• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

The Wise Old Man said:
The important thing to learn from all this is that it's absolutely hilarious to argue with people who have obsessed over this game for four years about how the matchmaking system essentially consists of a slow moving raccoon with a basket of bytes around it's neck scurrying back and forth from your PS3 to the GG servers.
threaddump-1.jpg

JudgeN

oatmeal said:
Well GODDAMNIT!!!

Went to Target and saw this:

They had about 10 copies on the shelf, grabbed someone to get it from behind the glass, they obliged, take it up to the front...scan...CANNOT SELL UNTIL FEBRUARY 27TH on the monitor. I tried telling them that other people have gotten them from Targets, but they said it's illegal...blah blah blah.

So are the people here that are getting them already just getting lucky when they scan it in? I would imagine that all Targets would have the street date thing come up on their computer.

I'm mad, I tried another store and the same thing.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOMBO BREAKER :lol

sorry dude, Meijer system didn't say anything but there POS machines still run on windows 95 OS soo yea.

J2d

Just finished sp and it was awesome in pretty much every way except for the controlls. l'm never gonna get accustomed to them. Haven't had a chance to play mp yet but there's less "weight" there right? I'll pray that they'll patch the sp settings to match them if so.

oatmeal

Banned
Dante said:
I'm still gonna try Target and hope I get a dumb cashier :)

Both mine were dumb as shit, but the thing won't scan. It says 0.00 and on the screen in big letters "DO NOT SELL UNTIL 02/27"...

Unless some Targets use different software...

Such a piss off to hold it and lose it :(

Ceb

(Level 9 spoiler)

3rdamention said:
Play the game, it will make more sense later.

I thought the
mech was Helghan tech though? According to the stats - haven't played the level in question yet.

Level 8 was just :O :O :O :O :O

Amazing lighting effects all over the place.

This game really is something special. I've felt a bit jaded lately; no recent big titles have grabbed me, but Killzone 2 is truly great. I had to force myself to stop playing so I wouldn't beat the entire thing in one sitting. It's not just about the graphics either - the core gameplay is what makes it hold up. The firefights are so dynamic and exhilarating.

oatmeal

Banned
So what are the CONFIRMED places that are selling it right now?

I've seen Toronto Blockbuster...a Meijer (sp?)...and...where else?

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
The Wise Old Man said:
Can somebody please explain why GG left out a proper matchmaking interface in the final build? Why would any developer in their right mind omit a tried and true method of getting people into games that has been in existence ever since Halo 2 hit the market? It just seems absolutely ridiculous to have to wait 15 minutes to get a game going. So the single player is 10-15 hours long. That's cool, I can deal with that--I'm more of a multiplayer fan anyway. But at least give me a decent online interface to jump into games with. Bullshit like this is why the PS3 is still getting it's ass kicked by the 360 in regards to the FPS genre.

The online team were going to add one, but a notary told them that there was a good chance leaving it out would give you an aneurysm, so they left it out on purpose.

That and it gave you something to bitch about.

Southern California PS3 Owners:

Video Game Geeks in Garden Grove has copies. I just purchased mine at lunch and can't wait to get it booted up when I get home.

It's off of Chapman and Brookhurst, the guy is really nice too.

Iain Howe said:
The online team were going to add one, but a notary told them that there was a good chance leaving it out would give you an aneurysm, so they left it out on purpose.

That and it gave you something to bitch about.

winner_chicken.gif

Xater

-viper- said:
How did you join the Euro GAF clan without the game in your hands? D;

You can accept invites on the website.

I would also like to get an invite but apparently people don't want me in...

oatmeal

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I just saw this at Target for sale, but if I'll wait I'll save around 12 bucks with my Amazon order....decisions decisions.

Target won't sell it, they won't break the street date. It's just there as a tease.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
How did you join the Euro GAF clan without the game in your hands? D;

By the power of GOD!

Or this:

Xater said:
You can accept invites on the website.

I would also like to get an invite but apparently people don't want me in...

Or maybe TTP is busy sending invites to a lot of people and will get to it eventually...

Xater

FFObsessed said:
Or maybe TTP is busy sending invites to a lot of people and will get to it eventually...

No I was put into Euro 2 for whatever reason and that one has no organization nor people I know.

Top Bottom