• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

RJNavarrete said:
I got top three percent as well!!!! :D :D :D

2cr1z4n.jpg

W0000000000T!!
going for top 1% next week.

I'm jealous. I wish I had the time to put in to go for the top 10%. However, if I did that I would be going to bed at 4am since I get home from work so late.

Hahaha. Maybe someday!

Congrats!

Zen

Banned
So for those interested, here are IGN's 3 Killzone 2 developer blog videos. I haven't seen anyone post about the third one but they are all fucking awesome background info.

Killzone 2 PlayStation 3 Behind the Scenes - Killzone 2 Blog: E3 2005 Trailer

Killzone 2 PlayStation 3 Behind the Scenes - Killzone 2 Blog: Multiplayer 2006 Prototype Trailer

Killzone 2 PlayStation 3 Behind the Scenes - Killzone 2 Blog: E3 2007 In-Game Trailer

Here's some example of what's in the third one. They're analyzing the E3 2007 trailer:

Wow at 70 raylights in the scene. That means 70 Dynamic lights, correct? I know, deferred rendering and all that, I just didn't think it was that high. :p

lunlunqq

why? when i played with gaf, all the GAFe guys were on the same team while I was kicked to the other. just because i wear the tag GAF2??? it's not fair!!!! there was absolutely no collaboration whatsoever in my team... we were butchered by the gaf team... it's fucking depressing... :'(

Code:
Invert X-axis: NO
Invert Y-axis: NO
Sensitivity: (0 being default)
X-axis: +1
Y-axis: +1
Zoom Hold: Yes
Button mapping: Alternate 2

Inverted Y users' brains are broken. I blame Goldeneye.

A. Everyone's stats are down on the site for the moment. GG is still working out some code/refining the site, so they'll be up shortly.

B. I got three trophies from the top 3% Valor Cross.
  1. Valor Citation
  2. Valor Medal
  3. Valor Cross

:D :D

RJNavarrete said:
A. Everyone's stats are down on the site for the moment. GG is still working out some code/refining the site, so they'll be up shortly.

B. I got three trophies from the top 3% Valor Cross.
  1. Valor Citation
  2. Valor Medal
  3. Valor Cross

:D :D
They've been down on the site all day. Good to see GG is fixing this shit.

i haven't played this much mp since my battlefield 1942 days, I pretty much have 1:1 on death kill ratio (around 50 more kills). Things can get a bit hectic at times but who cares, its all good fun.

KZObsessed

Ilparazzo said:
What the hell, I did 7000 points ever since the game came out and in the rankings for last week I only have 1560...

I got over 3000 points yet last week it says I only got 335...

This is messed up. I was in top 3% yet I didn't get any of the honors >_<

Such bullshit.

alba

Little is the new Big
Ilparazzo said:
What the hell, I did 7000 points ever since the game came out and in the rankings for last week I only have 1560...

got the same problem, it says 810 for last week and i did more than like 4k lol... fucked up weekly board me thinks? :p

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I got over 3000 points yet last week it says I only got 335...

This is messed up. I was in top 3% yet I didn't get any of the honors >_<

Such bullshit.
The more people who play this game = the easier it should be to get the trophy?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, I didn't even get a special % ribbon! I always was top 3 in my matches.

Stupid Guerrilla, it shouldn't have be about how much you play! :(

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
The more people who play this game = the easier it should be to get the trophy?

Yep, if those people don't play as regularly as me. :p I havn't played much online since I got it, been playing SP, I'll have to go crazy for a week sometime. Probably Easter vacation.

alba

Little is the new Big
Created KOLORZONE! game since the gaf one is full, same password as usual.

JOIN!

GAF ONLY GOGOGO

Ilparazzo

alba said:
Created KOLORZONE! game since the gaf one is full, same password as usual.

JOIN!

GAF ONLY GOGOGO
Wish I wasn't going to sleep right now... Good luck with all the killing and whatevers.

I think maybe they removed the points we got before the patch to make sure we didnt use bots to get a lot of points.

methane47

Finished the game earlier today at 9hrs.. and MAN was that difficult.. The actual fight with the end boss wasn't that tough for me.. his portion i beat in maybe 1.5 minutes .. the REST!! though??!?! OMG WTF.. was like torture.. I checked the stats and it shows for that section of the game i died TWENTY TWO TIMES!!! (now the thing is... I actually quit after the first like 2 hours of attempting that mission and went back in later.. So that means that I probably had another 15 deaths in that time..

RIDICULOUS!!

Oh and Kudos on the top 3% guys!!! I'm jealous..

SSM25 said:
how did you achieve this?
Score well. Like I posted earlier, I got first place on back to back matches multiple times, so do what you can to score well. People need to realize that scoring is based heavily off of objectives not just K:D ratios.

alba

Little is the new Big
Ok recreated the game, didn't have faction balancing it's on again.

euroGAF, 20 players no pass, all modes etc.

I've had a lot of luck recently getting assassination kills. My favorite thing is to run in kamikaze with a grenade. The local voice chat afterwards is fucking hilarious.

