• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Raist

Banned
alba said:
And it lasts as long as you don't reload, if you reload you loose the disguise.
So you can kill as much guys as you want with a clip and keep the disguise but as soon as you reload its gone... so use your bullets wisely :p

Well, I killed someone like 5secs after activating it, didn't reload, and it was gone already :|

KZObsessed

The C4 is goddamn brutal, I'm getting those ribbons like they were candy. On Radec Academy with 30+ players there's no defense mwahaha!

kaskade

I'm probably going to try out multiplayer tomorrow since I'll probably be snowed in. One comment I have on the single player is that the bolt gun is awesome.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow had an intense game and actually had 5 kills, hey I am new at FPS games. Someone called me a newbie when the computer choose me to protect for assassination. the guy said " oh no not the newbie" :lol

I have to start games with people in my own level, i think i saw someone with a crazy light gun in the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alba said:
And it lasts as long as you don't reload, if you reload you loose the disguise.
So you can kill as much guys as you want with a clip and keep the disguise but as soon as you reload its gone... so use your bullets wisely :p

What? You mean reloading the weapon disables the disguise? That's totally not the case. Pretty sure of it. You probably reloaded after having killed someone.

Wallach

Is it just me or is the LMG way more accurate in SP compared to MP? When crouched in SP it seems the crosshairs are much tighter, whereas in MP the LMG isn't even close to as accurate as the assault rifles.

Jostifer

Top 30 000 or so should receive 10% (as the leaderboards had 300k + Sunday morning).
Sounds like a handful got duped/bugged though like FFobsessed. Lets hope the game records the time when amount of points was earned so Guerrilla can rectify that.

alba

Little is the new Big
TTP said:
What? You mean reloading the weapon disables the disguise? That's totally not the case. Pretty sure of it. You probably reloaded after having killed someone.

o_o happened to me everytime, i should check again then!

patsu

neojubei said:
Wow had an intense game and actually had 5 kills, hey I am new at FPS games. Someone called me a newbie when the computer choose me to protect for assassination. the guy said " oh no not the newbie" :lol

Ha ha !

I felt apologetic when the system picked me to be the VIP (to protect) in R2 too. I know exactly how you feel.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jostifer said:
Top 30 000 or so should receive 10% (as the leaderboards had 300k + Sunday morning).
Sounds like a handful got duped/bugged though like FFobsessed. Lets hope the game records the time when amount of points was earned so Guerrilla can rectify that.

Wollan got robbed as well.

TheFatOne

neojubei said:

I have to start games with people in my own level, i think i saw someone with a crazy light gun in the game.

Everyone starts form somewhere. The key when you start is to no get frustrated and have fun. Its easy to get frustrated when everyone is better than you at least that's how it was for me.

KZObsessed

dfyb said:
so does the disguise go away when you kill your first victim?

Yep, only by shooting. I don't think it goes away with a C4 or grenade kill. Also goes away when you get shot by the enemy. Not sure about an ally shooting you, probably not.

Irnbru

FFObsessed said:
Yep, only by shooting. I don't think it goes away with a C4 or grenade kill. Also goes away when you get shot by the enemy. Not sure about an ally shooting you, probably not.

Only when shooting someone or someone shot you, thats been my exp. with it

The top % ribbons seem hard to get, so what about the n00bs? Won't the same good players be the best every week or does it work differently than that?

neojubei

TheFatOne said:
Everyone starts form somewhere. The key when you start is to no get frustrated and have fun. Its easy to get frustrated when everyone is better than you at least that's how it was for me.

Yea I know but when people are running around with higher ranks with awesome weapons it is intimidating.

bigswords

The only issue I have now is the medic pack.

1) It's pretty hard to see it, I understand it's suppose to fit into the universe and overall look, but looking for the darn thing is hard.

2) Medics do not get points for throwing med packs (healing other players). :(

Wallach

blindrocket said:
The top % ribbons seem hard to get, so what about the n00bs? Won't the same good players be the best every week or does it work differently than that?

I think it only measures points earned for the week. So basically it resets every week to 0.

TheFatOne

neojubei said:
Yea I know but when people are running around with higher ranks with awesome weapons it is intimidating.

Listen to this wise man...

FFObsessed said:
Keep it on "my rank only" when you're new and you'll only play other noobs.

This is all you have to do. Get used to playing Killzone 2 and you should be fine. Also join a clan they could definitely help you improve your game. Also if you are lucky enough to get a kill on a player that is a higher level than you steal his weapon lol.

DMeisterJ

Banned
neojubei said:

But really, the starting assault rifle is awesome though. If you were running around with a the starting pistol, and everyone had the other weapons it'd be a problem, but it's the most well-rounded weapon, and you can do very well with it.

