• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Just grabbed it from gamestop on my lunch break. I'll somehow have to pry myself away from SFIV, but looking forward to playing. Online sounds awesome, except for the bizarre auto-aim issues, but since I never played the beta/demo hopefully I won't have a problem.

Not sure if this was answered and I can't find any info but is it possible to play custom soundtracks during multiplayer/online at least?

~Kinggi~

Banned
These controls fucking suck. Good god, i was all like "OMG this is awesome!" then i got to control it. Floaty as shit and for some reason there seems to be a serious lag of delay whenever i try to move. I got sensitivity all the way up.

I guess this is what happens when you try to build a control scheme to suport all the fancy hand movements and head bobs that are going on.

Core407

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
These controls fucking suck. Good god, i was all like "OMG this is awesome!" then i got to control it. Floaty as shit and for some reason there seems to be a serious lag of delay whenever i try to move. I got sensitivity all the way up.

I guess this is what happens when you try to build a control scheme to suport all the fancy hand movements and head bobs that are going on.

:lol Stop running and gunning and use cover. You do realize that running + shooting makes your accuracy damn near complete shit at distances. It's all about stopping, crouching and popping. It's cool if the game isn't for you, but it is far from floaty.

andycapps

~Kinggi~ said:

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Interfectum

~Kinggi~ said:

Learn to play the game scrub. :lol

andycapps said:
FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Have you played the game yet? Sorry if you have, haven't really read much of the thread. But that's way off. The controls feel "heavy", not "floaty". I wouldn't want them any other way.

Gowans

I'm a tall guy in life so this camera height is really off putting to me along with the focused field of vision.

I feel like I'm a kid fighting with these taller guys, once you notice it you can't unsee it.

~Kinggi~ said:

Give it some time it will grow on you.
You might even enjoy the gameplay more than you realize at this time.

Dante

~Kinggi~ said:

:lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i hate how the screen shakes/vibrates whenever you go through the options. seriously, who thought that was a great idea?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
~Kinggi~ said:

Hmmm, i'm going to have to agree with this. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so much better implemented in other games. I'd like about 300% more sensitivity. I see a bad guy, and it's soooooooo slowwwwwwww tooooooo turnnnnnnnnnnn anddddddd fireeeeee.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I love how everyone is laughing at my problems with the controls, given this is the first fps game ive bought in years in which it's taken me more than 5 minutes to get the hang of.

Subtle movements are nearly hopeless with these controls. I try to move slightly and sometimes the game doesnt even respond, so i have to push the trigger again and then i overshoot where i want to end up.

This would have been a good PC release. On higher difficulties the AI actually seems comperable and yet the controls make things so much more difficult.

~Kinggi~ said:
I love how everyone is laughing at my problems with the controls, given this is the first fps game ive bought in years in which it's taken me more than 5 minutes to get the hang of.

Subtle movements are nearly hopeless with these controls. I try to move slightly and sometimes the game doesnt even respond, so i have to push the trigger again and then i overshoot where i want to end up.

This would have been a good PC release. On higher difficulties the AI actually seems comperable and yet the controls make things so much more difficult.

Give it a chance. Adapt to the requirements of planet Helgan.

~Kinggi~ said:

Then why not practice instead of posting on GAF dude. This would have been an incredible PC release. Was it just a rumor that KZ2 would support kb/mouse?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They killed Garza? :( he was my favorite :( I am not happy :( that sucked :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And seriously I love the controls, they work great.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
~Kinggi~ said:

Don't worry, a lot of us have been playing console FPS for years and it all took us at least a few hours to get the hang of it.

And yes, I also have the subtle movement thingy. Just put the sensitivity down to defualt and play through the single player. You'll get used to it. Oh, and don't change the control scheme. Guerrilla ain't gotta fix shit.

Choke on the Magic said:
Then why not practice instead of posting on GAF dude. This would have been an incredible PC release. Was it just a rumor that KZ2 would support kb/mouse?

The thing is... People want Keyboard and mouse for increased reticule precision and control.

When you think about the Killzone 2 design... It would be REALLY annoying that the guy turns slowly even though you are rolling the mouse quickly.

It wouldn't work... Unless they fundamentally changed Killzone2 into something like a twitch shooter like Unreal Tournament3 where you can spin on a dime... It wouldn't be Killzone anymore.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
End of Refinery spoilers below:

That Electric dude was easy as hell. Didn't even get hit once by him. Another bronze medal in the bag. The Electric Gun is a mobile rape machine, I'm lovin' it. Well, I was before they took it away.

And oh yeah: Garza. :(

Doc Evils said:
ok so the last level isn't what I need for the melee trophy. :/

man this is going to be annoying

I found the melee trophy easy to get, as my primary strategy for killing Higs before the desert level was to soften them up with gunfire, and then run in meleeing. Uncharted style.

