• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

NameIess said:
It sounds like most Gamestops are doing a midnight launch.

A big change from a few weeks ago when people were complaining about their local Gamestops not doing midnight launches. So I guess the demo or the marketing has worked.

NameIess said:
It sounds like most Gamestops are doing a midnight launch.
LIES!!!
I want to know the %of them. There are 24 GS within 25 miles of me and not one is doing a Midnight launch. The only one in the state that is is 230 miles away. Several told me they were planning one but canceled it (one specifically said they were cancelling it so they could do one for Re5) At least around here, I really just don't think they are fans of the ps3; at the very least they see it less profitable to them and don't care as much.

It's so lame I'm actually going to Wallymart right now to see if they knob that work there put it out early.

i know the GS where i preordered isn't doing a midnight launch. i think i'll call the gamestop 10 minutes from my house tomorrow and see. hopefully they'll have copies for non-preorder there.

Jtrizzy

3rdamention said:
Is it wrong for me to get such a kick out of Trey4Life and all his drunk factory working buddies? Seriously, when he was talking to that dude in the parking lot, and his little driver seemed to care less, I loved it. :lol

It feels wrong, yet so very right.

NameIess

BobTheFork said:
LIES!!!
I want to know the %of them. There are 24 GS within 25 miles of me and not one is doing a Midnight launch. The only one in the state that is is 230 miles away. Several told me they were planning one but canceled it (one specifically said they were cancelling it so they could do one for Re5) At least around here, I really just don't think they are fans of the ps3; at the very least they see it less profitable to them and don't care as much.

It's so lame I'm actually going to Wallymart right now to see if they knob that work there put it out early.

You should tell the manager that you plan to cancel your preorder and purchase the game from Walmart at midnight. If enough people call in and say the same you may get a midnight launch. I think any gamer who did a preorder deserves a midnight launch considering the requirement for the USA demo. I called my location again to confirm and they are definitely doing a midnight launch. If Sony was smart they would have made this a requirement with the demo deal...

.GqueB.

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Don't worry, everyone else there is just as big a loser as you if they're at a launch party. I hope mine is, but I haven't gotten the call. The things aren't too bad as long as you don't have to hang out forever. They made us wait around at my gs for 30 or so minutes for MGS4.
My first (and last) midnight launch was for MGS4. It was late so I figured Union square (NYC) would be less busy than usual...

I was wrong.

I forgot that this gamestop was across the street from NYU. The home of fantastic tail and fast women. They passed by group by group asking what the line was for and every time someone answered I cringed and hid my face.

Because there's no cool way to say "Metal gear solid".

DoomGyver

icechai said:
didn't see it on the server list?
I took it down because it got boring playing bots by myself.

Right now there is only 1 room in the world that I can play in, because my rank is too high.

NameIess said:
You should tell the manager that you plan to cancel your preorder and purchase the game from Walmart at midnight. If enough people call in and say the same you may get a midnight launch. I think any gamer who did a preorder deserves a midnight launch considering the requirement for the USA demo. I called my location again to confirm and they are definitely doing a midnight launch. If Sony was smart they would have made this a requirement with the demo deal...
I agree. What I really want to know is why the biggest one around was planning to do one and THEN cancel the week before when pre-orders had gone up? Even the employee I talked to said they were surprised when the manager said it was off. If I could get it anywhere else, I would and I would tell them when I canceled, for some reason, it's a huge issue for me here in Denver. Neither BB nor Wal-mart, even have a game out on the day it releases. Maybe they get is slightly later in the day here in the mountains, I have not clue. With BB, it's a standard 2 days after 'street' date, not shipping date. Even SF4 went up the day after you could walk into GS and buy it. Wal-mart is even worse; I've gone by 3-4 days after something came comes out and even if they have it in stock, it's not out for some reason.

Schrade

BobTheFork said:
LIES!!!

Bob, are you in the bay area?

I want my Killzone 2 :(

Someone in the bay area needs to spill any info on a store selling it early... I wish I had time to check the Targets in Sunnyvale on my way home.

Schrade

Full Recovery said:

Right now there is only 1 room in the world that I can play in, because my rank is too high.
Why not just search for servers that aren't at your rank? It was an option in the beta..

Schrade said:
Bob, are you in the bay area?

I want my Killzone 2 :(

Someone in the bay area needs to spill any info on a store selling it early... I wish I had time to check the Targets in Sunnyvale on my way home.
newp, Denver represent!
Since I don't know , I'll ask, where exactly will the copy of KZ I buy by coming from? Where is it pressed? One place? I doubt it but I don't know. Is it like pepsi, local printers. I always assumed it was made on both coasts and took the longest to get to the center of the country

Teknoman

Costanza said:
lol where do you live, Tek?

Houston. But apparently on my side of town there are more 360 only owners. For some reason Resistance 2 is always sold out as well as House of the Dead Overkill.

*shrugs*

Im willing to bet its just lack of exposure to just average gamers or something. Have had a n increase in people asking about Killzone 2 though. On the bright side, I work on launch day, so at least I can set aside my copy and head straight to Helghan after work :lol

Mik2121

Oh man this fucking sucks..

