• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dirtbag said:
whats really neat is the squad feature. we can make a squad and stay/spawn together (and limit our communication to each other and proximity). will be really great for taking the new guy under your wing.

I can't imagine what this game will be like for someone who picks it up in like 6 months time. It's going to be like trying to get into splinter cell's multiplayer after a few months...
GOOD LUCK! Going to be a massive barrier to entry.. the maps alone are confusing enough. They are rather large and winding.

I better stop playing single player and pick up multiplayer stat...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I get most annoyed when someone is just having a normal conversation with someone who is presumably sitting right next to them, and is playing shittily and not communicat8ing with the team as a result. If you want to talk and play, that's fine, but turn off the mic, it's not a difficult thing to do. :mad:

EazyB

Banned
Bugnology said:
Servers / My rank ?
It's not like there's only one guy who will buy the game six months after release.
Stop downplaying KILLZONE2.
Don't listen to him. Everything Dirtbag says is not genuine. He really likes the game but says it isn't perfect because he hates that he likes it. He hates that he enjoys playing it because he hates when he's happy. He hates himself and takes it out on KZ2.

PS trey 4 Lyfe, bro.

Xater

Ok what are the reuquirements for the "Valor Grand Cross" trophy. I just went online and unlocked all the other rank trophies except that one. I wa sin the top 3%.

The
second wave of enemies before you fight Radec is getting on my last nerve, Rico doesn't do jack shit, useless piece of shit. I snipe all the guys down below and quickly change it to the Helghast rifle when I know a batch of guys are coming up, I usually stay in the corner and I usually die when a whole bunch come up and useless Rico just let the guys from his side get through or when the RPGs guy come, I tried running next to the stairs and start grenade launching the RPGs guys but I still got killed, I must've died at least 50 times in this area alone

Dirtbag

EazyB said:
Don't listen to him. Everything Dirtbag says is not genuine. He really likes the game but says it isn't perfect because he hates that he likes it. He hates that he enjoys playing it because he hates when he's happy. He hates himself and takes it out on KZ2.

PS trey 4 Lyfe, bro.

So busted :lol

ukiraros

Ello said:
Loged in and got this message.

3322287760_1bfd471d29.jpg

Congrats man. I made it to the top 3% but oddly enough my friend who has far less exp is in the top 1%. Go figure.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AranhaHunter said:
The
second wave of enemies before you fight Radec is getting on my last nerve, Rico doesn't do jack shit, useless piece of shit. I snipe all the guys down below and quickly change it to the Helghast rifle when I know a batch of guys are coming up, I usually stay in the corner and I usually die when a whole bunch come up and useless Rico just let the guys from his side get through or when the RPGs guy come, I tried running next to the stairs and start grenade launching the RPGs guys but I still got killed, I must've died at least 50 times in this area alone
Playing on Vet? If so, I reckon you should turn the difficulty down to Normal and finish the game. You're going to ruin the whole experience for yourself.

You can always come back and punish yourself with this section on Vet later. ;)

bigswords

Rapping Granny said:
God the ISA's rocket launcher is the sexiest gun ever.

I wish the other normal classes( Medic, Tactician) can choose more than the basic assualt rifles. It doesn't make sense that these classes can't use the heavy machine guns.

If that's the case, then the Rifleman will be totally useless class. Rifleman is the only class that can use the LMG.

Gully State said:
I better stop playing single player and pick up multiplayer stat...

It's not that bad, first off you get arguably the best weapon in MP from the get go and you can also join people from your rank. I think it's MUCH more important to have a good team.

Dirtbag

you know what I was just thinking about... is that single shot rifle (the headshot one from the demo) in MP? I don't remember seeing it yet.

Rez said:
Playing on Vet? If so, I reckon you should turn the difficulty down to Normal and finish the game. You're going to ruin the whole experience for yourself.

You can always come back and punish yourself with this section on Vet later. ;)

Yes, playing on Vet, I want to unlock Elite and eventually go through that after I go through on easy without dying, I doubt this section will be any harder on Elite...

DoomGyver

Dirtbag said:
you know what I was just thinking about... is that single shot rifle (the headshot one from the demo) in MP? I don't remember seeing it yet.
Yeah, only the Sab can use it. Sucks though because they don't give you enough ammo.

Ello

AranhaHunter said:
Yes, playing on Vet, I want to unlock Elite and eventually go through that after I go through on easy without dying, I doubt this section will be any harder on Elite...

You sure? ;)

And you don't have to beat it on Vet to unlock elite.

Everdred

Schrade said:
Good GOD I hate that shit. I was in a game tonight with a screaming/whining kid in the background too. Ughhh.
This drives me insane on Burnout Paradise. I haven't gotten Killzone yet but I'm sad to hear there isn't a push to talk button enforced. It sucks because on 360 you can just switch your mic off without taking your hands off the controller but PS3 you have to lift off to push the button by your ear. Sounds simple but in mid battle its annoying. Since this problem exists most games should have a push to talk system. My opinion.

