• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
To use boost with all classes, can I just use Assault, boost once, die, and change characters?

Rikyfree

Rez said:
Why bother?
I like a challenge :D

Edit: I also need to get in a gaf game so I can actually talk to some of you guys! I tried joining one when kittonwy was in one, but it was, as expected full.

FFObsessed said:
That GAF game just then was amazing. I never thought so many players on Radec Academy of all places would be so fun.

171 points and 87 kills.
You must have badges out the ass or something because I had almost as many kills as you and my deaths weren't bad either, but only 98 points. :(
I really need to get grinding. :lol

Spoo

:D I continue to love and cherish each and every KZ2 match I play with my beloved GAFFers.

Except for when Full-Recovery is there. He's too good :D

GAFw FTW.

Wallach

Just finished the SP campaign. Pretty awesome overall, though there were certainly areas (mainly in the last few hours there) where I was cussing like a sailor. Wasn't even playing on Veteran, either (and I'm glad now that I wasn't).

My only complaint really is that I think they should have been more careful with some of the encounter designs. There really isn't quite enough feedback for the player to know what they need to do; a few sections were probably a lot more frustrating than they should have been simply because of confusion as to what was required.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The Bridge sequence is insane...but the framerate takes a nose dive.

BobM said:
??? wow. So you stop playing to come complain to all of us. :lol

Just restart that section checkpoints are very generous imo.

Thanks, Smart Guy! Too bad that didn't work.

DoomGyver

Guys join GAFW WARZONE

we need people

Spoo said:
:D I continue to love and cherish each and every KZ2 match I play with my beloved GAFFers.

Except for when Full-Recovery is there. He's too good :D

GAFw FTW.

I'm sorry I ruined your fun. :lol

dralla

god damn, just had 180 points on radac, we were down 3-0, outnumbers, and still came back to win.

whats with the website, it keeps crashing on me, I wanted to check out the 'battle replay'

KZObsessed

Revolutionary said:
You must have badges out the ass or something because I had almost as many kills as you and my deaths weren't bad either, but only 98 points. :(
I really need to get grinding. :lol

You kept killing me at the end damn it :D

I did deliver some packages and plant/diffuse some bombs as well as the kills so that might be it.
Oh and head fetish medal ftw :p

DoomGyver

Alright, I started GAF TIME TO DIE! because no one was joining the other one.

Make sure you search World wide and for people of any rank.

HoTHiTTeR

Full Recovery said:

Do you know who's running GAFw and GAFW clans?

calder

Shit, I finally get into the GAF game and I get d/ced, it's happend a few times already today. :| I could barely play the beta because of the disconnects, I really really hope it's not as bad as that.

Anyone else get Error 9052? I played a few rounds earlier today with no issues, but now I can't get through a single match. I wonder if it's related to my headset, when I first played I didn't bother with the headset at all. My PS3 is on the routers DMZ, so I can't fiddle with ports (and shouldn't need to of course).

Oh, and now thanks to bishoptl I know to join a squad, thanks. :lol Hey, there's a LOT of menus and settings in the multi of this game, a lot to take in a first! ;) One thing though, why do fools make squads if they aren't going to let anyone in them? Just before I got into the GAF game there was 2 squads on my side, and neither idiot 'leader' would let me into his squad. One squad was empty, one had just a 2 guys.

ElyrionX

Uhhh, anyone else having massive frustration playing online?

The loads are slow, the "syncing" with server and client is slow and the games are all laggy. I shoot a guy and he freezes in place and 10 seconds later, I get the on-screen indicator that I killed him. And then, I'm being dropped from the servers I play on and don't earn any points as a result.

WTF is going? Is this game using dedicated servers or P2P connections?

Also, the unlockables GUI is fucking horrendous. They don't give you any info as to what all the badges are for. In between games, you can't even check your rank progression (beyond the first time you're shown the screen when your score from the last game is added) and unlockables.

So I just got to the part in the campaign where
The helghast have invaded your ship and you go through the security door to this unbelievable vista of all the Vektan ships on fire and being boarded
just all hell breaking lose. I cant believe how amazing it looks its simply mindblowing. Aside from people who just hate the controls I cant understand why people aren't having a absolute phenomenal time with this game.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Takes a nose dive? :lol

Even with all the hectic shit happening the framerate is smooth throughout.

I just loaded that part up again and I dont know what he is talking about. Part of what makes
the section so incredible is how smooth everything is no matter what is happening.

TheFatOne

Finally I can sleep now. The controls finally clicked and now I may be able to sleep lol. I also played a GAF game hooray and finished third. About half way into the game the controls just clicked for me so awesome.This game is so much fun. Man am I going to be tired for work, but it was all worth it.

Rapping Granny said:
ITS INSANE.

RAWKAT LAUNCHER WOOO.

The rockets were a pain in the small hallway. This game is so hectic but fun. I can't beleive how good this game is. I wonder if I can see the battle replay I meled two or three people in a row. It was awesome. The clan games are going to be sick can't wait.

Chiggs

Gold Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
I just loaded that part up again and I dont know what he is talking about. Part of what makes
the section so incredible is how smooth everything is no matter what is happening.

No, it's really just the motion blur that gives the illusion. Crysis does the same thing for similar reasons.

Or maybe I was just using more grenades.

Rikyfree

ElyrionX said:
Uhhh, anyone else having massive frustration playing online?

