• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Barrett2

Hellion said:
This game is fantastic. If Guerrilla was going for realism then....FUCKING ACHIEVED.

I have no words people complain about the controls....It's no COD4 this game is different, because of that it's awesome.

Yeah, controls aren't too bad. Alt 2 feels pretty good, and if you tweak the sensitivity it feels fine, IMO.

Flunkie said:
Walmart doesn't have it in and that's the only place that I have that sells videogames for 45 minutes. FML.

Not like I was going to have time to play tonight, but still.. lol.

I got the last copy at my Best Buy. Phew..

Do you guys think I can buy this at Walmart than return the new sealed Amazon copy with my Walmart receipt when it arrives (fucking 1 week from now)? Will the barcode or w/e scan properly? I've done this way back but I dont know if it still works.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
lawblob said:
Yeah, controls aren't too bad. Alt 2 feels pretty good, and if you tweak the sensitivity it feels fine, IMO.
The only issue I still have with the control scheme is how doing a 180 turn feels. It really feels like I'm moving through some thick mud or something. This wouldn't be an issue if the game didn't throw enemies at you from all angles, but in some of the later levels, it does do that.

It's not a huge issue by any stretch of the imagination, but like I've mentioned before, a quick-180 button would've been nice.

Barrett2

Flunkie said:
I meant that they didn't even have it in stock. Never got any stock. :\

That sucks, man.

Im' not going to lie to you, I just destroyed an entire building with a machine gun, the pillars came down one by one as I blasted away. It looks incredible on my HDTV... anyways, don't mind me, back to playing. :p

Lion Heart said:
Do you guys think I can buy this at Walmart than return the new sealed Amazon copy with my Walmart receipt when it arrives (fucking 1 week from now)? Will the barcode or w/e scan properly? I've done this way back but I dont know if it still works.

Yes, that's what I'm doing, I bought my copy at Walmart last night and have been playing it, when my Amazon copy arrives I'll return that one to Walmart and get a refund.

DangerStepp

Lion Heart said:

Good question. I'm not certain how that would work, but it is Walmart...

If your store is anything like the one here then the clerk at the Customer Service desk will just take your receipt and game and refund you. No questions asked because they can throw it back on the shelf to be resold. You'll need that receipt, though.

WTFing

Banned
"My people. Sons and daughters of Helghan..."
I can't get enough of this speech, I watch the full intro every time I launch the game.

The only thing I dislike in MP is that there is too much information on the screen, I don't care who killed who and I really don't care who's the player in front of me.
Red eyes = ally
Blue light = enemy ;)
Please give an option to remove these info.

Oh, and I really like the 'faction' thing, so you can spawn near the leader and don't waste time going to the objective.

Dragnet

Just completed it....5 hours 22 minutes. Very short game. I didn't rush either, but in fairness I didn't spent time looking for intel/Helghast symbols...still, every minute of those 5 hours was sublime :D Time to head online...I'll come back to single player later :)

Had something weird happen too....mid battle with
Radec
, the game paused itself and asked me to update to version 1.11. The hell? I thought it only did that when you booted the game!

lynux3

[RANT]

Umm... just wow. What is wrong with Sony's first party studios and online multiplayer? Why isn't there a party system in this game? Am I suppose to keep attempting to join my friend in an online game only to be slapped in the face with a "The World is Full." message. Ridiculous. Warhawk had the same problem and that's why I stopped playing it because it was nearly impossible to get a good game going with friends.

You guys better start petitioning this sh*t, seriously. This should be a standard online feature... especially for Sony's first party studios. I mean, Resistance: Fall of Man did it day one FFS.

[/RANT]

Dragnet said:
Just completed it....5 hours 22 minutes. Very short game. I didn't rush either, but in fairness I didn't spent time looking for intel/Helghast symbols...still, every minute of those 5 hours was sublime :D Time to head online...I'll come back to single player later :)

Had something weird happen too....mid battle with
Radec
, the game paused itself and asked me to update to version 1.11. The hell?

What difficulty did you play on?

