• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Zeliard

Costanza said:
Played a couple rounds of multiplayer, it's not really grabbing me yet :\ Everything just feels too hectic.

Might be because it's the start and few people have unlocked classes so far, so everyone's just running around trying to get EXP.

Haven't tried MP yet, so that's just a guess.

alterno69

Banned
Costanza said:
Played a couple rounds of multiplayer, it's not really grabbing me yet :\ Everything just feels too hectic.

Try 8 vs 8 matches, i didn't like 32 player matches during the beta gor that same reason.

Costanza said:

people are not playing it correctly, some are just staying in the spawn area's when the mission is "search and destroy" and etc. I definitely need to play with a clan.

Please invite East GAF : (

PSN: dreamer3kx

Teknoman

Everyone who is buying a bluetooth headset for KZ2 (or already have one) please buy this:

802910b.jpg

Best bluetooth ever, and its crystal clear no matter what.

Defuser

Fucking damn

It's fucking hard to dodge that Atac on Salamun bridge,it keeps on killing me with it's rockets and most of the time it wouldn't go near the arc tower.

bounchfx

sigh, underwhelmed.

and is it just me or does MP control slightly different than SP? seems like it feels more like it should in multi, but maybe i'm over analyzing

Synless

I'm having trouble killing people in this game, I am not used to the controls at all......I should have played the demo more.

CrashBomber

Neo Member
Played all day with the VGEvo crew!

You can definetly tell when someone isn't using the PS3 headset. Big Difference.

It looks twice as good as the beta and I love the balance changes they made.
(Like a 20 second cool down on medic revives. That was bad for the one being healed)

Overall? I approve.

[EDIT]

Also, I leave all aspects of the controls on default.

[/EDIT]

Mik2121

I'm playing online right now even though I got the game a couple hours ago, lol!

I'm getting my ass beaten but god damn it's so fun!!! My ID is Mik2121 and I'm on Europe Clan 2 (EGa2)

LowParry

What are the chances of just walking into Best Buy tomorrow and picking this game up? Tax returns are in baby! Fuuuuck yeah!

tiddles

FFObsessed said:
There were definitely "in one round" ribbons in the Beta. Some like the "5 kills with the turret in one round" were impossible for me to get because of that. I hope they've changed them so you've got the whole game. Would be much better and was part of my feedback :D It's hard for me to keep track during a game because it's so hectic I lose track :p

Thanx tho, I'll PM tiddles and ask.

ha ha, sorry I've got no idea actually - I'll try and find out and let you know. If it's any consolation I found that repair ability pretty hard to get in the beta as well, but maybe that was also because I had a dodgy PS3 then that crashed every five minutes... :D

FightyF

Banned
Teknoman said:
Everyone who is buying a bluetooth headset for KZ2 (or already have one) please buy this:

802910b.jpg

Best bluetooth ever, and its crystal clear no matter what.

Would have bought it if Sony released it at launch. Since then I've gotten 2 headsets...not gonna spend any money on more.

Mine worked well for Warhawk and Resistance...I THINK. So hopefully it's not an issue.

And I agree about the MP controls being better than SP, judging from the beta compared to the demo.

I don't think I'll play SP for a good few months after getting this game, as I have a backlog. I'm just gonna jump into MP. I'd hate struggling between the two different control schemes.

G-Bus

Banned
ahhhhhhhh, so close!

Walk into the store, look at display case and see nothing. Walk up to the cashier, "do you have any copies of Killzone 2 for Playstation3?"
her - "uhmm, sorry it doesn't release until the 27th...

me - "3 hours?"

her "yea, and we only have 3 preorders and 1 copy for sale. If your lucky you can get that in the mourning, we open at 10am"

me - "it's the 27th in 3 hours..."

her - "yea..."

I gave her that most awkward stare. I think she read my mind because the look on her face was priceless.

Aladuf

Banned
Well, I was able to play for a couple of hours after picking it up. I played a bit of SP and got past the first level and then moved onto MP where I did alright, I didn't lose a single match out of six at least. It feels like it'll take a bit of getting used to but nothing too hard.

I kept trying to get into Full Recovery's games but they were always full, so maybe tomorrow I'll get into some games with GAFfers.

SP is fantastic on Hard. Playing through the demo level was so refreshing and tons more difficult.