Grayman

blindrocket said:
It seems like you could just play a lot to get ranked high.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
neojubei said:

play games with similar rank enabled & go w/ 9-16 players. I am having a blast this way while learning the ropes.

alba

Little is the new Big
Grayman said:
It seems like you could just play a lot to get ranked high.

It's on a weekly basis, I think all the guys who played non stop to get the 1% ribbon won't play JUST as much the next week since they got the trophies and ribbon already. So I guess you could pick just one week and go crazy that week and get the 1% one.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dear Guerrilla...

My claw hand can no longer sustain the repeated stress your single player campaign keeps abusing.

Please add a crouch toggle function as well as the ability to remap every button function to my liking manually(Afterall, Killzone 1 did both! Remember?)

So bottom line...Fix this shit.

-Brandon F

Cagen

ItsInMyVeins said:
So how do the turrets work? It seems like I can't place them 90% of the time I want to :/

It seems there's a limit to how many each faction can place on a map, as soon as someone else loses one I am able to place one. Noticed this for spawn grenades also. Though I may be wrong.

.GqueB.

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
GAF EAST SERVER GOING UP IN 10 MINUTES AT 10:00PM EASTERN.

WILL BE CALLED "GAF BELIEVE". PASSWORD WILL BE "BELIEVE".WILL BE 20 PLAYER ALL GAMES MODES.
Does it matter if Im horrendous?

neojubei

FFObsessed said:
Keep it on "my rank only" when you're new and you'll only play other noobs.

I hate that word.

DMeisterJ said:
But really, the starting assault rifle is awesome though. If you were running around with a the starting pistol, and everyone had the other weapons it'd be a problem, but it's the most well-rounded weapon, and you can do very well with it.

Thanks

Applesauce said:
play games with similar rank enabled & go w/ 9-16 players. I am having a blast this way while learning the ropes.

I'll try. I wanted to join a game with someone on my friends list and whoa I was the lowest rank in the game.

patsu

neojubei said:
I'll try. I wanted to join a game with someone on my friends list and whoa I was the lowest rank in the game.

By the time I finish SP and join MP, you'd be a 5 star general in KZ2 :lol

You can order me around when you get there.

.GqueB. said:
Does it matter if Im horrendous?
Nope. Everyone is invited. Only ground rules are that if you have a headset you REALLY should squad up and try and keep clans together and teams balanced, but all that is just a goal, we'll see how well we can do.

Server is going up right now. Send me a friend request if you want to get in and can't find the game in the browser. Remember to disable "don't show passworded games" option.

PASSWORD IS "BELIEVE" in all caps, incase the game counts case.

Zeliard

Jtrizzy said:
I'm curios as to why you change? I've been debating it, but what are the merits of using def2 in MP? I already toggle crouch, and prefer to just use my pointer fingers for the 4 shoulder buttons.

Personally, it's mostly just because I'm more comfortable zoom holding with L1 than I am zoom clicking with the right stick. Even though I shoot from the hip a lot more in MP, it's still a lot more comfortable overall if/when I do go into ironsights.

If the single-player had toggle crouch, I'd use Alt 2 for everything. But it doesn't, and having to hold L2 to be in cover while clicking or holding on L1 to get in and out of ironsights is kinda annoying.

Haha Holy Shit. Recipe for PWNAGE:

1. Radec Academy.
2. 32 players.
3. Saboteur class and sneak into their spawn.
4. Submachine gun all over my FACE.

Jesus, I wreaked havoc on those fools. Ended with a new personal high 135 points. :D :D I didn't like Sab at first, but I gotta admit it comes in handy in certain situations like when your team has the opposition locked down at a choke point.

tribal24

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Nope. Everyone is invited. Only ground rules are that if you have a headset you REALLY should squad up and try and keep clans together and teams balanced, but all that is just a goal, we'll see how well we can do.

Server is going up right now. Send me a friend request if you want to get in and can't find the game in the browser. Remember to disable "don't show passworded games" option.

it says i dont have rank i thought everyone was invited

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
GAF EAST SERVER GOING UP IN 10 MINUTES AT 10:00PM EASTERN.

WILL BE CALLED "GAF BELIEVE". PASSWORD WILL BE "BELIEVE".WILL BE 20 PLAYER ALL GAMES MODES.

Im getting a password is invalid

WTFing

Banned
WAR! This is WAR!
The MP is beyond awesome, I don't like it, I love it! Especially when you are on a good (balanced) squad. Everything feel so good and polished.
Good games on the GAAAF server, but I have to make pauses so I can calm down a bit ;)

Top Bottom