Rez said:
The only issue I still have with the control scheme is how doing a 180 turn feels. It really feels like I'm moving through some thick mud or something. This wouldn't be an issue if the game didn't throw enemies at you from all angles, but in some of the later levels, it does do that.

It's not a huge issue by any stretch of the imagination, but like I've mentioned before, a quick-180 button would've been nice.

I've read somewhere that you turn more quickly walking in a tight circle rather than trying to do a turn from a stand-still. (if that makes sense...)

I'm on the fourth chapter of the SP campaign, hasn't been an issue yet...

Liberty4all

Banned
lawblob said:
That sucks, man.

Im' not going to lie to you, I just destroyed an entire building with a machine gun, the pillars came down one by one as I blasted away. It looks incredible on my HDTV... anyways, don't mind me, back to playing. :p

that part was awesome. =)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AranhaHunter said:
What difficulty did you play on?
I played on Normal, and did seemingly the same thing as him (didn't rush, but didn't go out of my way for emblems), and finished the game in basically the same amount of time, so I'm going to guess Normal.

poweld said:
Apparently I'm lttp on El Presador. This shit is hilarious :lol

Making my wait for KZ2 a little more delicious.

Watch the COD:WAW one. You'll find it especially hilarious if you play the game and understand what he's talking about. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it, but the ending is epic. With that voice and those interview skills guy should join WWE.

I take back my cry baby bitching about the lag from last night. I'm dealing and the game is fun as fuck.

My complaints still stand with the lack of death notification. I find it hard to tell where it came from because I just slump. I have no idea I'm even being shot at... what gives?

I also dislike spawning way back at the spawn point away from EVERYTHING. And dman... some of these levels are HUGE.

Early spoilers on this:
FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

So my problem apparently was that Garza died and his body disappeared.
When Sev gets out of the tank there is supposed to be a cutscene. The vehicle the guys use in the cutscene appears too but I can't get on
. :lol

deepbrown

Rez said:
I played on Normal, and did seemingly the same thing as him (didn't rush, but didn't go out of my way for emblems), and finished the game in basically the same amount of time, so I'm going to guess Normal.
Hm finished in 8 hours.

garath

This game need a DS3? Or does it control ok with the sixaxis? I haven't gotten around to buying a DS3 yet but the weight does appeal to me.

Bugnology said:
The only thing I dislike in MP is that there is too much information on the screen, I don't care who killed who and I really don't care who's the player in front of me.
Red eyes = ally
Blue light = enemy ;)
Please give an option to remove these info.

Unless someone is a saboteur.

DangerStepp said:
HOLD OUT!!!

I'm suffering with you. I'm picking it up on the way home from work and then I hafta do the whole girlfriend/Friday night thing.

Why couldn't it have come out on a Tuesday? :(

My Fiance KNOWS I'm playing this tonight. She ain't getting out of it.:lol

Dartastic

Flunkie said:
Walmart doesn't have it in and that's the only place that I have that sells videogames for 45 miles. FML.

Not like I was going to have time to play tonight, but still.. lol.

WTF? Michael Cera can't get a copy of the game?

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I take back my cry baby bitching about the lag from last night. I'm dealing and the game is fun as fuck.

My complaints still stand with the lack of death notification. I find it hard to tell where it came from because I just slump. I have no idea I'm even being shot at... what gives?

I also dislike spawning way back at the spawn point away from EVERYTHING. And dman... some of these levels are HUGE.

There's a class accessed later that can move spawn points on the map.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
5 hours doesn't seem like much, but honestly, I didn't even realise how "short" it was until I checked my statistics, which was after I first posted my impressions here. When I finished the game, I didn't feel ripped-off, in fact, the game's length wasn't something that I even thought about.

Pallaris

My copy is coming tomorrow. Looking forward to it... i'll just say it's a shame Guerilla never did end up solving the load hiccups. I remember a while back they said the pauses would be gone once the streaming tech was implemented. Well, from the review footage i've seen looks like they didn't quite make it. Only thing that spoils the presentation... I know, can't please everyone....just seems like such an obvious immersion breaker to me....hope it doesn't piss me off too much.

