• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

That's what they need to add actually. The ability to search for games with Auto-Balancing on/off and Friendly Fire etc. And to tell you whether the server has these features enabled or not before you actually join them. That would solve the problem of friends not being able to jump into games on the same team.

Felix Lighter said:
I wasn't in the beta so I don't know how that went. I just like playing on the same team as my friends. Not to ruin anyone else's fun, but because playing with friends is just more fun. It's not the end of the world, just an inconvenience I guess.

You can play with friends on the same team, its just really inconvenient at the moment because you can't search for games with auto-balancing off. If you could do that it'd be no problem. They need to add it. The "join friend" feature for me is better than a party system because it's just much quicker and convenient. You don't have to wait to finish your game before you're taken to a separate lobby and then jump into a game together. You all just jump straight into the middle of each others games instantly. No waiting. The problem is you don't get a private lobby for voice chat before you jump into a game. You don't feel as connected and you lose any planned strategy and organisation before a game. They should add a party system as well. It was the most requested feature during the Beta, so I'll be surprised if it's not included in the first major update.

xiked

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Friends do stay together game after game. If you want to be on the same team you need to find or create a game without auto team balancing. By default it's on, to stop people stacking one team against the other like in the Beta. Urgh.

Well that don't solve the problem that you cant talk to each other. Only by staring a squad...that's silly. It is also darn frustrating that you cant talk to the opposite team. Only able to do that if you are close..that's is just not the way to go.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just finished the game! Great great fun :D

Kind of dissapointed at the length though :( Only took me 4 and a half hours to blast my way through.

xiked

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Friends do stay together game after game. If you want to be on the same team you need to find or create a game without auto team balancing. By default it's on, to stop people stacking one team against the other like in the Beta. Urgh.

Well that don't solve the problem that you cant talk to each other. Only by staring a squad...that's silly. It is also darn frustrating that you cant talk to the opposite team. Only able to do that if you are close..that's is just not the way to go.
It is also very frustrating that you cant change settings after a match is finished. You must go out, and start a new one, and you cant even invite friend to the server?! They need to get an XMB message or wait until they see a name change in the friends list....this is not good. GG need to fix this asap.

so here is my list again:

Why do I have to start a new server to be able to change settings?
Why cant I invite friend to the server?!
Why cant I disable bots when I think there is enough PPl in the server.
Why cant all chat whit each other at the same time? I know that you can talk to ppl when you are close to them, but not otherwise.
Why cant I talk to all my team mates without having to start an group?
Why is the quality of the voip so bad?
Why is that so hard to change team? You must enable "not balanced teams" to be able to switch teams...
WHY is there no PARTYMODE?!

Nafai1123

Banned
xiked said:

wtf, what games allow you to do this??

xiked

Banned
Nafai1123 said:
wtf, what games allow you to do this??

COD 4 and 5 for an example, "Team chat" or "all chat" is options that cod have. "all chat" enable all to chat whit each other. There is more games that support this, it is and standard that I thought KZ2 had...there is many "standard options/futures" that KZ2 is missing i MP..wired. I really what this game to be great to play whit friends. But right know. it do more harm than good when you play whit friends...

spwolf

xiked said:
COD 4 and 5 for an example, "Team chat" or "all chat" is options that cod have. "all chat" enable all to chat whit each other. There is more games that support this, it is and standard that I thought KZ2 had...there is many "standard options/futures" that KZ2 is missing i MP..wired. I really what this game to be great to play whit friend. But right know. it do more harm than good when you play whit friends...

i would think that as an feature :D

A.R.K

FFObsessed said:
That's what they need to add actually. The ability to search for games with Auto-Balancing on/off and Friendly Fire etc. And to tell you whether the server has these features enabled or not before you actually join them. That would solve the problem of friends not being able to jump into games on the same team.

You can play with friends on the same team, its just really inconvenient at the moment because you can't search for games with auto-balancing off. If you could do that it'd be no problem. They need to add it. The "join friend" feature for me is better than a party system because it's just much quicker and convenient. You don't have to wait to finish your game before you're taken to a separate lobby and then jump into a game together. You all just jump straight into the middle of each others games instantly. No waiting. The problem is you don't get a private lobby for voice chat before you jump into a game. You don't feel as connected and you lose any planned strategy and organisation before a game. They should add a party system as well. It was the most requested feature during the Beta, so I'll be surprised if it's not included in the first major update.

So if I start my game and all my friends join in and then we allow others to join for opposite team, this should work fine correct? Can the person who creates the game kick ppl to other team if he wants? Also what about voice chat? Can all the members of your team hear each other all the time or not?

