• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

patsu

Completed level 1. Veteran is scary and awesome at the same time. I think I'll switch to Normal to complete the game first.

Dante

Sooooo like online multi player in this is pretty much the best thing ever.
angry.gif

Grayman

I'm really liking parts of the game and really not liking other parts. The ai does some really smart stuff sometimes and the areas are more open and have more routes than other hyper scripted shooters but getting "stuck" at some parts is stupidly boring.

Zeliard said:
Looks like it. Someone else here said GG said that was only a quick, temporary solution until they could figure out something better, but we'll see.

damn.. so that kinda removes the only co-op like experience...

YagizY

just played online with some GAFers, had lots of fun even though I suck. That last search and destroy was bullshit though, the places we were supposed to defend we like 150 meters (I think meters?) away from us.

Dirtbag

BruceLeeRoy said:
One thing that I find very perplexing though.

This game encourages playing with your friends. It encourages
getting together the perfect team of people with varying abilities.
So you get this perfect team together and go to play online
and all end up on different teams :(

WTF

Is there really no way to keep your party together when you
go into a online game?

I remember being crucified pre-release for bringing this up in the last thread.

Will time to goto bed. So far, the campaign is pretty intense, Im liking it. I hate the menu effects!!! Im all about online though, and this is a mixed bag. I love the level design, really top notch stuff. The controls arent that great, and that effects the feel of the weapons for me. I really like the concept of leveling up, but being stuck with the same shit every spawn until you have played for fricking hours is lame! COD4 was better in this dept. The graphics are ofcourse ridiculus, even in multiplayer. Really though the maps are whats making this game for me right now!

patsu said:
Completed level 1. Veteran is scary and awesome at the same time. I think I'll switch to Normal to complete the game first.

Had the same feeling when starting the game on veteran. I thought it was way harder than the demo and wondered if that was the right thing to continue with. I stuck with veteran after the demo level and I am sooooo glad I did that. I am having such a blast with this campaign. I came home yesterday evening around 21.30, dead tired and wanted to go to bed - and thought a few minutes of Killzone 2 would be fun. I crawled into bed 2.45 in the morning :D

Angst

VibratingDonkey said:
I knew that
Terminator gunship
was gonna be a pain in the ass the second I first saw it. How are you supposed to take it down when it reaches its second phase and goes all crazy on you?

I wish the inside artwork would've been on the outside though. Scary robot face dudes are so blasé.

Use the pistol to shoot at the things that trap it, then quickly switch to RPG. After reloading the RPG, switch back to the pistol and if you're quick you can capture it again when it starts to move off. Also - make sure that you're fighting it from the corridor below the open platform.

Barso

Banned
Well my 60GB PS3 just packed in playing this.
And sony want £149 to replace with a refurb.
I can buy a new 60GB pro 360 with 1 year shop warranty.
Screw you sony.
Killzone was fun for the day but not that fun.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bsjezz said:
i don't know if this is a known issue with the game but the first tank sequence is utterly abhorrent
It's probably the low light of the game from a pure design standpoint, honestly. There's nothing that really plays like that in the rest of the game. Well, there are other vehicle sections that use a similar base gameplay type, but they're implemented in a much more natural way.

bosx2

Banned
the speech is not well mixed in the game, during cut scenes, the speech sounds out of place (not well mixed with effects/music) and during game, you hear sometimes a soldier screaming so loud, that he should be next to you, but he is 50 meters aways.. hope thats gets a tune up

I was doing pretty good earlier online. I had a k/d ratio of about 1.2, and then midnight hit. Now ten games later I have a k/d of .9. :(

Really loving online, I wish I wouldn't have put down SP to try MP out, because now I don't see myself picking SP up again for a while.

Irnbru

bosx2 said:
the speech is not well mixed in the game, during cut scenes, the speech sounds out of place (not well mixed with effects/music) and during game, you hear sometimes a soldier screaming so loud, that he should be next to you, but he is 50 meters aways.. hope thats gets a tune up

Thats the com, whenever a squad mate if far from you, I believe it switches to com speak, I might be wrong

Dementia

The hell? It's 5 in the morning?

Man, this game is addicting.

RappingGranny, that was me that friended you. Sorry I bailed out so quickly, I need to go to bed though.:lol

Poigea

Played the first 5 or so levels in the single player. Very hard to put down, I am really liking it, probably my favorite shooter in a long time. The controls were no problem to get used to and the action seems to never let up in the campaign.

I will probably be looking to try out the multiplayer tomorrow, sounds like I have a lot to look forward to.

Colocho

Banned
I love the pretty much lag free multiplayer, since I'm from South America (Chile) playing with random people online was pretty much ruined in other games like COD 4 and the such, but this one plays flawlessly.

Amazing game.

Top Bottom