• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Seraph-

Hey gaf, why don't we have a thread for starting up games? say i were to post here "Pistols Only room is up" you'd then think "hey that sounds like it would be a fun room to join lemme go find that" and we'd be able to get games going better...sounds good to me, what do you guys think? p.s. "pistols only room is up" :D

careksims

Okay so was I played in the Time to Die server and mind you, I ain't that good. Trying to get a feel for it. It took a long time til I got decent in RFoM multiplayer. It was kinda fun, but extremely hectic. Why are they playing mix X_x. I'm used to fighting a team that is the opposite faction. Kinda hard to make out who's who.

I need tons of practice. X_X

I can now agree there should have been a party lobby system. Didn't like how there seems to be no auto-balance or being on the same party automatically. RFoM's lobby party system will always be my favorite one. It was pretty perfect to me.

mintylurb

Kolgar said:
Does this really belong here? In any case, your buddy is a jackass. Anyone with any sense would never trade the 360 for a PS3, but find a way to afford both.
If you think that chat didn't belong in this thread then neither does your response. So, the guy is a jackass cause he sold his 360 to buy a ps3..jebus. Sometimes, I don't get some of you console warrior twats.

Anyway, I think I cleared 3 stages and so far died about 10 times. I really should stop going all commando.

Negaiido

careksims said:
Okay so was I played in the Time to Die server and mind you, I ain't that good. Trying to get a feel for it. It took a long time til I got decent in RFoM multiplayer. It was kinda fun, but extremely hectic. Why are they playing mix X_x. I'm used to fighting a team that is the opposite faction. Kinda hard to make out who's who.

I need tons of practice. X_X

I can now agree there should have been a party lobby system. Didn't like how there seems to be no auto-balance or being on the same party automatically. RFoM's lobby party system will always be my favorite one. It was pretty perfect to me.

I also didn't like it this time, it was also too hectic for me.
Most maps were a bit small for 32 people.

NameIess

I'm hooked on the MP campaign...
I have been playing MP for over 6 hours and can't pull myself away to play the SP campaign.
I almost have the Engineer class unlocked so once I get that I may take a break from MP and finish the SP game.

mintylurb

F#A#Oo said:
This game needs an install. It is constantly freezing my PS3... :(
Freezing how? I notice little stutters during cut scenes but haven't noticed any freezes yet.
I really do wish GG would provide us with an option to install the game though.

JB1981

I never make a server that supports anything more than 20 players. I learned from the beta that Killzone 2 is not fun with 32 players. Maybe on like two maps it would be fun, but I find 2 0 players to be the sweet spot on most maps (excluding the desert map).

careksims

Didn't they say they would fix the little hitches when the game loads or saves? I love the game but when you're immerse and suddenly it just pauses for a couple seconds to load or save, takes you right out. I have a 230gb HD! Bring it on the installs! :D Think they could patch that up? Just make it an option.

F#A#Oo

Banned
mintylurb said:
Freezing how? I notice little stutters during cut scenes but haven't noticed any freezes yet.
I really do wish GG would provide us with an option to install the game though.

It makes my PS3 HDD noisy...and I've had 3 PS3 freezing moments today. My PS3 is only 6 months old and I have nver had this happen on any other game. My friend is also experiencing these same issues...

Shearie

I've been a little anti-social for the past few months, now I'm a complete hermit thanks to this game's multiplayer. Fun games with the GAFers I played with the past few days. Can't wait for some GAF vs GAF clan battles to happen.

mr_nothin

Banned
I had to leave.

It was getting a little TOO crazy.
There was a lot of lag there too. I'd shoot ppl in the face and have it do nothing.
It was fun at radac though!

mintylurb

F#A#Oo said:
It makes my PS3 HDD noisy...and I've had 3 PS3 freezing moments today. My PS3 is only 6 months old and I have nver had this happen on any other game. My friend is also experiencing these same issues...
That's odd. I know the demo made my ps3 hdd rather noisy but haven't noticed any unusal hdd noise when playing off the retail disc. I'll check again later though.

mr_nothin

Banned
careksims said:
Didn't they say they would fix the little hitches when the game loads or saves? I love the game but when you're immerse and suddenly it just pauses for a couple seconds to load or save, takes you right out. I have a 230gb HD! Bring it on the installs! :D Think they could patch that up? Just make it an option.
PC games have done this for a long time. THe little pauses dont hurt the game.

Arnie

alba said:
that was fun especially me going behind a dude, reviving my buddy then melee with the revive gun the dude without him noticing a thing :O

:lol
Ha you revived me, it was by the door on Radec Academy. I lol'd and saluted you through the microphone.

Ephemeris said:
wtf. my game froze during the GAF game
Same here.

Also, to whoever is creating these games, could you PLEASE take out the smaller maps from the rotation? :p

32 players doesn't really work on every map.

Some pretty awesome capture & holds in there though. :D

oneHeero

Epic games till it froze :(

So many good moments, love the random teams no stacking and shit.

Gaf games for life.