KZObsessed

xiked said:
It is also very frustrating that you cant change settings after a match is finished. You must go out, and start a new one, and you cant even invite friend to the server?! They need to get an XMB message or wait until they see a name change in the friends list....this is not good. GG need to fix this asap.

^^Discussed more stuff above.

If you want to invite a friend to your game just send a PSN message with "Join me" as the message heading. They then just select "join friend" and they join straight away. That's no different than sending a game invite and having them accept it

The game is built around competitive play and being fair. They want people to really get involved with tournaments and things. If you could talk to the whole other team you could cheat. I don't want that added. Squads are good, join squads. But yeah squads only allow talking with 3 others. Someone in the Beta had a good suggestion, to link two squads leaders together so you could communicate with another squad too.

At the moment tho, I agree, KZ2 is not really the game to just jump into with a bunch of friends and have fun. It's more for competitive play. They need a balance tho, so it's better for both. Added search features and a party system would go a long way. I think they want you to make a clan for these kind of things, clan challenges so you and your friends in a competitive game, but most people aren't going to want to do that. They do need to make it more casual friendly in regards to people just meeting up and playing together.

cakefoo

A.R.K said:
So if I start my game and all my friends join in and then we allow others to join for opposite team, this should work fine correct? Can the person who creates the game kick ppl to other team if he wants? Also what about voice chat? Can all the members of your team hear each other all the time or not?
Voice is proximity-based, and if you're in a squad you get a radio channel.

Huggers

Embarassingly I am a little stuck at one bit of the single player:
I come out on this terrace type thing and there is a ship flying around shooting at me, I have to shoot these electric pylons and it gets stuck to the electricity, I then grab the handily placed rocket launcher and shoot the said ship, rinse a repeat, trouble is, the ship keep blasting missiles and machine gun fire and I keep dying despite my best efforts to use the pillar to block its onslaught, any suggestions?

Multiplayer wise I am doing well though. I'm totally hooked. I'm addicted to the chirp

KZObsessed

A.R.K said:

Unless it's a clan game, you can't say "only me and my friends are on this team, everyone else has to join the other side" No you can't kick others to the other side. Voice chat is between 4 Squads members at all times, and everyone else on your team and the enemies team is proximity based. If they're near you they will hear you. The louder you talk the further people can hear you.

Teknoman said:
In this type of MP, its probably better to use headsets to communicate with your squadmates.

Yea I know that (Retro Post!!) its just I never have really liked talking online for some reason.

I usually try to follow the team and everything just never liked using headsets at all...sorry...

Well, 17 more hours to my GS opens! :D

edit: Also do NOT go onto the Playstation Store. It has a KZ2 guide for sale and in the description it reveal's the who the final boss is.

Does'nt bother me since I hardly know anything abo0ut the KZ2 story but beware!

Nightz

careksims said:
I was right. Nothing good like early releases ever happen in San Diego :( No midnight launch for me! Tomorrow at 10am. Gah and I see people playing already on my list.
I'm in San Diego. Posted this earlier:

sem1r6.jpg

:D

KZObsessed

By the way guys, you should post things you want added on Playstation forums and Killzone.com to make sure Guerrilla devs hear you. In fact there are threads there asking for the exact things you want so go add an extra voice! :)

dralla

FFObsessed said:
Unless it's a clan game, you can't say "only me and my friends are on this team, everyone else has to join the other side" No you can't kick others to the other side. Voice chat is between 4 Squads members at all times, and everyone else on your team and the enemies team is proximity based. If they're near you they will hear you. The louder you talk the further people can hear you.

so there's no button to press so I can talk to everyone on my team?

the fuck :[

Nafai1123

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Do all clan games have to be prearranged?

careful

FFObsessed said:
At the moment tho, I agree, KZ2 is not really the game to just jump into with a bunch of friends and have fun. It's more for competitive play. They need a balance tho, so it's better for both. Added search features and a party system would go a long way. I think they want you to make a clan for these kind of things, clan challenges so you and your friends in a competitive game, but most people aren't going to want to do that. They do need to make it more casual friendly in regards to people just meeting up and playing together.
:'(
I really hope they patch this soon. I managed to convince a big group of friends to get the game and I assumed we'd just be able to play and communicate together easily like in COD.
I'm afraid those guys will just drop the the MP and go back to COD if we can't talk more than 4 ppl together.

