• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ElyrionX said:
Uhhh, anyone else having massive frustration playing online?

The loads are slow, the "syncing" with server and client is slow and the games are all laggy. I shoot a guy and he freezes in place and 10 seconds later, I get the on-screen indicator that I killed him. And then, I'm being dropped from the servers I play on and don't earn any points as a result.

WTF is going? Is this game using dedicated servers or P2P connections?

Also, the unlockables GUI is fucking horrendous. They don't give you any info as to what all the badges are for. In between games, you can't even check your rank progression (beyond the first time you're shown the screen when your score from the last game is added) and unlockables.

Everything has been smooth for me. I played like 4 hours straight with no lag or anything. Also I think you can tab over in the lobby to check everything out (rank progression included) and once you get something unlocked it fully explains what it is.

Zeliard

calder said:
Dammit, dropped again. Played for a while though, but a massive annoyance is the fact I never get any xp or anything for all the matches I disconnect out of. It makes sense, but shit according to the game I've played 16 minutes total and I'm about halfway done the Recruit level, the hour or 2 I've played isn't counted. :p

This bugs me too, one of the very few things about the game that does. If you play on servers with a full mission rotation, it can take a while to finish up an entire match, and if you get disconnected (or if you have to leave) during it then you lose all of your ranking progress and stats.

And the way their points system works, with the multiplier bonuses you can get at the end of the match, they can't really have your rank update every time you get points in the game. It has to wait until it finishes.

Multiplayer's so fun that it barely gets in the way of my enjoyment, though.

Stillmatic

razgriz417 said:
Medics keep the team going :p, though I just unlocked tactician, do you just have to keep throwing spawn grenades to unlock the air sentry?

Yeah, just keep using them. Keep in mind when using Spawn Grenades that your teammates spawn in the direction facing towards you when you first throw them.

methane47

WHAT THE F!!!!

In the most epic game of all time with it being my teams only chance at a win... We have both bombs planted and with 5 seconds on the friggin clock till detonation... My freaking internet dies.. and logs me out.. I log back in seconds later...

BAM world is full... Not only did I lose 30-40 points.. ALso totally crashed off of my adreneline high ::ANGRYFACE::

Edit: ALso.. Spawn points are SOOOOO usefull HOLY CRAP! lol... When i first was reading bout the different classes I read 'spawn points" well that's a waste of a class.. Man i can't wait till i lvl that much so I can be soo usefull to my team

Edit2: Did we get the bomb to blow?!?!?!

Wow just got an earfull from my teammembers in a Search and Retrieve game. I dont know any of the maps yet, but stupid me runs over the propaganda speaker for whatever the hell it is. So I'm running around, trying to go upstairs to the drop off point. Only I keep getting disoriented and ended up running in circles. Guys were yelling "Get the fuck over here! No, this way goddamnit!" :lol Eventually I find my way up, and another teammember says "OK..FOLLOW ME! Drop down here. Now go to <something>." I'm all "WHAT?! What do I do?" So I see something and start shooting it. Dude impatiently says "No, don't shoot it!" Then someone shoots me and I die. Another team member picks it up and drops it off for the win.

OK, NOW MY QUESTION. In a search and retrieve mission, when I get to the drop off point what the hell do I do??? What button do I press to drop it off? Can someone give me the 411? There's nothing in the instruction manual, and Killzone.com is down so I can't look at the faq. Please help me from getting yelled at again! :(

zeloe326

Just finished the single player campaign. What a awesome rollercoster ride from begining to end. Last fight though almost fucking ruined the game for me, dying so many times, but I pulled through. Now time to join my fellow gaffers for some online fun.

Captain N

NeoUltima said:
Damn that last match in the Industrial District in "GAF Time to Die!" was fucking insane :lol

I was getting killed everytime I spawned! It was something like 16 - 9 in terms of players...I couldn't run around a corner without getting blasted by someone or their bot.

