• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

-Winnie-

If you're finding it to be laggy, play in your own region's servers. I played an Aus game and it was pretty much perfect, while playing a US game will have a little bit of lag, but nothing too serious.

Mik2121

^^^^ In my settings I have US as 'area' and I play on random games without filtering but everybody seems to be Europeans/Americans and it works great

Do the classes get unlocked as you play more? I can't say I noticed the option to change to a different one last night. I just had a dude with a gun and I shot people in the face :)

Ploid 3.0

AranhaHunter said:
So I went to my Walmart and they had it in the backroom (I don't even know if they put it out because I didn't see a spot for them on the PS3 section), anyways, I bought it and was gonna come home and cancel my Amazon order, but Amazon is already preparing my order and I cannot cancel it, should I open it and play the hell out of it and return the Amazon copy to Walmart or should I do the right thing and return the Walmart copy tomorrow and wait for my Amazon one? I'm thinking the former, but I don't like doing this kind of stuff.

Send the amazon sealed game back to walmart?

cakefoo

AranhaHunter said:
So I went to my Walmart and they had it in the backroom (I don't even know if they put it out because I didn't see a spot for them on the PS3 section), anyways, I bought it and was gonna come home and cancel my Amazon order, but Amazon is already preparing my order and I cannot cancel it, should I open it and play the hell out of it and return the Amazon copy to Walmart or should I do the right thing and return the Walmart copy tomorrow and wait for my Amazon one? I'm thinking the former, but I don't like doing this kind of stuff.
Dude, they're the exact same product. Just tell them you found a better deal.

I opened the game, probably won't play much now 'cause I'm tired.....quick question, can you get banned from PSN if you cuss on the mike? Not for insulting other members but just saying whatever you want like "Fuck", "Shit", "Bitch"?

Especially when I get pissed off or die, I might cuss more than necessary lol

AranhaHunter said:
I opened the game, probably won't play much now 'cause I'm tired.....quick question, can you get banned from PSN if you cuss on the mike? Not for insulting other members but just saying whatever you want like "Fuck", "Shit", "Bitch"?

i doubt that will be a problem.. at a normal level..

Dante

Oh man...I gotta get to sleep, but Multi Player is AMAZING, I suck, but goddamn I am going to sink a TON of hours into this.

Single player is equally as awesome, and the AI has been a blast to fight against on Veteran.

Will sleep, because it turns out I do have to go into work tomorrow. That's gonna suck :(

.GqueB.

Banned
careksims said:
Still awake.... 8 more hours til GS opens...

I'm still debating whether to do it on Normal or Hard.
50 years from now, when you look back at your life, don't you want to say you had the guts to play it on veteran?

shai-labeouf-jones-5-b.jpg

AranhaHunter said:

I called roughly 3 people "cunts" in the hour I played online just now. So... I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

.GqueB. said:
50 years from now, when you look back at your life, don't you want to say you had the guts to play it on veteran?

LOL WTF is up with that pic? Anyways, I'm gonna play the SP at least 3 times, 1 on Easy to get all the trophies and stuff, 2 on Elite, 3 on Easy again to see all the awesomeness that I missed and maybe a 4th time just for the hell of it.

2real4tv

AranhaHunter said:

I just came back from Walmart and they said it was only available online :S. Did not have this problem with Halo3, MSG4 and GeOW2. OT but I found it funny that the ps3 version of 50 cents game was sold out:lol. SFIV was also sold out.

Defuser

Ok,why the fuck Guerrilla isn't using dedicated servers? It's so damn laggy not to mention it causes network error which completely didn't save my stats.Fix this shit Guerrilla

Raist

Banned
Small trick for the
ATAC

Shoot the electric stuff when the ATAC is really close to them. Usually happens when it's closer to the walls? Then we you shoot it with the RL, aim at the bottom of the bad boy. It shoud blow the pylons at the same time, keeping the ATAC stuck. Rinse and repeat.

:D

Victarion

Defuser said:
Ok,why the fuck Guerrilla isn't using dedicated servers? It's so damn laggy not to mention it causes network error which completely didn't save my stats.Fix this shit Guerrilla
wut ?

