• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ianp622

Has anyone seen KZ2 at RadioShack? I'm tempted to walk over there to check (it's on my campus) but I think I might just wait until I get home. If I do that, has anyone tried to get one at Gamestop without preordering and had a problem? I'm thinking I'll go to Gamestop first, then Walmart. Or should I just go to Walmart first?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Bulla564 said:
Went to Best Buy in SoFLA at around 11am, and they had stacks upon stacks of Killzone 2 in the shelves. Even the cashier had many copies still to sell.

Not very encouraging, but it was early... I think.

Today's the first "street date" for the game in the U.S...uh yeah, nothing to be discouraged about my friend. :D

I'm in the middle of Visari Square.

Impressions of this game so far:

1) OMGWTFBBQ

2) The
tank
part confused me at first, but once I figured out what I was supposed to do, it was a fun piece.

3) The first boss battle was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. No trophy for me this playthrough. :(

4) Usually, my old-school adventure and Mario-based obsession for finding all the hidden stuff gets the better of me, and I can't help but look in every nook and cranny. Not here. I'm finding myself so immersed in the story that I want to be on the battlefield with my guys when they say they need help. Collecting intel and shooting symbols is just not important to me right now. Plus, I KNOW I'm going to be giving this multiple replays.

5) This game is pretty stressful. I have to take breaks.

6) Those fast assault troops are FAST.

So far, this game is totally living up to my very high expectations.

Can't wait to play with you guys (you know who you are) later.

beast786 said:
http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/02/killzone-2-bots-in-multiplayer-disabled/

Guerrilla have already spotted that a number of players have been setting up games where real players take on an army of low-end bots in order to increase their experience points artificially.

In response to this tactic, they released the following statement:

“We’re disabling the ability to add bots to online games as a temporary measure against rank-up abuse. A permanent solution is forthcoming.”We welcome anything that stops people from being able to artificially unlock as many abilities as possible in a short space of time. Remember people, winnings are much better when you’ve earnt them…
Wouldn't an easier fix just have it so you can't gain XP against easy bots?

killzone-ddr.jpg

DDR Killzone Edition

andycapps

Full Recovery said:
Server is Up! GAF TIME TO DIE!

No password right now, if we get enough gaffers playing I'll pw it.

I'll be on later when I get home from work, go ahead and send me a clan invite if possible! Should be on around 6-7 PM EST.

swoon

matticus said:
Yep, my boss and department VP are not here... I think I'm going to go pick up my preorder now.

bad influence ! though i think once the people who work under me come back from their training thing. i'm out of here.

Picking up my copy at lunch, can't wait to try it out. I purposely didn't play the demo for maximum shock and awe. Online sounds like a lot of fun, lets see if it can replace CoD4/WaW for my go-to online FPS'.

Tenks

I booked it over to GameStop to pick up my copy. I think I'm going to wonder around the office with it in my hand and see if people think I'm a weirdo.
They just don't get it.

Mik2121

I'm searching Worldwide without level limits nor anything and even though I keep refreshing and seeing lots of servers, I can't find this one. Add password so we only need to search for secured servers.

What about password being colorzone ?

A.R.K

beast786 said:
http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/02/killzone-2-bots-in-multiplayer-disabled/

Guerrilla have already spotted that a number of players have been setting up games where real players take on an army of low-end bots in order to increase their experience points artificially.

In response to this tactic, they released the following statement:

“We’re disabling the ability to add bots to online games as a temporary measure against rank-up abuse. A permanent solution is forthcoming.”We welcome anything that stops people from being able to artificially unlock as many abilities as possible in a short space of time. Remember people, winnings are much better when you’ve earnt them…

FU*KKKKKKKK so now I can't play with my friends online vs bots???

At least allow unranked games that can be played vs bots online. Damn it!!!

John_B

I have to admit that certain segments in this game exceeded my expectations for the quality of visuals that developers would be able to do on the Playstation 3.

I completed the singleplay campaign earlier today, and it was a really great experience. The only thing bad about it was the missing connection between story and gameplay. When you play Half-Life the whole things flows like one entity, but in Killzone the story was seperated from the gameplay and the cut scenes instantly made you feel like not part of what was going on.

DoomGyver

Mik2121 said:
I'm searching Worldwide without level limits nor anything and even though I keep refreshing and seeing lots of servers, I can't find this one. Add password so we only need to search for secured servers.

What about password being colorzone ?
pass is always
believe

Try searching WW and search for games that DO NOT match your rank.

Aeon712

Since I never played Killzone 1 I had no real beef with the Hils. That is until one of them
kicked Evelyn
. Now they all have to die.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Pristine_Condition said:
4) Usually, my old-school adventure and Mario-based obsession for finding all the hidden stuff gets the better of me, and I can't help but look in every nook and cranny. Not here. I'm finding myself so immersed in the story that I want to be on the battlefield with my guys when they say they need help. Collecting intel and shooting symbols is just not important to me right now. Plus, I KNOW I'm going to be giving this multiple replays.

Same here. Normally in games I look everywhere, and don't leave an area unless I'm certain I've not missed anything out, but I feel more compelled to push forward and keep the pace going. That and since I'm playing on Veteran I feel too scared to dilly-dally about incase some Higs get the drop on me whilst i'm focused on looking for stuff. The intel/insignia hunt can wait for another playthrough.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
chimster said:
ugh ... yay for ugly Canadian box art

DSC03967.jpg

do we have a clan set up? could i get an invite psn: chimera-_-

Don't complain. At least you get spine artwork. :p

desertdroog

Sitting here in my office, trying to be code complete on a 2.0 version of our product and KNOWING that my paidoff pre-order is waiting for me at Gamestop is making for a difficult Friday.

On a humorous note, someone in this thread mentioned they were going to be blasting the theme music from "Sanford and Son" during online mp matches. I am in stitches thinking about such a prospect with all the fighting chaos and thinking to myself as Redd Fox:

*Shoots an enemy contesting a control point*

"What's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours and neither the twain shall meet, YA BIG DUMMY!"

*Harmonica plays the epilogue*

Mik2121

Full Recovery said:
pass is always
believe

Try searching WW and search for games that DO NOT match your rank.
That's what I meant with "level limit", sorry.

I have been looking around but the problem is, the stages show up by amount of players inside and because the GAF match might be at something like 3/32 or something like that, it's not showing up.

So yeah, I guess having a password should help.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So I go over to the official PS site to check out my friend's list and the first ad that comes up is for COD4 map pack half price. The 2nd one is Killzone 2 :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Wops I just noticed when playing music there's an option for the volume.

Right now I have "The Caravan In The Desert (extended)" - Gladiator OST ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rp6RtEKmM the first one playing on that vid)

Playing and goddamn it feels epic :D Like playing in a desolated planet (what Helghan is).
Is there anyway to turn it down even more outside of using the option on the XMB? I was playing sigur ros last night and I still felt it was too loud. I dont wanna be that asshole in the game who has music playing and such.

Mileena

Banned
Is this game worth it strictly for the MP? I have no interest in a single player campaign for a FPS right now. I just love fraggin me some PS3 noobs online.

Top Bottom