PartlyCloudlike said:
OK, NOW MY QUESTION. In a search and retrieve mission, when I get to the drop off point what the hell do I do??? What button do I press to drop it off? Can someone give me the 411? There's nothing in the instruction manual, and Killzone.com is down so I can't look at the faq. Please help me from getting yelled at again! :(

You just run to the point and that is it. Nothing else required

Chiggs

Gold Member
I really enjoy the flamethrower in this game. In other shooters, the flamethrower is almost like a novelty, but it is seriously useful in this game. So satisfying to rainbow those hiding Helghasts. :lol

Big-E

Chiggs said:
I really enjoy the flamethrower in this game. In other shooters, the flamethrower is almost like a novelty, but it is seriously useful in this game. So satisfying to rainbow those hiding Helghasts. :lol

Ya, I would say that it is the best flame thrower in recent memory.

Zeliard

Chiggs said:

Yeah, the arc on it is awesome. It both looks cool and is actually quite useful indeed, just arcing it over cover.

I still don't get the complaints about the graphical effect on the flamethrower.

First place again. Only 96 points this time around. Assault badge is here. Gonna try it out for a match or two, but I really think tactician is my calling. :D

I just finished! Normal difficulty even has some TOUGH spots here and there. Though, the end wasn't any worse than the other "tight spots" for me.

The levels on the
ISA Cruiser
are friggin' great looking. I'd like an entire game set on that beautiful ship. :lol Also, the
mech
... WOW. So good.

The game could probably use a little more game time. That buggy needs a driving level, not sure what else could be added to pad the length but as it is it is pretty short. I beat the game in two sittings, one last night and one tonight.

Hopefully a sequel will be longer since they won't have to devote so much dev time to the engine the next go around.

zeloe326

Is there a gaf game going tonight, and if so, how do I find it. Also, FFobsessed, can you include me into the East Coast Gaf Clan or is it already filled?

JB1981

Hmm.... anyone else want to leave search and destroy out of the gametype rotation - only one i dislike. Love all the other ones, though.

Had a great time with the GAFFERS. First time I've EVER had 17 people playing the same game on my PS3. Game is going to be huge if my PSN friend's list is anything to go by :lol

I am becoming more precise with my aiming too ... anyone else finding this? For future games I'd like to either lower the player count or keep it at 24-26 and leave the smaller maps out of the rotation. In my opinion, the game is at its best with 16 players on maps like Blood Gracht and Academy. 24 on Salaman Market is perfect. I finally made Lieutenant tonight. Can't wait to get even higher. My fucking hands hurt like a bitch right now.

Also, they have seriously improved the netcode since the beta because the lag with 24 players with the amount of crazy shit that was going on in that last GAF game would have been really awful a few months ago.

This is honestly the first true EVENT game that has hit the PS3 imo. Yes, I am including MGS 4. I

ugh, I'm not a fan of Visari Hammer. Those choke points at the spawn camp are like chocolate for idiots. The opponent that has the high ground has fish in a barrel, and I gotta watch my team punch bullets with their forehead for ten minutes.

THINK, ARGH.

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Doesn't work for some reason.
Yep, I picked up someones sniper during our games and I couldn't figure out the 5x zoom either, I tried all of the d-pad and then some other random buttons to see if I would get lucky but never did. No clue what it is.

methane47

lost network connection again :(

Q: Why dont people like to go into squads?

Aladuf said:
Yep, I picked up someones sniper during our games and I couldn't figure out the 5x zoom either, I tried all of the d-pad and then some other random buttons to see if I would get lucky but never did. No clue what it is.

up on the d-pad.. You have to be zoomed in at the time.

JB1981

methane47 said:
lost network connection again :(

Q: Why dont people like to go into squads?

I think some people just don't know how. I send squad invites at the beginning of every game. First thing I do before picking a class - squads are essential to winning.

