• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Haleon said:
And if you play a lot of CoD multi, you're probably not going to like KZ multiplayer. The aiming is just super slow (I have the sensitivity at max). I'm sure it's something I could easily get used to, but then it's going to screw me up on CoD because the aiming there will seem super fast.

Not to mention that there's some extra generous aim assist in CoD4.

ItsInMyVeins said:
One of the more stupid moments of Killzone 2 for me, so far:

I cleared an area and was supposed to move, and I stood there listening to the chatter on the com radio. Suddenly I die. I didn't know why -- all enemies were gone and I didn't get hit. Tried again, with the same result. The third time I went somewhat to the side of the level and realized that it was two of my buddies in a small vehicle who run me over each time I stood in the middle of that area.

:lol :lol :lol

-PXG-

Haleon said:
Here's my worthless 5 minute impressions:

Graphics are absolutely unbelievable.
Sound is absolutely unbelievable.
Dialogue is absolutely retarded.

And if you play a lot of CoD multi, you're probably not going to like KZ multiplayer. The aiming is just super slow (I have the sensitivity at max). I'm sure it's something I could easily get used to, but then it's going to screw me up on CoD because the aiming there will seem super fast.

Rico - FUCK!
Natko - SHIT!
Rico - SHIT!!
Natko - FUCK!!
Rico - SHIT FUCK!!!
Natko - FUCK SHIT!!!
Rico - MOTHERFUCK SHIT FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

ItsInMyVeins said:

I cleared an area and was supposed to move, and I stood there listening to the chatter on the com radio. Suddenly I die. I didn't know why -- all enemies were gone and I didn't get hit. Tried again, with the same result. The third time I went somewhat to the side of the level and realized that it was two of my buddies in a small vehicle who run me over each time I stood in the middle of that area.

Lol, same happened to me.:lol

Carlisle

-PXG- said:
Rico - FUCK!
Natko - SHIT!
Rico - SHIT!!
Natko - FUCK!!
Rico - SHIT FUCK!!!
Natko - FUCK SHIT!!!

To be fair, if I was in their situation the majority of my dialogue would be replaced with those two words as well.

Edit:
I don't even find the dialogue to be that bad, but the one part that made me cringe was (it's in the demo too so I won't spoiler it) "This is fucked up!" as they were landing on the beach in a hail of missiles and everyone around them was being evaporated. Yeah... buddy. This is fucked up. Thanks for the narration.

Duke Togo

ItsInMyVeins said:

You was in the KILLZONE dawg! lololololol

I do like the pacing of the single player, some reviews said it was similar to COD4, which is utter bullshit IMO.
You could run thru most sections in COD4 and complete the game, with KZ2 you actually need to take your time and pop the Helgans one by one before moving on.
Plays very much like KZLiberation.

Doc Evils

Always-honest said:
yeah, my plan is similar..: veteran, easy, elite.. in that order, and online in between

yeah elite is next, can't imagine how that's going to be after dieing non stop on vet.D:

I've melee'd 13/14 types don't know which one is left.:(

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I haven't reacted to the characters saying "fuck" or "shit" a lot, I just think they should have toned down pretty much all the dialouge and the ISA soldiers. The whole thing about them jumping around while shit explodes and shouting and whatnot kinda takes that omnious feeling, which I thought was present in the first one, away. It's more Like Killzone Bad Boys 2 than Killzone 2.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
CurlySaysX said:
I do like the pacing of the single player, some reviews said it was similar to COD4, which is utter bullshit IMO.
You could run thru most sections in COD4 and complete the game, with KZ2 you actually need to take your time and pop the Helgans one by one before moving on.
Plays very much like KZLiberation.

A question about this: in some areas it seems like there's just more and more Helghast coming. Is that so, or will they run out of backup after a while?

zeloe326 said:
I don't know, but I actually find Rico pretty fucking hilarious.

Same here man.

