• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

J-Rzez

OMG... I ganked a sniper rifle from someone. Seriously, the fine aiming with tilt is unbelievable! I love it so much, I think it's my favorite usage of motion control/tilt a PS3 game has had to date. It's so incredible. I was smoking, smoking fools with it at 2x. I gotta get some crazy xp to unlock that gun. What is it at? The 2800xp point?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Woo, General.

Saboteur is a fucking blast. Hearing people freak out when you perfectly coalesce into a group of the enemy, and proceed to tear them all away is awesome.

I started out adoring the single shot, but by the end of that level I was all SMG.

And then I realize it's 5AM. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

*sips the Kool Aid*

I really hope Guerilla gets to the issues. Namely playing with friends. We've been resorting to organizing them via messengers. It's pretty fucking shitty. :\

Dizzan

MINI Member
The loading glitch in SP is fucking ridiculous. The game was ready for a month and they couldn't spend time fixing it?????? Wtf guerilla?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Woot!

I was able to pick up a copy.

I was down in Akihabara today to get some headphones and I found a store selling the Euro (UK?) version for 5,500 Yen (around 56 USD) so I grabbed it without hesitation. I can't wait to try it later tonight.

Schrade

Mik2121 said:
Oh man, I just played a game and when it changed to Assassination on our team (we had to defend someone), that guy either didn't know what was going on or was fucking retarded, but he went STRAIGHT to the enemies, and of course, they took him down in like 20 seconds after the mode changed.

Seriously, some people doesn't know how to fucking play the game and they are not just making themselves lose, but their whole team. Retards!
Easy there Mik... some people are playing the game for their first time so there's bound to be a lot of confusion.

I feel like a complete moron on the new maps (vs. the beta maps) because I don't know the layout on them at all. Good god the Visari's Hammer one just kills me. It's so vertical.

jax (old)

Banned
xenix said:
Yeah, was a little surprised myself...

on that story note:

they killed templar, I'm assuming the tech woman (elena?), garza and of course visari

so I'd say the story writers aren't afraid of a little blood shed :)

I chuckled when radec shot himself in the head.
It was awesome.

that said, I'm playing now to find INTEL and helghast symbols and no, I don't find this fun at all. Might get a faq to do this. I'm glad I couldn't be bother hunting for it during the actual game because its a pain in the ass to spin round and round in those environments.

is there a search function for matches (ie. if i want to search "gaf" how can i do?)?

how do i unlock the second badge for the engineer (the one that creates turrets)?

Xater

°°ToMmY°° said:
is there a search function for matches (ie. if i want to search "gaf" how can i do?)?

how do i unlock the second badge for the engineer (the one that creates turrets)?

Um the standard engineer badge creates turrets.

SnakeXs

°°ToMmY°° said:

Nope.

And, create bots. You need to get 8 ribbons. You get one by being in a match where your bots kill 5 people, I think.

After those 8 you'll unlock th next ability, which is repair.

SnakeXs said:
Nope.

And, create bots. You need to get 8 ribbons. You get one by being in a match where your bots kill 5 people, I think.

After those 8 you'll unlock th next ability, which is repair.

thanks. tonight it will be mine!

hteng

Banned
all i have to say is, the servers sucked, lag in every goddam region. I thought it was my connection, then i popped in COD4, SF4 and SC4, at least i can get 3 to 4 bar games, playing KZ2 online is frustrating, i really hope they'll put in a connectivity bar in future updates. Seriously, i had to play the game kamikaze style, once i got assault, all i did was boost up to people's face and blow them up, killing me in the process.

SnakeXs

I'm actually a tiny bit confused on badges myself. I didn't follow the whole system pre launch much, and assumed it was like Final Fantasy 5. You level up a secondary ability enough and you can use that ability on any other job. But I leveled up my Engineer all the way and instead of being able to equip the repair badge on another class, HE can equip some other secondary skills.

I dunno, I didn't mess around much, heat of the moment, 5 AM. That's what tomorrow's for.

Mik2121

hteng said:
all i have to say is, the servers sucked, lag in every goddam region. I thought it was my connection, then i popped in COD4, SF4 and SC4, at least i can get 3 to 4 bar games, playing KZ2 online is frustrating, i really hope they'll put in a connectivity bar in future updates. Seriously, i had to play the game kamikaze style, once i got assault, all i did was boost up to people's face and blow them up, killing me in the process.
Funny enough, the servers work flawlessly for me, even though I'm in Japan and playing with Americans and Europeans.. uhmm..

