• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

h1nch

First impressions: These controls suck

After an hour of gameplay: The controls aren't too bad

Campaign mode is sick, and online was fun but I had no idea what was happening.

mr_nothin

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
why cant i pick my class in multi, i wanna go medic
You have to EARN it.

YEP THATS RIGHT!
NOT ONLY DID YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY THE GAME BUT NOW YOU ALSO HAVE TO WORK SOME MORE TO GET "THE FULL GAME".

:p

...why did they do that? imagine being able to only play scouts on tf2 when you bought the orange box (ok bad example cuz scouts rock)

secondary abilities, extra guns, or buffs i understand, but the primary classes? really guerrilla? really!?

I have been playing tonight with BobtheFork and FullRecovery and we have been absolutely owning shit. My game is so unpredictable, however, I could finished in the top 5 or 6 one game, then towards the bottom the next. :lol This game is crazy how you can play so well one game, and just suck another game.

I like the unpredictability of this game.

This has been the most fun I have had in a while. Killzone 2 is just teh awesomness.

mr_nothin

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
...why did they do that? imagine being able to only play scouts on tf2 when you bought the orange box (ok bad example cuz scouts rock)

secondary abilities, extra guns, or buffs i understand, but the primary classes? really guerrilla? really!?
Yes...REALLY
Just play it all the way through and you'll start to see. Its great.
But umm you'll only be able to fully "get/enjoy" it if you stick with your rank.

Ploid 3.0

ZombieSupaStar said:

Well you kinda start off limited in what kind of a soldier you are in COD4, then you unlock seeming class based perks. Iron lung, scopes, new sniper rifles, etc. Assault is the most versatile class in the game, and you get access to some of the best weapons. You just can't do the neat tricks of the other badges.

Zeliard

Ploid 3.0 said:
Well you kinda start off limited in what kind of a soldier you are in COD4, then you unlock seeming class based perks. Iron lung, scopes, new sniper rifles, etc. Assault is the most versatile class in the game, and you get access to some of the best weapons. You just can't do the neat tricks of the other badges.

Assault also has double the health of the other classes, right?

dfyb

Banned
Nafai1123 said:
Wow, you must be having serious problems in the SP then. :lol

Personally I think the game feels a lot better than in the MP than the SP due to the increased acceleration, but that's not stopping me from enjoying the SP.

*goes back to playing more SP*
i'm playing on hard (veteran?) and doing fine -- it's not hard to predict AI movement, but people seem to move a lot faster in MP and, unlike other games, i'm having excessive trouble keeping my crosshair on them. it's rare that i have problems with analog aiming. i do okay online compared to everyone else -- not uncommon for me to be in the top group... but i'm just having to put WAY more effort into simply aiming than i should be.

for those enjoying the aiming -- what sensitivity are you using?

KZ2 has consumed the vast majority of my day :lol

Multiplayer runs great, nice not to have connection errors in the majority of matches *cough*World at War*cough*. Shotgun is godly, trying to do better with standard assault (currently suck at).

Will play more tomorrow. Very curious to hear first sales results.

Question about SP end:
How many waves of enemies are in the palace? Radec cloaks then there is a wave of normal helghast, then the knife ones, then rocket launchers (keep dieing at this one). What else is there?

rexor0717

dfyb said:
i'm playing on hard (veteran?) and doing fine -- it's not hard to predict AI movement, but people seem to move a lot faster in MP and, unlike other games, i'm having excessive trouble keeping my crosshair on them. it's rare that i have problems with analog aiming. i do okay online compared to everyone else -- not uncommon for me to be in the top group... but i'm just having to put WAY more effort into simply aiming than i should be.

I use a lower sensitivity, and, I use a smaller tv. Its still HD but it made aiming incredibly easy for me.

TheFatOne

The mp is ace haven't played single player yet. I have a question though It feels like the kill animations are slow. By that I mean that I kill a guy but he still has a split second to kill me. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or is it just me lol.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MvmntInGrn said:
KZ2 has consumed the vast majority of my day :lol

Multiplayer runs great, nice not to have connection errors in the majority of matches *cough*World at War*cough*. Shotgun is godly, trying to do better with standard assault (currently suck at).

