• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dirtbag said:
I'm pretty much tearing people apart now.
They never should have given me a shotgun.
I also do better with the helghan rifle over the ISA rifle... Who knew!

Random brain fart: God the menu's are so irritating. They really are horrible.
They definitely over-thought them.
You = Me. :O

The shotgun is SO deadly when dealing with groups. :lol :lol

rexor0717

I am really enjoying this game. The single player is crushingly hard and fun.

And I really like the multiplayer, but I am struggling with the reticule acceleration. I know I will adjust eventually, but its very difficult.
johnFkennedy said:
If any gaffers want to play we made a room called BEAMBER GAF.

Feel free to join:D :D :D :D
count me in

jsrv

IMG_7428.jpg

:D

Played multiplayer for a few hours, loved it so far. I think I should still be ranked under whatever the lowest rank is though (Currently on the third medal?), because everyone is kicking my ass when selecting play with equal level players.

Didn't try single player yet, but I really like Multiplayer. I couldn't get into Halo 3 or Gears, but this kicked in instantly. Also am extremely thankful for the ability to mute microphone voices (Under audio setting), and custom music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMxtI7QfpWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0
^Some of the music I use, I thought they were very fitting

Greg

SP is 90% boring... the few parts that are exciting either use different mechanics or some of the more unique weapons.

A few sections reminded me of COD4 with what seemed to be non-stop waves of annoying. And it's not that it was even difficult - it's just a bunch of waiting around for people to pop their heads out.

Saiyu

Only played a bit further than the demo level, but wow at the single player. I started on veteran and I'm glad to say I'm dying quite a bit - but it's not like dying in COD where I was just overwhelmed by drones, the AI is actually killing me.

Greg said:
SP is 90% boring... the few parts that are exciting either use different mechanics or some of the more unique weapons.

A few sections reminded me of COD4 with what seemed to be non-stop waves of annoying. And it's not that it was even difficult - it's just a bunch of waiting around for people to pop their heads out.

I soooooooooooo disagree.

But hey everyone is different. :D

Greg said:

Sounds like you need to play on a higher difficulty.

Awntawn

UntoldDreams said:
Sounds like you need to play on a higher difficulty.
You need to play on a higher difficulty for more of a challenge? What kind of game design is that?

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

TheFatOne

I have had the worst luck today. I get Killzone 2 via UPS then I put the game on I start a game online and my power goes out :(. By the time the power went back on I had to leave for work. I just came back and I am about to play it finally.

I just got to the part where
you take the bridge, now they want us to go to the academy to find Radec (Riddick?)
and the game shows my objective being this one spot of ground. It won't let me go forward and its not telling me what to do. I think I have a game ending bug :-/.

Wallach

Been playing SP for the past few hours, will probably wait and join you fellows tomorrow for MP action.

Pretty lame timing for me to pick up the PS3 and the game, though; I bought them while out for lunch, and was informed I was being laid off at the end of the day.

Anyway, I'm a bit new to the PS3, but just to clarify - this game does not have an install option, is that correct? I couldn't find one.

rexor0717

Alright, I changed the TV I was playing on(From a 40" to a 22"), and wow, it made a world of a difference. Amazing multiplayer 100%

Jtrizzy

Wallach said:
Been playing SP for the past few hours, will probably wait and join you fellows tomorrow for MP action.

Pretty lame timing for me to pick up the PS3 and the game, though; I bought them while out for lunch, and was informed I was being laid off at the end of the day.

Anyway, I'm a bit new to the PS3, but just to clarify - this game does not have an install option, is that correct? I couldn't find one.

of course on a Friday afternoon too.

Wallach

Jtrizzy said:
of course on a Friday afternoon too.

Yeah, no kidding. Then they actually asked if I would still be available for OT this weekend (as I'm still scheduled to work through next week). Pretty ridiculous, though I don't think I'll have too hard a time finding more work. Enough of that, though.

Another question - how long does it take to unlock the classes in MP?

I really like the subtle changes to the three beta mp maps, and so far my experience with the other 5 maps has been amazing. It really feels good to be back playing this. SP is a nice respite from MP for the time being, but MP is godly.

I do hope that they will add some more filter options when searching for matches and that they color code games like in Warhawk. It would also be nice if there were some dedicated friendly fire servers set up as the play style is somewhat different.

This game is so good! Once we have most of the clans sorted we should set up a GAF only tournament.

Zeliard

I'm extremely impressed with the general lack of lag in MP, even on 32/32 servers. Online play is smoother than I would've expected, and it still looks friggin' gorgeous. I'm gonna be playing this for a while. I haven't even unlocked any classes or weapons or anything yet (cept a few ribbons), and I already love it.

cryptic

Was anyone else disappointed with the variety of environments compared with the first?

I would have loved to seen an ice or jungle area like in the first, instead we got mostly industrial environs. We didn't really get to see the nature or "beauty of helghan" as the developers hinted, and it make's me wonder if anything was cut.

cameltoe

Greg said:

Stop playing on BITCH!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
icechai said:
hmm anyone got a boost ribbon yet? online says 5 times, i'm sure i've done it 5x and more

10 times. I think there is a typo. I got 3 ribbons making sure I reached the 10th mark.

Top Bottom