• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Jtrizzy

Got about halfway through the sp it's awesome. Played online for an hour or so. COD4 may finally rest in peace. Also the custom sountracks are so great for mp.

Barrett2

You know a game is good when I wake up at 5am to play it!

Trying to decide if I should continue the campaign or test the online.

Barrett2

Damn, just mowed town an entire transport vehicle full of Helghan with a turret machine gun, goddamn Saving Private Ryan-style.

This game has so many visceral moments, well worth the wait.

icechai

lol, so been leveling up Saboteur and was playing in the GAF game earlier... one of the GAF members i was fighting against actually said "Sorry" and stopped shooting at me buhahha, then a WTF... :lol Best way to get the sidearm ribbon is through the sneaky saboteur pistol hehe

Jtrizzy

Also I've just been using the default config in multiplayer. I was going to use the cod4ish one, but I'm not sure what the advantage of that one is. I guess if you toggle crouch?

HankToms

SP game is non stop action, I had to stop because it was too intense for one sitting. I stopped about 3 missions in.

MP is really fun, I didn't notice any lag at all, controls a bit quicker too. I can see myself playing this for hours on end. (like tonight)

One problem was on this one map that was shaped like a "C" or a "U" I got stuck near these stairs/briefcase/boxes area. I was stuck in crouch so I couldn't jump out, and I couldn't walk out at all. I wanted to suicide, but I couldn't figure it out how. (no grenade left unfortunately) Is there a suicide option somewhere?

My first FPS on a console, and I'm loving it :D

Zeliard

Haha I thought it was just me. Yeah, servers aren't working for me either. I got disconnected in the middle of an awesome match. :(

icechai

Cirekiller said:
Damn multiplayer was insanely fun was not a letdown at all. I suck close combat though. I shoot all over the place -.-

assault rifles aren't that great for close combat, submachine guns are ridiculous though, headshot tracers. You really still need to burst with Assault rifles even dancing around people

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sean said:
I reached
"The Cruiser"
level in SP campaign, can anyone tell me how far along I am?
You have that level, then another one and a half to go.

Jtrizzy

icechai said:
assault rifles aren't that great for close combat, submachine guns are ridiculous though, headshot tracers. You really still need to burst with Assault rifles even dancing around people

you had an awesome moment tonight when we were playing. You killed me and like 3 of my teammates with one rpg.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the aiming seems tighter in mp.

Baha

I came across a bug last night on the Bridge.

When the ISA tank destroys the front gate of the academy, an ISA tank is hurled against the gate after the explosion and then the buggy carrying my guy drives right through it. Anybody else see this happen?

Irnbru

Jtrizzy said:
you had an awesome moment tonight when we were playing. You killed me and like 3 of my teammates with one rpg. It does seem like the aiming is a little tighter in mp also, but who knows.

Oh man, that was a fun match, spawned a turrent, and got a few of your guys ;P, you got me really good a few times as well

Mik2121

That's cool. Probably they knew I had to go buy some stuff and then have dinner, so they decided to turn the servers off meanwhile.

Thanks GG! :*

j/k

nib95

Banned
Can't believe I'm completing it a 5TH time lol. Will do a 6th with Elite. Out of curiosity, is there a trophy for completing each level without any deaths? Might as well do that whilst I'm doing it in Normal. Collecting intel and shooting medals too.

icechai

Jtrizzy said:
you had an awesome moment tonight when we were playing. You killed me and like 3 of my teammates with one rpg.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the aiming seems tighter in mp.

haha yeah there were some pretty crazy moments, but i'm glad they toned down the splash damage, most of the time i can only manage to get 1 person with RPG, and its still quite easy to dodge, and considering there's only 3 rounds, most of the map time i'm using other people's guns (or my trusty pistol.)

oh one nice thing i noticed is you can knock rockets out of the air, and they swerve off! This is really noticeable against submachine gun people, i almost never could hit them in a firefight. AWESOME

IGN just put up a KZ2 MP Rank Awards FAQ... now i was looking at it and...