Aladuf

Banned
methane47 said:
up on the d-pad.. You have to be zoomed in at the time.
I was, but...

dragonflys545 said:
You have to unlock it for multiplayer.
... it seems like this was my problem.

Glad to know this is what it was, if I had that 5x zoom I probably would have had a couple of snipes tonight on some guys waaaaay far away.

WretchedTruman said:
ugh, I'm not a fan of Visari Hammer. Those choke points at the spawn camp are like chocolate for idiots. The opponent that has the high ground has fish in a barrel, and I gotta watch my team punch bullets with their forehead for ten minutes.

THINK, ARGH.
Day 2, people are still learning the maps.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Winterblink said:
Day 2, people are still learning the maps.
Yeah, I don't even know the names, beside the academy. A couple seem way too small for 26 or 32 players though. It was just pure chaos all the time. It's fun but sometimes I like to stay alive a little longer. :lol

Is there a GAF game up now? I might get back online.

Aladuf said:
I was, but...

... it seems like this was my problem.

Glad to know this is what it was, if I had that 5x zoom I probably would have had a couple of snipes tonight on some guys waaaaay far away.

didn't stop me from killing bishop:p

don't hurt me please.

Why do I keep getting disconnected from games?! How the fuck am I suppose to rank up when I lose all my XP when I get disconnected before a match ends?

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Cellbomber said:
You just run to the point and that is it. Nothing else required

Thanks Cellbomber. They kept telling me to walk up to some device. I couldn't tell what they were talking about. Is it some item on the ground? Or some box? I was seriously confused because I was clearly in the green pentagon area displayed on the map.

.GqueB.

Banned
Big-E said:
Ya, I would say that it is the best flame thrower in recent memory.
Yea dude. This was my first time playing above my rank and the whole time I was like WTFFFFFF is goin on.

Being able to spawn right there never the target is pretty cheapsies though. Too much. Much to much.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Multiplayer just looks so damn good. It's quite incredible. So many filters and explosions. There was one rocket explosion on the Midgarish map during our first round of gaf games and everyone went, "What the fuck was that?" The entire screen shook and there was this enormous smoke cloud.

Timan

Developer
Hellsing321 said:
Why do I keep getting disconnected from games?! How the fuck am I suppose to rank up when I lose all my XP when I get disconnected before a match ends?

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Happening a TON here :( also whats with everyone killing each other. Don't know how many times/servers tonight I'd shoot someone who killed me and he'd die by me 5 seconds later.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
RJNavarrete said:
First place again. Only 96 points this time around. Assault badge is here. Gonna try it out for a match or two, but I really think tactician is my calling. :D

Did you stick with Assault through the matches, or did you use him, boost once, and whenever you died switched to something else?

methane47

Hellsing321 said:

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

same

FIX THIS SHT GUERILLA!!!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh how I love the proximity voice. I was blammin' those ISA, and they were all a group of friends. We were losing pretty good at first.

"Damn man ARE SHIT BE ROLLIN'!"
"We got these mothafuckas"

Then I go at them with a shotgun, killed two but the other got me.

"Oh shit a shotgun!"
"Pick it up pick it up!"
"Damn man a shotgun! How'd he get a shotgun!"

Then we got to Search and Destroy (Visari Hammer) and they're defending. I run into the small room.

"OH SHIT SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN!"
"THROW A GRENADE!"
"IS THAT MY GRENADE OR HIS GRENADE? OH SHI-"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Ah man what th-"

Then I killed then on the ground with the pistol. The silence that followed was pure awesome. :lol

Dirtbag

man those were some pretty intense matches.
Visari Hammer is fucking terrible and search and destroy is basically headquarters with unlimited respawns. UGH!

That "Helghan Harlem" map or whatever its fucking called is tits! ( The one with the greenish sky and the high bridge in the center ). So good!

Man the tactician could be a really cheap class. All you have to do is put up spawn near the other team's base and your team will win. works great at the Saluman Market.

Top Bottom