• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

keyrat

I got my copy at Blockbuster if you guys want to try that. They had it on the shelf today, behind some other game, actually.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The Faceless Master said:
do you have problems moving? aiming? or just not getting hit?

you basically want to stay back behind cover and not get flanked by enemies, while popping them off one by one. also, cook your grenades (hold the button for a bit) so they explode when they land by enemies instead of long after they land.

Mostly aiming and constantly getting shot at. It's like no matter where I move they end up behind me or just out of my line of sight, within second the screen goes gray and I'm lying on my side.

I also have a hard time telling the difference between friend and foe. I know they have the glowy eye helmet things but half the time, by the time I notice I'm already tasting dirt.

alr1ghtstart said:
Use cover (hold L2 near a wall/barricade), push up on the left stick and zoom in (R3) and pop some Helghast heads.

So I have to push the R3 and aim, but how do I zoom in with the left stick? Isn't that aim?

Jtrizzy

Musashi Wins! said:
I've seen about 8 commercials tonight pretending Halo Wars isn't a RTS.

Where the hell are the Killzone ads?

Yep. I bet some idiots buy that and when they play it are like what the fuck is this shit.

nib95

Banned

Zeliard

RurouniZel said:
So I have to push the R3 and aim, but how do I zoom in with the left stick? Isn't that aim?

You click the stick in, and it's with the right analog, not the left. Clicking the left stick in is for running.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RurouniZel said:

You always aim with the right stick in FPS's. You push up on the left stick to pop out of cover and you can either blind fire or zoom in (r3) for easier shots.
and for the record, there were 3 Halo Wars commercials during the Cavs/Rockets game tonight on TNT. Zero KZ2.

matmanx1

The opening is freakin EPIC!!! After I watched it I was like "LETS GO KEEL SOME HELGHAST" RAWWR! Sorry. Adrenaline rush. All better now.

Of course I then proceeded to go play online for 2 hours and I've yet to start the single player campaign. If bedtime wasnt just around the corner I'd still be at it. Love some of the new maps I didnt get too see in beta. Really, really jaw dropping stuff.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Valkyr Junkie said:
Gah, come on Amazon. "Shipping soon" means you already have the copy set aside. Anyone else's ship? Ordered on 2/6 :(
Ordered my copy this past Monday and it was shipped today in the afternoon :D

2 more hours till I land on planet Helghan. Fuuuck! Trey 4 life!

222.gif

swoon

Jtrizzy said:
a guy posted a page or so back about one in Raleigh.

GameStop #896
Oak Creek Village
4600 Chapel Hill Blvd.
Durham NC, 27707 US

this one is doing it in durham for all chapel hill/durham people. the guy sounded pretty excited about the whole thing.

Zeliard

To those who have the game, does the normal difficulty offer a decent challenge, or is it recommended to go straight to veteran?

A.R.K

Tempy said:
chirp chirp chirp.

Search and Destroy sure gets hectic; probably my favorite mode. Especially when people have unlocked tacticians, engineers, & medics.

Tempy, any chance GG might give us a patch for:

1. An option so all team members can talk to each other if they choose to (something like push 2 talk). How do you expect team to co-ordinate in a team based game without comm.

2. An option to search games so you can get to games that allow team switch so friends can stay on same team or allow an option so that 'join friend' can put you on same team instead of random selection (playing with your friends >>>>>>>>> playing with random juvies)

3. Allow to change game options from within current game session instead of creating a new session. (OMG this is so frustrating just like warhawk!!!! why???????????????)

4. A party system would be nice to have too

Please fix this. Thanks

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
A.R.K said:
Tempy, any chance GG might give us a patch for:

1. An option so all team members can talk to each other if they choose to (something like push 2 talk). How do you expect team to co-ordinate in a team based game without comm.

2. An option to search games so you can get to games that allow team switch so friends can stay on same team or allow an option so that 'join friend' can put you on same team instead of random selection (playing with your friends >>>>>>>>> playing with random juvies)

3. Allow to change game options from within current game session instead of creating a new session. (OMG this is so frustrating just like warhawk!!!! why???????????????)

4. A party system would be nice to have too

Please fix this. Thanks

this x 10000000000000000

albeit I can see why it works that way.
1 - There is no real host
2 - If game creator leaves, game stays up. So who's gonna be allowed to change it?

But yeah, it can be fixed. If Evolution Studios did it with Pacific Rift, why not GG?

Struct09

My local Costco had the game sitting out tonight for sale. If my copy wasn't already on the way from Amazon I would have grabbed it :p

I'm almost done and ready to fight again. All I need to do is write a recurrence of the tripleSort alogorithm....uh give me a minute. I'm downing a 5-hour energy and going long haul tonight so get ready!!!!

DuckRacer

So Killzone 2's coming tomorrow from Amazon. $58 including Prime-less release date delivery is like a middle finger to retailers.

So this, Orange Box and Civ Rev should have me set for a while. Hopefully I enjoy them. :lol

I just finished playing around with the HOME Warhawk room. Its perfect.

Killzone2 needs to do the exact same thing ASAP to allow people to group plan around the multiplayer maps... I can't believe how well it works.

They only need to allow people to have that 3D mapping sandbox device in private clubhouses...

Mik2121

YESSSSSSSSS

Got the game right NOW! I went to an store near my house (here in Japan) and had a lot of copies of the game, so I'm canceling my Play-Asia order right now, lol!.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

alba

Little is the new Big
Zeliard said:
To those who have the game, does the normal difficulty offer a decent challenge, or is it recommended to go straight to veteran?

It's decent, well balanced i'd say. I'm half way through the campaign, will finish it and then veteran then elite (need to max up mp first though, but i'm almost there so)

damn it's 5:50am here and I was still playing... THE FUTURE IS NOW :eek:

Defuser said:
...and Sony is partnering up with stores to give out free posters if you preorder. I got mine without preordering!!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/10sd45h.jpg
*Not available to US/PAL Residents

It's fine, you get the posters, we get the steelbox, everybody's happy :D

Rikyfree

I like that, if it were me setting that up, I would have hired some guys dressed as the ISA across the street occasionally talking trash to the helghast. Would be awesome.

A.R.K

TTP said:
this x 10000000000000000

albeit I can see why it works that way.
1 - There is no real host
2 - If game creator leaves, game stays up. So who's gonna be allowed to change it?

But yeah, it can be fixed. If Evolution Studios did it with Pacific Rift, why not GG?

Yes they sure can fix these things if they want to. TTP, you work for some media correct? If so can you escalate these issues to someone at GG?

Amazon has shipped my order ($44 CAD + Retard Beanie, thank you Amazon), and expected delivery is tomorrow. Normally Amazon packages reach me next day around 11 AM. Good thing I work out of a home office, it's not going to be a very productive Friday.

Why is it that it seems whenever games that catch my attention get released they always come in twos or threes? I'm still trying to get my bearings with SF4, getting the NES thumb blister back (Waiting for the children somewhere in the 3rd world to cobble me together a TE stick...).

Top Bottom