MP for me is mixed. I went in expecting greatness but lag makes this feel like MGO. Yeah, I went there lol. I can shoot a guy in his face and watch him kill me then watch 2 of my squadmates shoot him so many times and he justs strafes away unscathed. It's fucking bullshit. Also, it's not very satisfying when you get killed. No vibration jolt, no special sound. The screen just fades to black and white and you slump down. It sucks actually. It's also not cool sneaking up on an enemy in a doorway and he ends up shooting you seemingly through the wall as if he was watching you the whole time (kill screen shows he just appears in the doorway instead of behind a wall.... WHAT?!?).

Docpan

It plays just like a more awesome version of Call of Duty 4. I'm much enjoying this.

Also, does the cover button not work in multiplayer? I can't seem to stick to walls... I can only crouch.

Just need to post (vent) again because it's 2:30 in the morning here and I was screaming at my tv at all the bullshit. What happened? Back when I had shit-tard molassus Comcast before I moved, Resistance 1 was the fucking smoothest game in the world. Now with a faster connection, these games have piss-poor net code. R2's funny to play watching my bullseye tags miss enemies when I'm clearly dead on. MGO is just a fucking joke. And now this. I'm really bummed because I was looking forward to this.

Loudninja

Docpan said:
It plays just like a more awesome version of Call of Duty 4. I'm much enjoying this.

Also, does the cover button not work in multiplayer? I can't seem to stick to walls... I can only crouch.

No cover system in multiplayer.

.GqueB.

Banned
Synless said:
I'm having trouble killing people in this game, I am not used to the controls at all......I should have played the demo more.
If you arent using it, trying switching to the sixaxis. I found the sticks to be WAY too loose in the DS3 and I couldnt shoot a damn thing. I switched at the bridge and noticed the difference immediately.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
SP is fantastic on Hard. Playing through the demo level was so refreshing and tons more difficult.

MP for me is mixed. I went in expecting greatness but lag makes this feel like MGO. Yeah, I went there lol. I can shoot a guy in his face and watch him kill me then watch 2 of my squadmates shoot him so many times and he justs strafes away unscathed. It's fucking bullshit. Also, it's not very satisfying when you get killed. No vibration jolt, no special sound. The screen just fades to black and white and you slump down. It sucks actually. It's also not cool sneaking up on an enemy in a doorway and he ends up shooting you seemingly through the wall as if he was watching you the whole time (kill screen shows he just appears in the doorway instead of behind a wall.... WHAT?!?).
What in gods name are you going on about...

BeeDog

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Just need to post (vent) again because it's 2:30 in the morning here and I was screaming at my tv at all the bullshit. What happened? Back when I had shit-tard molassus Comcast before I moved, Resistance 1 was the fucking smoothest game in the world. Now with a faster connection, these games have piss-poor net code. R2's funny to play watching my bullseye tags miss enemies when I'm clearly dead on. MGO is just a fucking joke. And now this. I'm really bummed because I was looking forward to this.

:/

I found R2 to have freaking amazing netcode, and MGO wasn't really that bad from what I can remember. LittleBigPlanet still is the king of unbelievably crappy netcode.

Have you perhaps opened up the right ports or whatever? Someone else can probably help you better. Or it's simply a case of overloaded servers now in the beginning.

.GqueB. said:
If you arent using it, trying switching to the sixaxis. I found the sticks to be WAY too loose in the DS3 and I couldnt shoot a damn thing. I switched at the bridge and noticed the difference immediately.

What in gods name are you going on about...

Seriously. Even the guys coming through my tv were bitching. "what the hell, I shot that dude in the face" or "what the fuck is going on here?" etc. It's not fun watching you and 2 teammates rush a guy and he survives. I mean I watched him take many many shots after I was wounded and he survived. THAT is what I'm going on about.

BeeDog said:
:/

I found R2 to have freaking amazing netcode, and MGO wasn't really that bad from what I can remember. LittleBigPlanet still is the king of unbelievably crappy netcode.

Have you perhaps opened up the right ports or whatever? Someone else can probably help you better. Or it's simply a case of overloaded servers now in the beginning.

I've thought about that because I really don't know what I'm doing besides what i read on the net. BUT I don't think its my end because of what i posted above^.

just got done playing with a ton of gaffers, did pretty damn well too:D the controls did take some getting used to again, they seem alot more weighted than the beta was cause im still having trouble.

Top Bottom