The loads are slow, the "syncing" with server and client is slow and the games are all laggy. I shoot a guy and he freezes in place and 10 seconds later, I get the on-screen indicator that I killed him. And then, I'm being dropped from the servers I play on and don't earn any points as a result.

WTF is going? Is this game using dedicated servers or P2P connections?

Also, the unlockables GUI is fucking horrendous. They don't give you any info as to what all the badges are for. In between games, you can't even check your rank progression (beyond the first time you're shown the screen when your score from the last game is added) and unlockables.
I don't know, man. I havent had any lag yet at all. Try making sure that when you search for games, use the my region search parameter. I think that has alot to do with it. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you, mate.

Irnbru

Full Recovery said:

I'll try to join in, in a bit.

TheFatOne said:
The rockets were a pain in the small hallway. This game is so hectic but fun. I can't beleive how good this game is. I wonder if I can see the battle replay I meled two or three people in a row. It was awesome. The clan games are going to be sick can't wait.

lol Tactician FTW.

Stillmatic

I've tried looking for GAF games a few time but rarely find them, w/ worldwide and any rank selected. :/ I've come across "Time to die" a couple of times but go to join and the shit is full, refresh and it's gone. :lol

calder

Dammit, dropped again. Played for a while though, but a massive annoyance is the fact I never get any xp or anything for all the matches I disconnect out of. It makes sense, but shit according to the game I've played 16 minutes total and I'm about halfway done the Recruit level, the hour or 2 I've played isn't counted. :p And in the GAF match I was actually on the winning side for a few modes, that's unusual. ;)

One thing that network errors can't hide though, I am terrrriiiibbblleee at this game. :lol So bad right now, not only am I always lost and moving around like a tranquilized semi-retarded puppy, but I insist on getting up on a balcony or open platform and standing there looking around... for the .001 seconds it takes for someone to snipe my dumb ass. I really have to stop that.

EDIT: for finding games the Communication -> Friends is gold. I always have at least 4 or 5 gaf folks from my Friends list playing and generally if there is a GAF game going a few will be in it - except for Ploid, who is always in some random game and then I join it he kills me a bunch of times because he's like that. :| The GAF games are definitely played at a higher level than the average slap fight I've found in random online matches today.

Just finished the campaign, clocking in at 6h 50m. I played on whatever difficulty is below veteran, i guess it's normal but i forget. Loved the ending, so I don't get some hate on that. Controls are perfectly fine so stfu to all the whiners. Final boss was really cool and it took me 27 minutes to beat him, dying only once. I found him pretty simple when you figure out his pattern but holy fuck i can just imagine how he is on elite difficulty. Jumping into multi tomorrow.

Melfice7

I forgot how good the online was!

When the beta ended i had to tell myself that it wasnt that good to ease the pain of waiting so long but man now it hits me like a freight train all over again.. dont even care that im rusty as hell and getting raped it's so good!

You know... There's almost too much tension during Killzone.
I find myself wanting a break from all the intensity after a couple hours.

I think its because I end up so highly focused during gameplay that I get fatigued.

vpance

I think my game is fucked somehow. I'm at the control room in the refinery and I'm supposed to meet Rico but he's not there? Nothing happens. And before that I couldn't head up the elevator after pressing the button. So I had to restart the checkpoint a few times. WTF

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I also finished the game tonight, took about six hours on Trooper and I hardly got any intel or shot many of the emblems.
Overall, the levels were all incredible but the story didn't really pick up until later. The ending was great and satisfying, but still leaves more to offer.

End game spoilers
Radec's fight was so amazing with surround sound. Everything was so hopeless at the end with Sev just looking out. I was also pissed that Rico killed Visari, but I assume I was supposed to be.

Also I'm glad I never watched Visari's speech before putting the game in. That was awesome.

Aladuf

Banned
These 26-man GAF matches are pure chaos. This game is just fucking insanity at all times and I love it.

In the GAF TIME TO DIE! room it was completely non-stop mayhem and I've never experienced any multiplayer like that before. So addicting.

Just finished back-to-back FIRST PLACE games. 120 points in each one. I love being a tactician and getting my team out of tight spots and into prime positions. It's soooooooo much fun. :D :D :D

Stillmatic

calder said:
EDIT: for finding games the Communication -> Friends is gold. I always have at least 4 or 5 gaf folks from my Friends list playing and generally if there is a GAF game going a few will be in it - except for Ploid, who is always in some random game and then I join it he kills me a bunch of times because he's like that. :| The GAF games are definitely played at a higher level than the average slap fight I've found in random online matches today.

Sweet cheers, i'll give that ago after i clean up my friends list a bit.

UntoldDreams said:
You know... There's almost too much tension during Killzone.
I find myself wanting a break from all the intensity after a couple hours.

I think its because I end up so highly focused during gameplay that I get fatigued.

This game makes you work! The same thing happens with me. After a few rounds i need a 10-15 minute break, it feels like i don't blink. :lol

Do stats not update instantly? I played in my first two online matches right now, but my stats only show me with 30 points or so, but I should be over 100.

RJNavarrete said:
Just finished back-to-back FIRST PLACE games. 120 points in each one. I love being a tactician and getting my team out of tight spots and into prime positions. It's soooooooo much fun. :D :D :D

Medics keep the team going :p, though I just unlocked tactician, do you just have to keep throwing spawn grenades to unlock the air sentry?

Top Bottom