• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

BruceLeeRoy said:
How come when I create a online game I cant add ai
bots?

Do you mean if I create my own game?
THAT'S what the patch was for. People could just farm XP off bots online, so it's out. Good thing I say

AgentOtaku said:
Got up to the 3rd or 4th act tonight

...fuck ...I don't think I ever closed my jaw =O

No kidding man. The game is just so beautiful looking.
I love a game that constantly kicks my ass cause its
better than me. The ai is quite excellent and when you
get past a part you really feel like you have accomplished
something.

BobTheFork said:
THAT'S what the patch was for. People could just farm XP off bots online, so it's out. Good thing I say

Is their anyway to play online with just some friends and bots?

Zeliard

BruceLeeRoy said:
I just tried to create a custom game and add some bot but
it didn't let me press left or right on the amount of bots
options. Any ideas?

The new patch removed that option, because apparently people were ranking up by fighting against low-difficulty bots.

Zeliard

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahh so you can only add bots in skirmish mode offline then.

Looks like it. Someone else here said GG said that was only a quick, temporary solution until they could figure out something better, but we'll see.

nib95

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Is their anyway to play online with just some friends and bots?

Yes. Just create a game with bots, and your friend can join your game off the friends channel within the game. I think you clik on friends, triangle, and then join there game. When you create a game, choose one of the ones that don't have a preset, and I think you hit square to go to the edit menu. Here you can tweak all the settings, bots, team balance etc to your liking. After you've edited just select it to create the game.

If you still need help add me to your PSN now and I'll run you through.

EDIT: Just learned that the patch temporarily removed it!

nib95 said:
Yes. Just create a game with bots, and your friend can join your game off the friends channel within the game. I think you clik on friends, triangle, and then join there game. When you create a game, choose one of the ones that don't have a preset, and I think you hit square to go to the edit menu. Here you can tweak all the settings, bots, team balance etc to your liking. After you've edited just select it to create the game.

If you still need help add me to your PSN now and I'll run you through.

EDIT: Just learned that the patch temporarily removed it!

Thanks for the attempted help though nib I appreciate it.

Zeliard said:
Looks like it. Someone else here said GG said that was only a quick, temporary solution until they could figure out something better, but we'll see.

Very cool.

All GG need to do is patch a party system and this game will never leave my ps3.

I was in a GAF room for a little bit, but it sounded like I was on a playground at the projects. Wtf?

Need to set up some password protected rooms to keep out the kiddies.

HoTHiTTeR

The game is fantastic so far, but I'm still having problems pin pointing shots. It just feels delayed, even after I've altered the sensitivity settings multiple times. Any suggestions?

Zen

Banned
How do you add bots to a multiplayer game? I can never get the bot counter in 'options' to go up from Zero.

Zeliard

BruceLeeRoy said:
Very cool.

All GG need to do is patch a party system and this game will never leave my ps3.

This is already the best console shooter I've ever played, seriously. I've been really big on PC shooters for a very long time and I actually feel at home with Killzone 2. I love the way it controls, and well, pretty much everything about it from the SP to the MP. Just a fantastic game.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
While the faction balancing is good in theory, people are fucking idiots.

Not once have I been in an unforced balance mode where people remotely get the teams right, really. And sometimes it's fucking retarded, having it 2 on 4, and then having MORE people join the packed team.

HoTHiTTeR said:
The game is fantastic so far, but I'm still having problems pin pointing shots. It just feels delayed, even after I've altered the sensitivity settings multiple times. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem. Something about the controls just feels off. It really hurts me in multiplayer.
Had alot of weird lag tonight. People wouldn't die until a full second after I stopped shooting them. I was shooting a guy, stopped to reload. Then he throws a grenade at me and falls over dead...I killed alot of people after they had already killed me as well.

Zeliard said:
This is already the best console shooter I've ever played, seriously. I've been really big on PC shooters for a very long time and I actually feel at home with Killzone 2. I love the way it controls, and well, pretty much everything about it from the SP to the MP. Just a fantastic game.

I couldn't agree more. The only multiplayer games that have ever consumed me was
CS and Tribes. Nothing has ever come close on a console. With Killzone 2 though I
feel that immediate satisfaction that I used to get on a PC.

-Winnie-

Zen said:
How do you add bots to a multiplayer game? I can never get the bot counter in 'options' to go up from Zero.

Apparently the feature got taken out temporarily since people were just using bots to get easy EXP.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I played for around 6 hours today, mostly single player (Story is so....mehhhhh) and a couple in Multiplayer (crazy awesome).

Definitely an awesome game, it's taking awhile to get badges and such though.

Dante

Holy crap the shotgun Rocks!

Man, I think I am going to set the record for most deaths on veteran, I'll post my stats when I'm done, but it aint gonna be pretty :lol

Oh and is it me, or does each level get progressively better looking? :O

Online experience for me:

At first I was like: :(

Then I was like: :D

It took me a while to get used to it, but once you get used to its like a dream come true. This game is awesome. This is my next gaming haven, thank you GG! :)

Concept17

Finally joined the chaos. And what a glorious chaos it is.

Having been a long time CS player among other FPS PC games, I can comfortably say KZ2 is just as competent and amazing as the best of the best, and excels in many ways most games never dared. Its so polished, with so many subtle details in both presentation and gameplay, that its amazing such a game is this good right at launch.

Sadly I have to go out of town for a couple days this weekend... but I look forward to playing some games with GAF.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
°°ToMmY°° said:
when facing the snipers in the SP (pyrrus level),
the music was really pumping.
the music during the ending was awesome too. the orchestra crash when
rico shot visari
was excellent. Joris de Man his name is. He's incredible.

This was so good. I'm so happy for Guerrilla. So much hard work and so much pressure was put on them.

Kittonwy

Banned
KILLZONE 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif

icechai

revolutionary, you ever unlock any boost ribbons? still have no idea how you do that i've done over 10 per round for sure, or do you have to kill while in boost?

Future

AranhaHunter said:
The stupid
"Secure enemy AA Gun" objective on Salamun Bridge
is seriously pissing me the fuck off.

That part was awesome. Really shows off the AI. If you back off, the AI will actually storm forward and push you back farther than youd ever think they could. But if you suppress them and inch forward, they will get pushed back
You can kill the dude in the AA gun from afar as well

I hope Bungie is taking notes, cuz the AI in this game is the new standard in console FPS. Feels like it will hold up at Elite difficulty, and I cant wait to unlock it. This is also the new standard in FPS visuals, and delivering the chaos and epicness I expected in Halo3. Good job Sony. Killzone has delivered

Ok I unlocked the Medic's second badge and I just unlocked the Tactician, I am trying to use his first badge and the medic's second. How come it's not letting me do it?

I knew that
Terminator gunship
was gonna be a pain in the ass the second I first saw it. How are you supposed to take it down when it reaches its second phase and goes all crazy on you?
nib95 said:
I know we've had pics of it before, but it is rather sexy. Also posted in the February pick up thread.
I wish the inside artwork would've been on the outside though. Scary robot face dudes are so blasé.

.GqueB.

Banned
°°ToMmY°° said:
when facing the snipers in the SP (pyrrus level),
the music was really pumping.
I liked the music during the bridge section the most. It was CLEARLY dark knight influenced. The joker theme to more specific. E.P.I.C

I just made it to the last level of the game as well... I cant even get pass the first section. Im playing on Veteran for some reason.

Top Bottom