• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

h3ro

Y2Kev said:
WTF!! I am playing multiplayer and this one player keeps fucking vanishing! Like he's there with his sniper rifle one minute and the next he VANISHES and he keeps WARPING IN AND OUT

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

:lol

A new meme born...

inner-G

Banned
Y2Kev said:
WTF!! I am playing multiplayer and this one player keeps fucking vanishing! Like he's there with his sniper rifle one minute and the next he VANISHES and he keeps WARPING IN AND OUT

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA
Isn't there some kind of cloaking you can use?

Chiggs said:
Those dropships in the beginning are so dumb. They don't even make sense militarily. A dropship where the men ride on top, exposed? WTF?

They addressed this in the KZ2 E3 05 trailer commentary that was released a few weeks ago. They said it's supposed to look ragged. Their view is that the ISA are improvising and so they just grabbed an average transport vehicle and fitted it with some things and went into war. You have to remember that they feel that this thing is going to be easy for them. So they really aren't thinking of any real consequences. They also aren't going in with masks even though the air on Helghan is extremely toxic if you're exposed to it over an extended period of time.

Y2Kev said:

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

:lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Digital-Hero said:
IGN (Jeff Haynes actually) thinks Rico is annoying. I personally think Rico's potty mouth adds to his character. :lol

Same here. After all, he is Mr. What The Fuck Is A Shakespeare.

Chiggs said:
Those dropships in the beginning are so dumb. They don't even make sense militarily. A dropship where the men ride on top, exposed? WTF?

During WW2, soldiers of the Soviet Union would ride in trains with no doors - it makes loading and unloading easier. Not to mention that everyone can GTFO in an emergency.

But Killzone 2's dropships bear more in common with Tank Desants than anything else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_desant

Nizz

Can't wait till tonight. :D Brother picked up a copy for me early this morning. Just gotta wait till he gets here later tonight. Single player for me first...

matticus

mr_nothin said:
There's something SUPER fucing weird about the controls now.

Ok for one...the diagonal speed. Try this out: Move on just the Y axis...up and down THEN move on just the X axis..back and forth. NOW move diagonally. Why the hell is the diagonal speed like 1.5x faster than when you just press on 1 axis. It completely messes me up.

Ok NOW on to the 2nd problem.
This 1 might take a few tries to notice. Alrighty, SNATCH the joystick like you're trying to hurry up and track somebody (horizontally of course) and make sure you're hitting the outsider edge of the analog's wall. See that little "delaying/momentum" motion there...you can see the acceleration taking place perfectly fine right there. Now do some quick moves w/o hitting the outer edge.....there's no more of that acceleration thing happening. It moves along smoothly, almost starting off at full speed already. This makes doing my more presice aiming a pain in the ass. And also makes me skip way ahead of the person i'm trying to track (only sometimes)

There's also more auto-aim thrown in and it doesnt alway auto-aim right. Especially when you're doing that 1st zoom in of the scopes. (the game actually puts your ironsights on the guy for you pretty much) But it doesnt always work right or at all...sometimes i'll end out aiming at nothing..like 2 feet away from the target.

They've also slowed down the ironsight's sensitivity. The hip shooting/ironsight shooting sensitivity ratio is now alot bigger. So if I up the sensitivity because I want the sensitivity to be higher for the ironsight then my hipshooting and general aiming will be fucked up.

A little background on me.
I was Mr. "OMFG BETA IS AWESOME - 100+ hours put in" right next to FFOBsessed. I was #1 in headshots in the beta by a long shot and without cheating. There is definatly something funny going on with the controls now.

They had it perfect in the beta. WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT :(
Oh and they added more recoil to the ISA rifle too.

I dont know what it is. Maybe it's because I was lagging a little bit or something. Maybe I just need to get used to the new controls again. But i've already put in like 6 straight hours with no success :( I hope all hope is not lost for me.

This is slightly disheartening. Are others who were in the beta feeling the same way? How about those who weren't in the beta ... any trouble with the controls in MP?

cameltoe

Dartastic said:
I just picked up the game, and the first thing I've noticed is the ATROCIOUS grammar on the back of the box. "Their weapons no match for our military might. Predicted moderate to low resistance. Enemy morale at an all-time low."

...WTF is that shit?

Its from a trailer, you would need to see it to put it into context.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Ok need help on the last bit, been stuck for fucking ages
boss fight with radec, I got to the balcony, can get past the first few waves until the rocket launcher guys show up and I die pretty much instantly... need strategy! Thanx. Needs more fucking checkpoints at this bit, it's so stupid.
Don't ever stand still. Move from side to side. Use sniper rifle. And keep Rico alive.

icechai

Danne-Danger said:
By the way guys, the Shotgun in MP, yay or nay?

I kinda feel that it's a bit too powerful as it is now (from both sides of the barrel).

