• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
polyh3dron said:
Is it just me or does this game feel so 1 month ago even though it's just coming out today?

(This is by no means a criticism of the game's quality)
I know what you mean, but it's pretty sad that people would feel like that while not even actually playing the game at all. I mean by saying that you basically admit that hype means more than actual game, its gameplay, having fun with it, etc.

poweld said:
Should I ditch work early today? It's 55 degrees out, sunny, and KZ2 will get to my apt any minute now.

Help me, GAF. Help me do the right thing.

nah, it's an awesome game, but workis much more important than games, especially considering this economic downturn.

The_Shambler

Neo Member
Me and my brother pre-ordered our copies of Killzone 2. He pre-ordered from Play.com and I pre-ordered it from Shopto.net.

Both of our copies arrived yesterday at the same time!

-PXG-

I haven't had this much fun playing any shooter in a long ass time. This is fucking sex. Holy shit. I love lighting 'em with the SMG :D

poweld said:
Should I ditch work early today? It's 55 degrees out, sunny, and KZ2 will get to my apt any minute now.

ditch work and GO OUTSIDE
in KZ2 and shoot Helghast

Carlisle

poweld said:

If you're gonna ditch work to stay inside and play a game all day, you can't really use the weather to help justify it.

KZ2 is all the reason you need my friend.

ChryZ

Cruzader said:
DSC01368-1.jpg
It's okay to be excited and all, but holy shit ... what happened to the shipping box?! :lol

poweld

°°ToMmY°° said:
nah, it's an awesome game, but workis much more important than games, especially considering this economic downturn.
Meh. I'm a salary worker, and if layoffs start happening, I don't think I'd be the first to go
'cause as an entry level programmer I don't get paid enough for what I contribute ;)

Justin Dailey said:
Any anecdotal retail experiences to share? (lines, crowds, etc...)
lol, only thing I can share is the mad rush of last second preorders of this game at my Gamestop. One clerk got a pre-order in with literally 2 seconds left before Midnight. He did a mad rush to get that sucker in under immense pressure. Everyone cheered him since he go it in just in the nick of time, lol.

jmd494

MortalMonkey said:
lol, only thing I can share is the mad rush of last second preorders of this game at my Gamestop. One clerk got a pre-order in with literally 2 seconds left before Midnight. He did a mad rush to get that sucker in under immense pressure. Everyone cheered him since he go it in just in the nick of time, lol.
haha...awesome story. This is the first game on the PS3 that I really expect to light up the sales charts.

test_account

XP-39C²
andycapps said:
No problem, glad to help! I personally think it's a perfect controller for me. I'm very used to the Dualshock style controllers, and this just seems like the ultimate refinement to me. Plus, the concave triggers that are coming in the mail today will make it even better. :D
:)

Ye, i like the Dualshock style controllers as well :) I use the L1 and R1 button for aiming and fire, but i guess that those concave triggers works great if you use L2 and R2 for aiming and/or firing :)

BradleyUK said:
ELPRESADOR got his copy of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2UKeUhf3MU
Hehe nice :)

MortalMonkey said:
why did he do that?

there were six people at the midnight launch i went to. four had pre-ordered, two hadn't. i know the store called everyone that pre-ordered to tell them about it. it's a new store and the only other Gamestop on the cape almost never does midnight releases, so I'd bet the poor turnout was more down to that than anything else.

but you wanted anecdotes.

matticus

swoon said:
man this work day is going by pretty slow and to make matters worse my boss just left and it's just me in the office.

Yep, my boss and department VP are not here... I think I'm going to go pick up my preorder now.

Google

Carlisle said:
If you're gonna ditch work to stay inside and play a game all day, you can't really use the weather to help justify it.

In fact - the weather may be of detriment if the sun is shining in the living room...

It will reflect off the TV!

Synless

I love this game. As soon as I'm done doing the single player segments on Elite I will start my multiplayer voyage (somehow I got sucked into single first).

poweld

Google said:
In fact - the weather may be of detriment if the sun is shining in the living room...

It will reflect off the TV!
A) The first thing I'll do is go for a run
B) The second thing I'll do is play KZ2
C) Don't you worry about me, I've got my living room setup in just the right way to avoid any annoying glare while still getting all the delicious breeze

Hmm. HMM. OK.
Gonna deliver this bugfix, then deliver my ass home.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I need to pick up some scented candles on the way home from work while I snag my copy of this game!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm playing on Veteran and I've (third level)
just met up with Natko and Rico
. I've died a lot so far, but to be honest it's no greater challenge than Battlefield: Bad Company on hard - just make sure you line your shots and bail out when you're near death. This game is phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal. I'm loving the Bizon-clone SMG so far.

-PXG- said:
Got the "Killed the Heavy in under 1 minute" trophy.

Same here. Well cooked Grenades are my friend. :)

The_Shambler said:
Me and my brother pre-ordered our copies of Killzone 2. He pre-ordered from Play.com and I pre-ordered it from Shopto.net.

Both of our copies arrived yesterday at the same time!

I didn't want to start a Play.com vs. Shopto contest. :lol At the end of the day as long as you get the game that's all that matters.

Dreweyes

I went to the local Play N Trade to support them and pick up my copy from them.

I waited for more than half an hour after they were supposed to open, and no one ever showed up to open the shop.

So I went to Best Buy for profit.

And I can't wait to play it!

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
-PXG- said:
The Heavy?

Nah, didn't think that was a boss. I'm talking about that flying thing. Either way, I kicked its ass just now, it was really easy. I just missed that there was a place you could hide there at first, and tried fighting it out in the open -- which definitely isn't easy.

beast786

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/02/killzone-2-bots-in-multiplayer-disabled/

Guerrilla have already spotted that a number of players have been setting up games where real players take on an army of low-end bots in order to increase their experience points artificially.

In response to this tactic, they released the following statement:

“We’re disabling the ability to add bots to online games as a temporary measure against rank-up abuse. A permanent solution is forthcoming.”We welcome anything that stops people from being able to artificially unlock as many abilities as possible in a short space of time. Remember people, winnings are much better when you’ve earnt them…

-PXG-

Got to go to work soon :( At least I got to play a little bit. Now I can tell customers how amazing this shit is. My God. I haven't been this satisfied with ANY game is a loooooooooooong time.

DoomGyver

beast786 said:

Guerrilla have already spotted that a number of players have been setting up games where real players take on an army of low-end bots in order to increase their experience points artificially.

“We’re disabling the ability to add bots to online games as a temporary measure against rank-up abuse. A permanent solution is forthcoming.”We welcome anything that stops people from being able to artificially unlock as many abilities as possible in a short space of time. Remember people, winnings are much better when you’ve earnt them…
W00t, it's nice to have bots as a filler when someone drops out... but not bots that are on EASY.

At least put them on Veteran noobs.

oneHeero

beast786 said:

Thats fucken awesome.

NameIess

beast786 said:

This sucks, because I was planning to practice with some buddies online VS the bots.
Why don't they just make unranked games not impact the class system.
*People are always going to find a way to cheat the system in a MP title.*

Also, having several sounds bugs during the SP campaign. I'm using HDMI for my sound and tried disabling all audio support except for Dolby Digital and still get some audio drops during the cutscenes. I may hold off on the SP campaign until a patch is released, because I'm missing some of the dialog and it hurts the story aspect of the experience...

Bulla564

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
Any anecdotal retail experiences to share? (lines, crowds, etc...)

Went to Best Buy in SoFLA at around 11am, and they had stacks upon stacks of Killzone 2 in the shelves. Even the cashier had many copies still to sell.

Not very encouraging, but it was early... I think.

Top Bottom