Btw I just finished the "GAF TIME TO DIE" and damn it was fun!. But the match settings are a bit too long imo. 12 (15?) minutes for each thing seems like a lot to me. I'd rather have it being 5 minutes each mission..

Loudninja

hteng said:

All my games been lag free.

G-Bus

Banned
hteng said:

Haven't had a single problem with lag. That sucks man :(
Only thing that's bothered me is getting disconnected. Hasn't happened a whole lot but I have seen it brought up before so I know I'm not alone.

Just unlocked Engineer. Can't believe some people already have the sniper rifle unlocked.

Spoo

Mik2121 said:
Funny enough, the servers work flawlessly for me, even though I'm in Japan and playing with Americans and Europeans.. uhmm..

Btw I just finished the "GAF TIME TO DIE" and damn it was fun!. But the match settings are a bit too long imo. 12 (15?) minutes for each thing seems like a lot to me. I'd rather have it being 5 minutes each mission..

Matches need to be that long so peeps can actually level up and get new weapons/classes, etc. Otherise, it'd take forever :}

when will i be able to combine a primary badge with the secondary one i want? i unlocked the secondary one for the medic, but can't mix it with engineer...

Barrett2

Does anyone have any more anecdotal evidence about how well this is selling? I got what looked like the last copy at my Best Buy on Friday, so thats my observation. Anyone else?

Ashour

Dizzan said:
Just got up to the part where
Garza is killed

Anyone know how long I have left?

About 3 more levels.

By the way I find the replay feature from Killzone2.com excellent, I was able to find what I did wrong on one of the maps and was able to not do it again the next time I played.

Ilparazzo

°°ToMmY°° said:
when will i be able to combine a primary badge with the secondary one i want? i unlocked the secondary one for the medic, but can't mix it with engineer...
You have to get the badge for the secondary ability of engineer to use other classes abilities on it. 8x Repair 5 things and then you are good to go.

Xater

lawblob said:
Does anyone have any more anecdotal evidence about how well this is selling? I got what looked like the last copy at my Best Buy on Friday, so thats my observation. Anyone else?

it will probably take the top spot all over Europe.

Dante

:0

:O

I didn't get to play in any GAF rooms, I got home too late from my GF's work party :(, but GODDAMN multi player on this is pretty much the best thing EVER!

I don't see this game leaving my PS3 for a looooooooong time. I didn't even play SP tonight just straight up MP madness. Man TTP, PH, and Pressador got some pretty nice stats going on. I suck, but I'll be damned if I'm not having a great time :)

Dante

lawblob said:
Anyone playing MP this morning? Add me to your friends list, I want to start playing with GAFFers.

PSN - lawblob

Is it morning already?? :lol I suppose I should get some sleep.

Sean

Banned
lawblob said:

I checked a few hours ago, got 0 kills and 3 deaths (intentionally :lol) in my first MP match before quitting out and was ranked 244,376 on leaderboards - so at least that many people went online with the game since it launched.

Dante

1 more thing before bed.

The Chirp.

Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

fasttimesatridgemonthighbradcaptain.jpg

Seraph-

Got a room up called"HG BodyCount" seems like it could be fun, it's hand guns only(so it'd be easy to unlock the revolver) with round based body count @ 7 mins / 20 kills . . . psn is Seraph- add me if you want to be able to find game easier.:D

cakefoo

Seraph- said:
Got a room up called"HG BodyCount" seems like it could be fun, it's hand guns only(so it'd be easy to unlock the revolver) with round based body count @ 7 mins / 20 kills . . . psn is Seraph- add me if you want to be able to find game easier.:D
Can you up the kill max? To get the badge you'd need to have 50% of the kills on your team!

Raist

Banned
Gully State said:
Are you guys staying on default sensitivity or are you guys turning it up to max?

Default in SP, down 3 notches in MP.

That said, you'll find out that pretty much anyone has its favorite settings. There is no magic one. Just test them all and stick to the one you're more comfortable with.

Raist

Banned
lawblob said:

My store broke the street date but they already sold 5 copies when I got it (on the 24th, France). It's a quite small store, too.

