• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

A.R.K

So I was reading some threads on Killzone.com and see ppl complaining that there is no team talk option unless you are in a squad? and the squad can only have 4 members. But you see I convinced 6 of my friends to fu**ing pre-order this game cuz I know how awesome it will be but now I can't talk to all of my friends at the same time in a game even though we are on the same team? Sure prox-chat will work but you can't expect all the team members to just stick around in one room and chat!!!!!

Also when you join a friend game, you can end up on the opposite side and you can't change? But I want to be with my friends!!!! Thats how you play as a team and work as a team. Sure I'll play random games but when I have my friends online I want to ONLY play with them in the SAME team.

WTF??? plz tell me this is not true. And unfortunately if it is, I hope GG fixes this crap.

On side note, Amazon shipped my copy!! Woooooooo :D

dork

Banned
Septimus said:
It isn't screen tearing. It's a static interference effect.

not talking about it bouncing or stuff, its pure screen tearing..and if thats intentional then wow please fix it..

also i just made a game and it wouldnt let me add bots so i dont know how people are doing that

xBerserker said:
Mine just shipped :D

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: February 27, 2009

* 1 of: Killzone 2

:|
Picture1.png

xiked

Banned
This is some of my major concerns that I thought was the standard for an FPS multiplayer.
This must be fixed asap.

Why do I have to start a new server to be able to change settings?
Why cant I disable bots when I think there is enough PPl in the server.
Why can all chat whit each other at the same time? I know that you can talk to ppl when you are close to them, but not otherwise.
Why cant I talk to all my team mates without having to start an group?
Why is the quality of the voip so bad?
Why is that so hard to change team? You must enable "not balanced teams" to be able to switch teams...
WHY is there no PARTYMODE?!

This must be fixed, I and many of my friends play allot of Mp and there is many futures that I though was standard that is not in KZ2 mp. Why is that? Can this be fixed tempy? Ian Howie?

I really would like to get this answered.

Zeliard

nib95 said:
The less "real" people in a ranked game, the less experience you get. Like, exponentially less, so if they are trying to rank up that way, good luck to them, because it's going to take a hell of a lot longer.

That seems like a decent enough compromise. Couldn't a small clan just get its players together to scrim against some bots, though? In that case, you'd still have plenty of humans in the server but you'd all be facing bots on easy.

iceatcs said:
Didn't know the ranking is important to most of the players. But the skill won't improving alot if keep "cheating". That's why I don't care them.

Play with cheaters in fair match, they will extreme shitting in the pants.

Well, ranking is tied to unlocking new badges, weapons and character classes, so it's a pretty big deal in this game.

But yeah, I agree that guys playing against bots a lot of the time will be at a disadvantage against real players.

dork

Banned
xiked said:
WHY is there no PARTYMODE?![/B]

honestly this question should be asked before any game is even released..hell that should be priority 1 for any game that has a multiplayer that wants to stand the test of time

Aeon712

I just looked at my clock and it's almost 7pm, I still have to work on a project >_<. Damn this game for being so good. Finally brought myself to turn it off.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccck!!! It's nice to see people from the R2 thread making their way over here, including those that insisted R2 was a good game.

Also, swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet vindication!!!!!

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I just looked at my clock and it's almost 7pm, I still have to work on a project >_<. Damn this game for being so good. Finally brought myself to turn it off.

HA! I told you. And Bob. And many others. Now, where's my lollipop?

Zeliard

I just got the (automated) Gamestop call, telling me it'll be here tomorrow morning.

Torturous bastards.

The girl on those messages is far too cheerful for a normal human, by the way.

A.R.K

xiked said:
This is some of my major concerns that I thought was the standard for an FPS multiplayer.
This must be fixed asap.

Why can all chat whit each other at the same time? I know that you can talk to ppl when you are close to them, but not otherwise.
Why is that so hard to change team? You must enable "not balanced teams" to be able to switch teams...

This must be fixed, I and many of my friends play allot of Mp and there is many futures that I though was standard that is not in KZ2 mp. Why is that? Can this be fixed tempy? Ian Howie?

UGGGHHHHHHHH PLEASE PLEASE fix this...I want to play with my friends not bunch of random unknowns.

And Kitton you said voice quality is EXCELLENT huh! Then what is this crap I hear about its so bad!!!!1111!!!!!
angry.gif

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
xiked said:
This must be fixed asap.

Keep in mind that things can be changed just with a little update but it will take time.

alba

Little is the new Big
Revolutionary said:
lagggggggggg

Yeah it was quite laggy compared to like this evening, i don't get it... too much people playing maybe? I don't know (we should do this again tomorrow, was fun :D)

-viper-

Banned
Had a game with many GAF members for a few hours. KZ2 is pretty good online, but it was laggy as fuck.