JB whats your psn? I didnt notice you in those games. I am getting back on now hopefully someone made a game.

dwin45

Danne-Danger said:
Same here.

Also, to whoever is creating these games, could you PLEASE take out the smaller maps from the rotation? :p

32 players doesn't really work on every map.
32 players is total shit on Corinth Crossing.

J-Rzez

No freezes or lock ups here, nor with anyone I know that picked up the game. Even online never locked up yet, which is impressive for an online title to me at launch. Only one d/c as well so far. Lag spikes online, sure here and there. That annoying "loading" pause in SP yep. Not a single freeze yet though.

JB1981

oneHeero said:
Epic games till it froze :(

So many good moments, love the random teams no stacking and shit.

Gaf games for life.

JB whats your psn? I didnt notice you in those games. I am getting back on now hopefully someone made a game.

Tag is Beamber. I don't think I was in your guys' games but we had about 15 gaffers playing i think

Big-E

Just beat the game now. Ending was really well executed and I felt the last boss fight was pretty good. The battle leading up to that though is so fucking hard. Took me forever to get past the first part but I was able to get past the third part ok. Overall, this is the best single player experience in the console FPS category so far for this generation and I think it may be the best even with counting recent PC titles. Game was hard, Helghast were smart and the weapons were satisfying. I would have liked a bit more story exposition but it all came together nicely in the end. The fact that they end the game
with complete and utter dread
was refreshing and so much more unique then every other game.

Proc

I cannot wait for a few months when everyone has their unlocks and warzone is played the way it is meant to. I love this game online. Played with a couple buddies of mine. One of them was convinced he'd be playing cod4 as his main game of choice and wouldn't get over it. That conversation was damn annoying lol. I think they both can coexist, although personally I'll be playing more kz2.

This truely is a killer app for ps3. It cannot be denied. Sony should be pushing this game like nobody's business.

Grayman

mr_nothin said:
PC games have done this for a long time. THe little pauses dont hurt the game.
yep, split second loading is fine when it occurs in set spots like KZ2. It is much better than a fade to black and loading screen considering how fast it is.

ianp622

Zen said:
About the color draining, I found it frustrating for how it obscured your ability to fight, I know the effect they were going for, but I wonder if they ever considered not disaturating the Helghasts red eyes along with the rest of the frame, it would help you keep track of who's shooting you, and were, as well as help enforce the menacing nature of them, imo.

I love how it becomes harder to fight as you take damage. It's more realistic and it leads you to blind-fire out of desperation, or take cover to regain health.

dagZ

all your games are frozen? is this really happening? I was thinking of picking it up right now but I can wait if its just freezing for people.

Geoff9920

Is the random freezing a common thing? I was paranoid that it was my ps3. Sucks though, I was having a great game (for me) late last night with a bunch of other GAF'ers and the damn game froze. A potential ~75 points down the drain. Had to call it a night after that.

edit: And I'm not referring the the pause in the singleplayer, I mean the whole game locking up during a multiplayer match.

dwin45

dagZ said:
all your games are frozen? is this really happening? I was thinking of picking it up right now but I can wait if its just freezing for people.
We were all playing in the same game and it froze on all of us. That's the first time it's froze since I started playing.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
careksims said:

Yea, it's pretty bad. It kills immersion too because the game stutters and you know, "set piece".

dagZ said:
First time for me (~10h+ online), it was just a really insane game with pretty much 32 players throwing nades at the same spot (Helghast spawn). :p

mr_nothin

Banned
Ummm...with as crazy as the GAF games get. Of course its going to freeze. GAF server was the most hectic server yet.
20+ ppl throwing grenades in 1 place.

My game has yet to freeze on me. It's not a wide spread problem.

Ephemeris

dagZ said:
15 guys shot 15 rockets simultaneously that ripped a hole in space time that overloaded the Cell's 4D processor.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason. General Ephemeris is rarely wrong.

oneHeero

JB1981 said:
Tag is Beamber. I don't think I was in your guys' games but we had about 15 gaffers playing i think
Didnt reconize your psn when you finally accepted/added me.

Will notate your gaf and join you later, I'm under F1nestOne, Wollan and I had turrets everywhere lol

Zen said:
I have a feeling that
everyone on the ground is as good as dead, seeing as a masive Helghast attack fleet was moving in to pick apart what little was left of the ISA battle groups.

About the color draining, I found it frustrating for how it obscured your ability to fight, I know the effect they were going for, but I wonder if they ever considered not disaturating the Helghasts red eyes along with the rest of the frame, it would help you keep track of who's shooting you, and were, as well as help enforce the menacing nature of them, imo.

They really did a disservice to this game buy choosing the handle the story the way they did.

It is possible they will just go counter attack Vekta or Earth though I think.

Ephemeris

oneHeero said:
Didnt reconize your psn when you finally accepted/added me.

Will notate your gaf and join you later, I'm under F1nestOne, Wollan and I had turrets everywhere lol

Ah you were on my team. Good game.

Top Bottom