• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Loudninja

BeeDog said:
As in "weekly they do a check on the overall leaderboards", or as in "weekly they check who has been online and pwning"?

Its not hard as you think I just got the Valor Citation,Valor Medal and Valor cross and I am no where near the top of the rank.

zewone

I'm not sure how it works as far as the percentiles go.

I have about 3,500 points and my buddy has about 4,300.

He has more kills, less deaths and more mission points than me, yet he only got top 10% and I got top 6%.

I'd love to be able to know how it works.

Ilparazzo

Loudninja said:
Its not hard as you think I just got the Valor Citation,Valor Medal and Valor cross and I am no where near the top of the rank.
Yeah, if you do the math with the number of players that appeared on the leaderboards last time I checked, you'd have to be in the top 3000, 9000, 18000 and 30000 or so for those awards.

zewone said:
I'm not sure how it works as far as the percentiles go.

I have about 3,500 points and my buddy has about 4,300.

He has more kills, less deaths and more mission points than me, yet he only got top 10% and I got top 6%.

I'd love to be able to know how it works.
Maybe some of his points were pre-patch, I don't think those count for last weeks rankings, next time you go to the game check out the last week tab on the buddy rankings and compare. I had 7000 points and only 1500 counted for the ranking (still got 1% though).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Always-honest said:
huh? you don't have it yet?... damn.. here's a hug...
*Hugs Always-honest*

True Fact:Yesterday i was playing Resistance 2 and SF IV ,and there were like 20 of my PSN friend playing KZ2.
Koks like the game is popular :D

sun-drop

just got to point where you blow the power station ..and that killzone just before it ... basically clicked the controls for me. i hopped online right after and was owning. i can pop guys at will now i think.

MP looks so amazing, it's kinda a shock really. and should get lots better cause i haven't unlocked anyting yet either. joined a clan.

one thing tho ..so i click the link to go to killzone.com .. and i can't get to it on ps3 ...site is asking for a flash9 update lol ... duuuh

WTFing

Banned
-Winnie- said:
Arghh... faction balancing sucks. I don't want to play as ISA. >:[
"My people, sons and daughters of Helghan, this much I vow. The history of these days will be written in blood..."

Best introduction ever, gaming war has changed for real.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fersis said:
*Hugs Always-honest*

True Fact:Yesterday i was playing Resistance 2 and SF IV ,and there were like 20 of my PSN friend playing KZ2.

I think you were the only person on my list not playing KZ2 yesterday! I look forward to seeing you on there soon.

-Winnie-

Bugnology said:
"My people, sons and daughters of Helghan, this much I vow. The history of these days will be written in blood..."

Best introduction ever, gaming war has changed for real.

Hell yeah. The end of the intro sends shivers down my spine. "They will know... Helghan belongs to the Helghast." and then BAM the music hits a grand final note. :D

teiresias

-Winnie- said:
Hell yeah. The end of the intro sends shivers down my spine. "They will know... Helghan belongs to the Helghast." and then BAM the music hits a grand final note. :D

I dunno, the cynic inside of me always mentally replaces his last line with "They will know . . . a red ball is RED!!!" Like, duh.

Tom Penny

I can't get over how terrible close quarters is in MP. It's sucks knowing that i'm probably going to sell this game back next weekend. You can be 5 ft from a guy and not track him.

-Winnie-

Tom Penny said:
I can't get over how terrible close quarters is in MP. It's sucks knowing that i'm probably going to sell this game back next weekend. You can be 5 ft from a guy and not track him.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Maybe they should turn on some auto-aim when in close combat.

Fersis said:
*Hugs Always-honest*

yeah, it's kinda good :p
wish they create something like a Resistance 2 co-op mode in the future. that would be insane.

now i'm stuck in the final @$#%@ level... i don't want to step down to normal.. must...complete...on...veteran........

McLovin

Tom Penny said:
Two options bake a grenade and drop it on the ground.. or shot in small bursts.

So whats the word on the DLC? Anyone know what it is? I'm itching to buy it already :)

Tom Penny said:

yeah,.. in those situations it's knife time for me... (blind knifing did help me through in some ocasions)

palpabl_purpura said:
Has anyone beat the game on Elite? I looks like it would be more trouble than its worth.

yeah,
the train level and the final level would be the death of my tv screen i think..

