• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

and someone explain the killzone universe and ending of KZ2 to me. I don't get what's really going on since I only completed Liberation, but skiped the story stuff. KZ1 sucked big time and I couldn't drag myself through it. All I knew before going in was a brief explanation why it should be called Kin; don't know jack about any of the characters past the Rico guy growing up in a trash can.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Damn game is owning me on Veteran. The Helghast are so smart and difficult, especially when they can jump down from up above. I'm at the bridge now. Game is AFW.

Schrade

Fuck yeah, bitches! Just got off work and stopped by GameStop to pick up my Killzone 2! When I was at the store someone just got to the register and then me and 3 other people entered the store almost at once. When I heard the guy at the register ask for Killzone 2 I piped up and said "might as well get another one out, I'm here for that too." Everyone else in line said "Yeah me too" after I said that hehe.

Wonder how the sales on this will be? I saw they had a PS3 deal where if you buy an 80 Gig PS3 and Killzone 2 you get a free Dual Shock 3 with it. I almost bit since I need to buy a PS3 for my older brother but I am going to wait til the price drops. With all these deals going on it's bound to happen soon.

Anyhow.. Killzone 2 bitches!!1!!! I'll be in multiplayer later tonight. Have to check out Singleplayer first!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
TTP said:
Removed the ability to add bots online. Unless it's a glitch on my side, I can't add bots when creating a game now. The option is still there, but it is locked to 0.

Couldn't they have come up with a more intelligent response to the problem? Is it really even a problem if some people are leveling up fast, in comparison to ruining your chance to game with just a friend online?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Musashi Wins! said:
Couldn't they have come up with a more intelligent response to the problem? Is it really even a problem if some people are leveling up fast, in comparison to ruining your chance to game with just a friend online?

I think this is a quick fix to stop people bitching about stat padders while they think of a proper solution.

TTP said:
I think this is a quick fix to stop people bitching about stat padders while they think of a proper solution.

they better think quick! It is really that much of trouble anyways? they shouldn't have even allowed bots to alter stats anyways. wtf GG.

Zeliard

Musashi Wins! said:

Couldn't another solution have been to make it so that killing bots doesn't give you any EXP, and also limited it so that each side has to have the same number of bots?

Removing all bots from multiplayer seems a bit extreme.

TTP said:

dreamer3kx said:
GG said that this is a temp fix.

Coo.

Musashi Wins! said:

GG said that this is a temp fix.

Boss Man

Got it this afternoon but only got to spend a couple of hours with it. Amazing game, but I haven't gotten used to the controls in competitive yet. Supposedly they're faster, but to me it feels a lot worse online. Maybe because I care more in MP. Going to practice on some bots now I guess. The only reason it's an issue for me is because I like the game so much and want to be good at MP!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dirtbag said:
but xbox live is all 12 year old racists....

The whole contrast people bring up is retarded. SOCOM had white power clans back in the day, etc. You get online gaming, you get some socially inept people, the end.

Dirtbag

Musashi Wins! said:
The whole contrast people bring up is retarded. SOCOM had white power clans back in the day, etc. You get online gaming, you get some socially inept people, the end.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Brannon

Played a bit and the game looks like a dog. God so awful and blurry and shit. Then I upgraded my cables from component to S-Video and it was like...

whoa...

Controls respond like FarCry Instincts: Predator for the 360 plus momentum, so it only took a bit to get used to. Won a Propaganda and Body Count match (love the instant mode schtick, so cool), and am fiending for better weapons already. Right now I had to resort to hunting down the guy with the shotgun because I want it, it's mine :mad:

I should probably do some single player, but it's time to retire. Thumbs up Guerilla, you nailed it.

[troll]menus are a bastard[/troll]

cjdunn

This is killzone.com from the ingame browser:
ftsg01.jpg

Apparently I need to install Adobe Flash Player 9 onto my console.........................

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

NameIess

Just spent a few hours with the MP and this game is digital crack...
Still not sold on the squads and proximity chat, because it leads to lack of communication, but still really enjoying the game. Also, the sound issue was user error one of my speakers had issues and the game uses specific speakers for direction sound and speech instead of only using the center channel. If anyone else is experiencing issues with sound drops ensure all your speakers are working correctly...

nataku

Damn snow!

I was supposed to pick up the game tonight after work, but the road conditions are terrible because it started snowing and the plows aren't out yet.

Hopefully tomorrow...

How many people here have bought a game from Walmart and successfully returned the same game New/sealed from a different store with Walmarts receipt? Sorry for going on, but I dont want this to backfire.

Edit: Fuck it, patience is a virtue.

thaOwner

For people having problems with the game, here is quick beginners guide from Gamespot.
It contains MAJOR spoilers. Only click on it if you already have the game but having difficulties with an area or the controls of the game.

Teknoman

FFObsessed said:
:lol Spaghetti + Dual Shock 3 + bluetooth headset dont mix.

Spectating views are cool though, really feels like security cams for some reason. Even more so than other games. Also helps me see how well my custom MP soundtrack works. :D

The views are perfect for someone to record matches.

icechai

Brannon said:
Played a bit and the game looks like a dog. God so awful and blurry and shit. Then I upgraded my cables from component to S-Video and it was like...

whoa...

Controls respond like FarCry Instincts: Predator for the 360 plus momentum, so it only took a bit to get used to. Won a Propaganda and Body Count match (love the instant mode schtick, so cool), and am fiending for better weapons already. Right now I had to resort to hunting down the guy with the shotgun because I want it, it's mine :mad:

I should probably do some single player, but it's time to retire. Thumbs up Guerilla, you nailed it.

omg please upgrade to HDMI cables

Brandon F said:
Oh crap I noticed Templar in the opening cutscene so that settles it. No more Killzone 2 until I go back and finish KZ1.

Oh man, you people really need to pop that old disc in again...it's bloody amazing what 4-5 years of improved tech can do to a franchise.
I played Killzone 1 and Liberation last week. Just beat Liberation yesterday.

I still don't understand why they changed Templar and Rico so much. Voice I can kind of understand (contracts...whatever) but the design choices are weird.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
johnFkennedy said:
Not sure yet. Tuned off the game to sync my mic. Turned back on 10 seconds later and was greeted with a software update.

Removed Bots online.

Can we have this on the OP please? People keep asking

thaOwner

Lion Heart said:
How many people here have bought a game from Walmart and successfully returned the same game New/sealed from a different store with Walmarts receipt? Sorry for going on, but I dont want this to backfire.

Edit: Fuck it, patience is a virtue.
It might not work since they will check the game's barcode. If its not in the system, the will call you out.

Brannon said:

whoa...

[troll]menus are a bastard[/troll]

Lol. How do you upgrade from component to S-video? :lol

Top Bottom