Foil

commish said:
i hate how the screen shakes/vibrates whenever you go through the options. seriously, who thought that was a great idea?

I hated that in the demo. Horrible design choice. It actually gave me a headache. Sad to hear it wasn't taken out for the final version of the game. Hopefully they can patch it and remove that effect, or atleast give people an option to turn it off.

andycapps

~Kinggi~ said:

Sorry, your post was just a perfect time to post that meme. Just play it some more and try to get used to it. From what I hear (I'll be playing it myself in about an hour and a half), it's best if you stick with the default sensitivity and get used to it. But yeah, this is a different style of game than Halo, COD4, or really any other popular shooter. Much harder to hit your targets, and that's by design. It's supposed to be hard.

Core407

Banned
My only complaint is that there aren't independent settings for SP/MP. I want to play SP with HUD off but I want it on in MP. With it off, you don't have access to the player names, location markers or radar. It looks a lot cleaner and sometimes it's easier to see without a HUD but for the most part, having the HUD on is a good thing.

deepbrown

Foil said:
I hated that in the demo. Horrible design choice. It actually gave me a headache. Sad to hear it wasn't taken out for the final version of the game. Hopefully they can patch it and remove that effect, or atleast give people an option to turn it off.
Uh...it's an old fashioned TV...it's not just an "effect" - it's the whole aesthetic.

Oni Jazar

UntoldDreams said:
The thing is... People want Keyboard and mouse for increased reticule precision and control.

Would be funny if the speed of kb+mouse movements were translated it to a real person. He would look like some crack addled monkey. Percision aiming is not instant.

Achtius

This game is causing really bad motion sickness...but worth it...
I can't play it any longer today, gotta take break. :lol :lol :lol

deepbrown

Choke on the Magic said:
Edit: ^ okay I get it.:lol
Really? I think it plays fine. I wouldn't mind an option for higher sensitivity though. Mines up all the way.
That's your problem...put the sensitivity down. It's more accurate that way :) Put it about three notches down. Trust in me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
andycapps said:
Sorry, your post was just a perfect time to post that meme. Just play it some more and try to get used to it. From what I hear (I'll be playing it myself in about an hour and a half), it's best if you stick with the default sensitivity and get used to it. But yeah, this is a different style of game than Halo, COD4, or really any other popular shooter. Much harder to hit your targets, and that's by design. It's supposed to be hard.

Damn, i wish Resident Evil 5 had the support of the Killzone fanbase when it came to controls.

lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kinggi, I'd say play with default controls, and stick with it. It wasn't until, say, the fifth or sixth level that the controls really felt right to me.

I can understand you not wanting to invest the time to get used to them, being asked to play a game for that long before a control scheme sinks in isn't ideal, but it is worth getting the hang of the controls, because the game is a fair bit of fun.

---

On a side note: I love the menus the game! You guys are crazy. =p

Holy shit this game is pretty. I thought Crysis had spoiled me on graphics for the rest of this gen. There is some impressive scenery in Killzone 2 for sure.

I'm loving the cover system. It sort of reminds me of the original halo 2 trailer, in a good way.

Core407

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Damn, i wish Resident Evil 5 had the support of the Killzone fanbase when it came to controls.

lol

RE5 has no control issues. People are just too retarded to understand what a design choice is and what an issue really is. The shit makes me wish gaming was still hardcore and not for the mainstream. Adding the ability to run and gun would completely ruin the whole game. The entire point of having to stand and shoot is to add tension and create the situations that make the game so fucking enjoyable. This shit just angers me, stupid gamers who don't know anything about nothing

nib95

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:

I know it's a clichéd thing to say, but the truth is, you suck at the game. It's ok though, after you come to terms with that and stop blaming the game, and then start practising, you might start to control it more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhuiJvBgaI

Just picked up my copy while at lunch. It's sitting on my desk just screaming at me to go home early and play it. :lol

Must be responsible, must be responsible.

Hellion

This game is fantastic. If Guerrilla was going for realism then....FUCKING ACHIEVED.

I have no words people complain about the controls....It's no COD4 this game is different, because of that it's awesome.

mYm|17|

Just tried out teh demo, game is at work which cousin will bring home soon, but man the game is so pretty and was fun.

Controls you need to get used to but they work good. I definitely need to change the sensitivity on teh analogs and they are just too tight when trying to turn

Flunkie

Banned
Walmart doesn't have it in and that's the only place that I have that sells videogames for 45 miles. FML.

Not like I was going to have time to play tonight, but still.. lol.

DangerStepp

Fenderputty said:
Just picked up my copy while at lunch. It's sitting on my desk just screaming at me to go home early and play it. :lol

Must be responsible, must be responsible.

HOLD OUT!!!

I'm suffering with you. I'm picking it up on the way home from work and then I hafta do the whole girlfriend/Friday night thing.

Why couldn't it have come out on a Tuesday? :(

Top Bottom