DrBo42

Anyone else feel like being Helghast is a handicap in MP? There's just something that seems unfair about someone knowing exactly where my head is at all times.

Ploid 3.0

Tom Penny said:

Guns are long ranged weapons. Did you have shotgun unlocked? What I do is try to pull back so I can watch the guy turn and try to strafe all while I line up and stay still for a better shot. Moving and shooting in this game throw your accuracy off.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bojanglez said:
I think you were the only person on my list not playing KZ2 yesterday! I look forward to seeing you on there soon.
And not because i dont wanted to play it, just because i dont have it yet! :lol
But yeah,looks really popular.

Always-honest said:
yeah, it's kinda good :p
wish they create something like a Resistance 2 co-op mode in the future. that would be insane.
Well, you can make a game full of bots and play it with some friends. :D

Crackers said:
I've finished that part last night on vet. I just went to the corner near the left staircase, it's a safe spot except for the odd nad from Radec (he always gives a audio signal before throwing one though). From there just keep going down the stairs and pick off higs and back up to heal. Rico will kill the others, just remember to heal him. When the storm troopers came I found it easier to retreat to the back corner and kill them as they went through the flames. When you hear the clink clank of the doors for the RPG guys, get the sniper and snipe them from the left staircase, you can get at least one from the bottom of the stairs where it's completely safe. You'll need to clean up some higs with your pistol at the bottom of the stairs first though. Good luck, that part was a nightmare for me too.

That's similar to what i did. I beat the game on Veteran. The L corner near the stair on the balcony gives you the best chance of survival. Shoot the higs at the bottom of the stairs or as they come up. If there's a group of them, throw nades down the stairs. Pray that Rico mans the other side. I took out the RPG men with only the SMG type weapon using the iron sights, but I suppose it would be easier with the sniper. Good luck. I died a shit load of times.

jax (old)

Banned
MAJOR STORY SPOILER

So I was replaying the game and at the start of the game, if you stand next to elana and rico, they have a disscussion about the impending war and elena specifically says to RICO
it is imperative that this war, we get visari on our side as our actions will impact the future of the war
or something to that effect... and hearing that... .. and knowing what happens at the end... made that little encounter all the more impactful.

Rico killing visari essentially doomed the ISA to war with the helghans for a logn time to come. He knew that he had to keep him alive and despite that, he kills the unarmed figure head of the helghans. The fact that he does it - I don't know what to read into it now? He was angry that garza/templar/eleana/lots of ship mates died... and decided to kill visari? What does this ending say?
I really think now looking back that guerilla plotted this out quite well.

and it makes the ending where sev seats on the stairs in despair seem all the more impactful

Tom Penny

McLovin said:
Two options bake a grenade and drop it on the ground.. or shot in small bursts.

You shouldn't have to drop a nade in close combat that is ridiculous and I shoot in bursts. Close quarters is broken. Period. That is undeniable. I have no problems with the other various flaws in the game but please, if you can't strafe and pop in a game it's a joke. I actually forsee this being one of the most returned games. MP gives it legs and a flaw like that is a major one.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Guns are long ranged weapons.

:lol ???

Fersis said:
And not because i dont wanted to play it, just because i dont have it yet! :lol
But yeah,looks really popular.

Well, you can make a game full of bots and play it with some friends. :D
i thought they took that out for online?.. or just the xp points...?

LoL I just saw the best death twich yet, I think that Helgast just did the hustle.

So I'm approaching the final area and I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to deafeat the waves of Higs on the stairs... until I found out thats the only place in the game with infinite respawn. WTF?

rass

haha i just checked my stats and i have 125% accuracy with the shotgun... 4 shots 5 hits haha. Ive spent 11 hours in multiplayer so far, just unlocked engineer. I really enjoy being a medic for some reason

JB1981

Just shoveled the shit out of my driveway and I have a two-hour delay at work today. I want to spend the next hour playing this game :lol

I think about it all the time, I love it so much (even when I hate it). Seriously what an amazing game. We should organize some times to play at night during the week. I can usually play around 8:00-8:30 est. My friends list has become Killzowned too. We should meet up at night GAF, set a time and a place and I'll be there. I think we should also talk about what game types we would like to play. I'm not a big fan of standard Warzone. I prefer to play extended rounds of Body Count, Assassination and Search and Retrieve. Search and Destroy gets on my nerves - too much spawning and dying, too much putting yourself in harms way for the sake of the team. Anyone else agree?

cameltoe

Tom Penny said:
You shouldn't have to drop a nade in close combat that is ridiculous and I shoot in bursts. Close quarters is broken. Period. That is undeniable. I have no problems with the other various flaws in the game but please, if you can't strafe and pop in a game it's a joke. I actually forsee this being one of the most returned games. MP gives it legs and a flaw like that is a major one.

