• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

McLovin

Oh man I love the controls :'( why couldn't the complainers just get use to them WHY?!!!! Killzone is Killzone it doesn't have to be anything else. It's its own game and people are trying to turn it into something else. Another COD perhaps... FUCK! :mad:

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
alba said:
Upcoming changes and fixes:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=217956

I swear if they change the control due to all the bitching, i'll be a sad monkee :(

GRR!!
Seriously, if they "fix" that shit I'm fucking quitting.

____ said:
How much Killzone 2 did you play this weekend?

I haven't picked up the game yet... (43.0%)
Still plowing through campaign mode - where the heck is Visari? (19.0%)
Soldiered through the campaign, now trying multiplayer (16.0%)
No time for polls... still playing... (11.0%)
There's a campaign? I'm all about online! (10.0%)

Total Votes: 2,052

^^^

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/02/this-week-on-playstation-blog/

so apparently most psblog users have yet to pick up KZ2?

;_;
Money is tight. I think Killzone 2 will have well above average sales throughout the whole year.

The more I play this game, the more I dislike the controls. It just amazes me how GG could not swith the grenade and cover buttons for when you have zoom on L1. The friendly AI in the campaign isn't that great either, and I get annoyed whenever I have to go zap with the magic-healing gun.

____ said:

^^^

;_;

43% is not "most"

Joni

____ said:

^^^

;_;
43% is most when 57% already have the game?

gantz85

Banned
____ said:

^^^

;_;

If I were a Sony Sales/Marketing folk, I'd take that as a possibly good sign of sales potential. What I want to know is -- if you haven't picked it up, will you? Are you considering?

beast786

Congratz GG
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33402/UK-CHARTS-Killzone-2-triumphant

UK CHARTS: Killzone 2 triumph

Sony’s PS3 exclusive shooter edges Microsoft’s Halo Wars to grab the top spot in the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40
After over three years of hype and unimagined pressure to perform, Sony’s PS3 exclusive first person shooter Killzone 2 has kept its nerve and debuted at the top of the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40.

The victory is all the sweeter having had to fend off the advances of Microsoft’s latest instalment to its Halo franchise, Halo Wars, which begins its charts career in second spot.

Last week’s number one, Capcom’s Street Fighter IV, is forced in to third place, though it holds off Nintendo’s Wii Fit for another week as that drops to fourth spot.

Elsewhere in the listings, Professor Layton has a strong week, climbing from 11th to fifth. Konami’s Silent Hill: Homecoming debuts just outside the Top Ten at number 11, whilst THQ’s Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II slip dramatically from third to 18th.

Capcom’s Wii only Dead Rising: Chop ‘Til You Drop failed to make the Top 40 this week, making it to just number 13 in the Wii listings.

The ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 in full (for the week ending Feb 28th):
1. Killzone 2 (Sony)
2. Halo Wars (Microsoft)
3. Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
4. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
5. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
6. Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Sega)
7. FIFA 09 (EA)
8. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
9. Ben 10: Alien Force (D3P)
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

McLovin said:
Oh man I love the controls :'( why couldn't the complainers just get use to them WHY?!!!! Killzone is Killzone it doesn't have to be anything else. It's its own game and people are trying to turn it into something else. Another COD perhaps... FUCK! :mad:
I doubt they change them. IMHO they are the best controls I have ever used on a console.

McLovin

____ said:

^^^

;_;
Everyone is too busy playing it to vote.. :p

-PXG-

I haven't much time to play games. I'm still going through the campaign. Anyone who says the campaign was lame is fucking dense. This shit is epic.

McLovin

Blu_LED said:
I doubt they change them. IMHO they are the best controls I have ever used on a console.
I really hope they don't.. if someone started a petition for GG to not drastically change the controls I would sign it in a heart beat. Minor tiny changes might be ok though.. but that's it.

thaOwner

____ said:

^^^

;_;
Well its open to the public and not everyone owns a PS3 so....

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Wow I just got done with my best game yet. 111 points with the faction bonus.

I KILLED AN ENEMY BY SHOOTING HIM IN THE FACE WITH MY MEDIC GUN!
:lol

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
How far am I in the campaign? I just
planted C4 on four pillars and blew up a building

Anyone else have some serious issues with the voice overs in this game? I was so annoyed at each and every actor I had to turn all VO off - resulting in a much more enjoyable experience (if only a little confusing when I can't read the subtitles in time during a battle). I loved the macho dialog of the Gears' but man, all this over the top crap with just an absurd amount of cursing is too much for me. I quit the campaign after the first 20 minutes 'cause it was too much - thankfully I poked around in the options and found the ability to turn down the VO to nill, otherwise this would have been an MP only game for me.

KZObsessed

‘Killzone 2’ becomes the 4th fastest selling Sony published title ever in the UK (2nd fastest on PS3 behind ‘GT5 Prologue’).

oh shiiiiiit.

