• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

sado

Y'know, things break...
They definitely do but it only happens like once every 5 seconds and is more like a sheen that goes over the pack.

icechai

TTP said:
I think the health packs are meant to be tossed (and forgotten) at choke points to increase chances of your buddies to get healed "automatically" during a firefight hence reducing the need to use the reviving gun too often.

Usage should be similar to that of the C4. Of course for different purpose.

Sucks to hear you don't get point for healing tho. You do get for killing with C4.

if you got a point for healing, you could just damage yourself with a grenade and heal, instant point abuse

observation about C4: they activate better when placed on walls than ground, also it takes 2 to kill a normal person

McLovin

Funny thing about the med packs.. you can accidentally give them to the enemy :lol
I mixed my medic with the heavy's boost badge.. holy freakin crap that was awesome. I would fly by all this crap and heal and be gone in a flash :lol

dfyb

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Here's something that I have noticed that really need fixing

• Shotgun and Assault class seems overpowered. I've died way to many times from a shotgun blast to the back, that one hit kills me. I can understand a one hit kill when the guy is right on top of me, but when he's is clearly some distance back it shouldn't be a one hit kill. The Assault class is pretty obvious. The guy has two times the health, is faster then everyone and has a rocket launcher.
  • There needs to be a way to see if a match has started already before joining. I can't stand it in online games with no matchmaking when I join a game, and get thrown on the losing team with 1 minute left. Pisses me off to no end.
shotgun is not nearly as effective at long ranges -- and that's the tradeoff you refuse to acknowledge because you aren't looking at the big picture. it SHOULD be 'overpowered' at close range because it's definitely 'underpowered' at long ranges.

the assault class is somewhat limited at longer ranges, too (slow moving projectiles), but it is SUPPOSED to be a high damage output class. the classes aren't necessarily balanced for killing power -- they are balanced for how they can affect the flow of the game. assault class, if used right, can clean out a room -- but they can't lay down a spawn point or repair turrets or revive people, which can also have a very big effect on the flow of battle. killing people isn't the only way to contribute to the team in KZ2.

the game has matchmaking -- i don't know why you think otherwise. you can browse servers or you can press triangle for it to dump you in one automatically (based on rank/match size preferences etc).

but your bitchfest about joining a losing team is something i cannot sympathize with. just get over it. who cares if you lost? the next game's about to start. it's a good thing it dumped you on the losing team -- anything else would just make the match even more lopsided.

selfish selfish selfish

icechai

dfyb said:
shotgun and assault class are not nearly as effective at long ranges -- and that's the tradeoff you refuse to acknowledge because you aren't looking at the big picture.

the game has matchmaking -- i don't know why you think otherwise. you can browse servers or you can press triangle for it to dump you in one.

but your bitchfest about joining a losing team is something i cannot sympathize with. just get over it. who cares if you lost? the next game's about to start. it's a good thing it dumped you on the losing team -- anything else would just make the match even more lopsided.

selfish selfish selfish

no need to bash people for their opinions, when you fight a lot of close range battles its easy to get frustrated, i'm sure a lot of people got frustrated today as I was an assault leveling up my melee badge (4/8 so far wooo), but the fact is they can't really do jack at med-long distance, also if you strafe away from the rocket its pretty hard to hit you. The only time i kill with rockets is when people coming rushing at me and i judge their run distance and fire at the proper place (ground/wall/person).

bigswords

icechai said:
if you got a point for healing, you could just damage yourself with a grenade and heal, instant point abuse

observation about C4: they activate better when placed on walls than ground, also it takes 2 to kill a normal person

You dont get points for healing yourself. Look at RTCW , QW, BFBC. THe medics dont get points for healing themselves only teammates.

Point abuse? Have you seen an engineer destroying ammo boxes and repairing them to get points?

Stillmatic

bigswords said:
You dont get points for healing yourself. Look at RTCW , QW, BFBC. THe medics dont get points for healing themselves only teammates.

Point abuse? Have you seen an engineer destroying ammo boxes and repairing them to get points?

I'm not 100% on this (been a while since i used health packs), but i don't think you get points at all for healing, only reviving.

icechai

bigswords said:

engineers get points for repairing stuff?? o_O I always thought they'd just do it cuz it helps the team so much, especially that turret in Helghast industries, lethal!

bigswords

Stillmatic said:
I'm not 100% on this (been a while since i used health packs), but i don't think you get points at all for healing, only reviving.