IGN (Jeff Haynes actually) thinks Rico is annoying. I personally think Rico's potty mouth adds to his character. :lol

FabCam

Man this game is insanly good. Even after playing the demo and watching a few vids, the GFX still amaze me. The most amazing parts are you are fighting in a dark area and each muzzle flash lights up the area with shadows of the people etc. It just looks incredible.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
-PXG- said:
Rico - FUCK!
Natko - SHIT!
Rico - SHIT!!
Natko - FUCK!!
Rico - SHIT FUCK!!!
Natko - FUCK SHIT!!!

ummm spoiler warning for people who have'nt played the game yet please!!!!!

CurlySaysX said:

I'm sure all of us would like to see you do that on Veteran.

YoungHav

Banned
Teetris said:
That was a fun MP game, got a bit crowded in the end!

One fucking annoying bug(?) though. The enemy transformed into my teammates for a split second for about two consecutive times. This happened more than 5 times, highly confusing since I didn't shoot them but they killed me.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA
lmao :lol

I think in certain areas they just keep coming until you reach a certain spot, like in that bridge level.
most areas have a certain amount of enemies though, and you have to clear that area before moving on.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Those dropships in the beginning are so dumb. They don't even make sense militarily. A dropship where the men ride on top, exposed? WTF?

Re: www.killzone.com

M503 Error:
Killzone Command Center Unavailable
Communications with the Command Center are down! Our technicians are working around the clock to re-establish contact. This may be the result of a Helghast attack, or the fact that the website has recently received a complete overhaul. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have the Killzone Command Center back online as soon as possible.

Oh man, those damn Helghast are trying to prevent me from watching Battle Replays at work.

Bastards.

.GqueB.

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:
A question about this: in some areas it seems like there's just more and more Helghast coming. Is that so, or will they run out of backup after a while?
In the rare sections such as this you usually have to do something and then theyll stop showing up. Like Blowing up a tank or something.

Chiggs said:
Those dropships in the beginning are so dumb. They don't even make sense militarily. A dropship where the men ride on top, exposed? WTF?
It seems to give the passengers a very high chance of survival when the thing inevitably crashes though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I played the first two levels and I really liked it. It was kind of amazing to see the game look better than its debut when I thought the debut trailer was already incredible.

icechai

Chiggs said:

i always thought of them less as "ships" themselves since they aren't but more as canoes/rafts/small boats that big ships used to ferry people ashore. Makes a lot of sense

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Chiggs said:
Yeah, I know, but they look cool as hell. :p The scene at the beginning where everyone is first taking off was extremely awesome looking. It would have been completely lost with a typical dropship.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
1UP got Helghast cupcakes delivered.
http://twitter.com/GarnettLee/status/1259295165
GarnettLee said:
Helghast cupcake delivery! http://short.to/1ddg
o6d01e.png

Carlisle

djblackice said:
Re: www.killzone.com
Oh man, those damn Helghast are trying to prevent me from watching Battle Replays at work.

Bastards.
Wow. So either we're being invaded by forces that have cut our communications or the website was recently overhauled. I wonder how they narrowed it down to just those two :lol

DaCocoBrova said:
So...is the SP as boring as many are making it out to be?
Not particularly, it looks and sounds fantastic and there are some pretty fun firefights but that's it really is just moving from one "kill zone" to the next via pathway. It's entertaining enough but the multi is just really fucking fun, it's like something out of the PC mod scene circa 1999-00, a real gamer's game.

Dartastic

I just picked up the game, and the first thing I've noticed is the ATROCIOUS grammar on the back of the box. "Their weapons no match for our military might. Predicted moderate to low resistance. Enemy morale at an all-time low."

...WTF is that shit?

KZObsessed

Ok need help on the last bit, been stuck for fucking ages
boss fight with radec, I got to the balcony, can get past the first few waves until the rocket launcher guys show up and I die pretty much instantly... need strategy! Thanx. Needs more fucking checkpoints at this bit, it's so stupid.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WTF!! I am playing multiplayer and this one player keeps fucking vanishing! Like he's there with his sniper rifle one minute and the next he VANISHES and he keeps WARPING IN AND OUT

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doc Evils said:
yeah elite is next, can't imagine how that's going to be after dieing non stop on vet.D:

I've melee'd 13/14 types don't know which one is left.:(

I had the same issue for a while, then
I melee'd one of the higgs protecting the entrance to the cannon at the beginning of last, red level
and got it.

Top Bottom