• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
MCermak said:
Turrets rule though.

I still don't know how to use the repair ability though...?

Its pretty useless for me because i never get to build them, and I hate using the shotgun.

Ephemeris

MCermak said:
Turrets rule though.

I still don't know how to use the repair ability though...?

Look on your map for the wrench icon. Run up to it, hit right on the d-pad and R1 to repair. Very useful skill.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
<3 Revolver
I can't wait to use that thing, someone said tonight that it only takes 2 shots to kill someone with it. The standard pistol you get takes about 4 but I love that thing. I feel crazy badass whipping out that pistol and working someone from all far away with 4 quick shots.

TheFatOne

Whats the badge that make you have super speed?

Aladuf said:
I can't wait to use that thing, someone said tonight that it only takes 2 shots to kill someone with it. The standard pistol you get takes about 4 but I love that thing. I feel crazy badass whipping out that pistol and working someone from all far away with 4 quick shots.

Tomorrow I'm going to get this first I want to get the scout. Then, I will have the super pistol mwahahahha.

Stantron

I got the game delivered today and played through the first level. o_O Holy fucking shit. Best first level ever. It's seems like non-stop balls-to-the-wall intensity.
Nice few games with all the folks in the Time to Die server tonight. I'll be getting the Bluetooth headset shortly.

Now all I need is more time in the day to balance this and SFIV. :/

I'm almost done with the game. Typical good FPS from what I have seen. Nothing really special, but I'd put in the likes of the CoD and Halo series as far as quality goes.

_tetsuo_ said:
I hope i get this turret kill badge soon so I can never lpay engineer again.
I finished getting the medals for engineer and I'm actually considering staying one. I seem to be able to get a good amount of points. Just keeping the repair for other class should be useful, the ammo buckets and mounted guns can turn the tide in a close game.

Stantron said:
I got the game delivered today and played through the first level. o_O Holy fucking shit. Best first level ever. It's seems like non-stop balls-to-the-wall intensity.
Nice few games with all the folks in the Time to Die server tonight. I'll be getting the Bluetooth headset shortly.

The graphics gets even better and the intensity just keeps climbing. Can't wait to read your next comments, as you progress. :lol

Ephemeris

TheFatOne said:
Ahh I want it. I see cheaters like Full Recovery using it all the time ;). I'm done for the night can't wait to play more GAF games tomorrow.

My tactician does employ it as well from time to time. Good stuff

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Stantron said:

I hear you man. So many good games released recently and so little time.

I have Demon's Souls, Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 and Killzone 2 to play on my PS3 and Street Fighter IV and Star Ocean IV to play on my 360. I'm lucky to get in 2 hours on weekday nights and a bit more on weekends, too. I need to use some sick days or something.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Question about the custom soundtrack option of the ingame XMB. Is it possible to mute the sound effects and music and only listen to the MP3s? Like on Xbox 360.

DoomGyver

Teetris said:
Question about the custom soundtrack option of the ingame XMB. Is it possible to mute the sound effects and music and only listen to the MP3s? Like on Xbox 360.
I think so, look in the Options. I never use it though, if I do listen to music I just play it off my computer.

I love being the engineer (Have all his badges), but my scout and saboteur need work. This being, many of you saw kilgoreisdead [sniper rifle] [your name here] earlier tonight.

DoomGyver

LeonTrotskyTrout said:
I love being the engineer (Have all his badges), but my scout and saboteur need work. This being, many of you saw kilgoreisdead [sniper rifle] [your name here] earlier tonight.
Really? I saw a whole lot of Full-Recovery [Revolver] everyone else.

Guess I'm seeing things.

OH and before I forget, BISHOPTL is a quitter.

Stantron

BruceWayneIII said:
The graphics gets even better and the intensity just keeps climbing. Can't wait to read your next comments, as you progress. :lol
MontgomeryBurnsExcellent.gif
BTW, I'm playing on the third difficulty (veteran?) so I think that probably helps with the intensity. I've died a few times already from being distracted admiring the scenery during a fire fight.

DeeVoc

Neo Member
One issue I'm having is my Jabra headset is picking up EVERYTHING from my rear speakers. Got yelled at in both matches I played last night. Any common fixes for this kind of stuff, don't believe there's any mic volume setting on the headpiece itself. It's the free one that came with warhawk.

Barrett2

Boy did this thread die off fast. Guess the game's a flop.

BA-DUM-TISH!
drummer.gif

Tiduz

Eurogaime
is it weird that i really suck and still love the online?

thats why i dont play with friends, i dont want to annoy them cause im not pro :(

I played this all fucking day yesterday.

I created a room called SICKDAY ;) and I made it about ten rounds (fully packed with 32 players) and it froze on me so I just decided to join a different room. Anyway, I randomly check the server list and it's back up... but I didn't recreate.

Question is, did someone copy my naming or what?

icechai

Full Recovery said:
Really? I saw a whole lot of Full-Recovery [Revolver] everyone else.

Guess I'm seeing things.

and I saw a lot of icechai [fist] Full-Recovery the past few days :)

Big-E

Anyone else lose their badges? I could have sworn that I had all 8 headshot badges but today I saw I only had 5. I am almost positive that I had 8.

