• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

F#A#Oo

Banned
FFObsessed said:
No no don't be silly. It's a percentage. Weekly honor 4 is the best one, it's a Gold Trophy I believe. In the Beta it was the top 1% of players during a one week period. So if there's 2 million registered users online, which there will be at least, then you have to finish in the top 20,000 players in the weekly leaderboards, just once, during any week. They're measured from a Sunday to the next Sunday.

At least that's what it was in the Beta, I assume it's the same in the full game.

I see...sounds ok. Dunno if I would be able to achieve it though...we'll see...:D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
F#A#Oo said:
So you need to be ranked from 1-4 on a weekly basis? WTF? how is that even possible?

It's based on percentage. Like being among the top 5%, 10%, 30% or whatever of the weekly leaderboard.

Obsessed, do I really have to deal with that site? Is it necessary? Can't we just use the built in functions?

F#A#Oo said:
So you need to be ranked from 1-4 on a weekly basis? WTF? how is that even possible?

It's not literally one though four. Each # represent and a percentage range. I'm not sure if points are the criteria or what either. I'm also not sure on the percentages.

In principal though, level 1 would be like the top 5%. Level two is the top 20% Level three 50% etc etc.

At least that's how it was explained to me some while ago.

EDIT: beaten

SSM25

DeeVoc said:
Oh man, screw the "Play the way GG intended with the default controls" camp. ALT2 + Hold to zoom is the way to go, it more or less cleared up my problems with the controls. The sluggish aiming isn't felt as much when you can easily zoom out to your next target rather that trying to mess with R3. Since I have the trigger extensions it's not too much of a hassle to keep an extra finger over L2 for cover, although I'd imagine it'd be painful without them.

I kind of agree, ALT 2 with zoom hold works wonders for me.

By the way, I have replayed this demo like crazy :D

Mik2121

TTP said:
It's based on percentage. Like being among the first 5%, 10%, 30% or whatever of the weekly leaderboard.
That makes it sound a bit easier... but still, gotta be a pain in the ass, unless I happen to be good at this shooter (I'm kind of good at CoD4 and used to be good at CS back in the day, but now..?)

Oh well, I just can hope people don't get used to no auto-aiming feature so I can kick their ass!

Also, is there some kind of radar in the multiplayer, or some way to know that there's an enemy around you other than straight seeing him? Because if not, then it will be easier (I love sneaking around, I have the radar jam as one of my perks in CoD4 lol and I get tons of kills thanks to that)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mik2121 said:
That makes it sound a bit easier... but still, gotta be a pain in the ass, unless I happen to be good at this shooter (I'm kind of good at CoD4 and used to be good at CS back in the day, but now..?)

Oh well, I just can hope people don't get used to no auto-aiming feature so I can kick their ass!

Also, is there some kind of radar in the multiplayer, or some way to know that there's an enemy around you other than straight seeing him? Because if not, then it will be easier (I love sneaking around, I have the radar jam as one of my perks in CoD4 lol and I get tons of kills thanks to that)

There is a radar, but it only shows enemies when they are firing (unless game was created with the "show all" option checked).

marvelharvey said:
I asked this in the other thread, but is there any way to turn off the motion blur?

No.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
It's based on percentage. Like being among the top 5%, 10%, 30% or whatever of the weekly leaderboard.

Obsessed, do I really have to deal with that site? Is it necessary? Can't we just use the built in functions?

I think it's necessary to sign up for this tournament, as we don't want the spaces to be filled up before the game comes out. After that tho I don't think we'll have to use it at all. I certainly don't like it, took me ages to figure out what to do, awful layout.

It's just DunpealD PM'd me and told me to get my ass registered. :p But I think we only need to register the clan name right, rather than every individual? I'm not sure how it works, send a PM to DunpealD. I think it's just a one off for this tournament.

DunpealD

TTP said:

It looks like the whole tournament is tied to that site. So I guess you'll have to deal with it as a necessary evil :/

EDIT: I'm going to check it up again.

DeeVoc

Neo Member
SSM25 said:
I kind of agree, ALT 2 with zoom hold works wonders for me.

R3/L3 should be used for nothing more than honking your horn in driving games, anyone who tries to do more with them is going down a dark path :eek:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DunpealD said:
It looks like the whole tournament is tied to that site. So I guess you'll have to deal with it as a necessary evil :/

EDIT: I'm going to check it up again.