Yay, 10 ft away and it takes a lot more shotgun hits to kill you, i pistoled all shotgun users that weren't close to me last night on my way to 2 of my sidearm ribbons :D

icechai

matticus said:
This is slightly disheartening. Are others who were in the beta feeling the same way? How about those who weren't in the beta ... any trouble with the controls in MP?

was in Beta, didn't play as much as Mr_Nothin but I also had a top rank badge. Controls took 2 games to get used to compared to beta, I like how assault rifle recoils more, as the gold standard I still hold everything to is Counter-Strike, and now it feels more like it with the recoil.

Mik2121

matticus said:
Never been on the beta. No problems with the controls at all. It's harder to point at an enemy, but that makes the headshots feel even better :D

Loudninja

matticus said:

I have no idea what he is talking about everything feels the same to me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Danne-Danger said:
By the way guys, the Shotgun in MP, yay or nay?

I kinda feel that it's a bit too powerful as it is now (from both sides of the barrel).

Shotgun is very powerful, but it's also very difficult to use. It takes ages to level after recoil so you have to time your shots very carefully. If you miss just once, you are pretty much fucked against a rifle. Unless your opponent sucks.

Dunlop

Wife picked the game up for me. I have to watch the kids tonight....so they'll be going to sleep at 6pm :D '

Any neogaf canuck clan forming?

PSN: Dunlop75

Dartastic

cameltoe said:
Its from a trailer, you would need to see it to put it into context.

Even if it is from a trailer, it's fucking stupid to have it so out of context. The grammar on the back of the box is broken.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
matticus said:
Thanks ... I guess I'll find out for myself in a couple hours. Ok ... how to get out of work early... hmmm
You need a period at the end of your sentence.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok since killzone.com is down I'll ask here.

I'm trying to get the 10 boost ribbons with the Assault class. I managed to get 1/8 yesterday no prob, but now I'm not getting shit, no matter how many times I use boost. What's up with that?

Almost General btw. Scout here I come.

icechai

a note on being base camped: There are usually 3 ways out of your base, plus 2 spawn points can be placed by tactician, plus you can wait for you squad leader to get by and respawn on him. A decent organized team with mics almost can always turn a base camping situation around.

Xater

HAHAHA

I was just spawning in a corridor tunred on my disguise and then 3 Helghast came around the corner. They didn't shot at me and I unloaded a whole clip into them. The result was 3 headshots. :lol

Man I love this game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Y2Kev said:
You need a period at the end of your sentence.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

I'll bite.

Yesterday I saw this cheater with rocket launcher running at impossible speeds grabbing all radios in a matter of secs during a S&R match.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

The default controls actually feel good for me in the retail version of the game whereas I had to up the sensitivity a notch with the demo.

I cannot rotate that fucking valve with the stupid sixaxis, and yes I press R1 and L1 and I rotate it counter clockwise as it says I should, but it doesn't a damn thing, I had to take a break because that was irritating the shit out of me.

Chiggs

Gold Member
SolidSnakex said:
They addressed this in the KZ2 E3 05 trailer commentary that was released a few weeks ago. They said it's supposed to look ragged. Their view is that the ISA are improvising and so they just grabbed an average transport vehicle and fitted it with some things and went into war. You have to remember that they feel that this thing is going to be easy for them. So they really aren't thinking of any real consequences. They also aren't going in with masks even though the air on Helghan is extremely toxic if you're exposed to it over an extended period of time.

Thanks.

icechai

TTP said:
Ok since killzone.com is down I'll ask here.

I'm trying to get the 10 boost ribbons with the Assault class. I managed to get 1/8 yesterday no prob, but now I'm not getting shit, no matter how many times I use boost. What's up with that?

Almost General btw. Scout here I come.

jesus impressive TTP, i just got engineer badge last night and unlocked health packs :) I remember from the website tutorial that it says you can only use boost ONCE per (round? stage? forget). But they did capitalize the ONCE...

man, you guys level up so fast. in the gaf server i was already seein snipers, and freakin flying robots. Those things make the most menacing sounds ever.

ugh. first game freeze.

first of all. who's the fucking genius hosts out there that have 34 out of 32 players (somehow) in a game filled with fucking BOTS who block doorways on SMALL MAPS!

UGH. All it devolves into is a spawn camped killfest. Not what this game is intended for.
Anyways, I was in first with 60 kills and my game froze near the end. no rank points for me.

FFObsessed said:
Ok need help on the last bit, been stuck for fucking ages
boss fight with radec, I got to the balcony, can get past the first few waves until the rocket launcher guys show up and I die pretty much instantly... need strategy! Thanx. Needs more fucking checkpoints at this bit, it's so stupid.

Get the sniper rifle when you hear him scream something when the rocklauncher guys come, then stay behind the middle barrier, or you could save up some grenadelauncher shells and go to the far right on the balcony and pop some in their face.

Carlisle

So to sum up the general theme for the last few days:

20090204.jpg

Yeah?

Top Bottom