Core407 said:
RE5 has no control issues. People are just too retarded to understand what a design choice is and what an issue really is. The shit makes me wish gaming was still hardcore and not for the mainstream. Adding the ability to run and gun would completely ruin the whole game. The entire point of having to stand and shoot is to add tension and create the situations that make the game so fucking enjoyable. This shit just angers me, stupid gamers who don't know anything about nothing

Dead Space has tension up the ying yang and it ha....
Oh whoops. Killzone2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfyb

Banned
so is there a US central clan? can i get an invite? i'm listed as part of one of the East clans but nobody's sent an invite to me in game

Dragnet

Rez said:

Yup...played on Trooper. Still, I don't mean to sound negative, I enjoyed the hell out of it! Later levels got quite frustrating, but ultimately very satisfying :D Managed to get all the time related trophies first time through as well, none of which I even tried to do quickly aside from the Heavy in under 1 minute trophy, which I'd read about. Now back to trying to get logged in for more than 10 minutes at a time so I can play some more online...

Zeliard

lawblob said:

I leave controls on complete default for single-player, and I switch to Alt 2 + zoom hold + crouch hold (off) for MP.

It works perfectly fine and I don't get confused between the two control schemes, mainly because MP moves noticeably faster. I was pleasantly surprised with how quicker it is to turn 180 degrees in MP.

Rez said:

I see, my first playthrough is on veteran, I think it'll take me about 8-10 hours.

1-D_FTW

Hey all you people wanting more sensitivity, I've lowered the horizontal setting one notch from DEFAULT. I have no idea how you guys can aim with it cranked up there. Wish I could.

Not impressed with the single player, but multiplayer seems pretty awesome.

deepbrown said:
Hm finished in 8 hours.
Took me 11 hours on veteran. Though I'd wager 2 of those hours were when I was punching kittens and kicking puppies because of the frustrating bits. That was also looking for intel etc.

I've managed it in 2.5 hours on easy. :D

Maggot9

Banned
Why can't you have it so that you can toggle the crouch button instead of hold? It's the only thing stopping me from using Alt 2.

sorry guys, i didnt realize my sound system could be heard so easily through the headset. Well, also ive had it BLASTING all day. hahaha.

Zeliard

Maggot9 said:
Why can't you have it so that you can toggle the crouch button instead of hold? It's the only thing stopping me from using Alt 2.

It's the only thing that stops me from using Alt 2 in single-player as well. That option only exists for multiplayer. Supposedly, the toggle would screw with the SP's cover system, but I don't really see how.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Pallaris said:
My copy is coming tomorrow. Looking forward to it... i'll just say it's a shame Guerilla never did end up solving the load hiccups. I remember a while back they said the pauses would be gone once the streaming tech was implemented. Well, from the review footage i've seen looks like they didn't quite make it. Only thing that spoils the presentation... I know, can't please everyone....just seems like such an obvious immersion breaker to me....hope it doesn't piss me off too much.
Eh, it's not exactly a serious problem as it only crops up in logical places. I mean, sure, it would be nice if they had eliminated it, but pretty much every other major shooter on the consoles has the same issues.

Hell, UE3 games on the PC actually end up with worse load stuttering (Gears and Mirror's Edge, for instance, both suffer much more from this problem on the PC than they did on console).

Maggot9

Banned
Zeliard said:
It's the only thing that stops me from using Alt 2 in single-player as well. That option only exists for multiplayer. Supposedly, the toggle would screw with the SP's cover system, but I don't really see how.
I see. I guess I'll be using 2 control schemes then.

Holy crap the endless feedback that plays through people's microphones is the most annoying shit imaginable. I just bought the newer mic yesterday in preparation for this, but I might have to resort to playing without it. It's actually not useful at all with the constant ambient noise; can't even hear anyone who would want to coordinate. crap.

Dragnet

Dante said:
Why are so many people playing on Normal? Man up and play Veteren. :)

I wanted to enjoy the game and be able to take in the environments and general awesomeness of the game without getting battered non stop :D

Top Bottom