Dude, all the servers are dedicated.

2real4tv said:
I just came back from Walmart and they said it was only available online :S. Did not have this problem with Halo3, MSG4 and GeOW2. OT but I found it funny that the ps3 version of 50 cents game was sold out:lol. SFIV was also sold out.

You mean you didn't have a problem returning the Amazon copy of those games to Walmart? Good to know :D

Defuser said:

They have dedicated servers, maybe your internet connection sucks?

I picked it up at Gamestop at midnight. I have only played offline skirmish so far since I want to familiarize myself with the objectives for multiplayer. It's an absolute blast. Everything just feels right.

Also, what a kickass intro.

Is Killzone.com broken for anyone else? I can't seem to login.

On an unrelated note... is it wrong that I played the whole game hoping that the Helghast would win? :D

Mik2121

Defuser said:
Actually it saved your stats, but for some reason it's not showing yet. If you play some more and let the stats get saved, it should work.

It happened to me a while ago, I ranked up and went to the stats and said I didn't, but when I went to play again I had the new rank already and could choose the newer weapons I unlocked. And now it's updated on the site correctly.

I'd guess it's because the servers are going crazy because of the amount of people playing, lol...

Doc Evils

Time to die ISA SCUM!:D

Going to do a second run today on easy to get me some trophies.

BTW IF you are good at FPS' I recommend playing on vet. It made the game SO much more TENSE.

Like TTP said it makes you feel Saving Private Ryan, you feel like your in a war zone.

Sometimes I would wonder why I can't feel the weapon weight on my controller. It's that gooood.:lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
AranhaHunter said:

Most people don't know that Sony do have a grief reporting facility, but yeah - I swear all the time and nothing happens. Then again I'm Scottish so most people probably don't understand my colourful usage of the English language.

mr_nothin

Banned
Man..there's seriously something "broken" about the aiming in MP now.
Wtf did they do.

The diagonal aiming is all jizzed up. It's faster than both the horizontal and vertical aim. It makes aiming wanky and it also causes my gun to start floating upwards sometimes.

This feels WEIRD. Been playing MP for some hours and it's just frustrating right now :(

EDIT: Guess I should say: "When compared to the beta"

Puck

Banned
Today was good online. Played for 2 hours, 70 points off medic badge.

Having trouble working out whether I like the original rifles or the shotgun or the SMG more though.

I like how the shotgun feels, but i hate it when i miss and the enemy kills me super easy because of its longish reaction time. The SMG is the opposite, it's super fast but it is a bit hard to control. The ISA rifle is probably my favorite at the moment, it feels heavy and it's so piss easy to kill people when you don't scope it.

You just run (and sprint a lot) and aim it at their chest and it flies up for a headset 99% of the time.

So many people standing still and shooting at me at the moment, and even more just staring in a corner.

I have just bought a PS3 BT official headset too, and it sounds like r2d2 is having sex when i have it muted. Constantly beeping at me.

Whats the best setup for the official headset? I hear a lot of echo from other people, lots of background noise and sometimes i echo too.

Zezboob

Teknoman said:
Everyone who is buying a bluetooth headset for KZ2 (or already have one) please buy this:

802910b.jpg

Best bluetooth ever, and its crystal clear no matter what.
I bought it yesterday (fucking hard to find)

My problem is.... that's too much crystal clear :lol

I need to lower the volume of my home theater or everybody hear it. There is nothing to solve this problem ?

Mik2121

You know the ONLY thing that annoys me? KILLZONE.COM

Why the fucking flying fuck do I have to keep loging-in every damn 5 minutes???????

Also, do we know already how to set the music up so it's not very high? I mean when playing MP and using your own music. For some reason it keeps playing at a very high volume and I wanna turn it down but if I go to the main sound options and turn music down, it doesn't change.

Facism

The shotgun is liking holding your dick, and every enemy is the face of your friend's hot mom. It's kinky to use.

Puck said:
I like how the shotgun feels, but i hate it when i miss and the enemy kills me super easy because of its longish reaction time.

