• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

FredFish

calder said:
It was really dumb of me to play through it on veteran first. It's making it more of a frustrating slog than it needs to be, and now I'm maybe halfway through and the SP is a bit not fun. :| I may need to fly you in to beat the game for me, damn gold trophy whoring. ;)

Yeah I just finished my first playthrough tonight and I picked Veteran as well to start :/ Would've saved me a ton of aggravation to have gone through on Normal to learn the missions before ramping up the difficulty. Oh and you'll be happy to know that you only get a SILVER for finishing on Veteran :(
fsck Visari Palace. seriously

BobTheFork said:
I have to rank up or get better before I play on gaf games, it just not fun unless it's at least competitive. Is there any skill that detects spies? there are always 3-4 per team and even if friendly fire is off people bitch if you them

I might be wrong on this but I think that the sabotuer shows up red on radar when detected by a scout.

I'll, eventually, write a detailed opinion on how I feel about this game which will no doubt get lost in the see of replies in this thread. That being said:

This game is one of the definitive experiences in the modern console generation thus far.

jsrv

TheRagnCajun said:
I might be wrong on this but I think that the sabotuer shows up red on radar when detected by a scout.

Their scanning skill only works with targets directly in front of your screen right? How far is the distance?

nib95

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
I'll, eventually, write a detailed opinion on how I feel about this game which will no doubt get lost in the see of replies in this thread. That being said:

This game is one of the definitive experiences in the modern console generation thus far.

PM me when you do. Always interested to hear opinions from people who didn't get stuck at "the controls suck".

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ugggh leveling up ugggh

I hit sergeant first class tonight....just need to make it to medic. I plan to play medic like all the time. Maybe medic and saboteur. But what's the fastest way to level?

tapedeck said:
Im not a huge FPS fan...but I almost feel obligated to buy this game as a ps3 owner, lol. Im debating between this and MLB '09 The Show...I can only afford one of them. My wallet is on life support.

Tough choice to make if you're a baseball/sports fan as well, I'll eventually pick up the Show as well.

-Winnie-

Y2Kev said:
ugggh leveling up ugggh

I hit sergeant first class tonight....just need to make it to medic. I plan to play medic like all the time. Maybe medic and saboteur. But what's the fastest way to level?

If you have the medal for getting 10% of the bodycount kills (so, after 8 ribbons), you get 3 points per kill in bodycount. Then, just go into a bodycount only game and you'll get heaps of exp.

.GqueB.

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Yeah I think I got about 50 sniper kills in that Saluman Market game, but that was mostly because it was soooooo long. :p Tho when I joined a few rounds had already been completed. Sniping is a lot harder now than in the Beta, requires a lot more skill. In the Beta it was easy as anything with the auto aim.

I really want to get 5x scope and Spot & Mark and get practicing, I definitely need it.
Goddamn you and youre sniping. You got me twice during capture and hold when you were sitting over by those sandbags. So I spawned back at the base JUST so I could run around the entire level, come up behind you and kill your ass. :lol

Felt so good.

Ramirez

Played my first multiplayer game tonight, I had fun and finished fairly high in both games, the 2nd round froze though. :(

It was a very confusing experience in the beginning, I was kind of getting more an idea towards the 2nd game, but I had a lot more fun in MP than I'm havin' in SP.

bigswords

oneHeero said:
Having your cursor over their body shows up red and name changes back if I recall correctly.

No other way though. Also, you can definitely not be leveled up yet and still do good.

Hopefully I can play some more gaf games later with you guys, tons of fun!

I'm F1nestOne in case no one snaps to who it is :\

To be honest though, Saboteur only disguises as the enemy's Rifleman. So if your friend is an Engineer, and you see a rifleman running around it's easy to spot. Of course if you see a blue or red light (depending whether you are ISA or Helghast), you won't bother.

But in clan matches where everyone has a role, it will be harder to be in disguise. But the C4 from the saboteur will be an awesome defense item.

Teknoman

Y2Kev said:
ugggh leveling up ugggh

Do a certain thing a certain amount of times (earn melee badge, always get more points for melee kills, same for reviving and other things).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
They really need to fix the shotgun lock on. Despite the fact that there is some obvious aim assist in this game despite what some people say.

And there are some obvious frame drops in some crowded, hairy situations.

Neither of these things take away from the fact that I'm loving it. I wish MLB wasn't coming out tomorrow. Almost.

careksims

Just need 1 more for the Body Count Medal and the next level will get me Medic. I hate going by downed members and I can't do anything about it.

methane47

lol ok just played that gaf time to die match.. and good grief.. those saboteurs were sooo deadly..

I'm seeing this guy in blue making a b-line for me.. and I'm wondering if he's coming to say hi... BOOM shot to the head.. and i litteraly only see them turn back to the original form for a second! lol

When the other team was trying to plant the bombs uptop i was wondering how you guys didn't just rush the place.. cuz it seemed to me like all the REAL ISA were just running around and shooting each other (i was doing this too) just to make sure if the person was on our team..

