• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

EXGN

Just beat it... the last level is perhaps the most epic final level in FPS I've played yet, albeit a bit long and VERY hard. I was gonna go through an Elite run to get the trophy but after playing it on Normal, the notion makes me uneasy =\

I beat the game in 8 hours and 51 minutes, and the last level alone took me 2 hours and 48 minutes with 45 deaths :lol .

DMeisterJ

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Is this old?

3310535420_4384e51ea5.jpg

Its on the Playstation Blog's Flickr account.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3563/3309706659_81e28ed94e.jpg?v=0

HGH ones too.

dfyb

Banned
denton, tx gamestop is doing a midnight launch :D

i have a midterm the next morning... i won't be able to play much. and by that wednesday i have 3 essays and a project due :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If anyone lives near there, the Portage, Michigan store is doing a midnight launch as well. (That's where I got the call from). Not surprising though as that store was always busy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
A.R.K said:
This is how one can win one of these
3309623607_8a315beaf9.jpg

* Day 1: Max number of Helghast killed by a single grenade

link

So, you will all be nice and get everyone from all the gaf clans in a single spot and I will then throw a grenade in the middle of the group. :D

Dante

Went to my Blockbuster and asked if they had any and she looked it up on the computer and was like....."yeah we got 2 of em, let me find em" Score! Only after fumbling behind the counter for a few minutes she's like "I can't find em, is there another game you want?"

Sigh...

My local Target had a slot set for em, but none in the case, They either sold em all, or didn't put em out yet.

For those that have finished...

Any hints for fighting Radek? It seems my squadmember just can't get past the "Burn them" stage no matter what I try to do. Invariably he ends up with his back to an enemy and dies meaning that I eventually die because I'm overrun or die trying to bring him back to life.

Can I attack Radek directly or do I have to go through all the phases? Finding it extremely frustrating.

.GqueB.

Banned
RoboPlato said:
I haven't gotten a call from my Gamestop yet :/

This better not mean I can't pick it up on Friday.
Ashley just called me earlier and said that my store was having a midnight launch. Your store probably isnt doing one is all.

RavenFox

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
w00t, got mine earlier today from J&L in Chinatown, NYC.
You mean J & Rape. How much did they charge you lol. Bah Leslie is my bud[owns the business] but damn those prices.

dfyb

Banned
i wish they didn't announce the requisites for winning the guns. it just means there'll be groups organizing to do them in mass (possibly negatively impacting the online experience of others). they should have just kept them a secret and announce the winner along with why he won "today supershooter won the gun because he popped off the most helmets, a whopping 341!"

dork

Banned
is the menu supposed to be this terrible looking? the screen tearing and the jumping...if so..it was a bad idea

careksims

dfyb said:
i wish they didn't announce the requisites for winning the guns. it just means there'll be groups organizing to do them in mass (possibly negatively impacting the online experience of others). they should have just kept them a secret and announce the winner along with why he won "today supershooter won the gun because he popped off the most helmets, a whopping 341!"

Yup should've been a secret. Pretty dumb since a lot of people in the US have it already before the date and have practiced or exploited certain things.

rexor0717

Ghah! I got a call from my gamestop, and I missed the call. I was praying that they were going to say "COME GET THE GAME NAO!" but they just reconfirmed the fact that its coming out of Friday. Yea, its just one more day, but still, they toy with my emotions!! :lol :lol

Spruchy

Got my copy biatches whut whutttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Serious: Is my blu tooth just being a syncing bitch or do you not have to hit any buttons to talk?

RavenFox said:
You mean J & Rape. How much did they charge you lol. Bah Leslie is my bud[owns the business] but damn those prices.
$60 no tax. it's not an import. i actually pulled the 3 crisp $20 bills from my wallet first, put them on the counter, then went into my pocket for $1 bills, since i knew i had like 8 or so of them, and he was like "just $60" and i was like "thanks!". actualy, the funniest part was when i asked for KZ2, he asled me "how many?" and i said "just one" :D

some dude bought a DSi for like $250 right before me.

Iwata: <laughs>

Yeah I got mine from J&L earlier this afternoon too. $60.

I'm seriously sucking at the game, although I only played through part of the first level (not much time to play tonight). I'm probably just really used to COD controls but I'm having a hard time adjusting...

rass

so i picked this up this morning (AUS) and i am what you might call "shit" at it so far, played the first 2 missions then a couple of rounds of mp. I get my ass handed to me in mp, 6:18 k:d ratio :[

game is amazing, i love that the mode changes every 5 mins in mp, keeps things fresh and fast

LOL I just got a call from Ashley....asking me to take a survey...that was only 1 question long.
:p The local stores really dropped the ball, no a single one doing a midnight launch. If they one of them had bothered, everyone would switch their pre-order to that store. I'm trying hard to get my aim back, its been awhile.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
My semi-media blackout has really payed off. There's so many cool surprises, weapons (
Holy shit at the lightning gun! Playing through that level and feeling so empowered was incredible, reminded me of the ending of HL2
) and environments throughout the game. I just started controlling a freaking
mech

I've said it once, I'll say it again. This game is so much fun. :D

Rez said:
My semi-media blackout has really payed off. There's so many cool surprises, weapons (
Holy shit at the lightning gun! Playing through that level and feeling so empowered was incredible, reminded me of the ending of HL2
) and environments throughout the game. I just started controlling a freaking
mech

I've said it once, I'll say it again. This game is so much fun. :D
I'm finally starting to really get into it. I went over the demo a few times yesterday and the the cover system makes the 'shooting rooms' allot of fun. I went through the demo a few different ways without repeating. Semi-blackout? Hell, I didn't even know this game had bots and custom music until last night. I finally bothered to look at the upgrade chart and the class listing. Honestly, the way this game is built is the exact opposite of what works for me, it's going to be an interesting learning curve. The bots thing has me excited though. It should be a good way to practice teamwork.

Definity

Finished up my first few online games earlier and the the online game is a total blast to play. Then I spent another hour looking at all the stuff you can unlock...time suck confirmed.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Fkl'fkl'sfskjflk this game is fucking hard!!!. I need help someone :(. Last level. i think you know what bit I'm referring to...

Jtrizzy

NameGenerated said:
So it seems my Gamestop is doing a midnight launch...not sure if I'll go though. It be me....by myself. :lol

Don't worry, everyone else there is just as big a loser as you if they're at a launch party. I hope mine is, but I haven't gotten the call. The things aren't too bad as long as you don't have to hang out forever. They made us wait around at my gs for 30 or so minutes for MGS4.

Top Bottom