• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

anddo0

Damn those bots are no F-ing joke.. Offline skirmish is pure gold. I'll try the thing in the later today, trying to get a feel for the maps (was not in the beta).

.GqueB.

Banned
Defuser said:
Fucking damn

It's fucking hard to dodge that Atac on Salamun bridge,it keeps on killing me with it's rockets and most of the time it wouldn't go near the arc tower.
Dont stay on top near the pillar. You can run down and to the left and theres this little hallway that provides a lot of cover. The first time I noticed this I ended up getting an achievement for beating it in under 1 min 30 seconds because its forced to go near the arc towers to get a shot at you.

Neo-Sheperd said:
New ELPRESADOR

EVE OF DESTRUCTION

What's with that weird ass laugh ? :lol

b3nack.gif

:lol I should have my copy tomorrow or today or whatever day it is. I am having a hard time pulling myself from Street Fighter 4 though.

Huggers

nib95 said:
Because Edge have completely inconsistent and unusual tastes and expected Killzone 2 to have an Oscar winning narrative and characters. Side note, they don't quite care as much about that stuff when it comes to other shooters.

Honestly, imo Edge damaged their reputation severely with that review. Adding to a list of other rather unusual scores they've given to certain games in recent times.

I'm a huge fan of Edge and have probably close to 150 issues stacked in my house (and loft), but I do agree that that review was far from their best work.

Anyway sorry to quote myself here but

The Hug Dog said:
Embarassingly I am a little stuck at one bit of the single player:
I come out on this terrace type thing and there is a ship flying around shooting at me, I have to shoot these electric pylons and it gets stuck to the electricity, I then grab the handily placed rocket launcher and shoot the said ship, rinse a repeat, trouble is, the ship keep blasting missiles and machine gun fire and I keep dying despite my best efforts to use the pillar to block its onslaught, any suggestions?

Multiplayer wise I am doing well though. I'm totally hooked. I'm addicted to the chirp

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Zeliard

Just blew up the arc tower and finished the first two stages. Pure awesomeness so far. There have already been so many random cool unscripted moments during fights, and some spectacular enemy deaths. The
tank
section was also more fun than I expected it would be, mainly because you can zoom in really closely on enemies. :lol I actually wanted that part to last a bit longer.

Full Recovery said:
Okay, I was accepting a friend request between online matches. PS3 froze.

I turn it back on, boot up Killzone and I unlock the "Wargod Ribbon - Acquire all remaining medals"

But I haven't even unlocked any of the medal trophies.. lol

Bank error in your favor.

DoomGyver

Okay, I was accepting a friend request between online matches. PS3 froze.

I turn it back on, boot up Killzone and I unlock the "Wargod Ribbon - Acquire all remaining medals"

But I haven't even unlocked any of the medal trophies.. lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Teknoman said:
Everyone who is buying a bluetooth headset for KZ2 (or already have one) please buy this:

802910b.jpg

Best bluetooth ever, and its crystal clear no matter what.

Amazing device and you can get it for an amazing price from MyMemory.co.uk.

Its €20.95 including worldwide free delivery, around $30 for US gaffers or €25 for Euro gaffers.

.GqueB.

Banned
The Hug Dog said:
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Dont stay on top near the pillar. You can run down and to the left and theres this little hallway that provides a lot of cover. The first time I noticed this I ended up getting an achievement for beating it in under 1 min 30 seconds because its forced to go near the arc towers to get a shot at you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
.GqueB. said:
I completely missed this. That explains why I found it so frustrating.

navanman said:
Amazing device and you can get it for an amazing price from MyMemory.co.uk.

Its €20.95 including worldwide free delivery, around $30 for US gaffers or €25 for Euro gaffers.

I have one of these and all I could hear last night was gun fire coming through from everyones TVs. Not many people were talking to test it, but from using it on LBP is pretty good. But not as good as the wired solution that ships with 360. Shame there is no option for one of those really..

Greg

SP is boring as fuck and the controls fail.

MP is fun (will get better with unlocks like in the beta), but I'm not sure how much SOCOM time it'll be taking away.

Azzwanker

Banned
Greg said:
SP is boring as fuck and the controls fail.

MP is fun (will get better with unlocks like in the beta), but I'm not sure how much SOCOM time it'll be taking away.

Whaaaaaaaaat? :lol You my friend .. you must be failing

Tears of joy! Well, on the inside at least. Time for me to smoke all the medicinal marijuana I have and continue onward through the campaign.

Who else is in GAF West #2? I need an invite soon :D

mr_nothin

Banned
Wow wtf...
Reminds me of the beginning of the beta but WORSE.
People standing around looking at the ground and crap.

Maybe they're admiring the graphics :lol
They've changed the controls somewhat. It feels funny...wish it felt like the beta did.
Its a little more "twitchy" in MP now than before. There seems to be more auto aim too which I hate.

