• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Zeliard said:
Seriously the visual downgrade from SP is minimal. I'm very surprised as well. Whatever they chose to downgrade, they chose wisely because it's not significantly noticeable at all (I'd assume it's mostly the MP map textures)

the SP seems to have more effects going on but i actually like the MP graphics better as it seems to have better anti-aliasing or something else that causes less jaggies, not quite sure why.

Zeliard

Anyone know if it's possible to pick just one game type in offline skirmishes with bots, instead of it going through the entire rotation? Doesn't seem like it really allows you to change any settings in skirmish except # of bots, their skill level, and the maps. Is it possible to adjust anything else?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Holy shit. Just got this and played online. So much fun. Was doing pretty well but my team lost but shit Ima get hooked on this stuff.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Killzone.com is down?

Killzone Command Center Unavailable

Communications with the Command Center are down! Our technicians are working around the clock to re-establish contact. This may be the result of a Helghast attack, or the fact that the website has recently received a complete overhaul. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have the Killzone Command Center back online as soon as possible.

icechai

wow a bit strange playing on local American servers where I'm the only one laying turrets, oh well got my turret badge :)

Regarding the camera POV, maybe Guerrilla staff are shorter on average and that's why it is where it is? Being not gifted with great height myself it totally feels natural to me :D

287zw2g.jpg

2s8r4tt.jpg

See you guys online later tonight! :D

A.R.K

WOOOOOOOOO just got my Amazon order delivered @ work!!!!!!! :D :D :D

315ick6.jpg

Now fucking 3 more hours to go...the helghast on cover is staring at me with his red glowing eyes.....hypnotizing me to get sick and leave for home right now............:lol

is GAF west coast clan up? Who is the leader???

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dante said:
Why are so many people playing on Normal? Man up and play Veteren. :)

This. It's not even that hard - just less forgiving. When you die, you know you fucked up somewhere.

I'm at the last level now, holy shit that previous level and cutscenes were epic.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Double H said:
Help!

I've gotten to the final kill Radec checkpoint but I'm failing miserably to kill him. Tips?

Pay $5.99 and download the video from the PS Store. :lol

Then put it on Youtube.

Does anyone else love shoving their face into the steam shooting out of pipes? I love the steam and the hiss it makes. I can almost smell it. Everything in this game is just that stimulating. Siiigh.

Timan

Developer
Anyone wanna trade halo wars for my copy of killzone?

Kidding, I need some help though.
How the heck do kill that flying thing with the rocket launchers? I was split up from my team and the damn thing shoots me instantly (on a roof top) Or am I doing something wrong?

icechai

what what, Kotaku review says

"Story: Killzone 2 isn't a game you buy for its plot, so I was surprised to find myself enjoying the relatively light touch of a well-written story sketched across the game's campaign. When the end does finally come, it delivers a subtle look at the complexity of morality in war, without getting too heavy-handed.

Pacing: Killzone 2 is a tightly-paced shooter that walks gamers through an eclectic mix of levels in an experience that comes in at just under eight hours. But it's also another one of those games that, because of its relatively short length and its perfect pacing, can feel more like a movie or a book than a game."

which is basically the opposite of every other review?

Zeliard

revolverjgw said:
Does anyone else love shoving their face into the steam shooting out of pipes? I love the steam and the hiss it makes. I can almost smell it. Everything in this game is just that stimulating. Siiigh.

Killzone 2 does an even better job than Mirror's Edge at making you feel like you're actually in the game from a physical standpoint. I don't think I've ever played a game where my character felt so.... grounded in the game world, like he was actually a physical part of it. It's literally the polar opposite of something like Fallout 3, where your character feels very disconnected from the game world and it feels like you're just floating along.

Whoop. Just got my total combined best mission times under 2.5 hours. I think I'll stop there though as getting faster times will be frustrating more than fun and for some odd reason it wont update my final mission time (which the first time I did it was not exactly quick! :lol )

Double H

industrian said:
Pay $5.99 and download the video from the PS Store. :lol

Then put it on Youtube.
Holy shit, there is a video strategy guide. Well fuck me.

Managed to finish the game just now.
Final shot of Sev on the steps with all the Helghast ships overhead is pretty epic.

I actually have a easier time aiming in multplayer than sp. I think its because guns are switching so frequently in sp that you have ot really get used to each one.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok I take bback most of what I said now.
All it took was to find a server with no LAG. I thought that might have been the problem.
It also made it seem like there was alot more recoil than it really was. I mean there's a tad bit more recoil but before that shit was outta hand. I'm back to bussin heads wide open :D

Hopefully there's alot less lag as time goes on. Servers are probably under heavy load right now.

w00t!
Finally had fun in multi!!

Zeliard

Pimpbaa said:
Just got the game a couple of hours ago. Single player campaign is pretty goddamn derivative so far :/

The SP's allure comes from the gunplay and the enemy A.I. There aren't wildly different set pieces or anything, at least so far in my playthrough, and I don't think there need to be either (though there is apparently a pretty big environmental change at one point). The game's campaign is much more in the vein of FEAR 1 than Half-Life 2.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCK TON AWESOME!

OMG ALL OVER MY FACE YES YES YES YES!

I only did the first 2 levels btw, only been playing MP and IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!

oneHeero

Good games earlier gaf, I'm F1nestOne. We played a lot of games, Revolutionary and Full-Recovery standing out the most :p

I'll be on again in a bit if anyone is still around.

thaOwner

Glad to see you fellas enjoying the game. Unfortunately for me, I wont be able to join in on the fun until
March when I go home. Any of you care to shed some light on how well its performing at places where you picked up your game ?

I'm tempted to go to a store and pick this up tonight and then just return my Amazon copy to the store when it finally arrives.

Dragnet

This is fucking bullshit, the past 3 games I've been doing really well (top 3) and midway through EVERY game it errors and boots me out = no xp. WHAT THE FUCK! And each time I got a different error code! Utterly ridiculous. The lag seems to be getting insane too, people jumping around everywhere, I even saw one dude standing in mid air way out over some water.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA!

Top Bottom