Barrett2

I had my second game freeze last night, 40 minutes into a game. They seriously need to patch this. Its bad enough I have to play these long games paranoid that my own connection will momentarily glitch and boot me from a game, losing my XP, it adds immensely to the paranoia knowing the game itself might freeze at any moment. -_-

DoomGyver

user friendly said:

I created a room called SICKDAY ;) and I made it about ten rounds (fully packed with 32 players) and it froze on me so I just decided to join a different room. Anyway, I randomly check the server list and it's back up... but I didn't recreate.

No, if you create a room and leave while people are still playing chances are that it will stay up as long as people are playing in it. Because it really is GG room, just with your name.

This is why I had 2 GAF TIME TO DIE! servers up last night.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Gaf's back, woohoo.

Tactician, really wasn't expecting it to be fun but spawn grenades proved to be classic fun.

Great tactic with a little strategy too.

Can't wait to get home.

:D

raYne

user friendly said:

Rooms don't close down until everyone leaves. So even if the host quit, froze up or whatever the room/game will still be available for the current active players.

So most likely, everyone didn't get disconnected when you did and others just kept joining.

Full Recovery said:
This isn't news.

:O

Full Recovery said:
No, if you create a room and leave while people are still playing chances are that it will stay up as long as people are playing in it. Because it really is GG room, just with your name.

Cool.

Haunted

Finished the campaign late yesterday and started another Elite run earlier today. Really enjoyed it.

Random thoughts:

- Natko must be one of the most unlikable characters ever. Actually, pretty much all the Alpha Squad members except Garza were assholes. *shrugs*

- Love how motion controls were implemented.

- Why do all the Helghast speak with a British accent?

- With this game, the Anno series and Crysis, European devs completely dominate the top-tier graphics department. Germany, Netherlands, represent! :D

- Elite difficulty makes it abundantly clear that my complaints about lack of crouch toggle were justified. Fix this shit, Guerilla.

Rikyfree

user friendly said:

No,it's the same room, it just transferred hosts since you left.

jmd494

When is it safe to quit after a match?

I just finished a round...I watched my little progress bar go up...then it came up with the dialog box that said "syncing servers, Press O to quit" or something like that.

So I hit O and now my stats are gone from that round. Why?

Also, did anyone else have ALL their stats disappear from Killzone.com? Because I did (SP and MP)

DeeVoc

Neo Member
Having issues with my earpiece when playing. I'm using the one that came with Warhawk and it's picking up EVERYTHING from my rear surrounds and annoying the crap out of everyone I'm matched up with. Is there anyway to turn down the mic sensitivity or am I just stuck?

andycapps

Full Recovery said:

Good games last night. Freaking hate your sub-machine gun though.
As in, I wish I had it
I'll definitely be on tonight for a few hours around 7-11 PM EST.

Really loved the proximity chat last night on a search and destroy on a map where I was able to sneak up some stairs into the enemies base, but with the proximity chat I could hear them talking and preparing for us to come in. So I just waited a few seconds and charged in and took out a couple of you guys and set the explosives. Then someone diffused it with 3 seconds to go. :lol

raYne

DeeVoc said:
Having issues with my earpiece when playing. I'm using the one that came with Warhawk and it's picking up EVERYTHING from my rear surrounds and annoying the crap out of everyone I'm matched up with. Is there anyway to turn down the mic sensitivity or am I just stuck?
It's either in Chat Settings or Accessory settings in the XMB. Something like that.

Haunted said:
Finished the campaign late yesterday and started another Elite run earlier today. Really enjoyed it.

Random thoughts:

- Natko must be one of the most unlikable characters ever. Actually, pretty much everyone in the squad except Garza were assholes. *shrugs*

- Love how motion controls were implemented.

- Why do all the Helghast speak with a British accent?

- With this game, the Anno series and Crysis, European devs completely dominate the top-tier graphics department. Germany, Netherlands, represent! :D

- Elite difficulty makes it abundantly clear that my complaints about lack of crouch toggle were justified. Fix this shit, Guerilla.

By the end I thought he was ok. Sev and Garza were definitely my favorites though, they never came across as assholes to me.

Rico just needs to die. :lol
Hoping he gets booted after what he did at the end. Should have been him and not Garza :(

we're back? damned Narwhals
Started using tactician last night, but it's kind of lame. I just throw my spawn grenade, hope someone uses it and stand around shooting people. It's very easy to get the ribbons for it. I should finish ranking up by today. Oh I saw our clan is in a tournament!!! woo I have to get in on this but I kinda suck so we'll see, at least I'll be here when it happens. Shit I couldn't even eterni-spy (full-rec) with a shotgun to his back :/ If the aiming wasn't so jacked up I could shoot moving targets, but then it would be easier for other people too so who knows. Just stick me in the back with a wrench and an assualt rifle and I'll be fine.

careksims

So when will it be before we see a fully working stats page. They really need to buy more servers or something :/ The KZ site's in constant FUBAR.

Dante

2 Levels in SP to go....I might bump down to Normal since apparently you don't get a trophy for Veteren, and I plan on doing Elite.

Got the medic badge last night, Been jumping back and forth between sp, and mp.

Top Bottom