Seemed like everyone was teleporting around me. :\

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
So, those friendly turret bots in MP. I noticed one was shooting, I was standing in it's line of fire and it killed me, but it said it was suicide. Is this a bug or did I see that wrong?

Ephemeris

alba said:
Yeah it was quite laggy compared to like this evening, i don't get it... too much people playing maybe? I don't know (we should do this again tomorrow, was fun :D)

Yeah, was a blast. My tactician finally got air support :D

Fear my
Saboteur
* ISA

* Text is Cloaked.

alba said:
It was horribly laggy on my end.

Those few times I did well were the times where it was somewhat manageable.

...anyway, yes, we need to play more. :D

Teetris said:
So, those friendly turret bots in MP. I noticed one was shooting, I was standing in it's line of fire and it killed me, but it said it was suicide. Is this a bug or did I see that wrong?

Did it target you or did you walk into its line of fire? If it you walked into the line of fire then a suicide makes sense. The turret builder shouldn't be punished with a team kill in that case in my opinion.

alba

Little is the new Big
FFObsessed said:
Can't believe you only get a bronze trophy for each set of medals :lol

Yeah, i did like 150 damn spawn points in like 2/3 games I only got two ribbons (gonna take a while)

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Had a game with many GAF members for a few hours. KZ2 is pretty good online, but it was laggy as fuck.

Seemed like everyone was teleporting around me. :\

That was just alba's game. I had to leave :p

Play other servers, they're smooth as anything.

alba

Little is the new Big
FFObsessed said:

Well I created it but I left for like 5 mins and It was still going... so I'm not exactly sure how the creation server thing works (the guys who were playing while i was gone, did you still have lags or?)

I need to understand! :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Felix Lighter said:
Did it target you or did you walk into its line of fire? If it you walked into the line of fire then a suicide makes sense. The turret builder shouldn't be punished with a team kill in that case in my opinion.
I was behind someplace for cover and about 45 degrees behind me was the turret. How's that my fault?

xiked

Banned
AnnSwag said:
Keep in mind that things can be changed just with a little update but it will take time.

well I hope so, because PPL in general are not patient and I though KZ2 was the big SONY shooter but it fails in some very important thing, the COMMUNICATION. The key to have fun in a game. GG should really take notice of my and many others similar complaints and fix it very soon. I love KZ2 how it feels when you shoot and I really hope it will become big. but right no it is so big of an hassle to be able to have fun whit friends.

Teetris said:
I was behind someplace for cover and about 45 degrees behind me was the turret. How's that my fault?

I guess I'd have to see how it all went down to really know whose fault it was but in most cases a turret builder can't prevent teammates from walking in front of a turret. The teammate should avoid the turrets fire.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Alba hosted? I guess that is exactly why he was the one who teleported the most around me D;

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Having no party mode prevents a group of people staying together and dominating the other players in game after game, thus ruining it for them.

alba

Little is the new Big
-viper- said:
Alba hosted? I guess that is exactly why he was the one who teleported the most around me D;

I did? :eek: (Weird) I hosted first but then left so someone else must've been hosting it and then I came back so I have no idea what happened there? pointed back to me? who knows... I sure don't XD

Full Recovery said:
I think the lag was caused by a bunch of US players invading EU servers.

Well then, by logic only the us players should be lagging, not everybody :0

Well then tomorrow or whenever someone does host the GAF game, we'll see how it goes if it's not laggy then it must be me!

Got the call that the gamestop up the street is selling at midnight tonight, not really liking some of the Multiplayer comments I'm reading though...decisions, decisions...

alr1ghtstart said:
Having no party mode prevents a group of people staying together and dominating the other players in game after game, thus ruining it for them.

Come on. You're against friends staying together game after game? A party system improves online play immensely for me.

KZObsessed

Felix Lighter said:
Come on. You're against friends staying together game after game? A party system improves online play immensely for me.

Friends do stay together game after game. If you want to be on the same team you need to find or create a game without auto team balancing. By default it's on, to stop people stacking one team against the other like in the Beta. Urgh.

Shopto.net said:
Killzone 2 - Limited Edition Collector's Box 24/02/2009 DISPATCHED
Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Valkyria Chronicles arrived in three days, which was sort of surprising. Especially considering it was sold out.

FFObsessed said:
Friends do stay together game after game. If you want to be on the same team you need to find or create a game without auto team balancing. By default it's on, to stop people stacking one team against the other like in the Beta. Urgh.

I wasn't in the beta so I don't know how that went. I just like playing on the same team as my friends. Not to ruin anyone else's fun, but because playing with friends is just more fun. It's not the end of the world, just an inconvenience I guess.

careksims

I was right. Nothing good like early releases ever happen in San Diego :( No midnight launch for me! Tomorrow at 10am. Gah and I see people playing already on my list.

Top Bottom