Dante

Got to the
train
level tonight. I am moving through pretty slow, as veteren is kicking my ass in some parts, and multi player is eating into that time. I usually finish single player b4 I jump into multi, but I couldn't wait on this one. Sooo Good :) I think my fav maps so far are Saluman Market, and Radec Academy.

Crackers

Neo Member
AranhaHunter said:
The

I've finished that part last night on vet. I just went to the corner near the left staircase, it's a safe spot except for the odd nad from Radec (he always gives a audio signal before throwing one though). From there just keep going down the stairs and pick off higs and back up to heal. Rico will kill the others, just remember to heal him. When the storm troopers came I found it easier to retreat to the back corner and kill them as they went through the flames. When you hear the clink clank of the doors for the RPG guys, get the sniper and snipe them from the left staircase, you can get at least one from the bottom of the stairs where it's completely safe. You'll need to clean up some higs with your pistol at the bottom of the stairs first though. Good luck, that part was a nightmare for me too.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Full Recovery said:
Yeah, only the Sab can use it. Sucks though because they don't give you enough ammo.

Yeah it can be rough. Hopefully once people unlock stuff some go back to Engineers and actually get and use the repair ability. Lots of classes would benefit greatly from it, plus who doesn't want 3 grenades.

Ello said:
You sure? ;)

And you don't have to beat it on Vet to unlock elite.

Pretty sure since I'm mainly sniping and the main problems are the RPG dudes. Are you sure you don't have to beat it on Vet to unlock elite?

The last part of the game before Radec was disturbingly difficult. Seriously, it seemed like it was never ending. Beat the game and I am going through it again. Tried online and actually had alot of fun with. Amazingly, I held my own. This game is amazing and did I mention it looked great and is alot of fun?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AranhaHunter said:
Pretty sure since I'm mainly sniping and the main problems are the RPG dudes. Are you sure you don't have to beat it on Vet to unlock elite?
I'm sure. I played through on Normal and I unlocked Elite.

AranhaHunter said:

Normal unlocks Elite. I will admit that I am slightly scared to try Elite after what I went through tonight.

Ello

AranhaHunter said:

Yeah those RPG dudes suck. I played on Normal and got Elite unlocked after I beat the game.

cakefoo

EazyB said:

PS trey 4 Lyfe, bro.
:lol Here I was thinking we were supposed to enjoy the game despite its flaws, when in reality IT HAS NO FLAWS.

IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX THIS SHIT GG

Clinton514

Xater said:
Has anyone found acomplete guide for all the intel and symbols? I'm still missing some of the stuff.
I just got a Brady Game guide. I found a good portion of them without it and the unlockables at Killzone.com are cool as hell.

I'll use the guide to clean up the few I do have left. I think I'm missing 5 or 6.

Spoo

Man, I just opened the Scout class in MP, but I feel like I'm being constantly outmatched :eek: I'm a decent aim, but for some reason I suck with it so far. The blue screen overlay makes it really difficult to pick out targets, too.

I wonder, do I just suck or is it that everyone already has the spot and mark ability lol.

.nimrod

Bugnology said:
Servers / My rank ?

it somehow doesn't really work that well. i just unlocked the medic badge and there are scouts and saboteurs running around like crazy

but yay, it's starting to be fun now that i have the shotgun and smg :)

jorma

is now taking requests
Hmm, i'd like to know what actions give you XP in multiplayer, and how many points. Is there such a list somewhere? I've googled but no luck...

BeeDog

Damn, feels like I'm never going to get those prestige trophies (the % ones) :(. My question is this; are they based on your overall permanent rank on the leaderboards (let's say out of 1 million players, you need to fight your way up into the first 10000), or is it based on weekly activity (let's say 1 million players have played MP, but one odd week, only 50000 have been online, so it's the first 1% out of those 50000)?

Puck

Banned
Best way to level up, use the auto aim on shotgun in body count only matches (make one yourself, they are popular) once you have the body count medal. 3 points per kill, can easily get over 100 points without much effort.

BeeDog said:
Damn, feels like I'm never going to get those prestige trophies (the % ones) :(. My question is this; are they based on your overall permanent rank on the leaderboards (let's say out of 1 million players, you need to fight your way up into the first 10000), or is it based on weekly activity (let's say 1 million players have played MP, but one odd week, only 50000 have been online, so it's the first 1% out of those 50000)?
Weekly.

Jtrizzy

auto aim on the shotgun? I'm still having trouble with up close combat. I'm used to flicking the right analog with quick movements(COD4), but that makes the reticule go wild in this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If everything goes according to the keikaku i should be getting Killzone 2 this friday!
Woooooo !!!! :D

Rikyfree

BeeDog said:
It's weekly.

Ilparazzo

BeeDog said:
As in "weekly they do a check on the overall leaderboards", or as in "weekly they check who has been online and pwning"?
Second one.

Anyone want to play the game in elite for me? It's kinda frustrating...

zewone

I got the 6%, which retroactively unlocks the 10%.

Now that I have all the classes unlocked, I'm hoping I can make it into the top 1% next week.

Loving SP and MP. But I think it's very weird how often the "I kill you, you kill me"
happens. Is it lag? Poor design? I've never played an online FPS where this happens so much!

Top Bottom