• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
What's the name of that MP map in a desert environment? The one where there's dust flying all the time? Probably my favourite map so far.

Flek

Banned
yeees thankyou killzone xD hard to believe i started playing 2 days ago but YES BABY

3320479537_71e2df41f1.jpg

3320484785_f4656147cc.jpg

Ephemeris

Ephemeris said:
I'm ranked 110 in the world leaderboard but only got the 10% one?

I was Robbed. :lol

Just relogged to check to see if it changed. Nope. 10%

(neutral) Ephemeris
FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA
(Today, 08:44 PM)
Reply | Quote

mYm|17|

finally beat it on veteran.

The game is pretty short but good. Last Level is freakin insane and took me forever

Now onto MP

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Macattk15 said:
Wait is there a crouch toggle in MP?

What the heck is it!

I HATE holding down the button.

There is one in MP not in SP.

I'm playing MP with Alt 2 and hold for zoom but crouch toggle. I play the single with the standard controls though, since there isn't any crouch toggle there.

Silverthorn said:
I'm loving this game. Absolutely brilliant so far!

I need some tips, I'm stuck on the last part of Visari Square with the two heavies. I'm playing on Veteran. I keep dying, over and over. I've tried various strategies but keep failing. Any advice? What's the best vantage point, strategy, etc ? It's starting to get embarrassing. I was doing so well until this point.

I try to focus on the heavies starting with the one on the left, but every time I keep getting picked off by the other higs. Helghan Scum!!

I was able to pick off one of those heavies using the turret. Maybe I was lucky, I dunno.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Congrats to those who got the trophies. I just started playing MP today so there was no chance of me getting them but this does give me some hope.

JB1981

I might not have work tomorrow as we're supposed to be getting 14" of snow tonight. Should I hop on for some Killzone action? You guys on?

Jtrizzy

Zeliard said:
Crouch toggle doesn't exist in single-player.

That's precisely why I use default controls for SP and Alternate 2 for MP.

I'm curios as to why you change? I've been debating it, but what are the merits of using def2 in MP? I already toggle crouch, and prefer to just use my pointer fingers for the 4 shoulder buttons.

what's the deal with health packs? a guy has low health, I throw it at him, it bounces off...then he walks over and he picks it up. I don't get it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Flek said:
yeees thankyou killzone xD hard to believe i started playing 2 days ago but YES BABY

3320479537_71e2df41f1.jpg

3320484785_f4656147cc.jpg

Just got a similar message. But mine stated 1% rather than 3% :p

Got 4 trophies in the process. 2 more for Platinum. :D

NM I found it

Doesn't actually pop up as an option until you actually create/join a game and then go to options

WTF!?

It STILL pisses me off to no end that the option isn't there for SP and because of that, I hardly use the cover system at all

GG Fail =/

JB1981

Linkzg said:
what's the deal with health packs? a guy has low health, I throw it at him, it bounces off...then he walks over and he picks it up. I don't get it.
You can throw packs down for yourself for some quick healin', or heal your teammates. Sometimes it comes in handy when you are near death and need to recover real quick.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Linkzg said:

You restored his health. It shouldnt bounce off him tho. If his energy isn't full, he should "absorb" it.

Flek

Banned
TTP said:
Just got a similar message. But mine stated 1% rather than 3% :p

Got 4 trophies in the process. 2 more for Platinum. :D

nice dude what color does the 1% badge have? We know 5% black 3% puple but 1?

Also do you know if ouer new honor rangs are permanent or just for one week ?

JB1981 said:
You can throw packs down for yourself for some quick healin', or heal your teammates. Sometimes it comes in handy when you are near death and need to recover real quick.

if I heal myself does it count for the 'heal 5 people' badge?

also, how are you supposed to spot the guys who are cloaked as your teammates?

Puck

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
I use Alt2 for SP and MP ...where do you actually set Crouch Toggle for MP???
Dude, theres a fucking button right on the MP control options. Same page as where you set your scope to toggle and choose your control set.

Flek

Banned
Linkzg said:
i
also, how are you supposed to spot the guys who are cloaked as your teammates?

if you move your crosshair on them it will be red - if they would be your real teammates it would be green.

Puck said:
Dude, theres a fucking button right on the MP control options. Same page as where you set your scope to toggle and choose your control set.

Pay attention to my 2nd post ...I figured the shit out ..thanks

TheFatOne

Flek said:
if you move your crosshair on them it will be red - if they would be your real teammates it would be green.

Had no idea about that and I learned the hard way. Thought the guy was a team mate well guess I was wrong.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Flek said:
nice dude what color does the 1% badge have? We know 5% black 3% puple but 1?

Also do you know if ouer new honor rangs are permanent or just for one week ?

Red.

I think they last one week. What you get the next week depends on how you performed in the previous one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Flek said:

He's talking about the scouts not the saboteurs.

dagZ

SnakeXs said:
How did you guys get the top % medals? I'm a General, shouldn't I get one? :(

yea, they are clearly bugged, full recovery didnt get one and hes ranked in the 200's.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA!

Wallach

Did you guys who have very high rankings but were not awarded a medal play a lot between Fri-Sat? May be a dumb question (the answer's probably yes), but I wonder if they didn't measure only points earned from the point of the game's official release.

alba

Little is the new Big
Raist said:
Meh, the saboteur's disguise doesn't last very long :/

And it lasts as long as you don't reload, if you reload you loose the disguise.
So you can kill as much guys as you want with a clip and keep the disguise but as soon as you reload its gone... so use your bullets wisely :p

Irnbru

Wallach said:
Did you guys who have very high rankings but were not awarded a medal play a lot between Fri-Sat? May be a dumb question (the answer's probably yes), but I wonder if they didn't measure only points earned from the point of the game's official release.

I started playin friday morning, and got 3%, though I dunno how it works

Top Bottom