• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

DevelopmentArrested said:
ugh. first game freeze.

first of all. who's the fucking genius hosts out there that have 34 out of 32 players (somehow) in a game filled with fucking BOTS who block doorways on SMALL MAPS!

UGH. All it devolves into is a spawn camped killfest. Not what this game is intended for.
Anyways, I was in first with 60 kills and my game froze near the end. no rank points for me.

bots get replaced with people as they die, but i think the player counter doesn't change to reflect it. What's the worst is when your VIP is a bot lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TTP said:
I'll bite.

Yesterday I saw this cheater with rocket launcher running at impossible speeds grabbing all radios in a matter of secs during a S&R match.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA
How are people cheating? Is it some kind of hacking device or a bug?

icechai

Carlisle said:
So to sum up the general theme for the last few days:

20090204.jpg

Yeah?

lol brilliant

Joni

Doc Evils said:
ok so the last level isn't what I need for the melee trophy. :/

man this is going to be annoying
The Helghast with the laser sights in the level with Evelyn. That was my last Helghast

Y2Kev said:
How are people cheating? Is it some kind of hacking device or a bug?

ive havent seen a single cheater in 15 hrs of play. some suspicious deaths though!! it just fucking sucks that a lot of servers are just 'XP RANK UP XP' bullshit.

Doc Evils said:
ok so the last level isn't what I need for the melee trophy. :/

man this is going to be annoying

I'm doing the first run on veteran to unlock Elite, then the 2nd run on easy to get more accustomed to maps, etc and to get all remaining trophies like the finishing the game without dying and the 3rd one on Elite.

So I think I'm stuck.

Near the beginning, I have to defend a conoy in a dam area and I get a message saying go to Vasari Square but nothing happens and my objective remains to defend the convoy despite there being no enemies around.

Cruzader

Banned
Hey Full Recovery if you are reading, whe I tried earlier today to join from the invite, I got an error. If you can, please send me another one. thanx and is there a GAF room? Im gonna jump in right now!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
icechai said:
jesus impressive TTP, i just got engineer badge last night and unlocked health packs :) I remember from the website tutorial that it says you can only use boost ONCE per (round? stage? forget). But they did capitalize the ONCE...

Hmmm. Will check that when site is back up.

Doc Evils

JPBrowncoat said:
So I think I'm stuck.

Near the beginning, I have to defend a conoy in a dam area and I get a message saying go to Vasari Square but nothing happens and my objective remains to defend the convoy despite there being no enemies around.

did you press up on the d pad?

matticus said:
What can I say to my douchebag friends to convince them to buy Killzone 2?

Tell them there's a little thing called sensitivity that you can adjust to your liking .....

Or just have them try the demo/full game.

Doc Evils said:
is this the same section as the demo? where Helghast come out of the APC?
After the demo.
I have control of a tank and right before they mention Vasari Square, I think friendlies launch an arty strike. I'm trying to restart checkpoint and ditching the tank until the artillary takes out the enemy.

alba

Little is the new Big
yeah!

Ok so people ready for some kolorzone? :) (I can create it, or someone else) password
believe
gogo :)

JudgeN said:
Anyone have that picture of the outline of what unlocks what stuff in KZ2 multiplayer? Can you PM it to me please :D

I've been playing the Killzone 2 webgame to much. When your avatar guy come down I clicked at it to kill it :lol

just picked up my copy from blockbuster and just beat the first level and wow my ears are still ringing. the sound is really quite astounding. also, full recovery i need an invite for gaf east 1 if you see this.

KZObsessed

xerxesiani said:
Get the sniper rifle when you hear him scream something when the rocklauncher guys come, then stay behind the middle barrier, or you could save up some grenadelauncher shells and go to the far right on the balcony and pop some in their face.

Is there at least a goddamn checkpoint after that bit? I mean jeez. :/

JPBrowncoat said:
After the demo.
I have control of a tank and right before they mention Vasari Square, I think friendlies launch an arty strike. I'm trying to restart checkpoint and ditching the tank until the artillary takes out the enemy.

How long did you wait for?
I waited there for a little bit after the artillery strike had hit before it moved on, make sure you kill any straggling Helghast that are trying to run away, then move your tank near to the convoy. That's what I did and then it moved on from there, and I didn't have to get out of the tank manually either.

J2d

matticus said:
So a lot of my friends might not get it because they "heard the turning is slow" ...

Then they miss out on something special but on the other hand I want guerrilla to "fix" the controls so I hope more people complain/ hold off buying it until they do.

BradleyUK

Y2Kev said:
WTF!! I am playing multiplayer and this one player keeps fucking vanishing! Like he's there with his sniper rifle one minute and the next he VANISHES and he keeps WARPING IN AND OUT

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Sniper can go invisible with his badges.

FourSerioux said:
How long did you wait for?
I waited there for a little bit after the artillery strike had hit before it moved on, make sure you kill any straggling Helghast that are trying to run away, then move your tank near to the convoy. That's what I did and then it moved on from there, and I didn't have to get out of the tank manually either.
I'ved been waiting for a while and I've tried like three times. There's no enemies anywhere and now my
tank
is toast. I'm standing on the objective symbol and nobody is moving.

Dever

Banned
Beat it. :D Awesome game, Veteran first time through was a bitch. Considering the my number of deaths I'd rather play through it again on Veteran before going Elite. The game was much harder than I'd anticipated, and the final battle was a little too much so. The part before that fight was aaamaaazinngg though. The ending has me craving for KZ3.

FFObsessed said:
Is there at least a goddamn checkpoint after that bit? I mean jeez. :/

I think there's a little more to go after that. Yeah, I was pissed too. :p

matticus

KernelPanic said:
Tell them there's a little thing called sensitivity that you can adjust to your liking .....

Or just have them try the demo/full game.

Yeah, I told them, but it's "still not as fast as COD" ... I told them it's not supposed to be, but I don't think they get it.

So apparently, every game from now on needs to play like COD or it is a bad game.

Doc Evils

JPBrowncoat said:
After the demo.

did you destory all the tanks?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
matticus said:
What can I say to my douchebag friends to convince them to buy Killzone 2?
Tell them that in any other FPS any normal player would have fucked them anyway when someone comes up from behind. Otherwise, when turning I always walk to the left at the same time, it's a little bit faster and you could dodge some bullets too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
heh, amazon sent me a "sorry your package was delayed" email. I read it right after I picked it up from the front door. :D TIME TO DIE

KZObsessed

Dever said:
I think there's a little more to go after that. Yeah, I was pissed too. :p

oh ffs. I can't even get to that bit now. The bit before this was really quite easy as well, and incredibly awesome.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Can someone explain how you use the medic? I have chosen to medic as I unlocked it but during a match I caanot revive people...though it shows me their distance and time iirc...

.GqueB.

Banned
blackMamba1187 said:
Played some multi with ya'll earlier and realized I should probably do some campaign until the controls quick. I'll be back at multi- later on.
If you get the controls to "click" (I assume thats what you meant) in campaign then youll have an even tougher time in MP.

Top Bottom