wanted this game before but most stuff i have been reading on here just seemed mixed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The more I have to replay Trick Challenge 2 for an AAA rank, the more I REALLY wish there was a "restart challenges" option on the pause menu. ESPECIALLY since you can do so for missions.

Oh COME ON. I beat it with no damage, but I guess since I took my time, I STILL got an A....& then I took damage, but was a bit faster & then got an AAA.

I can't for the life of me find the last ninja scroll on the yakuza level

can anyone list all five areas so I can see which one I'm not finding

The ones I got are:

1. all the way to the one side by where you can shoot a guy at the waterfall to find the nurse

2. in the ceiling of one of the roofs

3. on the little island in the middle of the two bridges

4. dont remember

5. ?

I can't for the life of me find the last ninja scroll on the yakuza level

can anyone list all five areas so I can see which one I'm not finding

The ones I got are:

1. all the way to the one side by where you can shoot a guy at the waterfall to find the nurse

2. in the ceiling of one of the roofs

3. on the little island in the middle of the two bridges

4. dont remember

5. ?

There's one under the bridge to the right of the starting point for that area.

benzy

There's an area that has a bunch of haystacks bunched up (I think that's what it was, or was it white/gray bushes) that you have to slash and in the middle of the stack is the scroll. I didn't know you could slash them at first.

Got both of those, but thanks, I found out the one I was missing. Its the house at the side near where the exit is, I didn't even notice the little entrance before

The more I have to replay Trick Challenge 2 for an AAA rank, the more I REALLY wish there was a "restart challenges" option on the pause menu. ESPECIALLY since you can do so for missions.

The very reason I'm waiting until the tail end of my time with the game to tackle those.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there a way to replay missions via Mission Select in the middle of a campaign? For some reason, I assumed you'd be able to. Is there a New Game+?

Is there a way to replay missions via Mission Select in the middle of a campaign? For some reason, I assumed you'd be able to. Is there a New Game+?

Question 1: You can't redo episodes until you clear the game, however side missions are always playable. Question 2: Yes there is!

Gun Animal

So how do we all feel this stacks up with other "CUHRAYZEE" action games? I'm gonna put it at something like:

1)God Hand
3)Metal Gear Rising
3)Devil May Cry 3
4)Killer is Dead
5)Bayonetta

I'd probably put Killer is Dead at number 2 if there were a PC version because there really is a lot of depth and satisfaction to it, but the incredible amount of screen tearing knocked it down a peg for me. Opinions?

Astarte

So how do we all feel this stacks up with other "CUHRAYZEE" action games? I'm gonna put it at something like:

1)God Hand
3)Metal Gear Rising
3)Devil May Cry 3
4)Killer is Dead
5)Bayonetta

I'd probably put Killer is Dead at number 2 if there were a PC version because there really is a lot of depth and satisfaction to it, but the incredible amount of screen tearing knocked it down a peg for me. Opinions?

1. Devil May Cry 3
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
3. God Hand
4. Bayonetta
5. Killer is Dead
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Metal Gear Rising
8. Anarchy Reigns

I really loved me some Killer is Dead, but the lack of depth in combat is what really knocks it down in the cuhrayzee department. Very very flashy, though.

Top Bottom