Just because you suck doesnt mean its broken...

cameltoe

BobTheFork said:
LoL I just saw the best death twich yet, I think that Helgast just did the hustle.

So I'm approaching the final area and I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to deafeat the waves of Higs on the stairs... until I found out thats the only place in the game with infinite respawn. WTF?

I pushed straight through that part.....Higgs were all like "retreat, retreat!!" Died maybe 3-4 times there.

Fersis

Yeah,looks like my importer is gonna get KZ2 2 days earlier than expected. :D

JudgeN

For those asking for a party system I'm curious as to how this would work without killing team balance? I mean Team Fortress 2 doesn't have a party system and its one of the greatest multilayer games ever created. So I wonder how people solve the problem of add a party system without turning off team balance for all there servers.

Friend join only games in KZ2? Kind of like L4D?

oneHeero

Tom Penny said:

Must be broken for you since your not any good at the game. I've played with a ton of good people and all of them state how the game just takes skill compared to the games we've played that dont(cods/etc).

I dont have any problems in CQB. Shotgun + CQB = Win Just anticipate your opponents actions and your gold, if you cant than its not because the game sucks, its because your not good at it.

I love how people dimiss things if they cant get it on the first try, learn to adapt, learn to practice, if you cant do either than its your fault not the game.

JB1981

JudgeN said:
For those asking for a party system I'm curious as to how this would work without killing team balance? I mean Team Fortress 2 doesn't have a party system and its one of the greatest multilayer games ever created. So I wonder how people solve the problem of add a party system without turning off team balance for all there servers.

Friend join only games in KZ2? Kind of like L4D?

It's really not possible with a traditional lobby set up like Killzone has. I highly highly highly doubt it's something that will ever be 'patched in' either. Maybe Killzone 3......

DrBo42 said:
Anyone else feel like being Helghast is a handicap in MP? There's just something that seems unfair about someone knowing exactly where my head is at all times.

I find the handicap is the other way around. The ISA look like walking light bulbs with those blue lights on their torsos. The blue lights stand out more due to the art style of the game as well.

icechai

oneHeero said:
Must be broken for you since your not any good at the game. I've played with a ton of good people and all of them state how the game just takes skill compared to the games we've played that dont(cods/etc).

I dont have any problems in CQB. Shotgun + CQB = Win Just anticipate your opponents actions and your gold, if you cant than its not because the game sucks, its because your not good at it.

I love how people dimiss things if they cant get it on the first try, learn to adapt, learn to practice, if you cant do either than its your fault not the game.

+1

Play in some GAF games, a lot of close quarter combat ends pretty quickly with any weapon.

Switched to Alternate 2 + Zoom Hold yesterday and haven't gone back since. For me at least it's the most natural control scheme in the game, and it's really improved my online game.

JB1981

Winterblink said:
Switched to Alternate 2 + Zoom Hold yesterday and haven't gone back since. For me at least it's the most natural control scheme in the game, and it's really improved my online game.
This would be perfect for me if I could just crouch toggle with B - COD 4 style. Are you using L2 for crouch?

This may have already been discussed, but why is it that I can hear the entire ISA talking when I join a squad? I thought when you join a squad you can only hear and speak to your squad-mates?

Doc Evils

Solideliquid said:
This may have already been discussed, but why is it that I can hear the entire ISA talking when I join a squad? I thought when you join a squad you can only hear and speak to your squad-mates?

Proximity chat.

oneHeero said:

This isn't a space sim. You shouldn't have to anticipate where your opponent will be two feet away from you.

Dunlop

Wicked SP campaign so far. I don't really want to tackle MP until I beat it but I had to try it once :D

Please tell me there are no radar modes, I fucking hate the lack of suspence and just need to chase down the red dots

Tom Penny

oneHeero said:

You should be able to use any weapon at close range. Why would I have to use shotgun? I have like 1.5 K/d so i'm don't "suck" nor am I great. It's laugable that you guys justify shooting more accurate from the hip and mid and long range then close range.

Top Bottom