IGN said:
Ability: Boost
--------------------

The boost ability needs to be used once per round (and in eight separate rounds)
to get the next ability.

err wtf I've tried using it just once, then 10+ times, arghh still no boost ribbon ;_;

lawblob said:
You know a game is good when I wake up at 5am to play it!

I'm used to it with Warhawk.

Granted the stupid fucking WoW-like low level grinding you have to do to get shit done is tedious as FUCK!

Really bad design decision on the developers part IMO. Seriously, one of the first things you unlock is the ability to make a fucking clan?

Really?

How about a decent fucking gun you stupid clog making cocksuckers?!

At least give the medic badge first.

Ugh. . .

Not a horrible game; but really feels like a grindfest FPS.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The Take Out Bandit said:

Granted the stupid fucking WoW-like low level grinding you have to do to get shit done is tedious as FUCK!

Really bad design decision on the developers part IMO. Seriously, one of the first things you unlock is the ability to make a fucking clan?

Really?

Ugh. . .

Agreed. Can't believe how limited you are at the start. Reminds me of how noob unfriendly BF2 was.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
vicktormerv said:
So close to getting the rocket launcher :(
Rocket launcher? Pshhh, I NEED THE SNIPER RIFLE! :'( God, going to have to work really hard to get there. Loved being a sniper in MGO as well, but KZ2 sniper looks soooo amazing.

i still think they need to nerf the assault class/rocket launcher more, its still pretty cheap like it was in the beta. maybe lowering the ammo or lengthening the reload but either its too easy to dominate with it :lol

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

icechai

aj2good4you2 said:
i still think they need to nerf the assault class/rocket launcher more, its still pretty cheap like it was in the beta. maybe lowering the ammo or lengthening the reload but either its too easy to dominate with it :lol

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

lengthening the reload is probably the best bet, lowering ammo would make the gun a bit of a throwaway, it's just like a shooting grenade but weaker splash damage, how lame is that? :p

FabCam

Goreomedy said:
Agreed. Can't believe how limited you are at the start. Reminds me of how noob unfriendly BF2 was.

I actually rather like the idea of ranking up and stuff but it seems like the rewards come at weird intervals. Being able to make a clan being the first thing you unlock really isn't a good idea but I suppose that they really want to push the clan vs clan and Valor point system. I just want to get to medic because I know tha's the only class I really want to as.

Also, to those who suck at close combat like me: use the SMG on the smaller maps. It has hiher ammos capacity so you won't have to reload in the middle of a close quarters dog fight and it also fired very quickly.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

Really?

Ugh. . .

I agree! Well, it's my first real FPS experience and I'm doing alright so far. But I'm kinda getting tired of the rifle. Would have been more fun and *satisfying* if we could unlock the medic bage after 50 or so points.

Gibbo

What is up with this "Fix this shit Guerrilla" thing that everybody is saying?

Anyway, was on my best kill tally for the day - 23, when I got disconnected (Error 3005) i think. First disconnect for the day. *Pissed*

J-Rzez

After playing a few full games, i'm really enjoying it as expected. I actually took more of a liking to the Helghast AR instead of the ISA one for some reason too. I don't remember it being that good in Beta. Not many issues either in my games performance wise. Little hiccups here and there, but nothing really crippling. Good stuff GG.

icechai said:
lengthening the reload is probably the best bet, lowering ammo would make the gun a bit of a throwaway, it's just like a shooting grenade but weaker splash damage, how lame is that? :p

Either way i dont think one weapon should be powerful enough to completely turn the tide of the game. during the beta i would whip it out whenever we were losing badly and it was basically an instant comeback and i would finish with some crazy K/D ratio. i hoped with all the grief i caused with it in the beta people would have complained enough for guerilla to nerf the shit out of it. tried it out for the first time tonight when we were losing 0-3 and went on some crazy streak and went 67-10 or something like that and we won:lol :lol

FIX THIS SHIT!

-viper-

Banned

Really?

Ugh. . .

The assault rifles ARE the best weapons in the game.

If it bothers you so much, just play servers with your rank only.

Top Bottom