Shotgun question: does the flashlight do anything to opposing players, or is it just there to look pretty?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Zen said:
I'm finding that smaller games are generally more fun/tactical. The only online game that has so far been able to provide me with depth to hold my interest is really Metal gear Online (So criminally under rated game on account of the Konami ID and initial control complexity/aiming frustrations) and a little bit of Team Fortress 2. I think Killzone 2 online will be occupying my time for a while before I inevitably get back into MGO in a month+. I might end up cycling between the two if Killzone 2 online end up being really good.
Same here. I LOVE MGO! Wasn't into online shooter's before MGO. KZ2 is my first real FPS MP game and I'm loving it so far. I just really suck at close quarter fights though. But yeah I can definitely see myself playing these games for years to come.

Cruzader

Banned
I beat the game today at 1 AM.

I was stuck on the last boss. I wish GG made it more clear to what to do. I literally spent 20+ minutes trying to kill Radec when all I had to do was clear the waves. I was like WTF am i supposed to do. After a period of time, I just started to clear the waves and finally got to fight him.

It sort of saddens me that alot of key ppls in the game die..Templar,Evelyn,Garza and Visari. I thought they would just arrest him but didnt expect Rico to pull the trigger. Sort of sad he had to die even though he was the main bad guy.

I also kinda hated Rico in this game. Sort of douche.lol

Cant wait to see what GG does with KZ3...will we continue fighting from within Helghan?

Is there a site that has a brief summary of what happens in KZ2(from beginning to end?). I know I beat it but I feel like I missed important elements of the story since all I was doing while playing is trying to take cover and avoid dying.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
alba said:
Ok recreated the game, didn't have faction balancing it's on again.

euroGAF, 20 players no pass, all modes etc.
Man, damn you guys. Why are the Euro games always after 2am? I'm sooo tempted to join right now, but 2 hours would just fly by and I need some damn sleep.

dollartaco said:
I've had a lot of luck recently getting assassination kills. My favorite thing is to run in kamikaze with a grenade. The local voice chat afterwards is fucking hilarious.

Shotgun question: does the flashlight do anything to opposing players, or is it just there to look pretty?
I live for the assassination. I think I just got the badge for it earlier today. It's so awesome to just sprint through the entire opposing team as they try to guard the marked individual and headshotting the poor bastard with a shotgun. :D

alba

Little is the new Big
I just quit the game, relaunched and got prompted with this:

kz2_weekly.jpg

I suggest you try and do the same :D (got 2 trophies too)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Xater said:
Don#t make fun of it I actually thought about the same thing yesterday. Some actual woman soldiers would not be that wrong imo.It'd the future man! :D
Oh, I'm not. I'm a woman so I wouldn't make fun of it! But I'm just saying. I mean, if MGO can have female soldiers then why not other shooters? :p

Dirtbag

ugh is there a way to browse all the games available that i don't know about. or search by name?

I fucking can't stand the system for finding matches.

Wallach

alba said:
I just quit the game, relaunched and got prompted with this:

kz2_weekly.jpg

I suggest you try and do the same :D (got 2 trophies too)

LOL, I got the same thing.

I started MP for the first time last night around... 9 PM. On the other hand, I was so addicted I played until around 5 AM and got like 700 pts or something across 16 games.

MirageDwarf said:
Core407 said:
Enable crouch hold?

Oh crap. I totally forgot about that . Irony is that I've enabled that option. :lol

Please ignore my complains about controls.

Quoting myself, I confused crouch with zoom when I said I've enabled it. Where is toggle crouch option in single player? I don't see it.

Zeliard

MirageDwarf said:
Quoting myself, I confused crouch with zoom when I said I've enabled it. Where is toggle crouch option in single player? I don't see it.

Crouch toggle doesn't exist in single-player.

That's precisely why I use default controls for SP and Alternate 2 for MP.

Raist

Banned
Teetris said:
Man, damn you guys. Why are the Euro games always after 2am? I'm sooo tempted to join right now, but 2 hours would just fly by and I need some damn sleep.

Huh? I set up a game all day long :p

dagZ

just got the game today, and go up to the first single gold bar, and got top 6% for the week. Not bad for one days worth of play. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
dreamer3kx said:
Any US sell predictions, I'm curious what you guys think, I already know its going to do extremely well in Euro land, how about US?
Well it only had 2 days in the US...

I'm loving this game. Absolutely brilliant so far!

I need some tips, I'm stuck on the last part of Visari Square with the two heavies. I'm playing on Veteran. I keep dying, over and over. I've tried various strategies but keep failing. Any advice? What's the best vantage point, strategy, etc ? It's starting to get embarrassing. I was doing so well until this point.

I try to focus on the heavies starting with the one on the left, but every time I keep getting picked off by the other higs. Helghan Scum!!

-viper- said:
Corinth Crossing (MP Map) looks better than Corinth River (SP).

Anyone agree?

I also decided to check out the spectator mode and I was shocked at how good third person view looked. It looked amazing and the textures looked even better.

I totally agree. The colors seem better and everything looks far more vibrant and crisp.

jsrv

There needs to be more pistol only matches, so fun and chaotic with 32 players :D

by the way, is it just me, or does the ISA win the vast majority of the matches online?

dreamer3kx said:
Any US sell predictions, I'm curious what you guys think, I already know its going to do extremely well in Euro land, how about US?
Wasn't there only 300k ranked online players yesterday? (Can't check killzone.com atm because it makes my browser crash due to flash loading) I'm not really expecting much to be frank

Top Bottom