Sorry, I didn't investigate this tournament thing. What is it about? Why should we participate?

matmanx1

Yeah, I know Im really late with this but awesome job on the Official Thread here. Hat's off to you who worked on it and I can't wait for KZ2!

KZObsessed

TTP said:
Sorry, I didn't investigate this tournament thing. What is it about? Why should we participate?

The winner gets to face Guerrilla Games, and I'm guessing that replica Helghast rifle on the PS Blog will be the reward...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
The winner gets to face Guerrilla Games, and I'm guessing that replica Helghast rifle on the PS Blog will be the reward...

Invitation accepted!

DunpealD

TTP said:

It's a tournament that launches 1 week after the release of the game, the winners will get to play against GG. Dunno if there are any extra prices, though.

EDIT: beaten and I suppose there's a chance that the replica might be a prize.

EDIT2: As far as I can see the registration at that site is mandatory. But you better take a look at it yourselves, before I get something wrong.

Question: based on the story of KillZone, are we supposed to feel good about killing he Helgast? After reading the story, I felt less enthused, not more. Damn near guilty.

Dreams-Visions said:
Question: based on the story of KillZone, are we supposed to feel good about killing he Helgast? After reading the story, I felt less enthused, not more. Damn near guilty.

The ISA/UCN are treacherous scum and should be regarded as such. You can choose the side of right, the Helghast in MP.

Flunkie

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Therein lies the awesomeness of KZ2.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dubbedinenglish said:
The ISA/UCN are treacherous scum and should be regarded as such. You can choose the side of right, the Helghast in MP.

screenshot003_211233-1.jpg

Dubbedinenglish said:
:lol :lol

Will do.

My guns never tire, I'll send them running.

Flunkie said:
Therein lies the awesomeness of KZ2.
fascinating, really. I think in gaming you can so used to a clear-cut good vs. evil, there is no dilemma.

Dubbedinenglish said:
that's actually where I was leaning. Fuk Earth.

Rikyfree

Dubbedinenglish said:
Fuck you, hig. And your hig momma, too!
JK
:lol :D

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dreams-Visions said:
fascinating, really. I think in gaming you can so used to a clear-cut good vs. evil, there is no dilemma.

that's actually where I was leaning. Fuk Earth.

Everyone in front of your gun is bad, unless their id lights up green. Morality is not color blind.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Everyone in front of your gun is bad, unless their id lights up green. Morality is not color blind.
yes, sir. :D

oh, the soldier's existence. just another reminder why I decided not to go into a military career.

Mik2121

Helghast faction >>>>>>> ISA faction

It's a fact..

I mean, the ISA faction has a FFFUUUU--- face in their backs, ffs..
<--- check avatar.

Zen

Banned
The UCN never commited Genocide, they let the Helghan settlers leave Vekta of their own free will, those Helghan Settlers who participated in the Exodus knew full well what they were going to when they decided to settle Helghan. The UCN was wrong to marginalize the Helghan settlers following the first Extrosolar war, but the terrorism on the part of Helghan settlers only justified further action against them. The records were very clear that if a Helghast settler chose to work with the UCN settlers (the then minority) in making Vekta a peaceful and prosperous region for the known galaxy, and not something akin to the tool of the corrupt Helghan Corporation (as the Helghan Corporation was angling for it to be prior to the first War), that they would be treated the same as any other colonist.

Only one side is planning Genoice, and it's Visari:

Visari's plan is simple:

Utilize deep-cover agent ISA General Stuart Adams to neutralize the orbital defense platforms.
Utilize deep-cover agent ISA General Dwight Stratson to gain access to intelligence and lure the ISA troops out of the cities.
Mount an invasion of Vekta whilst the orbital defense platforms are down, under the command of General Joseph Lente.
Reactivate the defense platforms in time to defend Vekta against the inevitable support fleet sent by the UCA.
Declare the system to be under Helghast control and sue for peace with the UCN whilst the UCA is still reeling from the loss of its fleet.
Use the resources of Helghan and Vekta, as well as technology captured from the wrecked
UCA Navy fleet, to build a Helghast fleet capable of defending the system from the UCA Navy.
Begin charging trade tariffs for passage through Helghast space to Earth again.
Blockade the Earth and strangle the UCN into submission.
Capture the UCN Navy shipyards and orbital defenses.
Leave Earth's population to starve to death. Build an enormous fleet and establish Helghast hegemony over all colonies.