I know the reticule turns red but it seems to me that if i wait that long I'm already dead.

alterno69

Banned
Great games going on right now on GAF Time to die, i sneaked behind a couple of Helgast standing on their base during a search and retrieve match and killed them both :lol

I'm Liquidsnk_mx btw.

Too bad i have to work tomorrow.

mYm|17|

methane47 said:
lol ok just played that gaf time to die match.. and good grief.. those saboteurs were sooo deadly..

I'm seeing this guy in blue making a b-line for me.. and I'm wondering if he's coming to say hi... BOOM shot to the head.. and i litteraly only see them turn back to the original form for a second! lol

When the other team was trying to plant the bombs uptop i was wondering how you guys didn't just rush the place.. cuz it seemed to me like all the REAL ISA were just running around and shooting each other (i was doing this too) just to make sure if the person was on our team..

I know the reticule turns red but it seems to me that if i wait that long I'm already dead.

yea i finished a gaf time to die match as well and it was really fun

methane47 said:

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Irnbru

bigswords said:
To be honest though, Saboteur only disguises as the enemy's Rifleman. So if your friend is an Engineer, and you see a rifleman running around it's easy to spot. Of course if you see a blue or red light (depending whether you are ISA or Helghast), you won't bother.

But in clan matches where everyone has a role, it will be harder to be in disguise. But the C4 from the saboteur will be an awesome defense item.

C4 is amazing once you get a hang of the traffic flow in games >D

careksims

MCermak said:
^^^^ hahahah. I was playing a sab the last match. :)

I am, ShatOnYourFace

Haha! Really reminds me TF2. Just couldn't tell when things are hectic. I was like @_@ when my own teammates where shooting at me. Then I realize they were just checking for spies. Was Friendly Fire on and off in these matches? I didn't want to hurt my own team!

methane47

careksims said:
Haha! Really reminds me TF2. Just couldn't tell when things are hectic. I was like @_@ when my own teammates where shooting at me. Then I realize they were just checking for spies. Was Friendly Fire on and off in these matches? I didn't want to hurt my own team!

For my first two deaths in the game I was like WTF MY BUDDIE SHOT ME!!.... then i caught my name on the list in time and saw the red.. and was like ...

=__=

duckroll said:
I can never fucking find the GAF game. :/

yeah I can never find it in the list either.. I suggest you just friend-up with someone from each clan who is relatively active.. and then.. boom have access to most gaf matches.

Beat the first mission and played some online. Really iffy with how the controls feel. Turned the movement speed down and that only helped a little.

Now that I have the game i guess it is time to delete my 10GB KZ2 video folder. :lol And thats not even half since I had to start over.

Kinda hard to do it really.

Ephemeris

flarkminator said:
Radec fight is frustrating, not challenging.

Fuck whoever designed it.

That is all

The part prior? Or the fight itself?

Cause the fight against him personally was a walk in the park by comparison :lol

mYm|17|

Ephemeris said:

Cause the fight against him personally was a walk in the park by comparison :lol

Yea, i thought the fight just to get to him was worse on veteran than Radec

icechai

flarkminator said:
Radec fight is frustrating, not challenging.

Fuck whoever designed it.

That is all

they messed up the spawn area because Helghasts only have 3 ways out (stairs, door, basement) while ISA has 3.5 ways out (grill stairs so you can shoot people above which leads to room or balcony, door, and basement). So basically Helghasts are bottle necked in their spawn point and any good team would make it hard pressed for them to get out easily.

Ephemeris said:

This. The part prior was easily one of my most frustrating moments in a long while. I freaked out when I finally beat it. My only issue was the Rocket Launchers, finding a place to snip them was hard. Everything else felt difficult because of the AI coming in from both sides and they no longer cared if they died, right in the face.

Radec only took me 3 tries.

TheFatOne

Full Recovery said:
The fight was fun, you just suck.

I will get my revenge on you sir. I almost had you twice when you were delivering the propaganda machine, but you were so damn fast. At least I killed you after you delivered it.

duckroll

icechai said:
they messed up the spawn area because Helghasts only have 3 ways out (stairs, door, basement) while ISA has 3.5 ways out (grill stairs so you can shoot people above which leads to room or balcony, door, and basement). So basically Helghasts are bottle necked in their spawn point and any good team would make it hard pressed for them to get out easily.

I think he's talking about the final boss in SP, not the MP map. :lol

Ephemeris

New Avatar Get! Thanks Bruce!

mYm|17| said:
Yea, i thought the fight just to get to him was worse on veteran than Radec

I concur. Did my veteran run and now I'm on my way through Elite. I dread the fact I have to do that again... but harder :lol

Top Bottom