In Killzone 2? no you only get points for rezing

For QW and RTCW , you get points for rezing and healing teammates

For BFBC you get points for healing teammates

icechai said:
engineers get points for repairing stuff?? o_O I always thought they'd just do it cuz it helps the team so much, especially that turret in Helghast industries, lethal!

Yes they do +1 point per ammo box and turret.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
icechai said:
no need to bash people for their opinions, when you fight a lot of close range battles its easy to get frustrated, i'm sure a lot of people got frustrated today as I was an assault leveling up my melee badge (4/8 so far wooo), but the fact is they can't really do jack at med-long distance, also if you strafe away from the rocket its pretty hard to hit you. The only time i kill with rockets is when people coming rushing at me and i judge their run distance and fire at the proper place (ground/wall/person).

Well, you should change your combat habit based on the chosen class and the game mode at hand. For example, I use Assault to rain hell from distance and high ground, looking for packs of unsuspecting enemies to wipe out. When I'm out of ammo, I try to grab a rifle and get more personal. During Search & Retrieve games, I don't look for a fight but rather use the boost ability to grab the radio and push it towards the delivery point as fast as possible.

BTW, what's the reason why the ENEMY delivery point doesn't show up on the radar when they get the radio? Not a big deal since you quickly learn where it is, but the same can be said about your delivery point, and that shows up on the radar when you get the radio.

.GqueB.

Banned
icechai said:
People actually rush you?

pfft I stay the fuck away from assault guys. They even look scary. Fuggin football players scurrying across the battle field like the just stole someones ipod or something.

man im still getting a feel for this game. I played with the summachine gun most of the weekend because it just felt so lethal. Then i switched back to the assault rifle like iw as playing when i first got the game... and im doing a hell of alot better.

icechai

TTP said:
Well, you should change your combat habit based on the chosen class and the game mode at hand. For example, I use Assault to rain hell from distance and high ground, looking for packs of unsuspecting enemies to wipe out. When I'm out of ammo, I try to grab a rifle and get more personal. During Search & Retrieve games, I don't look for a fight but rather use the boost ability to grab the radio and push it ahead as fast as possible.

i prefer to keep a rocket in the holster when i'm running away or delivering the stuff in case someone is chasing and I need to turn around and fire. Although i played with one assault today who was reallly making chaos in the battlefield with his grenade launcher

icechai said:
i prefer to keep a rocket in the holster when i'm running away or delivering the stuff in case someone is chasing and I need to turn around and fire. Although i played with one assault today who was reallly making chaos in the battlefield with his grenade launcher

wasnt that wollan? jesus christ i felt like i got killed all day by a gernade launcher.

bigswords

SSM25 said:
please elaborate.

Either:

A) Play with us against bots

B) we'll be your cannon folder (for said weapon) and visa versa.

Things such as the flying sentry 5 kills and C4 and melee are the toughest I find so far. If you want to do it the honorable 5 or 10 kills per ribbion X 8 rounds yes by all means. But when you need said equipment to kill m4 pistol. I think I don't mind playing a few rounds of bots to be honest then trying to stuff up a proper game that people are playing to win.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bigswords said:
Either:

Things such as the flying sentry 5 kills and C4 and melee are the toughest I find so far. If you want to do it the honorable 5 or 10 kills per ribbion X 8 rounds yes by all means. But when you need said equipment to kill m4 pistol. I think I don't mind playing a few rounds of bots to be honest then trying to stuff up a proper game that people are playing to win.

A) I though bots were removed since the last patch.

Aladuf

Banned
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
So sick of playing with randoms. If anyone has some games going send EVERYlosersHERO an invite!
I got your friend invite last night but I took the night off from games tonight because I played KZ2 for so long last night and got barely any sleep before I had to get up for work this morning and I was crashing all day. I have to recharge my brain before tearing shit up in more GAF games this week! We'll get you into the madness tomorrow night.

SSM25

bigswords said:
Either:

I thought bots were disabled

Stillmatic

bigswords said:
In Killzone 2? no you only get points for rezing

For QW and RTCW , you get points for rezing and healing teammates

For BFBC you get points for healing teammates

Yes they do +1 point per ammo box and turret.

Yeah i thought so (Killzone 2).

I'm glad GG added the +1 for taking out automated turrets and air support, it looks like they've lowered the health on them too. Taking them out in the beta was annoying and you didn't get any points for doing so.

Defuser said:
After over 10 grueling Pistol matches I finally got my m4 Revolver. Fuck you Guerrilla,what kind of sick joke is this? 10 pistol kills for 1 ribbon plus the fact I have to get 8 ribbons? Fuck you.
Is the pistol you get worth all the work?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cirekiller said:
Is the pistol you get worth all the work?

