• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Valkyr Junkie said:
It's not an uncommon thing for them to do. I say go for it if one isn't far away.
Yeah i think i'll give that a shot tonight. If i do manage to snag a copy work is gonna suck tomorrow because my mind will be going "must.. go.. home.. NOW" the moment i set foot there.:D

womfalcs3

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
Yes I did, it even says its coming tomorrow but its been stuck as shipping soon for over 24 hours. Preordered long ago too =\

Well, hopefully the e-mail is just late in arrival.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This really should have gotten a bigger push and some midnight releases. I don't know if I would go to that sort of thing again, I'm picking it up in the morning, but NA loves a big shooter and I'll be damned if this isn't the big thing out there.

careksims

Musashi Wins! said:
This really should have gotten a bigger push and some midnight releases. I don't know if I would go to that sort of thing again, I'm picking it up in the morning, but NA loves a big shooter and I'll be damned if this isn't the big thing out there.

I agree and RE5 is getting the Midnight Launch at my store. :/

oatmeal

Banned
What's the deal with Walmart?

Can I expect to roll in at 12 and pick up a copy? I call them and they don't know anything about it (in Electronics)...why are people so dumb :(

alba

Little is the new Big
FFObsessed said:
There were definitely "in one round" ribbons in the Beta. Some like the "5 kills with the turret in one round" were impossible for me to get because of that. I hope they've changed them so you've got the whole game. Would be much better and was part of my feedback :D It's hard for me to keep track during a game because it's so hectic I lose track :p

Thanx tho, I'll PM tiddles and ask.

They should make somekind of text popup ingame on the side saying "Ribbon X/8" etc, would be helpful, always have to wait the end of the game to see what I got ;D

Aeon712

Finally ran into my first hard part of the game
During the Salamun district where you have to fight the Hils, 2 turrets a drop ship of Hils which 2 of have rpg's
. Just died 3 times here.

I got my shipping notice about 40 minutes ago. I have Prime if it matters. I didn't check any options for release date delivery, they just sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying I'd been upgraded for free-- I didn't expect it at all.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Musashi Wins! said:
There are places that do midnight releases for KZ2, but it looks like it's limited to bigger gamestop stores. But yeah, in general I'm surprised Sony is not pushing this more. They could have made this (or God of War for that matter) into a household name.

Sean

Banned
My Amazon order finally shipped, I also have Prime and was promised (free) release date delivery about two weeks ago.

Haven't been sent anything about the helghast Home costume code though.

Zeliard

Lord Error said:
There are places that do midnight releases for KZ2, but it looks like it's limited to bigger gamestop stores. But yeah, in general I'm surprised Sony is not pushing this more. They could have made this (or God of War for that matter) into a household name.

If you're on the West Coast and really want it tonight, you should call up some local Gamestops and see if you get lucky. I called three of them around here before almost giving up, before I decided to randomly call another one in the area and was surprised to find out they're having a midnight launch. The other Gamestops didn't even know about it.

rexor0717

I don't think the stats or whatever on the KZ site are working right. It says no body is playing and that there are not any active games, so I know thats false.

Owensboro

Hahahaha. Here to report the happy news like everyone else. Amazon confirmed that my order was being shipped 10 minutes ago. Lets hope "release day" really means "less then 24 hours".

Aeon712

rexor0717 said:
I don't think the stats or whatever on the KZ site are working right. It says no body is playing and that there are not any active games, so I know thats false.
I show 2468 players according to the site atm.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
I just looked at my clock and it's almost 7pm, I still have to work on a project >_<. Damn this game for being so good. Finally brought myself to turn it off.

Ashley called (Tomorrow morning). I probably can't play until a week or two later. Too busy right now.

M3Freak said:
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccck!!! It's nice to see people from the R2 thread making their way over here, including those that insisted R2 was a good game.

Also, swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet vindication!!!!!

facepalm.gif

Defuser

yeeeeah I finally got my R3 copy of Killzone. And Sony is partnering up with stores to give out free posters if you preorder. I got mine without preordering!!!

10sd45h.jpg

*Not available to US/PAL Residents

I'm in the Viscari square after I took down that big motherfucker(lol garza) and damn it's fuck awesome. Not to mention it has some funny dialogue.

Garza: "We're getting close(to the mobile towers) Sir!!"

Narville : "So is my next birthday!!"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I tried playing the demo earlier. It's really pretty, but I just keep dying over and over. There's just so much going on I can't figure out how to stop getting shot at.

I'm trying to get into FPSs since they seem to be the new hip thing, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. And this is the default setting. How does one play a game like this?

nib95

Banned
Doc Evils said:
How the fuck did Edge think Fear 2 is better than Killzone 2? It's utterly GARBAGE compared to the awesomeness that is GG's baby.

Tempy seriously man, give everyone at GG a pat on the back from me because I just played the best console FPS this generation fucking unreal.

Because Edge have completely inconsistent and unusual tastes and expected Killzone 2 to have an Oscar winning narrative and characters. Side note, they don't quite care as much about that stuff when it comes to other shooters.

Honestly, imo Edge damaged their reputation severely with that review. Adding to a list of other rather unusual scores they've given to certain games in recent times.

McLovin

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Well, i just went to GS to pay off my game for the 12 release AND MY GODDAMN DEBIT CARD WON'T FUCKING WORK! Went to the atm, won't work there either. GODDAMNIT.
I'm about to go get my copy now. I planned for this and pre-paid part this morning and cashed out the other part before I went to sleep :D.
::runs off to pick up killzone 2::

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RurouniZel said:
I tried playing the demo earlier. It's really pretty, but I just keep dying over and over. There's just so much going on I can't figure out how to stop getting shot at.

I'm trying to get into FPSs since they seem to be the new hip thing, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. And this is the default setting. How does one play a game like this?

Use cover (hold L2 near a wall/barricade), push up on the left stick and zoom in (R3) and pop some Helghast heads.

RurouniZel said:

do you have problems moving? aiming? or just not getting hit?

you basically want to stay back behind cover and not get flanked by enemies, while popping them off one by one. also, cook your grenades (hold the button for a bit) so they explode when they land by enemies instead of long after they land.

Top Bottom