Also, it debuted at #1 in NL.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Some general MP tips just in case you didn't know them yet:

* Create or Join Squads - Allows you to spawn where your squad leader is. Use the d-pad at the respawn screen to select your squad leader and spawn at his location.
* You can also spawn at spawnpoints thrown by Tacticians as well as in areas you control during the capture mode.
* When switching between spawnpoints make sure you pay attention to the camera view! It shows you what's going on at that spawnpoint. If it's being overrun by the enemy, don't spawn there; choose another location. Unless you like being shot in the back with a shotgun.
* When you're the Assassination Target and you get "killed", don't hit respawn. Wait for a medic to revive you; and even if there's no medic around, the enemy still has to give you a final blow, so stay put and allow your team to defend you. There are many times where I got shot as the target but still survived the mission because the enemy didn't manage to finish me off.
* And obviously, when you're hunting the Assassination Target, don't forget to give the killing blow.
* An enemy controlled machineguns or ammoboxes light up red. Destroy it so that they can't use it anymore, and your own engineers can take it over.

Midas

Baron Aloha said:
You have to kill A LOT OF THEM before
Radec
will come down and fight you. Eventually you will see guys with rocket launchers. Once you see them you are almost finished.

Hehe, I've been there a couple of times now. And when I try to snipe them out, the guy that's supposed to be helping me is just standing in the way. Great! :)

-Winnie-

Ahh, multiplayer is fucking sweet.

But I agree with those people who think that spawn points should be destructable. Things got a bit ridiculous when my team got trapped in our base because of all of the rest of the team spawning in front of us.

Ceb

Dante said:
1 more thing before bed.

The Chirp.

Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

Whoa, he's the full hot orator.

Sean: There are ~300k people on the leaderboards at Killzone.com now.

:lol @ my previous miscount of 700k that was graciously corrected by TTP.

-Winnie- said:
But I agree with those people who think that spawn points should be destructable. Things got a bit ridiculous when my team got trapped in our base because of all of the rest of the team spawning in front of us.

I think they worked better in the beta, where the spawn invincibility was still nowhere to be found. I wish they would've kept it that way for the deployable spawn points. Before, it was important to deploy it in the right place, because it could just end up being camped otherwise. Now with the temporary invincibility in place, I'm seeing more haphazard deployments.

Rapping Granny said:
Man the tactician could be a really cheap class. All you have to do is put up spawn near the other team's base and your team will win. works great at the Saluman Market.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that the spawn grenades are a bit too powerful. They certainly mess up the game, especially in search & destroy.

A solution would be to have an area around the objective/main-spawn where the spawns won't activate.

Or just make the objective placements better, 80% of the maps have the objectives placed side-by-side (meaning that just one nade will be enough to stall the game), I think it's Visari Hammer that has them spread out, spawn nading doesn't works as well on that map.
postaboy said:
WTF, the shotgun allows you to auto-aim by holding L1.
Wait, what? D:

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Tempy said:
Some general MP tips just in case you didn't know them yet:

* Create or Join Squads - Allows you to spawn where your squad leader is. Use the d-pad at the respawn screen to select your squad leader and spawn at his location.

I had a medic squad tonight. It was hilarious, all of us reviving each other in a smooth cycle. Our group kept taking the objectives because we wouldn't let any of the four die.

boyshine

Are the analog stick delay, dead zone and lack of aiming precision/pixel accuracy something you learn to live with and ignore? It completely ruined the game for me. I played through once (on normal) of course, but I don't think I ever want to touch the game again because of it. Probably the worst controls I've ever experienced in a console FPS.

boyshine said:
Are the analog stick delay, dead zone and lack of aiming precision/pixel accuracy something you learn to live with and ignore? It completely ruined the game for me. I played through once (on normal) of course, but I don't think I ever want to touch the game again because of it. Probably the worst controls I've ever experienced in a console FPS.
Other people seem quite adapt with it, go online and see how quickly you'll be headshotted from across the map. :p

KZObsessed

Schrade said:
Easy there Mik... some people are playing the game for their first time so there's bound to be a lot of confusion.

I feel like a complete moron on the new maps (vs. the beta maps) because I don't know the layout on them at all. Good god the Visari's Hammer one just kills me. It's so vertical.

God yeah. I still don't know what to do on Visari Hammer and Helghan Industries. Can't get my bearings on Helghan Industries at all... doesn't help that I have a god awful sense of direction. :p

Thrakier

boyshine said:

No, you don't get used to it. It's really the worst controls BY FAR. See you later in Halo 3, m8. :)

Top Bottom