Less ammo per clip and slower fire rate, but it's a mini-cannon. I think it only takes two shots at the body to bring down the target.

Holy shit @ the fucking AI in the campaign. All you people who said Graphics != Gameplay and thought the game was going to play like shit just need to forget anout the different controls and play the campaign (on Veteran difficulty). The firefights are INSANE.

I fucking love this game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bigswords said:
I dunno but if the web page stats were up I think u can see me and friends play against bots. Was playing them on Saturday and Sunday.

Have you created such room or was it one of your friends? Perhaps he hasn't quit the game since the patch was deployed (I know, crazy) in order to keep bots in.

Or maybe it was created before the patch and never disappeared as people kept joining it. o_O

bigswords

TTP said:
Have you created such room or was it one of your friends? Perhaps he hasn't quit the game since the patch was deployed (I know, crazy) in order to keep bots in.

I'm the one who started said room and logged on and off the whole of Saturday and Sunday. People have been joining my game with no issues.

I agree bots points should not be counted in the weekly stats stuff, but to unlock rank and equipment, it should be fair game.

RavenFox

Banned
dfyb said:
shotgun is not nearly as effective at long ranges -- and that's the tradeoff you refuse to acknowledge because you aren't looking at the big picture. it SHOULD be 'overpowered' at close range because it's definitely 'underpowered' at long ranges.

the assault class is somewhat limited at longer ranges, too (slow moving projectiles), but it is SUPPOSED to be a high damage output class. the classes aren't necessarily balanced for killing power -- they are balanced for how they can affect the flow of the game. assault class, if used right, can clean out a room -- but they can't lay down a spawn point or repair turrets or revive people, which can also have a very big effect on the flow of battle. killing people isn't the only way to contribute to the team in KZ2.

the game has matchmaking -- i don't know why you think otherwise. you can browse servers or you can press triangle for it to dump you in one automatically (based on rank/match size preferences etc).

selfish selfish selfish

Wow lol *claps*

Mik2121

BTW guys, what are your favorite and most hated mp stages? For me:

FAVS:
Pyrhuss Rise - The best map IMO, but for some reason I barely get to play it! :(
header.jpg

Salamun Market - Very fun as well, and I can't wait to get the Scout badge :3
spawnpoint.jpg

MOST HATED:
Visari Hammer - Way too chaotic and overall TOO RED. I got tired of it and for some reason it's the stage that I've played the most :(((
action2.jpg

alba

Little is the new Big
Byakuya769 said:
: D
>: D
>: P

my review so far.

It goes more like this

>: O
: @
: O
: (
>: ]

If you get it :p

pj

Banned
I wish the MP map names were less abstract, it's going to take me FOREVER to learn them. When my brain sees a word like "Pyrhuss," it immediately says "yeah that's not happening" and tunes out

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bigswords said:
I'm the one who started said room and logged on and off the whole of Saturday and Sunday. People have been joining my game with no issues.

I agree bots points should not be counted in the weekly stats stuff, but to unlock rank and equipment, it should be fair game.

So it's the same room you created BEFORE the patch?

Mik2121

alba said:
It goes more like this

: O
: (
>: ]

If you get it :p

WTFFFF SPOIL THAT BITCH GRFHRHFGHGHGHGHHHH FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLAAAA

pj325is said:
I wish the MP map names were less abstract, it's going to take me FOREVER to learn them. When my brain sees a word like "Pyrhuss," it immediately says "yeah that's not happening" and tunes out
Seriously. I have only memorized 'Salumun Market' and 'Phyrhuss Rise', but only because I love those two stages. I have problems trying to remember the other stages' names..

Mik2121

TTP said:
Yeah that's from where I took the stages' names and screenshots for the last comment I wrote :p

I like most of the maps except Visari's Hammer... ughh.. :(
However, even though I like most of them... almost none feels really "epic". Like, you know.. the kind of layout you wish were on every single FPS out there. Kinda like CTF-Face or CTF-LavaGiant for UT99, or cs_italy for Counter Strike..
Maybe the closest to all that will be Salumun Market and/or Pyrhuss Rise imo.

alba

Little is the new Big
Mik2121 said:
WTFFFF SPOIL THAT BITCH GRFHRHFGHGHGHGHHHH FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLAAAA

there, there! :lol :lol

The only map i don't like is Corinth Crossing the vertical map, I really hate it just because it's vertical.. but i'm sure some people love it because of that though.

My fav map for now is still Salamun Market (just like the beta) closed followed by Radec Academy :)

Top Bottom