• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

F#A#Oo said:
Can someone explain how you use the medic? I have chosen to medic as I unlocked it but during a match I caanot revive people...though it shows me their distance and time iirc...

You have to press one of the directions on the DPad (I think it's right, but I haven't played the beta in awhile so I could be wrong), that'll select your revive gun.

FabCam

SolidSnakex said:
You have to press one of the directions on the DPad (I think it's right, but I haven't played the beta in awhile so I could be wrong), that'll select your revive gun.

What killing weapon does the mdeic have? I really want to play as medic but only if he can defend himself well and isn't just a sitting duck. (haven't unlocked him yet :p)

andycapps

xBerserker said:
Ahh, good idea. :: goes off to induce vomiting ::

Yep, just tell them it was projectile vomit while you're standing there talking to them. They'll want you to get out of their face really fast.
Man this day is going slow! Another hour and twenty minutes for me

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally picked it up. Ready for some gaf games! Also looking to join up with the gaf east clan.

So far, the aiming takes some getting used to. So slow and sluggish...

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
FabCam said:
What killing weapon does the mdeic have? I really want to play as medic but only if he can defend himself well and isn't just a sitting duck. (haven't unlocked him yet :p)
You can use the standard rifle.

I'm making a video of my problem and then I'm just going to try restarting the whole section. Really annoying. Also, before I starting recording,
I made my tank bug out and flip upside down somehow and it killed me
. :lol

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
xBerserker said:
vomit on your desk?

That's too messy, and the smell stays around forever, kind of like ... well, I won't go there but I'm gonna go a different route.

*does a google search for visible symptoms of e-coli poisoning*

andycapps said:
Yep, just tell them it was projectile vomit while you're standing there talking to them. They'll want you to get out of their face really fast.
Man this day is going slow! Another hour and twenty minutes for me

3 hrs 15 mins for me :( I'm going to go home for lunch and play Killzone 2 for 30 mins :lol

KZObsessed

xerxesiani said:
Get the sniper rifle when you hear him scream something when the rocklauncher guys come, then stay behind the middle barrier, or you could save up some grenadelauncher shells and go to the far right on the balcony and pop some in their face.

Am I safe from rockets behind the middle barrier? Sniped two of them then one from the left blew me up. This but is really really shitty I think. If there was a checkpoint before the rocket launcher guys it'd be ok.

Liberty4all

Banned
Here are my general thoughts:

Bamelin said:
I played multiplayer for about 5 hours last night, from 9 PM until I passed out drunk as a skunk at 3 in the morning.

It's a CoD4 level of addiction all over again ... maybe even more so. I really wanted to watch a movie with my wife but I just had to unlock one more rank so I could get a shiny new gun.

Some thoughts: The map design is stupendous. STUPENDOUS. Easy to learn, hard to master, with many different corridors, both vertical and horizontal routes.

The game is only going to get better -- right now nobody has ranked up enough to unlock engineer classes (so all those strategically placed turrets that need repairs aren't being used right now), there are very few medics, no scouts, etc ... yet I was completely hooked just running around the maps with just the basic guns.

The game modes are hot, you really feel like there is a massive battle going on thanks to massive maps that have a fair share of huge open spaces, as well as nice narrow tunnel/choke points. And the graphics? OMG the graphix. Best looking shooter I've ever seen done online, particularly considering there are 32 people playing per match. SIngle player on the other hand is probaly the best looking shooter period.

Squad play is a joy with players able to easily squad up (you have to rank up once before you can create squads), and the squad leader acting as a mobile spawn point. I was playing with randoms but my squads seriously fucked up boatloads of people. I can only imagine the joy of playing this with friends.

Don't know what else to say.

This IS the best shooter on any console right now, in looks, in gameplay, in features, in basically everything. This IS the game PS3 fans have been waiting for, it's a game that I could easily say "yeah you need to buy a PS3 for Killzone 2" whereas before I'd have to add multiple titles to justify the purchase. This is a game that's going to move PS3's, will sit in your drive for eons, will make you become intimately familiar with the dual shock over the next year.

This is the game we've been waiting for.

cv0013.jpg

20090204.jpg

alba

Little is the new Big
Teetris said:
Can't find it, any specific search criteria?

search for passworded game i guess! (worldwide too maybe)

name: KOLORZONE!
pass:
believe

I removed the bots so we only play together :) (still nobody *cries*)

Applesauce said:
That's too messy, and the smell stays around forever, kind of like ... well, I won't go there but I'm gonna go a different route.

*does a google search for visible symptoms of e-coli poisoning*

mmmm, how about saying you have explosive diarrhea, and wipe some chocolate on your hands :lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I picked up the 2nd to last copy at my local Best Buy on my way home from work at around 2:30 this afternoon. This game must be selling phenomenally well. Its a huge Best Buy. The last game I remember them selling out of was Vice City.

I'm watching the intro now. Game looks awesome. I'm so stoked. Now to get down to business....

h3ro

Choke on the Magic said:
Okay question: So the Helghast have to where the mask to survive on their planet right? So why doesn't the ISA have to?

I thought it was because the atmosphere has caused the Helghast to be born with a screwed up respiratory system, leading to the masks being a necessity for respiration. Humans don't need them yet since they haven't been on Helghan too long.

Wow, defending Visari Square was FUN.

I loved taking on
the two Heavies with the mounted machine guns. That made short work of them!

This game is getting better and better.
I loved the flamethrower.
The room-to-room and tight corridor combat is really the strongest point of this game to me so far.

alba

Little is the new Big
dunno, worked fine yesterday.... i'm in now (just recreated to make sure)

ohh maybe shut down the game and download the update? :p
should do that I guess lol

Gowans

Really enjoying the game, especially the multiplayer.

But a few things and stopping it being really really great with me and it's only little things I wish were tweaked.

I'm playing the the Alt 2 setup and man the DS3 is not made for this, my hand has gone into shapes holding the pad it's never meant to do. (also the dead zones are two bug and sticks so loose it feels like there is a disconnection for me, amplified by the feel of the game).

Menu lag causes me head pain and also with online, what the hell with no invites for friends?

Rant over back to playing the campaign and onto the online for the night in 30mins or so.

Hit me up, Gowans007

h3ro said:
I thought it was because the atmosphere has caused the Helghast to be born with a screwed up respiratory system, leading to the masks being a necessity for respiration. Humans don't need them yet since they haven't been on Helghan too long.

Okay that makes sense. I wonder if the ISA has a good pension plan in case they come back with Helghan War Syndrome or something.

NIN90

While the desert map is visually stunning, it's also the lamest map to play. :(
It's 80% sprinting because the map is just too big, even with 32 players.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Got it right after class and played up through Salamun Bridge. Absolutely fantastic. I tried a game of Skirmish and thought that MP has a lot of potential but haven't actually gotten online yet. I have to leave for a retreat but I'll have some time to sink my teeth into it again on Sunday.

Negaiido

dhelfric said:
While the desert map is visually stunning, it's also the lamest map to play. :(
It's 80% sprinting because the map is just too big, even with 32 players.

thats why multiple spawnpoints are handy, and also groups. You can spawn at the leader.

Choke on the Magic said:
Okay question: So the Helghast have to wear the mask to survive on their planet right? So why doesn't the ISA have to?

The "gunk" in the air is bad for long term health. In the short term its okay although it might be like inhaling smog.

Top Bottom