In the beta you could do a little tiny burst of sprint in between shots and you'd be able to shoot it faster...That might work for the final game. It definitely made the shotgun not suck when you missed or couldn't finish someone off.

peetfeet

So whats the score with the Squads then?

I know you can have dedicated voice that between members and when killed you can also spawn at the squad leaders location if you want to (and if they're alive) but what else?

I saw the boxes in the top left when i was a part of a squad but had no idea what they mean, obviously a box for each member but....

koene

careksims said:
Still awake.... 8 more hours til GS opens...

I'm still debating whether to do it on Normal or Hard.

If you can't decide, start on hard mode. If you can't handle it, you can always change it to Normal.

Bodom78

Just tried out the Multi and it sucked me in for a good 4 hours. I cant believe how much fun it is and how fantastic it looks. Controls are starting to come together but there are times I just lose it. No lag on AUS region was nice too.
(Feels weird to enjoy a multilayer game that's not on the 360 :p)

Bodom78 said:
Just tried out the Multi and it sucked me in for a good 4 hours. I cant believe how much fun it is and how fantastic it looks. Controls are starting to come together but there are times I just lose it. No lag on AUS region was nice too.
(Feels weird to enjoy a multilayer game that's not on the 360 :p)

Try Warhawk if you want to enjoy another multiplayer game that's not on the 360.

nib95

Banned
I'm so stupid, here's me ringing up my concierge everyday wondering where my Collectors Edition was, and I find out I actually received it two days ago, but it was in our communal flat letter box instead lol. Not that I don't have the promo version anyway, but for some reason I've had this inner feeling telling me not to play it until I can crack open the seal on the proper thing. The case it comes in is just beautiful. Best case for it out of all of them by far.

Gowans

Just picked this up today gona fire into the Single Player then multi, I have the day off to, this & halo wars are gona make this a weekend where I don't want to leave the house.

Doc Evils

You know I imagine that a casual that buys this game and hasn't been spoilt like us with gif's, screen shots and videos is going to have their brain explode from awesome sauce.

nib95

Banned
Doc Evils said:
You know I imagine that a casual that buys this game and hasn't been spoilt like us with gif's, screen shots and videos is going to have their brain explode from awesome sauce.

Pretty much. I have a good friend of mine (casual gamer) who I invited around at the time of me playing the review copy, just to test the reactions and opinions of a casual. Pretty much every other sentence was "Oh my god!" or "Did you just see that?!". Was entertaining for me to just watch him (and for that matter my cousins) play the game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just played through the first level again (this time on vet), and enjoyed it much more than the first time. Since I was familiar with the general feel of the controls, it made everything a lot more fun, although I'm still not a huge fan of the tank section.

The scale of the level is, at times, very impressive. Looking back up the walkways you just ran across, from halfway across the map in a tank, is great.

Doc Evils said:
Or be put off by the controls, like some of my (semi-casual) friends have been, unfortunately. They're the sort who if a game doesn't click with them within a minute or two, they put it down.

I don't like it one bit, and they're missing out on a great game, but the reality is some people just want familiarity. :(

EDIT: Yeah, similar to Nib's case, there were a lot of "holy shit!" moments. It was hilarious. :lol

-Winnie-

Zezboob said:
I bought it yesterday (fucking hard to find)

My problem is.... that's too much crystal clear :lol

I need to lower the volume of my home theater or everybody hear it. There is nothing to solve this problem ?

Isn't there a voice isolation feature with the headset (ie. the one microphone records your voice and another filters out other noises)?

Doc Evils

nib95 said:
Pretty much. I have a good friend of mine (casual gamer) who I invited around at the time of me playing the review copy, just to test the reactions and opinions of a casual. Pretty much every other sentence was "Oh my god!" or "Did you just see that?!". Was entertaining for me to just watch him (and for that matter my cousins) play the game.

My favorite level
The assualt on the Palace
is like getting everything that game has done and squeezing it into 1 hectic section with squad mates and other ISA soldiers
trying to push forward and you can hear the helgahst ordering to retreat as the ISA break through
with CRAZY shit flying around all over the place makes it EPIC.

Top Bottom