A.R.K

cakefoo said:
Voice is proximity-based, and if you're in a squad you get a radio channel.

a squad can have only 4 ppl but what if you have more friends on same team? They all can not be in the same area at all times and you have to co-ordinate for team work. So I think this can be fixed easily by either:

1. allow open mic for team only like warhawk OR
2. increase squad size (which I don't think will make much sense) OR
3. allow inter-squad comm by push-2-talk or something (best IMHO)

Anyways I am hoping these little inconveniences will be fixed in a DLC soon.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Label said:
Just finished the game! Great great fun :D

Kind of dissapointed at the length though :( Only took me 4 and a half hours to blast my way through.
I knew this game was that short weeks ago when somebody posted an online video walkthrough of it clocking in at that time, but everyone jumped on me and claimed it was a speed-run.

rass

i really like the idea of squads, but i agree with others, there needs to be a way for squad leaders to communicate with other squads so attacks can be coordinated properly. but i dont have a headset anyway, soon!

A.R.K

careful said:
:'(
I really hope they patch this soon. I managed to convince a big group of friends to get the game and I assumed we'd just be able to play and communicate together easily like in COD.
I'm afraid those guys will just drop the the MP and go back to COD if we can't talk more than 4 ppl together.

same here, and they were very indecisive about KZ2 (coming from H3) but I convinced them that this is a great game (which it is) but I am sure they will be pissed when standard team play features will not be found. I play MP mostly to play with friends as a team to enjoy and laugh talking to each other. And that seems to be a problem in KZ2 at this time.

I will still enjoy my random MP games that I know for sure.

I don't know who I have to talk to (Full Recovery?) as I'm not sure which GAF clan to request an invite to (In the Midwest, IN so GAF East I guess?), but I would appreciate one! (PSN: Carolina-Blue).

I'll have the sweet, sweet game in my hands along with an official PS3 headset Saturday! DAMN this CCNA class, reading this thread is KILLING ME!!!!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Going to the midnight launch here in Denver. Can't wait for the game. A little disappointed at the supposed length, but as long as the 10 hours are action-packed I'll be a happy camper.

dark10x said:
I just completed the 8th mission in single player mode and, holy shit, that was absolutely incredible. It's familiar mission type
escape the exploding ship
but I think they did a better job than any other game. It really felt as if you were working through a MASSIVE structure with lots of action going on all around you. The gun fights were incredible, the atmosphere extremely memorable, and the visuals just :O. It looks really different from the rest of the game as well.

The first half of KZ2 is great, but the second half is where the game has been elevated to levels comparable to Halo, Gears, Crysis, and other great first person shooters.

I simply wish there was more content here. Now that I'm really feeling the controls and loving the missions, I just want more!!! At least I can say that virtually every fire fight feels finely crafted.

Awesome.

Tom Penny

Felix Lighter said:
Did it target you or did you walk into its line of fire? If it you walked into the line of fire then a suicide makes sense. The turret builder shouldn't be punished with a team kill in that case in my opinion.

Turrets friendly fire on you. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

KZObsessed

~Kinggi~ said:
I knew this game was that short weeks ago when somebody posted an online video walkthrough of it clocking in at that time, but everyone jumped on me and claimed it was a speed-run.

Play it on Veteran then. After 4 and a half hours I'm just about to finish level 6. And just because someone finishes a game fast, doesn't mean it'll be that length for everyone. MGS4 certainly isn't an 8 hour game for me...

Zeliard

HAHA YES!

I decided to randomly call some Gamestop I never, ever go to since I have closer ones and they're having a midnight launch, and it's open to everyone not just pre-orders. Success. No other store in the area is.

Costanza

Banned
I wonder how many people are going to be at my GS's midnight launch. The guy said he's expecting alot, but they also said something like that when MGS4 came out and <10 people showed up.

If I go early and nobody's there, shit that's going to be boring, but if I go later and there's a fuckton of people there I'll end up waiting for them to take care of everybody, so this is kinda tough.

Jtrizzy

FFObsessed said:
Play it on Veteran then. After 4 and a half hours I'm just about to finish level 6. And just because someone finishes a game fast, doesn't mean it'll be that length for everyone. MGS4 certainly isn't an 8 hour game for me...

People always come in and talk about how it took them half the time that every site says in it's review. MGS4 took me close to 20 hours.

KZObsessed

Jtrizzy said:
People always come in and talk about how it took them half the time that every site says in it's review. MGS4 took me close to 20 hours.

That's fine, some people are just really fast at these things. Whether they rush through or are just damn good. Someone said before they completed MGS4 in 8 hours first playthrough, took me around 20 and a half hours.

Top Bottom