Mik2121

Sweet. I just played some games with Full-Recovery, icechai, and about other 3 gaffers!. But I don't like how my clan's tag is so difficult to relate with GAF.. come on, it's "EGa2".. :( It should have been something different, imo..

Huggers

amar212 said:
You're not using the passage under the platform, which is your best and only friend.

.GqueB. said:

Thanks so much guys, I died like 10 times on that and then just gave up and went to the multiplayer, which rules

Midas

mr_nothin said:
Wow wtf...

They've changed the controls somewhat. It feels funny...wish it felt like the beta did.
Its a little more "twitchy" in MP now than before. There seems to be more auto aim too which I hate.

Yeah the controls are really weird. :( And I've noticed auto aim, which I never did during the beta.

.GqueB.

Banned
Rez said:
I completely missed this. That explains why I found it so frustrating.
How in the world did you kill it then? Did you actually kill it by using the pillar as cover? If you did then...

hats off to you. All of my hats.

ok, im done with my epic night of playing. Came home, played a little sp to get more accustomed to controls. Girlfriend cooked dinner, had some drinks and then got into multiplayer. Then discovered i need to swtih control schemes. It was sooo frustrating for like an hour, but now, i have gotten settled into the controls. I couldnt stop playing for quite a bit. Played with quite a few gafers and my fellow west coast clan. tons of fun. everyone definetely needs to get the offical sony headset. I am a little annoyed with the no party system, the communication is hard with big matches. Everyone is talking, i can barely hear my clan with tons of people. I wish i could just talk to them.

wierd thing happnd, my sixaxis totally went out, no motion control. Had to switch controllers which sucked cuz my newer one is better. seems the thumbsticks arent so loose. after awhile i switched back and it finally worked. just a wierd occurence. i took a break and played some noby noby boy, but soon had to get back to playing sp.

Mik2121

I'm on the second 'area' or whatever you want to call it, playing for my first time, and on Veteran, and I've died 19 times now.

But I just happened to 'touch' the multiplayer a bit and now I can't stop it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
.GqueB. said:
How in the world did you kill it then? Did you actually kill it by using the pillar as cover? If you did then...

hats off to you. All of my hats.
I ran around that single pillar.

I.

Am.

An.

Idiot.

:lol

also the killzone.com thing still doesnt work at all from my ps3. tried from the game, tells me i need to update flash. tried from the xmb, and it says to login, i login and get an error messge. so i never login and no flash update request. not sure what to do about that.

I'm struggling with the controls, more specifically the lag.I'm having trouble aiming, can't seem to get the hang of it and I'm sucking really bad at close quarters because of it.

Joni

About the trophy for the final part of the last level. Does the timer start counting when you
first enter the palace or does it start when you fire your first shot at Radec?

Melfice7

mr_nothin said:

I haven't tried the online yet but if that's true then wtf :s i loved the way it was in the beta

Well, walmart failed me :(
Was there at about 12.20 and they didnt have any copies of the game, asked someone there and said they didnt have any (im sure they had no effin clue at all though) but whatever.
Sucks that i wont get to join gaf east tonight. Work is gonna suck tomorrow, dammit.

mr_nothin said:
Wow wtf...

im definitely having trouble with the controls even after a couple hours which didnt happen in the beta. the controls still had weight in the beta but it was subtle, now it seems alot closer to SP controls. now i cant seem to aim at all in close quarters:lol

mr_nothin

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
im definitely having trouble with the controls even after a couple hours which didnt happen in the beta. the controls still had weight in the beta but it was subtle, now it seems alot closer to SP controls. now i cant seem to aim at all in close quarters:lol
Me neither :(

It's like the sensitivity changes by itself sometimes....it's retarded.
HOPEFULLY I can get used to it but its really weird right now :/

I hate how the press may have affected the controls

cakefoo

KennyLinder said:
I have one of these and all I could hear last night was gun fire coming through from everyones TVs. Not many people were talking to test it, but from using it on LBP is pretty good. But not as good as the wired solution that ships with 360. Shame there is no option for one of those really..
I don't have the headset, but I can say that the audio quality you hear is likely very very dependent on their mic quality.

McLovin

Man I can't believe how awesomely satisfying it is to use the shot gun and nail gun. Got to the train part gonna stop now and sleep for a half-hour :p

So I went to my Walmart and they had it in the backroom (I don't even know if they put it out because I didn't see a spot for them on the PS3 section), anyways, I bought it and was gonna come home and cancel my Amazon order, but Amazon is already preparing my order and I cannot cancel it, should I open it and play the hell out of it and return the Amazon copy to Walmart or should I do the right thing and return the Walmart copy tomorrow and wait for my Amazon one? I'm thinking the former, but I don't like doing this kind of stuff.

Mik2121

ElyrionX said:
Does this game run on dedicated servers?

I play on Asia and the game is fucking laggy. Players teleport all the damn time.
Funny thing, I'm in Asia (Japan) and the online goes silky smooth.

Top Bottom