• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

I really REALLY REALLY hope they will realese a patch whichs includes split screen. I doubt it though. I want to play together online with my gf.

Tenkai Star said:
I really REALLY REALLY hope they will realese a patch whichs includes split screen. I doubt it though. I want to play together online with my gf.

Splitscreen seems to be pretty much out of question. They've openly discussed an online co-op patch though.

Any else have their save game file corrupted? It happened to me, so I have to start back from the beginning.

How's everyone dealing with the controller lag? I'd be great if GG patched it up, but I doubt it...

flipswitch said:
Any else have their save game file corrupted? It happened to me, so I have to start back from the beginning.

How's everyone dealing with the controller lag? I'd be great if GG patched it up, but I doubt it...

turning speed is the biggest thing to get used to really... abd upping the sensitivity will leed to less accurate aiming.. but we went through this discussion a couple of times...

BeeDog said:
Nice write-up Rez, even more pumped for the game now!

I have a question for you UK'ers (that are better at English than me). My current Royal Mail tracker says (I ordered from ShopTo):

"Your item, posted on 25/02/09 with reference XXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SWEDEN."

Does it mean that the game is here in Sweden now, or that it was passed to the overseas branch for delivery TO Sweden (that is, it's being flown to Sweden now and it's not here yet)? Would really like to know, since if it ain't in Sweden today, I'm probably getting the game on Monday. :(

Sounds to me like the postal service in Sverige already has it. However, I'm no UK'er.

Edit: And now I got myself confused. It's really not a very clear message.

deepbrown

Rez said:
-I didn't like Sev as a character. I didn't like the way he looked, or the way he spoke. But he was basically just an avatar that symbolised me throughout, so I can live with it.

Good impressions, but I actually liked Sev the most out of all the team. He looked cool and his voice actor was good, unlike the others.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
deepbrown said:
Good impressions, but I actually liked Sev the most out of all the team. He looked cool and his voice actor was good, unlike the others.
He did grow on me, the final shot of him in the game (you know what I'm talking about, on the steps) actually looked really cool.

deepbrown

Rez said:
He did grow on me, the final shot of him in the game (you know what I'm talking about, on the steps) actually looked really cool.
I think I like him because he's not all talk like the others - they are just bullish. Whereas his face looked kind of unique, had cool hair. Sometimes he sounded a bit wimpy, but he was cool I think.

lol. I'm gunna stop now.

Zeliard

Rez said:
-The best level in the game for me was easily "Suleja Village". I think the reason why is both the fact that it was a somewhat dramatic environment change, coupled with the fact that it was the level where the controls, which were initially a bit of a hurdle for me, clicked and finally felt natural. The way the level progressed, and the way it presented itself with different opportunities to use different weapons was really neat. Plus, it was the first level with the two of my favourite weapons in the game, the awesome Bolt Gun and that awesome rifle without the ironsight (Sa-something LMG, maybe? I forget). It might speak to my general tastes in video games, but it says something that my favourite level had a long section of nothing but atmosphere, as well as some back tracking.

Seemingly everyone who's played the game is giving this level in particular some massive props. Can't wait to try it.

alba

Little is the new Big
finally got it this morning, went straight into MP had one game with TTP... glad to have it back :D time to rank up rank up rank up (COME ON FFO COME BACK TOO! :D)

Doc Evils

2zyzkh4.jpg

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Got this yesterday and played for a couple of hours (facing the fact that I suck at FPS several times, on normal difficulty), and it's quite good. I'm looking forward to play more tonight, when the kids are asleep.

Got to spend some time online last night, it dawned on me that I really need to spend some time getting used to FPS on a gamepad. It's fine at range but as soon as something breaks out in close quarters it feels like I'm steering a jetfighter with a cup full of yoghurt, whatever that means. I miss my mouse/keyboard. :(

Anyway I had a great time playing, though it is sort of broken now before everyone gets their classes unlocked.

slider

Still hasn't arrived. Still no notice about it being shipped. Amazon says that delivery estimate is today or tomorrow. Lying bastards. I might pop into a shop and get it and give my other copy to my bro.

-Winnie-

So, just got the game today.

First impressions, single player is... well, it's what I expected. Nothing mindblowing. Pretty much hate the characters besides Sev because he doesn't talk as much. I sense another letdown by the story... Does it get better? I only got up to
after destroying the first arc tower

But multiplayer, DANG, just as fun as it was in the beta. Can't wait to rank up and get some medals. Also, the red coloured map, whatever it's called is beautiful.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
-Winnie- said:
So, just got the game today.

First impressions, single player is... well, it's what I expected. Nothing mindblowing. Pretty much hate the characters besides Sev because he doesn't talk as much. I sense another letdown by the story... Does it get better? I only got up to
after destroying the first arc tower

But multiplayer, DANG, just as fun as it was in the beta. Can't wait to rank up and get some medals. Also, the red coloured map, whatever it's called is beautiful.
It gets better. Rico becomes a bit more likable, but I never liked the other two. The latter half of the game has less yo-mama styled jokes, so that's a plus. ;)

But seriously, the story does become more interesting as the game goes on. It's never anything truely outstanding, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Bodom78

Got the game today and started on hard. Well it's pretty damn hard, I don't think I have died so much in any other game this gen. I can't imagine what the unlock able difficulty is going to be like.

Great game tough, looking forward to passing the first level :D

FabCam

Nice write-up Rez, even more pumped for the game now!

I have a question for you UK'ers (that are better at English than me). My current Royal Mail tracker says (I ordered from ShopTo):

"Your item, posted on 25/02/09 with reference XXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SWEDEN."

Does it mean that the game is here in Sweden now, or that it was passed to the overseas branch for delivery TO Sweden (that is, it's being flown to Sweden now and it's not here yet)? Would really like to know, since if it ain't in Sweden today, I'm probably getting the game on Monday. :(

I think it means that it has been given to the oversea postal service in the UK to be shipped to Sweden. However, the "in Sweden" might suggest that it's already there. Not a clear message at all though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gibb said:
Yes it is.
Well, you actually move out of cover when you do that, don't you?

--

Here's some random stats from my first playthrough on normal:

Completion: 45%
Total Play Time: 5h 20m 27s
Collectibles: 5 of each
Total number of Helghast killed: 722
Total deaths: 50
Total head-shots: 125
Different enemies killed by melee: 12/14
Max number of Helghan killed with a single grenade: 5
Helmets popped: 117
Frags thrown: 45