Will play more tomorrow. Very curious to hear first sales results.

Question about SP end:
How many waves of enemies are in the palace? Radec cloaks then there is a wave of normal helghast, then the knife ones, then rocket launchers (keep dieing at this one). What else is there?
The rockets, then there's a checkpoint, then a just a tad more on the ground (should be easily dealt with), then Radec himself.

Zeliard

dfyb said:

Default. In single-player, I keep everything on default, and for multiplayer I switch to Alt 2, turn zoom hold on and crouch hold off. I don't change the sensitivity, though. Just keep at it and you'll get used to it eventually.

Mik2121

dfyb said:

Welcome to a game that doesn't assist your aiming (at least not as much as any other game does)

wtf? it said I unlocked the SMG and shotgun, then I got a badge, so I check the stat page and it says that last match never happened. This was all in the game. Does it take time or is it fucked up?

Rez said:
The rockets, then there's a checkpoint, then a just a tad more on the ground (should be easily dealt with), then Radec himself.

Thanks, will have to finish that up tomorrow. Was driving me crazy. I died a lot more in the SP than I thought I would. Problem is when I get frustrated (from dieing) I tend to want to go faster which just makes me die even more.

If I catch myself and go SLOWER the second time I usually get it.

Mik2121

Linkzg said:
wtf? it said I unlocked the SMG and shotgun, then I got a badge, so I check the stat page and it says that last match never happened. This was all in the game. Does it take time or is it fucked up?
It takes a while for the servers to update.

Just go back to the game and keep playing (you will see you have that badge and the weapons, so don't worry). After a while it all will be updated.

Linkzg said:

if you want it to appear. just log out of the network and go back into Warzone. it should sync up then.

Defuser

I finally beat the game in 7h 3 mins 55sec. Awfully short but great.I'm quite proud for a first time play that I managed to kill all bosses below the time limit that gives me teh trophies.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
First freeze online.

Nothing out of the ordinary, and the last 30 seconds of a match I had a ton of points in, and bam, freezes. Fuck. Hope it's a one off issue. :\

NeoUltima

Weird...I don't see why people say the story is weak...seems pretty good to me so far
visari nuked city
Or maybe my expectations were just lowered by all the criticisms.

NeoUltima said:
Weird...I don't see why people say the story is weak...seems pretty good to me so far
visari nuked city
Or maybe my expectations were just lowered by all the criticisms.

It seems sufficient for an action-oriented shooter. The universe can do so much more though, I hope GG elaborate in the next game. But I wouldn't call the story non-existent like some have.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
kick ass so far.

Not had this much fun in ages. Game just gets me into it a bit more than any other lately. very engaging AI and the MP is excellent.

I have sworn at this game more than any game i have played this gen,,,,, and that is a good thing,,,, :D

HO-LEE-FUCK is this a great game... I'm playing on Veteran and it's kicking my ass, I need to to slow it down a bit, but every kill feels so satisfying.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
i musta been playing all night, b/c i accidentally ejected the game, went back to it and there's already an update... 1.1.somesuch.

Damn good game... Shall give teh MP more of a slap tomorrow.

dfyb

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Welcome to a game that doesn't assist your aiming (at least not as much as any other game does)
i was headshot master in uncharted. this game has aim assist anyway (can be very blatant at times) :lol. it's just the acceleration that's off.

Big-E

Got up to the part where you have to kill the
ATAC
and it has been really enjoyable. I think I can say it is the best console fps this generation already. The visuals and the sounds are just so visceral and the mission variety has been pretty good so far. I am playing on Veteran and I am wondering if anyone else had a real hard time in the
Assembly with all those fucking RPG one hit kill assholes
. I literally died like 50 times there.

Phaethon0017 said:
I just got to the part where
you take the bridge, now they want us to go to the academy to find Radec (Riddick?)
and the game shows my objective being this one spot of ground. It won't let me go forward and its not telling me what to do. I think I have a game ending bug :-/.

Nobody? :(

Top Bottom