Play-Asia was supposed to send me the game two days ago and had some issues with my credit card. I fixed it that same day and they haven't sent the game to me yet.. even though it should have been arriving today or even yesterday.. (I'm in Japan, which is obviously near Hong Kong, and I ordered it via FedEX)

Rikyfree

What pisses me off is that the Gamestop guy I talked with, when he told me they weren't doing a midnight launch for KZ2, is that there are about just as many pre orders for KZ2 as there are RE5 and Halo Wars, yet both of those get a midnight launch. He even told me on the phone he thought it was retarded. I feel glad to know that my Gamestop, even with their shitty policies, have at least some nice, rational employees.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The last level is really good. Challenging, but not frustrating. It looks amazing, and the open nature of the beginning of the level was great. Also, the push up the steps to the
palace
was a great moment.

And then I died a couple of times during the
shooting down from the balcony
sequence and rage quit. :lol

I'll get back to it later.

Snipes424

Rikyfree said:
What pisses me off is that the Gamestop guy I talked with, when he told me they weren't doing a midnight launch for KZ2, is that there are about just as many pre orders for KZ2 as there are RE5 and Halo Wars, yet both of those get a midnight launch. He even told me on the phone he thought it was retarded. I feel glad to know that my Gamestop, even with their shitty policies, have at least some nice, rational employees.

They are doing one for Halo wars? Really? I don't want to downplay the game or anything, but I'm not too sure if that is a guaranteed hit.

Spruchy

KILLZONAY.jpg

J&L in Chinatown for 60 bucks no tax if anyone was wondering, saw atleast 8 copies on the shelf but I got there shortly after it arrived.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rikyfree said:
Aren't KZ2 and HW released on the same day? Just go down to the HW event and buy KZ2 instead. :lol

EDIT: Checked the Halo Wars thread, it seems that HW launches a couple of days later in the US, my bad.

I haven't been in the SP yet because I wanted to take on the MP, but holy crap!

The lightning on the MP levels is insane. After I shot down a Helghast and knocked his helmet off, the lightning crashed and the bass from my subwoofer nearly exploded.

Like I said before when I was playing:

ZOMG!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Rez said:
The last level is really good. Challenging, but not frustrating. It looks amazing, and the open nature of the beginning of the level was great. Also, the push up the steps to the
palace
was a great moment.

And then I died a couple of times during the
shooting down from the balcony
sequence and rage quit. :lol

I'll get back to it later.

I'm stuck at that part. I lost count on how many times I died. for the life of me I cant get passed it. Playing on veteran btw.

icechai

Full Recovery said:

lol jeez, yeah its pretty nice getting high scores, 84 in the last round wooo i can create a clan (please invite me whoever is east :p)

Spruchy

nib95 said:
Spruchy, you using a fightstick or fightpad with the 360 version of SF4?

DOA4 Horistick, getting a TE the second I see one.

To be OT, beat the first level and played very little MP absolutely loving it although I have to tweak the sensitivity a little bit as im missing some easy shots.

Well, not out at Wal-mart (long shot), BUT They actually had a placeholder for the game, with coming 2/27/09 on a helgast picture. So, maybe I'll get to grab it from them @ midnight tomorrow. It doesn't help the the night employees have to clue at all about this stuff.

Jtrizzy

.GqueB. said:
My first (and last) midnight launch was for MGS4. It was late so I figured Union square (NYC) would be less busy than usual...

I was wrong.

I forgot that this gamestop was across the street from NYU. The home of fantastic tail and fast women. They passed by group by group asking what the line was for and every time someone answered I cringed and hid my face.

Because there's no cool way to say "Metal gear solid".

yeah for the GTAIV midnight launch, I ran into this chick I know who worked for dominoes. They were making her sell pizza in front of the gamestop. She gave me the look for sure like "what a dork" then I gave her the "you are selling pizza in front of a gamestop at midnight in cold ass weather" look in return.

I got the call tonight for the midnight launch at my gamestop in woodstock, ga. I was actually pretty surprised, I didnt think it was that big of an area.

I ordered this on Amazon.ca using the visa coupon. They arent supporting the coupon anymore but I already placed my order on Feb 7. It says it will ship March 1st, do you guys think they will still honour it or will they remove the coupon? If so, fuck it ill buy it day 1 instead of waiting nearly a week.

.GqueB.

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
yeah for the GTAIV midnight launch, I ran into this chick I know who worked for dominoes. They were making her sell pizza in front of the gamestop. She gave me the look for sure like "what a dork" then I gave her the "you are selling pizza in front of a gamestop at midnight in cold ass weather" look in return.
:lol You shouldve screamed:

LOOK AT YOUR LIFE!!!

SolidSnakex said:
A big change from a few weeks ago when people were complaining about their local Gamestops not doing midnight launches. So I guess the demo or the marketing has worked.

What marketing?

SSM25 said:
do you have an arcade stick ?

I hope so, otherwise I fear for him playing Street Fighter with the 360 DPad.

Rikyfree

Jtrizzy said:
Thats the part where you ask her, "Is there a problem?" Make sure to be condescending so she gets the hint lol. :lol

Jtrizzy

they had all kinds of shit at that one...Army recruiters with their army painted nascar. We even had to come in early in the day to get a ticket to come to this thing. The guys were all like come in a few hours early and hang out till midnight. Yeah I'll pass on that.

nib95

Banned
FCMaxi said:
Taking a break after finishing the first level, the motion sickness is killing me

Apparently a good tip to avoid motion sickness (though I've never had it myself) is to ensure the room you are playing in is very well lit. The better lit, the less likely you are of getting motion sickness.

Top Bottom