The entire population of Earth (Billions upon Billions), add to that his goals of establishing Helghast rule over all the known galaxy.

Rikyfree

Zen said:
The UCN never commited Genocide, they let the Helghan settlers leave Vekta of their own free will, those Helghan Settlers who participated in the Exodus knew full well what they were going to when they decided to settle Helghan. The UCN was wrong to marginalize the Helghan settlers following the first Extrosolar war, but the terrorism on the part of Helghan settlers only justified further action against them. The records were very clear that if a Helghast settler chose to work with the UCN settlers in making Vekta a peaceful and prosperous region, that they ould be treated the same as any other colonist.

Only one side, currently, is planning Genoice, and it's Visari.

Visari's plan is simple:

Utilize deep-cover agent ISA General Stuart Adams to neutralize the orbital defense platforms.
Utilize deep-cover agent ISA General Dwight Stratson to gain access to intelligence and lure the ISA troops out of the cities.
Mount an invasion of Vekta whilst the orbital defense platforms are down, under the command of General Joseph Lente.
Reactivate the defense platforms in time to defend Vekta against the inevitable support fleet sent by the UCA.
Declare the system to be under Helghast control and sue for peace with the UCN whilst the UCA is still reeling from the loss of its fleet.
Use the resources of Helghan and Vekta, as well as technology captured from the wrecked
UCA Navy fleet, to build a Helghast fleet capable of defending the system from the UCA Navy.
Leave Earth's population to starve to death. Build an enormous fleet and establish Helghast hegemony over all colonies.

The entire population of Earth (Billions upon Billions), add to that his goals of establishing Helghast rule over all the known galaxy.
Yup, this man sees the REAL truth.

Zen

Banned
The ISA treatment of the Helghan Colonists post the first war was wrong
The ISA/UCN sanctions against the planet Helghan that kept them in economic depression was wrong
It can even be argued that the unauthorized invasion of Helghan, on the part of ISA Vekta is the wrong strategy entirely (We know that Templar has mixed feelings about the strategy)

That doesn't make Visari's goals of brutal Helghan rule over the entire human race -or turning the most populated planet in human civilization into a graveyard- right.

Zen said:
The UCN never commited Genocide, they let the Helghan settlers leave Vekta of their own free will, those Helghan Settlers who participated in the Exodus knew full well what they were going to when they decided to settle Helghan. The UCN was wrong to marginalize the Helghan settlers following the first Extrosolar war, but the terrorism on the part of Helghan settlers only justified further action against them. The records were very clear that if a Helghast settler chose to work with the UCN settlers (the then minority) in making Vekta a peaceful and prosperous region for the known galaxy, and not something akin to the tool of the corrupt Helghan Corporation (as the Helghan Corporation was angling for it to be prior to the first War), that they would be treated the same as any other colonist.

Only one side is planning Genoice, and it's Visari:

Visari's plan is simple:

of course, they were driven to this degree of disaffection, anger and angst through years of hardship and relegation to the rough conditions of Helgan. The people, shackled to a death sentence thanks to corrupt leaders they probably didn't even elect. Civilians, forced into subjugation and cast off as less than human. Exploited and abused to the point where a psycho could actually step in and become relevant.

Yes, it is time for the exploited to exploit their oppressors. The People will have their moment. The Helgast -- the Prodigal Sons--return.

Zen said:
The ISA treatment of the Helghan Colonists post the first war was wrong
The ISA/UCN sanctions against the planet Helghan that kept them in economic depression was wrong
It can even be argued that the unauthorized invasion of Helghan, on the part of ISA Vekta is the wrong strategy entirely (We know that Templar has mixed feelings about the strategy)

That doesn't make Visari's goals of brutal Helghan rule over the entire human race, or turning the most populated planet in human civilization into a graveyard, right.
and yet at the same time, you're never shocked when a victim of great abuse seeks out and kills the one who oppressed them.

FFObsessed said:
No no don't be silly. It's a percentage. Weekly honor 4 is the best one, it's a Gold Trophy I believe. In the Beta it was the top 1% of players during a one week period. So if there's 2 million registered users online, which there will be at least, then you have to finish in the top 20,000 players in the weekly leaderboards, just once, during any week. They're measured from a Sunday to the next Sunday.

At least that's what it was in the Beta, I assume it's the same in the full game.

That really sucks, I don't like that at all.

Top Bottom