Who wants to guess the other 2 were Gran Turismo as well :lol

Well done GG!

GodofWine

LeonTrotskyTrout said:
If they take shotgun aim assist off, my turrets, and I will not be happy.

How do you auto-aim the shotty??? L1?

I've been wondering why people are so good with it, and Im so (SO) bad.

NameGenerated said:
Wow I just got done with my best game yet. 111 points with the faction bonus.

I KILLED AN ENEMY BY SHOOTING HIM IN THE FACE WITH MY MEDIC GUN!
:lol

YOU CAN DO THAT!!!??? Sometimes I've pulled out the zapper only to be faced with enemies and take my sorry ass time to switch weapons just to die.

RavenFox

Banned
Teetris said:
Seriously, if they "fix" that shit I'm fucking quitting.

Money is tight. I think Killzone 2 will have well above average sales throughout the whole year.

I replied and told them to f the cry babies. Well I wrote it differently but that's what I felt like posting.

nib95

Banned
Anyone else feel the multiplayer controls are ever so different to the BETA? I had to put X and Y axis sens down 2 notches each for it to feel the same. I think they sped things up a little for MP, but I prefer them slower as they were in the BETA.

TheFatOne

lawblob said:
This is absolutely killing me. My wifi connection ocassionally disconnects me for a few seconds before signing me back in. With a game like KZ MP, it is devastating to put in 30 minutes of solid play to have it all disappear. -_-

Same thing happens to me. I was first with 50 kills and we were winning 3-1 :( didn't get any points.

Thrakier

McLovin said:

Yeah. If they make the MP twitchy EVERYONE has to play it twitchy because otherwise you'll have a problem.

RavenFox said:
I replied and told them to f the cry babies. Well I wrote it differently but that's what I felt like posting.

Those forums now are fuking swarmed by them. Its a small group that constantly whines, but I think GG will not put any changes.

I played off and on over the weekend, probably an even mix between the single-player and the multi. The SP is fun but it isn't the sort of compelling experience that keeps me glued to it.

MP I like as well but I keep thinking the game isn't sure whether it wants to be a run and gun thing or a stop and pop. Maybe I just don't know how to play it yet. Right now I'm not much good but I'm still trying. I think my highest score so far was finishing second place on the winning team with ~30 points or so.

I really feel like if the game had left the cover system in multi, added in some smoke grenades and other camouflaging mechanisms, it would really be over the top.

Both single and multiplayer I feel are missing something, some ephemeral it, that holds it back from true greatness. I'm not sure what it is, but I notice its absence. It's still good fun though and I'm enjoying it. Certainly, it's a nice change of pace from R2 which I'm sick to death of. I would have loved co-op but that's neither here nor there.

I went to check my stats on the website last night and nothing showed up. Is there something I have to do or is the system still catching up from the launch?

dralla

so that's why I couldn't get the boost badge, damnit :[

and when a clan doesn't show up to a tournament it should be an automatic win, we shouldn't have to sit in the game and wait for it to end. so, so annoying.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
MoonsaultSlayer said:
YOU CAN DO THAT!!!??? Sometimes I've pulled out the zapper only to be faced with enemies and take my sorry ass time to switch weapons just to die.
I do that all the time. I was frantically switching weapons to shoot him and I accidentally used the revive gun. I was like "WHAT?!" when I saw the headshot icon, there was no gun icon or anything else, just the head. It was so awesome. I was just destroying that game, my teammates were good for once. I died, a medic got me up, then died from the guy who killed me, I killed that guy and revived the medic who revived me. So basically neither of us "died" and he did. :lol

Union Carbine said:
I went to check my stats on the website last night and nothing showed up. Is there something I have to do or is the system still catching up from the launch?
It was actually working fine up until yesterday. Hopefully it'll be back in working order later today.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Dubbedinenglish said:
Those forums now are fuking swarmed by them. Its a small group that constantly whines, but I think GG will not put any changes.

Some of us actually do have problems playing the game due to the controls. I'm really trying to love the game but the controls make it difficult to do so. I appreciate what they are trying to do with the acceleration curves and laborious animations for all the actions, but the delay is seriously making things unnecessarily difficult. Most FPSes I play through on hard (or "hardest"), but I'm having to slog through the campaign of KZ2 on Normal because of the controls. They are a hindrance in letting me enjoy the game.

KZObsessed

Facism said:
Everytime i join a game with you playing, you disconnect -_-

I was just on the Pyrrhus Map and at the beginning of the game it said "Live_Feed" leaves game.

Got 70 points with only 2 deaths.

I'm getting my sniper medals now so if the map is Visar Palace or something I usually find a different game.

Facism

Raist said:
He's scared, dude, simple as that.

Yes, even now he's avoiding the post i made D: I hope he's not going to be like the new CO of Easy company in Band of Brother's, after Winters got promoted D:

XD

Top Bottom